Love O2O

blubber
Jun 22, 2017
It's cute and light-hearted but nothing more.

Plot: One word: Cliche - you could probably predict the ending from the first episode. The best part of the plot was that there was really no big "problem" and so the main couple just had a nice a happy journey without any melodrama/angst. But because there was no central "problem" the story was lacking.

Acting/Cast/Characters: The main leads were cute but kind of stiff. I honestly enjoyed the banter of the side characters more. The acting is a little forced but not terrible. The characters were cliched - to perfect with literally no faults that indicated that they were human.

Rewatch: It's not something that I would rewatch. I finished it with a mixed feeling of satisfaction (that everything resolved the way I thought it would) and disappointment (that I wasted my time on something that I really didn't get anything out of).

Overall it is just a cute little drama - one that you will hardly remember in a few years as it has melted into a blob with the rest of cliched romance dramas. You aren't left thinking afterwards and I don't think that the script writers meant it to be something complex and memorable. For what it is, it's alright. If you want something a little deeper, skip this one.

BTSKORANY
Mar 25, 2017
As a gamer I got really excited for this!!!
I really liked this drama because of the gaming.
As odd as gaming relationships are, they DO EXIST XD
(Totally relatable to this drama!)
The story is really adorable.
Really love the relationship on the 2 main characters.
If you are seeking a playful, dorky drama, this one might be for you.
My first time seeing Yang Yang in here & I fell in love with him.
There are so many cute guys in this drama :3
(Huge crush on Zhang Vin & Bai White as well.)
One of my top favorite dramas for the rest of my life!
sc06135
Mar 14, 2018
If you think the man should always save the woman, and that all independent women should become submissive, you've come to the right place. Honestly, the love story didn't even make sense. She fell in love with the guy because she thought he was handsome. He never properly shows that he loves her either. Throughout the whole drama they were just these two people that had absolutely no chemistry with each other. It didn't help that their story lines was so cringe. Like, whoever wrote this drama obviously was a shallow person. If someone could just please enlighten me on how this drama was soooooo great. Love? Cute? Where?

Zoe
Nov 12, 2016
Chinese dramas have that same feel of the unattainable hero and how he falls in love with the lady love. Circumstances might try to rip them apart, but they stay true.
I liked that this drama had characters that weren't afraid to get a bit mean with their enemies. If they were upset, they were upset and lashed back. I liked how human they were.
I really loved how nerdy everyone was and how much time they spent on the computer haha. Also, so much of the drama happens online.
Chinese kisses, are way better than Korean kisses.
I really liked the way the drama threw in some really random relationship factors and responses.

Wei Wei - female lead
Our heroine studies computer science and so do her friends.

“No wonder the girls in science and engineering have such a hard time getting boyfriends. We can handle electric work ourselves. What do we need boys for?”

I really got into this drama. As per usual with Chinese dramas, I skipped over some of the girl friendships, because they are so run of the mill and uninteresting. A ditzy side kick for the oh-so-sensible heroine. I don't mind the somewhat superior heroine in Chinese dramas. It is a good change from Korean dramas that prefer the klutz over the class.

Wei Wei is competent and confident. She rarely needs rescuing. And she faces off well against other women who try and attack her. She's not cowed easily. I couldn’t believe some of her snide remarks. It was great.
I liked her rationale when she was dealing with Xiao Nai.
Even though she's so awkward around him, I liked how logical she was with her overthinking and also how she was sometimes cute.
I enjoyed her problem solving abilities.

Xiao Nai - male lead

Xiao Nai is the hero and he's very kind and polite to Wei Wei but pretty arrogant and nonchalant with everyone else. I loved that he said he could change for her.

I like that he's direct with her.
I like that right from the start he lets Wei Wei have her say and make her own decisions and respects them. He continues to do that throughout the relationship.
I'm never a fan of the wrist grabs but if you have to include it, Xiao Nai does it right. It's not aggressive or domineering, it's almost like his main motivation is that he wants to touch her. And he does it just once.
Also, he might make those protective moves but he explains them right away.
I dislike heroes who are good at everything. I love love love that Xiao Nai is poor.
Although I was really relieved to see that the show demonstrated that Xiao Nai was a team player in sport and wasn't just a glory hog.

I really love how Xiao Nai knew how important Wei Wei's friendship with the girls was.

Xiao Nai doesn't let any unnecessary drama shake him in the least.
“Why wouldn't I trust my girlfriend?”

I really love that Xiao Nai doesn't mollycoddle her.

“Wei Wei, I might be adding to your troubles by telling you this, but I think it's something you'd want to solve on your own.”

Romance

“So how will you measure our affection level, then?”
“I'll develop a model for calculating it.”

Xiao Nai is not caveman jealous.

“Your wife is coming onto me.”
“Enjoy it. I don't mind.”
“What a well-coordinated couple!”

The most adorable thing was that Xiao Nai carried around Wei Wei's cactus that he was looking after.
Also, how he pays attention every time she touches him.

This actor is really good at kissing haha.
I like how he is subtle about showing us that he knows that he is lucky to have Wei Wei.

Wei Wei - “I'll have a sack and a bat ready.”
Xiao Nai - “If you're going to beat someone up, you should bring me with you.”
“You're going to help me?”
“No, I'll be the lookout.”

The Game
I like how important the game was to the characters. How they had morales about how they lived their character's lives.
I had to laugh as real life was leaked into the game as well. “You're still killing me? I'll just go do laundry.”

“That's enough. I won't waste my internet and electricity on you.”

Yu Ban Sha
I'm not used to seeing actors as good as this guy in Cdramas. He really sold his part.

“We should be humble. Our target isn't the prettiest girl. It's her friends we should be after.”

Bad Guy
I kind of like that the bad guy messed around with her support systems and how she had this conflict of how she didn't know who to trust. It wasn't the usual queen bee with her posse. Part of the drama was that she didn't know who her posse was.
Meng Yi Ran is way better than the average stale bad guy.

KO's relationship with Hao Mei is so hilarious. He looks like he doesn't care, or that he's constantly angry with the world but he just goes along with Hao Mei's bubbly personality.

Kdrama vs. Chinese Drama Debate
In Chinese dramas, things get solved in one conversation. I feel like there's no process. People don't just change their minds because of words.
I still dislike the lack of emotion on Chinese actors faces. But this time round, is my third Chinese drama and I think I'm getting used to it.
Chinese dramas take themselves so seriously.
When they film and show the characters I just feel like they're so pushing the concept of how perfect they are. I felt like the characters still had that dignified barrier between them. That they still didn’t feel comfortable with each other.
The Chinese characters seem much more dignified. I thought I’d never view my culture background from that perspective.
Parents are not very important in this drama. In Kdramas, parents are everything.

Laurelryn
Sep 12, 2016
This drama seriously gave me a run for my time. I became so obsessed with this drama that it basically took over my life. I would want to rush home from work to watch it. I would rave about it to everyone that would listen. I couldn't pin point why this drama was so good at first, but then I realized its because it is different from everything out there. There is no plot twist, huge conflict, an annoyingly useless lead, or a character that is hateful due to pitiful reasons.

This drama is very chill compared to everything that is out there. It is a pure love story with little bits of dramatics mixed in. The OTP is meant to be shipped and it shows (there is no one else to be rooting for). The story rolled nicely and there was no terrible cliff hangers. You just wanted to watch the next episode because of the warm feeling every episode gave you. There was a good amount of laughter, romance, and small issues in each episode. It is a must watch if you're tired of characters possibly dying or going crazy at every turn.

PLUS, it just made you giddy inside EVERY SINGLE TIME the OTP appeared on screen. Give it a try if you're looking to relax and feel warmness brewing inside of you.

eva
Sep 29, 2016
The story is smooth going… sweet and cute kind of love story. Some kind real life experience with not much typical kind of plpts. And I expected that like in other dramas the rival of main female lead will be same kind with tauntings and hatred nd playing tricks against her but there was nothing like that. It was a nuetral sweet story. And adding game effects in the drama… I totally loved it. But I expected that till the end but they stopped in the midway. That game effects in middle to middle were totally lovable(for me).

And songs and music was good too.

OSTs are good too. And ending song by Yang Yang awwww... That was unexpected. Loved that ending song.

Definitly worth watching (not for those who cant stand nuetral stories with much twists).
I would definitlty recommend to watch this show.

Aria
Dec 5, 2016
Story: The story was a bit cliche, but despite that, the drama pulled off that cliche quite well and had it's own uniqueness that separates itself from the other typical dramas. Not only is it centered around gaming, but when I started watching this, I expected a bit more drama. So I was taken by surprise when about 90% of the scenes was just pure sweetness and comedy.

Acting/Cast: Wei Wei and Xiao Nai fit their roles well and had not only an adorable, but a realistic love story. There were no major ups and downs in their time together, just pure fondness and relationship growth. There was one misunderstanding that could have brought them apart, but they sorted it out in just one scene. That's what I loved about these two, their relationship was built from mutual affection to genuine love and trust that never faltered even for a second. I loved Xiao Nai, even if his character may as well have been pulled out from a manga. His character was just pulled off so well that it didn't seem exaggerated. I also really liked Wei Wei and how she was equal to Xiao Nai. It wasn't a rich guy falls in love with a poor girl love story; both were popular, desirable, and all around what you'd call perfect. My only issue with Wei Wei was in the kiss scenes. The kiss scenes were incredibly cute, but Wei Wei though barely even puckered up. I forgave her in their first kiss together, but she never gives as much as she receives which frustrated me.
I liked Xiao Nai's 3 friends as well as Hao Mei's relationship with Ko, I sensed a bit of bromance. I also expected to dislike Yi Ran, but she wasn't as bad as most female love rivals in dramas. She just had a crush on a guy misunderstood the situation. She didn't go too far and knew her limits.

Music: I thought the OST was cute and fit well with the vibe of the drama.

Re-watch Value: I'm not considering re-watching it at the moment, but it is definitely worthy of it. You can even skip through all the dramatic scenes since there aren't much of them and go right for the cute scenes.

Overall: Definitely worth the watch if you don't mind cliche's and an overdose of cuteness. If you don't like it by episode 9 or 10, I'd suggest dropping it. I considered dropping this a few episodes in, but I eventually started to like it and by those episodes I just wanted to see their relationship develop.

Amalie
Oct 27, 2016
I have already watched this a second time and I must admit the second time was just as enjoyable as the first one.

The story is very sweet - maybe a bit predictable - but I think the drama is well done and therfore I don't mind that. I like that it is about a computer game and I like that there's both a mix of in game and real life stories in the drama as I think the characters get more depth that way.

I really like the characters and how Wei Wei and Xiao Nai are around each other and around their friends, whom I find very enjoyable to watch as there is some funny scenes.

The music is sometimes a bit weird but I will admit that it also made me smile sometimes as it just made some scenes more fun to watch.

Another thing I found a bit weird are the kissing scenes, but after I read the novel I understand why they happen like that a bit more.

All in all I really love this drama and I can't stop smilling through all 30 episodes! You can't help but get in a good mood by watching it - therfore the high rating.

Ma Webre
Oct 3, 2017
I really would like to watch the movie again, but I can't seem to find.  Does anyone know where I can find it?

The tv show was not as good as I remember the movie being.  However, I am not a big fan of angel baby and this show did not change my mind.Yang Yang played his part well.

I am also not a gamer so it spent a little too much time in that world.  I think that my main problem is that I could not see Angelbaby as a young college student.  She didn't work for me in this part.  Not anywhere as good as boss and me or because of you....those two still my favorites.

Sunny
Aug 12, 2017
This is the first time I'm writing a review for a drama. I just had to write one because this drama amaze me on so many ways.

I usually watch more of Korean dramas but decided to give this drama a try when many of my friends were watching it. I didn't expect anything much because I never really watch a modern C-drama. At this point I've only watch the ones set in old time.

This is the first time where I've watch a drama with a plot like this, it was very interesting and it got me hooked right on the first episode, There was not cliches rich moms nor a super jealous and evil second lead but it still carry on and keep the audience interested in the plot. The editing for the game world was beautiful, the outfit was great.

Now onto the couple. Their chemistry super adorable, they got me feeling jealous that I don't a BF, watching them blessed my soul. The reason why I liked this couple is because they have trust in their relationship so there was nothing that could break them apart. Others drama that I've watched have so many misunderstanding between the couple, it got me frustated. They both are such a good looking couple.

I'm currently rewatching this drama again because it's so good. The only other drama that had this effect on me was Love in Tokyo and Reply 1988.

Miss Lee
Aug 17, 2018
Actually, I accidentally came across this series. However, I am very pleased that I have decided to watch this drama.
The plot is exactly as one would expect from such a drama. It might seem that this is a not the case. On the contrary. The drama, although with a very popular motif, was recorded superbly. Can attract attention. While watching it, you can relax and let your imagination run wild. Teenagers in particular. The sweet story between the two main characters is brilliant. The drama is most recommendable. It is worth seeing.
marcus_choi
Jun 22, 2018
1st review!

despite not the first drama i watched and definitely the most recent one..id like to give honor to LOVE O2O my first critique... before anything else..I have not heard or watched the movie (one smile is very alluring) nor read the novel in Wattpad...it was purely coincidental since i was browsing though YouTube what to watch since i was binge watching Asian dramas... and heaven sent me this wonderful series..at first i was confused what is happening..i didn't know that it is game related (yes i haven't read the synopsis either).. i just literally gambled watching this without prior notice to myself...haha anyway, i gambled..then i dint finish the first episode...i was bored watching it..but since i give second chances (even in love haha)...i then proceeded to watch the 2nd episode..then, there i was.. trying to understand whats happening despite the confusion.. haha the wedding happened..maybe it was me pissed off with the enchantress and that bitchy sidekick of hers that made me watch this series...then i was curious how they will meet in real life knowing that..ehem SPOILER ALERT.. ok ok..i wont say anything further! hahaha the point is...after that...i fell in love gradually.. then noticing i was getting further and further in the story and i cant stop watching! i have a sucker for not giving perfect score...meaning that is the best i can offer to something..hey, nobody's perfect right? hehe