Love O2O

bambamby
Sep 6, 2016
I'm gonna confess, I'm not the perfect viewer to chinese dramas but this really make me realize two things:
1. I have no problem focusing in long dramas
2. I can be patient with the right plot and drama.

Since the first episode to the end, gonna say is cute, lovely, and NORMAL. And yes when I say normal, I mean about two people falling in love (ofc, in this case is a drama and always will be a drama) as a normal couple. Without dramatic plot twist, or mean people around (well, I'm not saying they decided delete all the stereotypes haha). And that's what I was waiting for, because sometimes even when I want to run away from my real life and escape to dramaland , in others I also need to watch a realistic and cute couple thing, as all these living in harmony around us.

I you want a refreshing and lightly drama, This is your drama!!!

Story 9/10
CHdrama needs to be better producing a drama.
But overall, the drama is good , the plot is plain but refreshing, and the leads have a good chemistry.

Gamers on board,
See ya!

Aryael
Sep 6, 2016
Story: A sweet and light love story. The difference? The focus on online games which gave the drama some fantasy element and the interaction between friends living in the campus. If you are saturated with too many complicated love stories, this is the drama that will give you a breath of fresh air. You'll find yourself smiling most of the time. One smile = alluring. Many smiles = Excellent! My congratulations to the writer who also happened to author Shan Shan Comes to Eat - another nice sweet romance drama worth your time. I'm off to re-watch it now!

Acting/Cast: At first I was a bit worried when Zheng Shuan was cast in the role of Wei Wei. The novel described Wei Wei as a beautiful young woman with the perfect body and frankly speaking, Zheng Shuan's not the best around when it comes to having curves where curves should be. The movie version of this drama cast Angelababy as Wei Wei which was closer to the description of Wei Wei in the novel. So, having watched the movie first - I had to adjust to seeing a mediocre-looking Wei Wei in the drama but after a few episodes, it became a non-issue as the story took precedence. The shining star here is Yang Yang. His boyish charm shone through. He alone pulled through the chemistry with his leading lady when Zheng Shuan was a little stiff to start with. Watch out for those scenic and romantic scenes....and kisses! The dialogues were also excellent!

Music: Passable but it is not the music that attracts. It's the sweet love story.

Rewatch value: Highly re-watchable. Lots of sweet scenes.

Overall: Addictive. Sweet. Smile inducing. Makes me wanna re-live my younger days in Uni and fall in love again. Highly recommended.

LilyL
Dec 29, 2016
THIS DRAMA! HAS TO BE! THE BEST DRAMA! IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! I am super excited to write a review on this because I am ready to spill out ALL my thoughts on this drama! AHHHHHHH!!! Let's get started before I keep babbling on about how fantastic this drama is haha... (Get ready to read a long/full of thoughts review :P)

Story/Plot: -10- When my mom showed me this drama, I saw it was related to video games and I was like "I'm out! I am NOT watching this!" but I decided to give it a shot and I am so happy I did! The storyline is amazing, the combination between the game world and the outside world is such a unique idea that was brought out nicely throughout this drama. I love school/earlier adulthood settings so this was a major plus for my specific taste. Overall, the plot was perfect because it had funny moments, sad moments, and such cute moments all in one!

Acting/Cast: -10- Zheng Shuang and Yang Yang (Bei Wei Wei and Xiao Nai) had THE BEST CHEMISTRY I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE ENTIRE ASIAN DRAMA JOURNEY! His character looks out for her in every way possible and it is just so cute! Her character complements his character and that makes this whole entire drama 10 times, NO! 100 times better. The whole entire cast was spot on for this plot. Er Xi and Bei Wei Wei's friendship is absolute GOALS! Speaking of goals, of course, Bei Wei Wei relationship with Xiao Nai is also goals! It makes me so sad because I know, in the real world, that there will never be anyone perfect as Xiao Nai! :( I also love how this drama mainly focuses on the two main characters and even though there are misunderstandings throughout the drama, it always comes back to focusing on Bei Wei Wei and Xiao Nai. This just adds way more meaning to their relationship in "Love o2o" and it is what makes this drama really stand out from the others.

Music: -10- The songs/tunes used in this drama are so adorable and they fit in with the events happening SOOOOO well! There is also a song by Yang Yang in this so that just makes me love it even more! :)

Rewatch Value: -10- Saying that I have already watched this drama 3 whole times, from the beginning to the end, and still find it intriguing to watch it for the fourth and fifth and sixth time, I would definitely give this a 10 rating for "rewatch value." (I am actually planning to rewatch this for the fourth time, maybe tomorrow since I have nothing else to do :P)

Overall: -10- The storyline is perfect! The characters are perfect! The music is perfect! EVERYTHING IS PERFECT! There is no other drama that has beaten this one yet, for me, so I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I might seem to be rating this drama really easy going, maybe in your guy's opinions, but trust me, I usually rate dramas pretty harshly, especially with their rewatch value, so this drama hits the spot for me! Trust me with this review! :)

Thank you for reading this long review, but I hope it helped you guys! I REALLY ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO WATCH THIS DRAMA BECAUSE IT IS THE BEST ONE YET FOR ME!

|Ciao for Now!|
~Lily L.

Jeana
Mar 8, 2017
I've completely lost faith in humanity after watching this drama. How the absolute fuck does it have an 8.9 rating? Are all the happy reviewers some kind of bots that mass rated it with such a high score and sang hallelujah because after suffering through 30 episodes of this shit, I really am confused.

This drama is a total hypocrite. It tells one thing and shows something entirely different. Supposedly, it tells the viewers that it's against patriarchy with the 'girls can be great at computer science too' bullshit. It preaches 'brains over beauty' and all that spirtual crap however, it 'shows' an entirely different story; for this drama, in its core is wholly patriarchal. The main heroine only truly gets acclaimed for her beauty and even though she is supposed to be this smart person with a trillion scholarships, we don't really see proof of her intellect. Sure, she wins a few games against other weak ass females but the moment she goes against a powerful male opponent, she loses which is why her MegaGenius boyfriend has to sit by her and dictate all the moves and only then, she claims victory. Like okay?

The male character is honestly, so fucking overhyped and again, if we really try to find the heroine's contribution to the plot, you'll find none. She is supposed to be this brilliant computer junky and yet, when she does the internship (in a company filled with men) her sole job is to bring food, drinks and matresses to the guys who work day and night. Like??

So even though, on surface it looks like this unique drama with a never before seen plot, in its core, it is still filled to the brim with superficiality.

Now, lets talk about the cast and characters. The main guy is literally a robot. Like, the kid has no emotional depth whatsoever and so clearly the actor didn't have to tire himself by actually acting because all his role requires is to be a pretty but expressionless face. To make matters worse, he's a chauvinistic asshole. And not in the 'bad boy' way, where you love and hate them, no, in his case you're just annoyed by him. He is literally so perfect and the only flaw he has is the fact that he can't cook. I mean, come on.

To be honest, between his extra hairy armpits, pre-pubescent face and red ears, he isn't really much. Also, what irked me is the fact that he treats his girlfriend like a pet (dog). (No kidding, she actually herself makes the comparison once.) And he's full of himself, sadly, without much basis.
Like the girl is having a fight with her best friend and instead of really consoling her or saying some meaningful shit the bastard says, "She's a very small part of your life, while I'm your everything. From now on, you're not allowed to shed tears for anyone else." Now this is the exact fucking quote, no lie and the braindead heroine actually feels comforted by this. Deceased.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love his type; the cold, uncaring, perfectionist asshole who eventually thaws towards the heroine. We have Simon Bo, Kang Ma Roo and even Baek Sung Jo (tho one could argue on Kim Hyun Joong's acting skills) but all these characters have different sides to them and they show complex personalities, Nai is the same from beginning to end and I can't believe I'd tolerate a lifeless and boring as hell person like him in real life.

Now, the heroine: Sure, she's cute, quirky and very gorgeous and unfortunately, the only one acting in the show. But soon, you realize that she's recycling her facial expressions, so much that her acting becomes quite monotonous after a while.

Speaking of monotonous, the whole show is dead as fuck. Here are so irrelevant scenes that you just stare at the screen trying to comprehend why the fuck are you being shown this unnecessary shit. The game scenes are depthless. The fighting scenes lack vigor. And I wanted to bang my head against a cactus, everytime the heroine interacted with her friends because all they did was act like juvenile brats and gushed about the main guy. I mean, you guys are supposed to be these tech savvy college students, the least you can do is show an ounce of maturity, but no. Too much to fucking ask.

Furthermore, I think I froze because of all that ice between the couple, tbh. There is no heat or chemistry whatsoever and they remain awkward and detached throughout. The affection seems forced and their union wasn't natural at all. Atleast the guy has one quality; he's an excellent kisser but the girl literally stands like a dead fish in response. No, even a dead fish has some sort of pucker going on, this bitch just has her lips in a straight line and proudly shows that kissing her is akin to that of kissing a cardboard box.

For me, romance or basically any sort of relationship can only thrive and grow stronger if two people go through complications and get out of it together. Or if, they do selfless and thoughtful things for each other, no matter how small. Here, everything is rainbow and joy- literally no problems at all- and the best things the characters do for each other is treat each other to meals. That's all. Which is why their relationship is so flat, unrealistic and plagued by stangnancy throughout the show. Tsk, tsk.

The only thing fairly enjoyable was the actions of the hero's friends. Those three made me laugh a bit from their silly antics but that's about it.

Rewatch value? This shit doesn't even have 'watch it once' value. The drama truly highlights that people will always be attracted to surface beauty no matter how much substance it lacks. This is an absolute fail and I only recommend it for people who want mindless fanservice and zero plot.

mini
Sep 29, 2016
okay so i'm not quite a dedicated viewer of Chinese dramas. i just watched a a few of them and they were not bad.

this drama can easily be described in just a few words.. nice, warm, cozy, romantic, light hearted, cheerful.
note my words "easily be described in a few words" this implies there's not much you can expect.. there are hurdles but are easily overcome..love triangles but easily broken..this is what you say an easy light hearted romance..
the gaming part didn't interest me at all...i found it a bit boring and just skipped through them..

the male lead is fantastic.. his acting is good.. and not to mention his looks.. he is someone you would just spend the whole episode looking at..
the female lead didn't impress me much..she is really pretty and her character was cheerful..and these may be the only things to her credit..i felt that her acting was not up to the mark, sometimes i just found her expressions over expressing or sometimes may be expressing nothing at all...oh,.! i just forgot to mention the PARK SHIN HYE syndrome that she has to her credit...it was really annoying..

the music was not bad...i don't remember them well so they are not remarkably good...

i don't rewatch dramas.. so i won't recomend it..
if you are looking for something light hearted, romantic and nice , just go for it...

rainruma
Mar 30, 2017
An Unpopular Opinion....

*** What I Like (+):
--- Yang Yang is the Master.... Master at Kissing that is - too bad he didn't have a partner :(
--- Old Man Yu is most enjoyable character to watch .... The actor, Niu Jun Feng, is the best in the show! ... (just as good as he was in Battle of Changsha)
--- Zhang Vin is so very Hot looking as the brooding KO... too bad he didn't have much screen time.
--- enjoyable encounters .... nothing annoying.
--- Villains were not real bad .... some had a little bit of growth, a positive!!!
--- The Game scenes were shot well!
--- Good looking cast.

*** What I did NOT like (-):
--- Practically No plot .... nothing much happens .... no drama.
--- 2-dimensional characters .... No depth, no psyche ..... all the more kudos to NJF who made Old Man Yu shine!
--- Lead actress froze w/ open eyes as he passionately kissed her .... She's unhealthily skinny ... Does too many pout faces.
--- What's w/ the mystery of Mr. Beautiful and KO???.... It was probably a BL in the novel, they only hinted at it here .... but at least turn their friendship into something worthwhile!! .... not just shallow encounters :P:P
--- Her friend Er Xi is way too bubbly!!! .... trying too hard to be cute :P ... too much like a manga character .... a different actress could have turned her into someone cute and lovable ... ( I am thinking of Dilraba as the impish red fox princess in Eternal Love .... so cute and energetic w/out being annoyingly bubbly)

*** Recommended for those who like:
--- Refreshing love story, b/c no love triangles ... no angst ... trusting couple who talk things out.
--- fluff and cute scenes
--- No real villains
--- Don't mind that there is NO strong Plot .... and NO well-developed or complex characters. :(((

*** Not recommended if you want depth, complex characters or interesting plot.

*** Ratings
- Story - 3 .... simple, nothing there.
- Acting - 5 ... Not bad not good ..... some supporting were bad ... Only NJF's performance stood out as very good.
- Music - 5 ... It fit well ... bit too bubbly and "pop" for my taste.
- Rewatch - 2 ... only if in front of me, I won't turn around.... But I would never seek it out.

Basically, very bland and very blah!!!! ..... Not much to love and even less to hate .... If not for Yang Yang's kisses, there is nothing to watch.

Scroll
Sep 9, 2016
The romance is strong in this drama. I could not stop squeeing out loud, almost constantly wearing a stupid grin on my face. So many butterflies in my stomach, swooning every minute. In fact I adored this show and I'm so happy I found it.

So let me brake down the good and bad. If you are ok with classical tropy characters and can look past some of the issues with the story elements, this will probably satisfy you if you are looking for a sweet young romance.

The story concentrates mostly on the romance that is strong from the start. Problems are thrown onto the path of the leads, but their constant trust in each other is adorable. Nothing seems to rock their faith in each other.

The setting partly in game and mostly IRL is fun and engaging. However as I am myself a game developer of triple A games, some elements of the business broke my immersion. I don't think most people will notice, and isn't it a problem in any movie and drama that features certain occupations and businesses.

As the story is a classical Harlequin like set up, with the strong, silent, mysterious, genius guy and the intelligent, good hearted and sweet girl there were moments of the really annoying "damsel in distress" trope.

Even more annoying is the "being the most beautiful is an instant win". Looks are the only thing that matters and any social issues are solved by showing up and being pretty.

Then again. I didn't know how much I would enjoy even these aspects. It was a very long time ago I consumed this kind of romance between a perfect pair who are the envy of all. Once in a while (once a decade) the feeling of squeeing like a 14 year old over a hot guy who is the perfect image of a gentleman actually was very satisfying.

The actors are very stiff. The main male lead has a stick driven through his body making it almost impossible for him to move his neck and he is constantly looking at something far away instead of seeking eye contact with the female lead. I understand he is supposed to be elusive, stoic and mysterious, however it's too much. He is very good at kissing, so it makes up for his stone face statue like aura.

The female lead is directed to talk with a squeaky baby voice and act all super cutesy. She is also directed to not respond to the kisses besides wide eyed look like she is almost being assaulted and is prepared to flee. I must say, for some reason I actually got into the whole innocent act and it does pay of in the final episode. The build up of a certain scene was kind of hot...

My favourite character is the support actress who played the room mate Er Xi. She is supposed to be an average looking nerdy type, but is the most beautiful one out of the large cast of females. This annoyed the hell out of me, when they constantly referred to her as ugly and stupid. Her role was to play over cutesy, a bit stupid and clowny. But her story line really engaged me and I loved her development (what little there was). I thought she was the one that had the hardest problems and felt much more sympathy for her than the main female lead. I really hurt for her once the situation blew up.

As someone who always does queer reading the relationship between two of the guys was very sweet. There is really no room to misunderstand their relationship... ^^ Also a checkbox checked in the satisfaction column. I could wish for more, but was surprised over how clear they dared to show the gay couples relationship.

The special effects suited an ingame environment. And the music was partly game inspired or nice romantic. Pretty ok production value and the directing clearly worked for this type of genre.

Over all I am giving it a much higher value than I "personally" usually assign by my standards and requirements. I would probably then land on a 7. But I'm going to look past the issues and just go with my gut feeling. By my gut feeling, emotions and satisfaction that this drama gave me I should actually give it a perfect 9... I'll compromise and we land on an 7.5.

Plushie
Oct 28, 2017
This drama is like candy: sweet and addictive, but nothing beyond that.

The plot is rather simple and dare I say cliché in some aspects (boy meets girl, insta-love, CEO and employee, cold emotionless guy vs sweet shy girl). However, it adds original and rather fun things like the virtual world battles and interactions. Also, kudos for adding such a contemporary theme like games and gamers. It was really refreshing to see not only boys but also girls playing virtual games.

However, even if the plot is somewhat decent, I don't think the characters or even characterization was well done. I mean, let's admit it, the main couple was a bit...too perfect for my taste. Nothing wrong with having capable main leads, but the two seem more like Mary Sues than actual capable, independent characters. I would've liked it a lot more if their flaws and problems were highlighted more (or even there to begin with, I didn't see ANY major flaws from each character), because they didn't feel realistic to me. But I kind of liked the way they trusted and confided in each other, but still felt a tad bit unrealistic (really, every couple has problems).

Also, the acting was stiff to say the least. I didn't feel anything at all from both parts. Yang Yang is drop dead gorgeous and a hella of a kisser but nothing more than that. I know his character is supposed to be this distant, somewhat emotionless guy, but he could've given much more than just the same cool, cold guy that we are tired to see in dramas (at least I am tired).

Zheng Shuang has the same flaws: a pretty face (also justified since her character is supposed to be pretty) but nothing much more than that. She lacked emotions and expression, what was supposed to be quirky turned out to be just plainly awkward. I know that because I've read the novel this drama was based on, and let me say the novel's Wei Wei was a lot quickier/ funnier than ZS portrayal, which made me like her more than when I watched the drama (even if she was still a Mary Sue).

Side characters were well played, and actually more developed than the main ones. I liked the subtle bromance between two of Nai's life long partners, but it's so subtle and undeveloped that it made me wish to see more, luckily I read the novel and got what I wanted.

All in all it was addictive but turned out to be underdevoloped, which is sad given it's 30 episode lenght. Honestly, I've seen dramas with a lot less episodes but much more fulfilling in terms of acting/plot/development. Also, the episodes seemed draggy sometimes and pointless. I think it would be better if it was 16 episode kind of drama, since the lack of depth and not much to do with the plot could allow this one to be a sweet, funny journey. But what's done is already done anyway.

Keona8
Sep 10, 2016
Let me be clear...I purely watched this drama because of the lead actor, Yang Yang.
I saw that a lot of people liked this drama so I don't want to discourage anyone but for me it was a boring drama and the acting was so-so. The best parts for me were the interactions between Xiao Nai Friends and his girlfriend...
The hero, Xiao Nai saw a girl playing an online game in a cyber cafe and he fell in love with Wei Wei. He meet her through the game, they meet in real life and began dating. The end.
I was cringing my teeth because of Xiao Nai catchphrases...It was so "classic". Personnally, despite the fact that he is handsome, smart, athletic, I won't want to go out with someone like him. Life will be too boring.
This is only my opinion, feel free to watch and check it yourself!

Kar
Sep 10, 2016
In the first 10 chapters, I could have dropped it at any time. It's a cute drama, but has many annoying things. For example: I can not have less interest in what happens in the game. And at first they seem to be all day about it. Nor I am interested in hearing the thoughts of the main girl. The secondary characters are childish and do not contribute almost nothing. Everything in this drama seems so superficial.

But...

Gradually the simplicity of the drama conquered me. It is a modern drama without cliches, without melodramas, with almost no complications, which is appreciated! But is too idyllic, this bordering on fantasy. OMG! This is stupidly corny and full of sugar. Ultimately, I love the sweet. I can not deny it!

I like how they use the cyber world to unite the protagonists, but in fact it was he who sought it. So there's a little trap on that. I liked that the protagonists, they never separated, never have a conflict. They are adorable all the time.

The story and characters are traced to those of Boss and me, just change the place and how to meet, but otherwise follows the same pattern. But instead of food have online games. And so... Campus = office. Third brother = Big boss. No wonder share the same writer. Inevitably I have made many comparisons of a drama with the other. And for me Love 020 loses out.

The cast:
I do not understand why they chose to Zheng Shuang to play Bei Wei Wei. To start she was not physically for the character. She did not even puts his voice. The dubbed voice, it is so unpleasant, artificial, which spoils everything to me. The protagonist girl loses naturalness that she should never lose. And how unpleasant it is to hear your thoughts all the time, as to the girl protagonist of Boss and me but she was so funny, while this girl do not get at all. Or rather, the voiceover is the only who can not get. That's what I much hate! Worst! She is not able to properly respond to kisses! However, she is pretty. She is also a little smarter than Shan Shan. In the end I get used to her. If only they had not dubbed his voice. It would have been great!

Xiao Nai is an exact copy of Feng Teng. They never lose. They are so frozen, with distant look, that is impossible to know they're thinking. No complaints on the performance of Yang Yang. He can be so quiet that not even blink. But he gives excellent kisses! unfortunately the girl squandered.

Music is not outstanding. It is well below that of other chinese dramas. At first I skipped the opening, but eventually I ended up enjoying the song.

Rewatch:
I never see this again. Or maybe I see only the end. I am very satisfied with the ending. Despite my negative comments. This has not been a bad trip.

PS: They could not choose an uglier actor to represent Feng Teng? They could have simulated Zhang Han, even without showing his face. They finished with all the glamor the big boss!

Yong Lin
Sep 8, 2016
Overall, this is an interesting drama if you want something that strays a little outside of the generic plot-line. By incorporating online games into the drama it gave it a realistic feel as to how people meet in the 21st century.

The drama has its cute moments that are worth re-watching. Compared to the usual 40-50 episode Chinese drama this drama has almost the right amount of episodes. The only things that I didn't quite like about the drama was how repetitive some of the scenes were between Xiao Nai and Bei Wei Wei. It bordered on being predictable and almost unnecessary. The acting doesn't really evolve between Xiao Nai and Bei Wei Wei. It pretty much begins with instant adoration and love between the two characters. However, the length that Bei Wei Wei goes to suppressing who she really is in order to be what she thinks Xiao Nai wants in a girlfriend is kind of off-putting. In addition, Xiao Nai is supposedly a cold and collected character in the drama but he often comes across as flat.

WhiteLilly
Sep 9, 2016
I got to hand it to the Chinese - they sure know how to deliver drama-kiss-scenes...
Truth be told, I am not the biggest fan of pure romance, but here it got me. I will probably rewatch this many times.
Do you know the meme-face, which pukes a rainbow? Well, imagine it with puking a stream of pink hearts - that would be me watching this drama. It's embarassing, but I will admit to it.

I give this drama a 10, because it deserves this in terms of romance. You can scratch the whole side-plots (of which aren't too many around) and still have an awesome couple.

What this drama has NOT and I didn't miss either:
1) Misunderstandings between the couple
2) Second-lead-syndrome
3) Evil mother-in-law or alike
4) over-the-top dramatic circumstances like amnesia, murder, sickness etc.

What this drama has:
1) A handsome, cool, intelligent, competent, polite male lead, who does - let's face it - all the right things which no man in reality can live up to
2) A female lead, that manages to be clever, polite, witty, modest but self-assured and lacks the typical submissive side, which I so often dislike in Asian dramas
3) Some cool and funny supporting characters, that have genuine connections between each other
4) Minor tensions that are resolved easily and in a superior way by the main couple
5) All the bullies get their mouths stuffed right away, which is just SO satisfying
6) Some ear-reddening kiss-scenes...

This truelly is a drama to romantically relax. It doesn't have the nerve-wrecking plot-twists that we all know and just want to get over with. Instead, we see a believable and perfect love-story and since it doesn't aspire to be more than this, it hits the mark.
The only thing I missed from about episode 20 onwards were the scenes from the game, but since they moved the relationship to real life, it happens fluently.
I have to admit, I fast-forwarded some of the side-story, just because I couldn't wait for main stuff happening, but I see this as a plus.