Love O2O

Alexandria Yamamoto
Oct 7, 2016
I am not a heavy romance person, but this is one of the few romance drama I truly enjoyed. I ended up watching it in under a week.

Story/Characters:
My favorite part was that the romance did not contain the typical relationship drama portrayed in most of those I have seen. The addition of the characters being actually intelligent and able to work out differences through talking was refreshing. The drama does start slow but it does start to pick up later. I especially like the fact that it was a MMORPG as it was a new way to start a romance. The entire IT aspect was nice as there are very few dramas actually have characters in those areas. Characters were solid as their personality actually became a important to the story.

Cast:
I don't know the cast very much except for Yang Yang but overall I believe it was a excellent performance. I have heard of a few complaints over the more intimate scenes but it felt acceptable for me in terms of how their relationship and personality affected it.

Was not the greatest soundtrack in the world, but did not detract from the story or the characters.

Overall:
I consider this a excellent drama for is freshness and a showing a that a romance does not have to have all the ups and downs like most drama relationships. I would definitely watch it again as it renews my belief that relationships where people can put their whole trust in the other can exist

annenana
May 14, 2018
To be honest, I wasn’t into Chinese dramas at first. And this was the first Chinese drama I watched. And I’m not going to lie, it’s because of Yang Yang.

The music was great, considering I’m a half Chinese girl, I understood what the song meant and it wasn’t that hard for me to memorize the song and fall in love with it. Plus, it was Yang Yang who sang the OST of this drama.

If you want to watch something which is light and just chill or relaxing, then this drama is for you. The story was good, the casts actings’ were great, there was really a chemistry between Yang Yang and Zheng Shuang, it wasn’t thst hard for me to fell in love with both main casts. The lover didn’t have any complicated issues or problems between them.

The only problem in this show I think is that, the story was so perfect. There weren’t any serious problems so it really is impossible to happen in real life. The great thing is that, even if it didn’t have any complicated situation, it entertained the audience because of the chemistry of the main casts.

Nora
Oct 20, 2017
The story is really creative, it reminded me of an anime called Sword Art Online somehow, maybe because they filmed it as if they actually enter the game world for real!! When the guy (I forgot his name so I would just call him the guy)  said he was preparing for his wedding was really cute as if he would be married in real life, it was just a game bruh LOL!! This drama is actually the first Chinese drama I watched after a very long time, and it got me completely HOOKED again!! and now I gotta find similar dramas to this one ASAP T.T

I have no complaint about this drama except that maybe if they can find a better actress for the main girl?? I don't dislike her, don't get me wrong it just that her acting was pretty stiff and seemed a little bit forced here :((  BUT still highly recommended!!

ChaoticNai
Jun 11, 2017
I kept seeing this drama pop-up for months without really bothering to watch it but oh boy do i regret it now.
This one left me with a feeling of emptiness rarely felt before, there's no over-the-top drama, the main couple communicated and faced problems head on without doubting each other and I just *sigh* it's so simple yet it's brilliant.
I decided to watch the first episode as a way to procrastinate studying for my exams and 30 episodes later I wanted to go back and re-watch it all over again.

The main leads were too perfect but that's just what the story's about - two perfect people meeting each other (although the kiss scenes were a bit...).
There's also a side BL story that wasn't explored as much as I wished but with China's censorship roles I'm not surprised (I ended up reading the translated novel to realise they were in fact together in the book and they were too effin cute)

Overall, it's been less than 24hours and I'm itching to re-watch it just to melt from all that lovey dovey action.

Kylie
May 24, 2018
This is an honest review of just the drama itself without comparison the novel because I haven't read it.

For me, Love O2O is a light, fluttering, college romance drama. I liked how mature the relationship between Xiao Nai and Bei Wei Wei despite having almost everyone around them against it. They never fought and they were so cute. The story is as predicted, prettiest girl + hottest guy, it is more realistic than the cliche: hottest guy and the ordinary one. I liked the friendships they had with their dormmates, the interactions and the funny scenes they had. Storywise, I'm giving it a 10/10 because I liked how simple and realistic it is, I liked seeing them in love (though they never exchanged ???), I liked the simple complications, the friendships and everything that happened in the story.

For the acting, I liked how Yang Yang portrayed the perfect character Xiao Nai, perfectly. A fictional character set the bar too high again. I'm pretty sure Xiao Nai is everyone's ideal guy. Let's just say the looks and skills are just plus points, the main reason why I really liked him is he is mature, soft, kind, understanding and gentle. Yes he is cold, but it's only to the girls who liked him and that's another plus points! It just shows that he will never look at anyone. Notice how he was to his friends, to his family and even to Beng Wei Wei's friends. He is really perfect!

As for Zhen Shuang, she is really pretty but I don't find it to that extent where everyone is almost drooling at you. She's really beautiful but everyone seems overreacting as if she was an angel that fell. She's also a little stiff and awkward. Plus everyone calls her sexy but I find her really thin? No hate, I love her and I loved how she portrayed the character. I'm just saying the flaw I've noticed. I don't know if it's the actress or the character Bei Wei Wei that didn't win me over.

The music was catchy but it was nice. I kept on remembering Love O2O whenever I insert my USB in the laptop because of the music it made. There was one OST that caught me but it was played in near the end part.

I would definitely rewatch it over and over again. But maybe I'll be skipping the part inside the online game. It was like a story inside a story. There were also a lot of side characters, not that I complain of, but I find it hard to remember that I kept on searching who's who. Until now that I finished all the episodes the only people I can remember are Xiao Nai, Bei Wei Wei, Erxi and KO.

For overall, I was satisfied with the drama. Well there may be few flaws but spending 3 days was worth it.

MulanHua
Dec 5, 2018
I watched this show because Netflix suggested it and it only has 30 episodes, which is very short for a Chinese drama.

I instantly fell in love with this show due to it's light-heartedness and quick pace; which was a nice surprise since most Chinese dramas I'd seen tend to painfully lengthen every scene with unnecessary flashbacks and dramatic stills. Also the drama is kept at a reasonable level; yes, it ticks some stereotype boxes (she is beautiful but too shy to notice; he is perfect in every which way; both of them have a quirky and boisterous entourage), but it managed to steer clear of any kind of melodrama.

Here are my top 3 reasons why I recommend this show:
3. The story is straight forward and doesn't sport any unnecessary side-plots that distract from the main one (which was my issue with the last drama I watched).
2. There isn't anyone truly evil which I find very realistic. There just are no evil future mother-in-laws in real-life like many dramas tend to portrait. Even the competing love-interest isn't an evil person per se.
and last but definitely not least:
1. THEY TURN OFF LIGHTS IN THIS SHOW!! Okay, this might sound crazy, but this is a thing that has been bothering me for ages! People enter an empty room - the light is already on; they leave the room - the lights stay on; they go to sleep - the light is still on! Seriously, is nobody in the drama-verse concerned about finite resources?! You wouldn't believe how much I freaked out, when Weiwei turned off the light when leaving her room! - Totally the moment I fell in love with this show.

Thanks for reading; hope you'll enjoy this show as much as I did. I'm going to turn off the lights now and dance in the dark.

ramsha
Apr 17, 2018
this drama is like having yourself drift into your own fantasy world. its like how somebody feels when they play a game. they try to put themselves into the game and pretend to control their characters like how they would in real life. they literally portray that. and they show real life stuff too. real life romance and gaming romance. pretty cool right. let me tell you this the directors went all out for this. they put in a lot of effort. they had to put in effort for both the real world and the avatar world. plus the effects for the fire and water power. and the costumes for the gaming world were the best. you should totally watch this drama.

Gulsen
Jul 20, 2017
Don't let 30 episodes scare you..even if long drama is not your cup of tea if you are a sucker for smooth sailing romance Love o2o will surely get you.
No misunderstanding between the main couple,no stupid jealousy and guess what you'll see match made in Heaven ^^
if you are a gamer or interested in IT you might also want to check this out. if we leave out the romance after alll, we see how a group of young guys start their business in gaming..
I think this kind of drama is the best to pass the time and relax ^^
Panda_San
Sep 21, 2017
I had a high expectations for this drama , I waited patiently till it ended & then I started watching nonstop !! It was produced by the PDs that did both Boss&Me and My Sunshine drama , so I knew it was gonna be a hit and indeed it was . The plot , cast & everything was amazing for me ... The beginning of the drama till about episode 7 was slow & draggy but after that the story begins and it was a lot more interesting . I loved how the writer made the character of both leads actors it was nothing like any drama I watched like they're my relationship goal ^^ !!! Zheng Shuang I loved her but she was so awkward when she have kiss scenes , but other than that am totally satisfied . Yang Yang the perfect , handsome & romantic Xiao Nai < and the way he says that heartbreaker lines with a straight face like seriously my heart can't handle him xD The two makes a cute couple and they suit each other very well , they make me feel calm like no other couple did kkk ... So end of story if you like >>> Boss&me , My sunshine : This's the drama for you .

MomshieDucK
Aug 1, 2017
Usually I enjoy the acting so much more than the storylines for most dramas I watch. Thus was the first time where the situation was completely opposite. I loved this story so much! It was the first time I had seen a storyline revolving around gamers especially involving female gamers. I most definitely enjoyed no love triangles lol. The main couple trusted each other and were confident in their relationship. I liked that the female character was strong, intelligent and confident. Unfortunately I can't say much for the acting. The acting was super stiff and like robots at times, it was extremely frustrating to watch. The story line was what kept me going even though it was super slow and I felt like they could've told the s story in half of the amount of episodes. If you enjoy stable relationships and a fresh story but at the same time are very patient and are ok with slow plotlines I would def recommend.

Ye Jian Li
Dec 20, 2018
Honestly, this is my FIRST EVER Chinese Drama AAAANNND because of it - I COULD'NT STOP WATCHING CDRAMAS ANYMORE!!! I GOT ADDICTED TO IT! (That also sets a warning to you all if you don't want another thing to be busy about on your list)

Im writing this review not immediately after I watched the drama, im writing this 10 dramas after. So my impression might be a bit biased already since I didn't write exactly what I felt after watching it.

So here is what I liked about it.
1. The main guy is so handsome, he is like a fairytale prince that you can't get your eyes off
2. He and his friends are so funny together
3. KO is soooooo boyfriend material
4. The game concept is reaally awesome

What I don't like
1. The main girl has a boring personality and really needs a sandwich (the antagonist even seems to be more interesting)
2. One of her friends is just plain annoying, her acting of being a naughty noisy friend is SO forced
3. The PLOT is sooo slow and not satisfying, romance scenes were barely there
4. If there were romance scenes, its the common ones you might have read in romance novels (e.g. wattpad)
5. There are so many cringey characters, especially the antagonists

HONESTLY, I don't even understand how I came to like it.
Well, credits to the CASTING FOR THE MEN though.. Their acting is so good and they have good looks to ;)
The men were able to cover up for all of the negative in the movie. Especially Xiao Nai and KO.

Okay, I might sound shallow for just watching the drama because of the handsome guys but come on, IT IS TRUE that they were the only thing good. They covered up the lacking parts in the series with their acting and making you believe that it is a nice romantic comedy series.

Why I was hooked up with CDRAMAS after this? (even after claiming that it isnt a good one)
Well, I came to like the Chinese idioms and I also like their series concept where they narrate what the characters are thinking. This also introduced me to a bit of ancient china SO THATS WHY the following 10 dramas iv'e mentioned are all historical ones. :)

Would I re-watch it? NO
Do I recommend it? YES if you're into handsome guys and NO if you're into plot

KrisSixx
Sep 27, 2018
Watching this drama was so fun and I discovered it to be quite addicting as well. The not so typical romance stories honestly caught me in it's web.
Being still relatively new to this field of reviews and also dramas I can say that from experience it could be an easy distressing drama to watch that leaves you with a smile at the end of the day.

An interesting plot not so commonly used such as love through internet me me want to watch it even more. One down side of this would be that everything goes too smoothly but again if you are not quite enjoying the over dramatical moments of dramas it would not be a problem. Honestly I like from time to time to see some tension between the characters and this had me shook that their love was basically true love with perfect trust. The plot ended just right with a more than amazing ending and everything settled down nicely in the end

The actors played nicely and transmitted every emotion well... and nothing seemed faked. The characters resulted commonly were even greater with the two world theme as the game went on and the real life so ever. Whatsoever in my opinion at some times it seemed a bit rushed regarding the normal way human emotions work but I think you can close one eye at that and still enjoy it to it's fullest.

The setting and music were definitely one of the dramas peeks. Maybe compared to other dramas the music wasn't so relevant but it always brighten the mood or didn't overlap to the main parts going on just when needed. The sceneries were beautifully chosen and I think that the way the characters were enjoying the fantasy world of the game is just how real life players do and is quite relatable.

In conclusion rethinking it it is a worthy drama and I'm happy I spent the time to see it. Also I recommend it to others that love gaming or the IT stuff and also for the ones that do love nice romances or simply want something bright and cheerful.