Love O2O

silent_whispers
Sep 18, 2016
The gimmick of Love O2O is that the romance follows the male lead falling in love with the female lead at first sight. The twist is that he fell in love watching her play an online game. They're both gamers and he pursues her in the game! Strangely enough it never felt like a gimmick and Love O2O was so refreshing in the aspect that despite part of the story happening in the fantasy game it was very down to earth. One of the most realistic dramas that I have had the pleasure to watch. The drama lived on the merits of it's great storytelling and characters. Making it an easy viewing experience. One that I spent most of the time with a happy smile on my face. Not to mention that cliffhangers really aren't a term I would use for the end of each episode. Instead viewers are compelled to watch for love the drama without being strung along.

Love O2O gave me a break from the tiring tropes of K-dramaland. Wei Wei and Xiao Nai seem like stereotypical leads for dramaland. Xiao Nai is the perfect and aloof male lead who seems so cold. Wei Wei . . . actually I haven't run into her character that much. She's the school's second beauty, only because of some shady stuff did she lose first, and she is used to getting confessed to a lot. Just like the male lead. She's smart and confidant. Able to handle and make her own decisions. While it seems silly that Xiao Nai falls in love with her and asks her to marry him in the game, they quickly discover each others personalities. Leading to an unshakeable trust between the two and being able to know each other so well that others' schemes can't shake their relationship. They talk immediately about issues and don't hide anything.

Xiao Nai is up front that he knew who she truly was and that he persude her. Instead of hiding it and having some stupid misunderstanding. In fact, between the leads the “misunderstandings” that usual drive me nuts in most dramas aren't present. Because they COMMUNICATE!

The leads aren't the only ones well developed. The side cast is so well done. Xiao Nai's bros are so awesome and the way they interacted left no doubt of their friendship in my mind. In fact, I was almost moved to tears at one point. What was even better was Wei Wei's friendship with her dorm mates, especially her best friend Er Xi. Now female friendships in K-dramas are something that either get benched or don't exist. Normally it's the female lead against all the other evil female characters. That's one thing I've found I like about Chinese dramas, and especially about Love O2O. Each female friend stood out. While Er Xi may be the overly cute and excitable type, I had no doubt of the friendship between her and Wei Wei. Even their fight and eventual makeup felt authentic. Watching them together was just as enjoyable as watching Xiao Nai and Wei Wei fall in love.

The parents of both characters weren't present all that much, but when they were there I bought it and loved that they had personalities. Many scenes of them meeting the parents and their reactions to their children where wonderful. I enjoyed that the villains and love rivals that where present didn't always stay conniving people. In fact, the “villains” grew and felt remorse. Reflecting on their life and actions.

That said I was slightly disappointed about Hao Mei (one of Xiao Nai's bros, AKA Mr. Beauty) and KO. Their relationship fascinated me from the get go. It was basically bromance at first sight, and I was convinced something more for KO as he hacked Hao Mei's computer. Then began to stalk and insert himself into Hao Mei's life. Before the time jump KO “back doors” (don't get dirty on me) his way into living with Hao Mei. Then they're never mentioned in the time jump what happened between the two. Er Xi and her love interest are at least given a bit of time, I felt cheated out of a very interesting story. In truth I probably never could have gotten enough of Hao Mei and KO. At least I'll always have the lovely image of KO in that suit.

I feel odd saying this but I actually found that the actor doing the aloof and cold Xiao Nai brought so much warmth to his character. I feel odd because I thought Wei Wei ended up feeling colder. It could be a big part of the director wanting to emphasize that Wei Wei changed Xiao Nai into a warm blooded male and that she was shy. However, Xiao Nai—actor Yang Yang—blew my mind with his intense kissing techniques. While Wei Wei was pretty much cold through out. I think the blurred affects were done to make Wei Wei seem passionate in the later kissing scenes. However, I never thought Wei Wei's actress did that great a job. She swooned well and did the embarrassed face stuff well. But it was often the same facial expressions over and over to convey things. Every once in a while I felt like she really fell into the role, but it never lasted long.

Er Xi's actress did a wonderful job and I loved the energy she brought. The other girls were great, but I felt like the males of Love O2O did the best. They interacted well together. I debated about giving the acting a 7 due to Wei Wei feeling really awkward at times, but I couldn't do it to everyone else.

Yang Yang gets a 10 for his skills in bringing Xiao Nai to life. Oh, my gosh. Some of his facial expressions slayed me. Especially when Wei Wei bit him . . . then the scene helping her dress for a wedding . . . and so many other bits!

The visuals for when the characters are the game characters were brilliant! They felt like a game and looked stunning. From the scenery to the wardrobes. There was an awkward instant where they used CGI to create a mall scene, but I bet they did it to lower costs on shutting the place down for the scene. Other than that Love O2O is a beautifully shot drama.

The music was fun and I liked how some of the sounds simulated old video game noises. While I'm not the biggest gamer I do know somethings. The music fit the drama well and had a fun light style to it. Nothing to brag about though.

This was fun and unique enough that in a couple of years I'm sure I will want to experience it all over again! Whimsical and lighthearted dramas are so hard to come by. How could I say know to smiling for 30 episodes?

Overall I think Love O2O is the perfect thing to chase away the K-drama blues. Or at least wash the stereotypes and drama tropes out of your mind. Also, a great place to introduce yourself to Chinese dramas. This isn't my first C-drama, but I've had great luck so far and Love O2O is only building my love more for them. There pacing is great and there's no dragging. Only a few slightly slower plot points such as the business world of gaming and competition against other business. (AKA a little corporate espionage drama.) Not enough to ruin it though. The cast of character are wonderful and it's not just about the romance of Wei Wie and Xiao Nai. Both the friendships of the girls and bros are wonderful and I loved that just as much as the official romance. Love O2O was a satisfying viewing experience and wrapped up nicely. It's a fun and unique time all around, and despite it all remained a very realistic drama.

Sandysan
Oct 28, 2017
OK im not gonna lie that the couple had no chemistry..  they were good together and both were eye candy.. they were cute at times but the things that bothered me were,
1.flawless and totally perfect male lead:
cmon the male lead is handsome, intelligent, smart, confident, determined to succeed both in personal as well as in professional life.. he is said to be a great swimmer, he is a great basketball player, good at sports, he is very famous, he has all girls swooning for him, he is said to be good in developing  games, also said be great in academics and what not.. i could add more.. he is made as a PERFECT MAN .. he is rich... and as a boyfriend he is like.. he cares for the girl.. asks her to have tablet if she gets cold( like seriously), pursues her online and offline, waits for marriage to have sex( since she is not ready) and more..
SO AS A WHOLE HE IS THUS DESCRIBED AS A FLAWLESS, TOTALLY FLAWLESS CHARACTER WHICH IS UNREALISTIC.. HE WAS A DREAM LIKE MAIN LEAD..
adding on to that the main guy always has an expressionless face tho he smiles at times.. he just keeps his face stoic no matter what..

2. unrealistic relation between main couple- yes they did have chemistry but were boring at times.. the main couple never have arguments and the main guy never ever gets angry at all..that is another reason i say he is unrealistic..
 maybe he gets angry with his friend but to the girl he never gets angry.. if she asks him to clean the kitchen he does. at least the female shows some expressions towards the main guy like cheerfulness , annoyed expression etc but his expression is always same.. he either smiles, answers her question or kisses her .. he is mostly silent and reserved ..about the kiss scenes- the main girl remains stoic without any movement.PHEW

3.DRAGGING STORILINE WITH REPITITIVE AND PREDICTABLE SCENES-
 After like 10 episodes they have just stretched the story without any plot developments..  it was dragged with predictable and repetitive scenes..

looking at the characters,
Xiao Nai -As i had already mentioned the main guy had no expressions but was hot..
Bei Weiwei -the main girl was beautiful , smart and intelligent but she too seemed too perfect for me  as a character..tho she was not as perfect as the main guy, she also never makes mistakes..
Zhao Erxi - she was the cheerful best friend of the main girl.. She was cute and develops interest in cao guang.
Cao Guang-he was annoying a loooot.. he already knew that weiwei was not interested in him.. still he pursues her to the very end of using zhao erxi.. he even misunderstood that the it was weiwei who was playing with him the online game and as a whole he irritated me.
the other characters - the main guy's friends very really good..they were humorous and interesting

OVERALL STORY-THE OVERALL STORY IS JUST THIS- AN OVERLY PERFECT MAN AND A PERFECT WOMAN( SHE WAS PERFECT BUT SHE WAS NOT THAT PERFECT AS THE MAIN GUY) FALL IN LOVE.. THEY LEAD A PERFECT LOVE LIFE WITHOUT  ANY MISUNDERSTANDINGS.. THEY HAVE NO ARGUMENTS AT ALL AND ARE PERFECTLY FINE WITH EACH OTHER..
Many ppl like this drama.. may be because of their chemistry.. i didnt like it that much but it was not bad either.. i have seen worst shows..so it was good, cheesy and it is recommended for ppl who like clitches.

xXabsintheXx
Jan 30, 2017
What a hard time rating this. I had to compare it to Boss & Me and... Love O2O is in no way inferior to B&M. Both of them have their flaws and slow pace, so I think 7.5 is a good rating for them. This is based on a webtoon/novel as far as I've heard. And after watching this, I can imagine the webtoon being the exact same way. The drama follows that basic romance concept many shoujo-mangas have. From beginning to end. So, it was quite easy to guess how the story would unfold and also end. It only varies in their executed subtleties. As for the pace... Like I already mentioned in earlier posts, it's very slow. Though the beginning was more interesting and thrilling in a certain way, the second half becomes very weak. It was an up and down as repetitive trouble for our leads kept appearing, and not all of them could hold my excitement. Romance part is clear and straightforward. Regarding its execution... It has its sweet times, that even make you blush sometimes but it also had some problems with showing passion in... certain moments. I enjoyed some of the characters alot although they were quite stereotype. The one I grew fond of the most was the male lead. He will linger in my memory a very long time.

bojinator
Sep 9, 2016
As a gamer myself, I was in love with this. If you don't do non slaughter-only games, you know that you meet people through these games, and sometimes become irl friends! The plot was fairly interesting, I love how the characters''personalities and morals etc. really fleshed out into the story! It made you have a cushion of guessing, but within that cushion, you'd be at the will of the characters, as they were true to themselves, and not so predictable. I love how it was a happy ending for everyone–everyone has the ability to turn themselves around.

Cast:
Yang Yang: I've only seen him in Whirlwind Girl and this series, but am amazed at the emotions he expresses. In comparison, I'd put him on a high pedestal, similar to Kim Soo Hyun, but I'd have to see more works to decide if he has the versatility. Within this drama, 10/10, the way he moves, speaks, and gazes channels Xiao Nai. You don't see Yang Yang. (Yang Yang irl: an expressive lovely man)

Zheng Shuang: I feel that she did quite a good job, but I don't know if she was dubbing herself, or dubbed by someone else, but her dubbing subtracted a little from me believing she was Bei Wei Wei. She pulled off her role well, but I feel there were some things missing. 7-8/10
Er Xi: She was that bouncy friend we all need. Er Xi all the way! I felt like her emotions expression could use a little more. 9/10

MUSIC:
The music was perfect. The opening song was perfect for the gaming theme. It's opening notes really resonate with me. The song that talked about romance (???????was just too enjoyable. I don't know if it was just in ep 29, but there was a song sang by a male singer, which was also very nice. If you can understand them, and have been in love, you'll enjoy them. They adjusted music volume reletively well! I remember in my video production class that I was the only one who ever controlled volume to a T, so it's always good to see that. Volume control either makes or wrecks–if not takes away from dramas, scenes, and movies.

Rewatch:
If I ever lose faith in the world again, this would be a great drama to rewatch. A must-watch for couples(?). (I wouldn't know (T v T)b)

Overall:
A prized jewel. Not so often that we get a romance-game drama.

\(o u o)/

DramaPrincessu
Jul 22, 2018
Biggest waste of time ever. I gave this drama a 3.0 and I’m still wondering if I rated it too highly. I know this is going to be an unpopular review and I’m sure many will disagree with me, but I could not go past giving my POV. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I voice mine in the hopes that someone might think twice before watching Love O2O or at least not have the high expectations that I had before watching it.

Now another reviewer expressed much of the drama’s problems quite accurately and I have to say that I’m glad I’m not the only one that felt its many shortcomings. Let’s start with the plot…

As someone who has previously played MMORPGs, I was excited to watch this one. And I actually enjoyed the first 1/3 of the series. But it must have been around the 11th episode or so where it all went downhill for me. One of the huge points that bugged me was that just because you marry someone in the game, you are automatically dating? Not in my book! (And as someone who has married my characters in an online game, this is ridiculous to assume). What would have been great to see was their interest in each other develop and grow over time. Otherwise it just looks like they are in love with each other’s characters. This was also around the time when the story shifted away from college life. As a huge fan of Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo and her college experiences, I was really disappointed that Love O2O completely moved away from that setting. While some parts of the story were an alright watch, others were downright boring, slow and lacked depth.

And before some of you jump up and down saying that it is based off a novel and they were just trying to stay true to it, I wish they had not. Many series divert from their original stories and this should have been one of them.

Acting/Cast (with a focus on the main two leads):
So our main female lead, Bei Wei Wei, seemed to be a strong female lead who stood up for herself, but was very quickly shown to be a dull, simpering girl who could never best her boyfriend in anything. I found her admiration for the male lead irksome, thought she was full of herself (not in an endearing way), and really was not all that likable. She did minimal things on her own and more often than not she needed her boyfriend to pick up the slack and come to the rescue. Though this may be popular in dramaland, I felt duped that she ended up being weak like so many other leads. The actress was also waaay too skinny, to the point of looking unhealthy, and was far from the beauty that the story depicted her as. Not that she was unattractive, but I was certainly expecting more. In fact, I thought her best friend, Er Xi, was prettier.

As for the other lead… Xiao Nai must be the most overrated male lead I have ever seen. The only thing that was alright was his appearance, and even then it wasn’t earth-shattering. He was stiff, incredibly boring and had NO personality. I mean, none. You could have placed a cardboard cut-out of him on the screen and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. And it was very irritating how he was good at EVERYTHING. And not in a cute I’m-good-at-lots-of-thing-but-I-still-have-flaws kind of way. In a perfect, inhuman kind of way. I could not relate to it nor could I enjoy it. One of the best parts of watching characters in a drama is to see them learn, grow, fall, and pick themselves back up again. I experienced none of this while watching Xiao Nai and even when the bad guys tried to fight back, they were easily overcome. Made things very anticlimactic.

Now put these two boring characters in a relationship together and you get one tiresome series. The boyfriend is always better at the girlfriend at everything they do and she just smiles like an idiot. He didn’t come across as this “sexy wolf” that they try to make him out to be, but rather forceful, arrogant and robotic. And their chemistry was really lacking, such as the number of awkward kiss scenes. I couldn’t wait when their screen time was interrupted by any of the boys at the office, or really any other character in the show.

So why keep watching it? Aside from not wanting to leave a drama unfinished when I had already seen so much, I really only wanted to see my OTP in the series, Hao Mei and KO. I was pleasantly surprised to find a BL pair in this drama (though we only get hints of it). Between their sweet interactions, sulky behaviour, and protective moments, I was completely hooked. My only complaint was that they didn’t get enough airtime.

There was maybe one song that I liked. They weren’t particularly memorable nor did I find myself rushing off to YouTube to listen to the OST.

Rewatch Value:
If it wasn’t obvious already, I would not watch this drama again or recommend it to anyone. If I could give this section a zero, I would.

So even if you decide to watch it don’t believe everything that others say about it. There are many flaws that should not be overlooked. Go into it with your eyes wide open. Or better yet, steer clear of it altogether. Really wish I had.

hima
Jan 8, 2018
This is my first chinese drama..I juz fell in love with this drama..I juz finished it within 3 days..this is one of the best drama..I just loved one fact about this drama that the protagonists does not fight over anything in the drama..there were many people trying to break their relationship but they trusted each other everytime and supported each other in every situation..if you are searching for a perfect drama I recommend this..this is one of the must watch drama..after watching this I just fell in love with chinese dramas
TyquonJackson
Apr 9, 2017
This show was not the first thing I watched. I found the movie by mistake and I fell in love with it that night. I watched it about 6 times before giving into Asian dramas. But then I found the show, it was really amazing going into more detail than the movie its self . But the show had a dramatic downfall after ep15, after the show didnt focus on the game that had help them get close together. that is what made me dislike it after 15, because the other episodes really didnt have any meaning after they have came together in my opinion. The movie was about the same way as well but I understand the movie had some mistakes and was moving to fast but thats what movies do. Now the cast, I feel that the original cast in the movie who where ( Jing Boran and Angela Baby ) had more of a connection than the people in the show. and I dislike asian dramas with actors with fake kissing like they are little kids. I feel in all the was the movie was the best of all compare to the show. The show did give some juicy details but the casting of the people in the movie was best to me.

taeklatte
Sep 6, 2016
Watch this drama if you want:
a light plot filled with sweetness & fluffiness
something cute
not much drama going on
a break from frustrating dramas
no love triangle between the 2 main characters
cute, rather lovable & funny side characters

______________________________________________________________________________

Story 9/10
In regards to story, there weren't much going on. Just what goes around the 2 main characters' lives and how they met one another. I gave a 9 because even though there wasn't much plot, this type of story is still satisfying to me as a viewer and also as a reader of the novel. I reread the novel numerous times and is still not sick of it. Sometimes simplicity is what you need in a drama.

Acting/Cast 9/10
100/10 for Yang Yang's Xiao Nai. He clearly embodied Xiao Nai and took the fictional character Xiao Nai and turn him into life.
As someone that read the novel, Zheng Shuang's Wei Wei isn't really what I had 100% in mind for Wei Wei. In the novel, Wei Wei is described to having some curves but Zheng Shuang doesn't have those curves and furthermore while watching the drama, there were so many times where I was like she's so skinny. But ZS's Wei Wei does fit my image of Wei Wei at least 75~80%.

Music 8.5/10
I felt there weren't many OST for this drama or even variety. If I wasn't watching this drama, some of the OST wouldn't be too attractive to me. There are OST that stands out regardless of the drama and to me, I don't feel like the OST of Loveo2o is something like that. In terms of lyrics, the opening song really fits the drama. The new OST in ep 29/30 really made me rather emotional while listening to that and reading the meaning to the lyrics.

Rewatch Value 9/10
I watched both the raw and the subbed when they come out. I'm also rewatching the subbed with a friend. In terms of rewatching, I don't think I'll get tired of the sweetness in this drama. I don't think I'll ever get tired of Xiao Nai's 3 friends (Hou Zi, Yu Ban Shan and Hao Mei) as well as Wei Wei and Xiao Nai's interactions.

Overall 9/10 :)
______________________________________________________________________________

*Warning: contains some spoilers*

Likes:
I really like the fluffiness this drama gave me. Whenever I see Hou Zi, Yu Ban Shan and Hao Mei joking around, it makes me really happy. I'm going to miss them. Going to miss Wei Wei and Xiao Nai's sweet interactions as well as them joking around with one another and Xiao Nai's sharp tongue lol. I'm also going to miss Xiao Nai, who wouldn't.
What I found the most interesting is that the games they play is an actual game and they used the drama to advertise the game.

Dislike:
I felt some parts of the company aspect is rather not too interesting. As a business major, when Xiao Nai was doing a presentation but blocks the screen . . . In terms of some of the business presentations clips/snippets we get, I felt like they weren't too convincing as a viewer. Most boring part in the drama for me was Zheng Shui's interaction with his dad.

Some stuffs I wished they could of had added
I wish we get more of Hao Mei and KO compare to Cao Guang and Er Xi but of course censorship :(
I wish we got to see NiNi (Thunderess Nini) ask Wei Wei if she can tell other people in the Guild that Yi Xiao Nai He is her actual boyfriend in real life and stub Rain Clan again.
I wish Feng Teng wasn't a discounted Feng Teng and we get to see Xiao Nai vs Feng Teng but might be awkward b/c of Zhang Han and Zheng Shuang's relationship.

Simona_03
Oct 7, 2016
I just love this drama!

it really capture the pure romance, the way the characters act are also so cool, compared to the other drams I watched. When I started watching it, I just couldn't stop. Everyday, when I get home, I just open my computer and start watching it.

The main characters were amazing. The guy was intelligent, cool, good at sports and also at computer. The girl was smart, kind, beautiful and good at playing games at the computer. They were such a good couple!!! The 3 friends of the main characters, the guy, were so hilarious and humorous, they made me laugh so hard. (ps. maybe its just me who thinks they are funny cause they were of speaking or jokes, i'm half chinese so... maybe its just me)

The plot was really amazing.

REALLY GOOD DRAMA, I RECOMMEND IT!!!

Its a pity that it didn't showed us their marriage.
But great story!!!

AnuRemi
May 5, 2018
Super....... i will recommend to anybody who are looking for a full romantic package without any problems.. very good drama... both main leads were very faithful to eachother.... any either relationship is very unique... 1 st few episodes maybe feel boring but once the main lead were together awesome in screen.... mainly there is no love rival.... no breakup no fighting no quarrel.... they understand each other.... mainly they open to each other no secrets .... soo its pur love story between bei wei wei nd xia nai......
friendship show in drama was good... it really shown well... but thay only focuse on main lead.. i feel some bromance going in between hoa mei nd ko.. anyway they won't give much information in that area...

I few words it awesome..great performance...great casting... its simply superb ????????????????

rin
Nov 11, 2017
one of those dramas that started out so good but gets really boring in the mid.  the story was kinda refreshing for me.  gaming world to the real world.  i have seen many high-school /University dramas, but i thought this was different.  it was fun at first,but got too draggy and boring.
yang yang as a perfect guy, of course he looks like heaven, not that i have seen heaven but everyone assumes it's beautiful so was yang yang.  and even zheng shuang is very pretty. but other than being gorgeous they did nothing for me.  they were lovely couple,  chemistry wasn't convincing though.  the first ten episodes i enjoyed and then for me,  it was going downhill

cnguyen1031
Jan 3, 2018
One of my favorite dramas to watch (I've seen it at least 3-4 times now), even though it might not be the BEST drama ever made (Nirvana in Fire, rightly earns a place as best drama ever),

STORY:
The story honestly is fairly simple. There's no crazy twists and turns. Not a ton of plotting and backstabbing, etc. It really just is a very simple and beautiful telling of two people falling in love and growing together.
 The super fun twists that I think most people enjoyed were the great transitions between real life and the gaming world. Definitely something refreshingly new that gave you the best of a modern drama with sprinklings of wu xia.
I really appreciated that even though there were other people who had feelings for the main leads, you never really got the feeling that something could come in the way of the two leads. They just had a pure relationship that was based on similar interests and general good chemistry - not because they were forced together by circumstances or one of them was love lost and then they found each other.
They both honestly enjoyed each other's company and felt very natural with one another. It's really not something you get all the time.
Very well paced out and never felt rushed or lagging at any part.

ACTING:
Yang Yang - Xiao Nai - Wow. What a great performance. Yes, his name was already ringing in circles after Dream of Red Mansions, Lost Tomb, etc. But I would definitely say this drama catapulted him into stardom. Xiao Kai had the tropes of a standard male lead - well off, smart, super popular, beautiful, somewhat introverted - but Yang Yang definitely did a fabulous job making Xiao Nai break past the standard topes and bring about those cute swooning moments that girls (who were really the target audience) love to see in dramas. Every interaction was playful but serious. The kiss scenes and other romance scenes were really mostly due to him.
Zheng Shuang - Bei Wei Wei - While she did a decent job in her role - very smart and hardworking, but still shy and cutesy at times - she was definitely overshadowed by Yang Yang in this drama. Most dramas I watch, I almost always feel like the female lead overshadows the male leads (especially when the story is more revolved around the girl), but Yang Yang was definitely the one driving this performance. The romance scenes, Zheng Shuang was like a wooden board at times (which many other people have critiqued). Being new to a relationship is understandable, but even further into their relationship, it was Yang Yang doing 75% of the work. She's been a very popular actress lately, but I honestly don't really think she's all that great. She does cutesy very well, but I don't feel like she's broken past that yet.
Xiao Nai's Friends - Great chemistry between them all. I think they all did a great job with their respective characters. Hou Zi was the flattest character of the three, for me, but wasn't bad by any standard. Yu Ban Shan and Hao Mei did great jobs showing off their characters' personalities and the loyalty they had to Xiao Nai and each other.
Wei Wei's Friends - Only Mao Xiao Tong (Zhao Er Xi) really had enough screen time to be a developed character, so she gets props for portraying Er Xi's happy go lucky character so well. The other two were good in terms of being the friends, but definitely didn't get a chance to show off much of their acting skills.

REWATCH VALUE:
I've already rewatched it a bunch of times, so obviously worth a rewatch. Even though you know the whole story, it's still cute and romantic enough to be a good rebound after a super lengthy period drama or a very serious and dramatic show. It doesn't really get boring for me because even though it's not something you have to pay a ton of attention to to understand, it's not really a brainless show that you just play in the background either.