Love O2O

jhanvi10810
Oct 7, 2018
i am thinking of writing a short story whis is similar to this drama and after seeing a video suggestion on facebook i completed this series.i loved it i am satisfied there is someother whose thoughts are similar to me.i loved whole series
yang yang and Zheng shuang pair became my favourite and i want to see them as a real life pair too.The supporting roles also very good.I think it is the best drama i seen.I saw some other dramas also those are good but not like this.the matured love between yang yang and zheng shuang are made me see all episode.what i reallly like inthis whole series there is no misunderstandings between main characters.the dialouge i really liked is "why wouldn't I trust my girlfriend"when cao guang asked xiao nai about wei wei.

Ace
Feb 10, 2019
Let's start with the good -- the cast. Everyone in this drama is just drop-dead gorgeous, even the bad guys or side characters are well above the average attractiveness, which makes it very pleasing to the eye to watch.

Secondly, the soundtracks are pretty on-point. The opening especially, has a very iconic sound - it fits well with the drama's concept and I actually ended up adding it to my playlist.

Lastly, the concept - romance and video games isn't exactly the classic pairing but this drama made it work - and it was actually very refreshing and adapts very well with the modern era. This drama is very sweet and endearing - very good at showing the innocent sides of a perfect romance story. Unfortunately, that's also where the problem lies -- it's TOO PERFECT.

For pretty much the entirety of the plot, there is almost no real conflict. Boy and girl falls in love and then you get 20+ episodes of nothing but romance. There are some characters who tries to get in the way but it felt like they were merely pebbles in a large plot of land. The character that Yang Yang (male lead) plays is unrealistically too perfect. But despise this major flaw, it somehow was entertaining enough for me to finish it.

If you enjoy light, white vanilla romance, this drama is for you. Plus, pretty sure 90% of you came with Yang Yang anyways.

PastelRose
Aug 26, 2017
Overall: 9.75

Story: 10
The story was one of my favorites. For many reasons, but the number one reason was that it didn’t rely on traditional cliches. The two leads never got into a huge argument, they never broke up, then got back together, they were just two people who went well together and dated. I feel like if they did go the traditional route, of breaking up and getting back together or having misunderstandings there would be many plot holes in this drama just because of how the characters are actually described and portrayed. One reason this wouldn’t have worked and would have gone against the characters is that, both leads like to know all the facts before they jump to conclusions and makes decisions.
The other big story plot that I liked in this piece was that whenever someone tried to say she wasn’t good enough or she got there on her looks she would just nod, than prove them wrong silently with a quick attack, yet she was still portrayed with feminine qualities. (This of course is my own Opinion and others may differ).
Another thing that story had was the slow build up that actually worked and showed how trust was built between characters, that that trust isn’t actually easily broken, unless communication doesn’t happen. There are some things about the relationship that slightly bothered me, but the story plot showed a open and honest relationship between two people that was built over a length of time.
On a last note on the story, if you have read the novel, it sticks to the script of the original piece (the novel) perfectly. This was a good interpretation of the already good original piece. I fully enjoyed the ride and wasn’t disappointed in the least.

Acting/Casting: 10
I know some people had some issues with the casting of the female lead, and I understand why, but for me, her acting was phenomenal as the role. I have watched both the movie and the Show as well as read an English translation of the novel, and this actress was more close to the original text than Angela baby was. Yes I thought Angela Baby didn’t a great job, but I’m not a huge fan of the movie.
Now that has been said, I think the casting for this film was done to a perfect ‘T’. The male lead, Yang Yang, was mysterious and handsome and played the little innuendos perfectly. The female lead, as said before worked the best with him, and in my opinion I thought their chemistry was what really sold me on the acting.
The supporting characters such as Er Xi and Cao Cuong, I wasn’t the biggest fan of in the beginning, but I slowly warmed up to them. Although it did take me re-watching the show to actually like Er Xi’s character in the slightest and this time around I could understand better why she was angry. The complexity of human emotions of getting your heart hurt by everyone only to find out they were hurting her, because of your best friend was really well done. I appreciated the acting more on this note the second time around.
The ‘villains’ were perfect and I liked how the weren’t actually labeled just bad guys that they all were redeemed in some sort of way except for the few who weren’t supposed to be.
To end on a good note, I fell in loved with most of the characters and the ones I didn’t (excluding two) I felt some form of Empathy for that made me enjoy the show even more.

Music: 9.5
I thought the music for this drama was one of the best for teen drama. It was very well placed, the instrumental background music helped established the mood of each scene, the heartache scenes, as well as help build the tension. Even sad mood scenes, instrumental wise that are usually are reserved for the leads or protagonists were also used for the ‘villains’ in the story during their sad moments. It helped expand the characterization of each, even though sometimes characters appeared to be two dimensional.

Rewatch Value: 9.0
I gave the rewatch value a 9.0 because this is one of those dramas that people will love to rewatch if they enjoyed the first watch. Its one of those that when you are tired of other dramas, you want something fresh again, I would come back to this. But I do understand that’s it's not everyone's cup of tea, the leads don’t fight, the drama is slightly mediocre and it's mostly just watching of a build of a relationship that relies heavily on chemistry between actors. So I would highly recommend this for a rewatch value and to keep on your list of dramas to watch on a saturday or sunday afternoon, with the knowledge that not everyone likes Fluffy things.

Cambear
Nov 26, 2018
If you're looking for a romance that isn't filled with endless misunderstandings to provide conflict, you might want to pick up this series. The pretty girl isn't a shrill schemer and the bad guys aren't twirling mustaches. It's refreshing NOT to have the typical bad guys. The romance is fun and there's chemistry among all the friends.

The series starts off strong with the game play and reality stories mixing things up. After a while, the focus shifts more towards the real world and some of the fun and novelty wear off. The characters prize looks waaaaaaayyyyyy too much and the secondary love story was completely not interesting once the girl turned overly cutesy and obnoxious.

So very strong start, but things sputter a bit later on. Thankfully it stays away from some tropes which redeems back some stars.

Siciliangarlic
Love O2O is an easy series to watch. That may sound strange to hear, but I have watched it three or more times and loved it everytime. If you are looking for a college drama that portrays the social dynamics at University you will enjoy this fun take on School Life. There are many character interactions that are appropriately set in the campus lifeleavin you looking forward to the next interaction. From online gaming and athletic arenas to classroom settings and office meetings you can enjoy the struggles of becoming an adult. I enjoyed he costumes and the characters. Bei Weiwei was wonderfully portrayed as having kind heart with a sweet disposition. Xiao Nai won my heart from the very beginning. The chemistry between these two characters throughout the entire series are what drives the show forward and strengthens the other characters that are intertwined in their love story. Xiao Nai’s interactions with all the other characters leave him more loveable the further it goes. The music from the series is very catchy reignititing my desire to watch the series again and again.

Enjoy!

tteokbokki
Jun 12, 2018
The movie was cute, and they managed to stretch 1:40 min of it into 30 epi drama. Awesome. No worst if not little sillier than movie with unrealistically perfect couple getting together and having a happy relationship through RPG. Computer game has become social media for college kids... It's like watching all nerds & geeks fantasy to trade faces with jocks & cheerleaders. Got to see familiar faces from the movie playing different characters; introduced to Ma Marry, fall for Zhang Vin, laugh at Bai White's portray of a loser (almost didn't recognized him from LOST MEMORY), stare at Yang Yang, but I wasn't a fan of the heroine.

Overall, the show was tacky, cheesy, cliche, ridiculous, silly that it was absolutely entertaining.

Becca256
Oct 23, 2018
I believe my love for this drama is completely biased by my own life experiences. It is so good at portraying and online community that it made me go back to my teenage years when I was really into the online community. Through different forums, such as MDL, I was able to make friends that have lasted for years, and this is something that the drama shows very beautifully and respectfully. It never ridicules the characters for playing this game so much, or for taking so seriously what happens inside it. For me this is the main selling point in this drama, but it also depends on the viewer's experience.

But having said that, let's get back to bussiness to discuss the rest of the drama.

The pacing of the story was very good. It gave itself the time to explore the virtual world and develop the characters there before focusing on their real lives. This choice shows that the drama places the same importance on both worlds. Another thing that I liked was that the story did not rely on over-the-top drama to continue its story. It was confident enough in the characters and the relationships they built to just let them flow instead of placing them in stupid misunderstandings. The main focus of the story was the characters and their relationships, not the other way around.

Characters:
Since the focus of the drama is the characters and not the story, they need to be well written to be able to pull it off. This is something that drama accomplishes in some cases but fails in other cases. My main complain in this department is definitely the development of the main female lead, Bei Wei Wei. She starts out as a very strong character with her own set of beliefs and dreams. She is also established as being very intelligent and good at playing videogames. However, as the story goes own, she completely loses agency in her story and her choices, and her life starts being all about the people she loves; she is also only praised for her beauty and her other traits are completely forgotten.
As for the male lead, Xiao Nai, he's a good character but he's also you're typical male lead. He is basically handsome, rich, successful, intelligent and good at everything. This is even brought up at some time in the drama and the only defect they come up with is that he can't cook, which is not a character flaw. This also makes him predictable, since we know he will always win.
The good thing is that they form a really good couple, and you can really see how they fit together. They are always incredibly supportive of each other, and have great communication. Neither of them are jealous and they trust their partner completely. The conflicts and dramas throughout the whole story are never between them, but something external that they need to face together, which was really refreshing in a sea of drama clichés about love triangles, secret deceases and stupid sacrifices.
This drama also has a great bench of supporting characters. The characters in the game, Xiao Nai's friends and Bei Wei Wei were a great addition. The standouts for me definitely were Old Yu and Er Xi. They are such great and funny characters and they stole every scene that they were in. I also liked the development of the relationship between KO and Hao Mei, even if it is never explicit.

Acting
I really liked the acting in this, it was really well-lived and natural. The chemistry between the leads was very good and also between all different friends. None of the performances stuck out in a bad way, even if some of the mwere slightly exaggerated for comic relief.

Overall thoughts
I really enjoyed this drama a lot, and never found it boring. Even though it lacks the usual conflicts and dramas, it never stops showing this characters relating to each other, and that's fascinating in itself. I recommend it if you have ever been part of an online community, or if you are in the mood for something fluffy and cute.

Reed Wei
Jan 12, 2018
This was the first time I watched a Chinese drama (Watched it during my semester exams within a day - :) ). Awesome cast, beautiful songs, and very cute love story. Totally in love with the lead casts. I guess I have watched this drama for over a 100 times now (LOL). Surprising, yet true. Kudos to the team!!

There's more to write but I can only say that they all did a very good job. Although there were scenes where there were minor flaws (like same dresses in different scenes and episodes), they can be overlooked. Overall, it is my favorite drama of all time. :)

jaleesamonet
Jan 13, 2019
Love 020 is a great show to watch to help you wind down at the end of a crazy day. The show had a great pace with amazing characters and featured a great gaming concept which was a fresh idea. I'll admit the storyline was a little cliche the lead actors/ actresses were a little... too perfect however the supporting cast Erxie & Mr. Girly they call him were perfect and made the show enjoyable I loved they're storylines and wished the show would've built on them more. I was a little thrown off by the ending It did end with some resolve but in a way, it left me wanting more they storyline could've continued for at least 1-2 more episodes to clear up a few more loose ends but overall great show!

chainsmoke
Jan 3, 2019
This drama was actually recommended to me by a friend because she used to be a huge fan of Yang Yang so I decided to give it a go. The story is different and unique compared to other dramas that often follow a certain formula (boy meets girl, boy is rich, they don’t get along at first then fall in love but boy’s family is the cockblock etc). It was nice that there was no hateful mum and all that usual jazz.

Yang Yang’s acting was quite robotic and it was a bit boring to watch at times because he is actually so funny and full of emotion but he’s been reduced to a guy who mainly says “mm” or grunts as a response when people ask him questions. Perhaps that’s how his character is, y’know that mysterious and handsome guy who manages to make girls swoon without doing anything but I’m sure he’d still be able to manage a proper response rather than just a grunt. What I did like about his character was how determined and loyal he was even when people were trashing Weiwei. Another major plus was that the boy can kiss! Had no problems with his acting there.

As for Weiwei, I couldn’t stand her. She was a really interesting character initially and was presented as an intelligent woman who could take care of herself but as the drama progressed, she became so damn useless and boring. She is supposedly the department belle because she’s got the looks and the brains but towards the final arc of the drama, she did nothing to help and became the maid basically. What on earth happened there? They made her fall into that stereotypical role of a woman that is there to clean and provide food and run errands while the men solved the problem. Also, what is up with Zheng Shuang’s acting?? She can only manage the same repetitive expressions and during their kiss scenes, I have never deflated so quickly before. He’s great but she stands there like a wall. Lips not moving and I’m quite sure she actually frowned or had a look of horror during their first kiss. I dunno why the director didn’t tell her to step it up because he was basically team carry out of the two of them. Honestly, Dilreba would’ve suited the role way better.

Supporting cast was great though! Xiaonai’s roommates were hilarious, especially Banshan. Would’ve liked to see a bit more development between Haomei and KO because they brought that up and then that was it. Yiran might as well have been written out of the drama because she did absolutely nothing and I have never seen a character as annoying as Erxi. Couldn’t stand the chick because all she knew how to do was yell, act like a dumbass and was such a glutton.

Overall, the drama was ok. Not sure if I’d rewatch it because it frustrated me towards the end and Weiwei became useless.

riricielle
Mar 14, 2018
This is the FIRST (yup, as in 1st) Chinese Drama I ever watched! and I guess it was just right!
I've been watching this drama endlessly on REPEAT. Thanks to Yang Yang

CAST: Every role fits the actor. I like the fact that there are no same characters for each roles (they are all unique)
Each actor brings out the best of each character. It feels like they don't even need to act.
I also would like to THANK Yang Yang for doing a great job! All thanks to him that I've been watchign this drama on REPEAT

STORY: The story is VERY light. I like the fact that it is straight to the point with not much of a drama.
It's like all you have to do is watch and enjoy. The side love stories were also cute!
All you really have to do is giggle and enjoy every episode.

MUSIC: Their songs are also commendable! I like the fact that Yang Yang sang one of the main OST.
Plus, the other characters did a cover of the other OST which is by the way amazing!

New2KoreanD2021
Jan 23, 2019
Romance + Video Game concept...what could go wrong? The answer...NOTHING!

I actually just finished watching this drama for the 2nd time and I loved it as much as I did the first time I watched it.

STORY: I am a lover of video games so to have an entire drama with this as a part of its story...I’m all for it. The romance definitely is the reason why people watch this drama but the video game theme doesn’t hurt. It is like this drama is telling 2 different stories. One story within the game and 1 story in reality which keeps it interesting. The video game scenes are beautifully done. I also like that the male and female lead both have brains and beauty because it doesn’t fall within the usual tropes of a lot of Asian dramas where the female is portrayed as a damsel in distress. One downside is that I feel like the same characters who create the initial conflicts for the main couple because redundant by the end of the story because coming from a viewers perspective by the middle or near end of the drama, the main couple has no reason to break up or have conflict so for these “rival” characters to butt in again and again was a little annoying but I remembered that from the first time I watched it as well.

ACTING: I have to say the actor playing the male lead carried this drama. I didn’t like or dislike the female lead but I definitely preferred the male lead which was the same when I first saw this drama. If it wasn’t for the male lead and the supporting cast, I probably would have dropped this drama the first time I watched this drama...this drama is the reason why I like Yang Yang so much.

MUSIC: I like the main theme that played when the main couple were together. It gets into your head FOR SURE!

REWATCH VALUE: Since this was my second time watching this drama...I would say it has a HUGE REWATCH VALUE FOR ME! It is just an easy and sweet drama to put on during a rainy day.

OVERALL: if you are looking for a light and romantic drama with good chemistry, an unique theme and great CGI...THIS DRAMA IS FOR YOU!