Love O2O

keloveveryone
Feb 3, 2018
Honestly, mine would be an unpopular opinion.

I saw the movie version first before this so I had some comparisons.

Firstly, Angelababy took her role as WeiWei very natural. It's like she owned it. ZS on the other hand doesn't feel right for the role. She's awkward to watch, tho she looked close to the age of Wei Wei, it's bothering to keep watching her. Often times, she is busy pouting all over the screen than to actually embodies Weiwei's natural charm. She is also awkward at kissing. Also, there's a big change in plots between the two versions, the Wei Wei and Xiao Nai in the movie gives off a real and natural feeling that they are indeed both hot bods and smart bods of their department/campus.

Secondly, I would prefer the movie's take on the gaming wardrobe of the characters especially of WW and XN. In the story, they are part of their server's leaderboard and are considered elite players. This descriptions can be easily distinguised by looking at their equipments and dresses unlike the drama version. I can say this coz I am a gamer too.

Thirdly, why I did not pretty much rave all over this drama is because the other supporting characters (especially KO-Mei couple and ErXi-CaoGuang couple) are more interesting to see on screen than the actual main leads.

Lastly, since the drama is longer than the movie, each episode seems dragging and boring to watch. If not because of the occassional gaming scenes, I would probably already dropped it. They are trying to slowly transition and progress in the story but sadly it is wasteful. The plot doesn't suggest a complex storyline nor rooms for intense twists. It is only a simple and straight flatline of story so getting it into a 30 episode is already a drag. (The main cast did not even help making it more comfy to watch, except YangYang is undeniably very charming but that is just it)

Probably if Angelababy was casted as WeiWei in the drama version, everything would be good or there's a significant change and uplift in the overall feels of the drama.

KatiaSchwarz
May 22, 2017
This show proved to me that I can, in fact, handle long dramas. I was wary when I saw that it was 30 episodes long. 30 episodes to me immediately brings to mind never ending drama and angst, and that's not my cup of tea. But then I read the reviews, and they all agreed this is NOT what this show is about. They were right.

Love O2O may be 30 episodes long, but I felt like I was watching a drama half that length. It was so good that it made me confused every time an episode ended, because how could it end already? Did I really just watch 40 minutes of a show? Are you sure?

It has this ability to make you so lost in what you are watching that you fail to notice the passage of time, and I can't even explain to you what makes it so. It was just so... lovely! It's the type of shows that make you happy and full of love.

A lot of this is because of our main characters, Wei Wei and Xiao Nai. These two are the most level headed couple I have ever had the pleasure of following in a drama. They don’t let others confuse them or shake their trust in one another. They don’t waver or hesitate. They are straight forward and open with one another and absolutely sweet with each other. The way they look at each other, especially when they tease!

It was wonderful watching these two become more comfortable around each other, especially Xiao Nai who is a really great guy but he is rigid and cold at the beginning. Through his relationship with Wei Wei he becomes more openly teasing and relaxed and his smiles become far more frequent (and when he smiles he is drop dead gorgeous lol)

These two have two core groups of friends around them, and their interactions with their friends are so satisfying. It felt like watching real friends. In a sense, this was the most natural and authentic representation in this show, and I loved every single one of them.

Another unpredictably captivating element in this show was their online life in the game. It was fun to watch and interesting to note how the online world mimicked the real one in a lot of ways.

Now, the bad guys. I admit, I sometimes wanted to slug them in the face (I mean, there is a limit to how much you can impose your twisted views of pretty girls and Wei Wei in particular on her and slander her character, and based on some strange logic that game and real life are the same) but they weren’t evil by any stretch of the imagination. Just human. I loved that this show did not try to make them evil incarnate, just bratty, or misguided, or selfish. But yes, I did think some of those plotlines stretched too long. We would see a scene of them, and then two episode without them and repeat, and I always had this feeling of “wait, we’re still there? Really? It hadn’t been resolved yet?”

Now, for the girls like me who love kisses and look forward to them in every drama:

Kissing: 5/10
Xiao Nai knows how to kiss. Wei Wei is either being told to stand there like a frozen fish or is uncomfortable with kisses. It got better as the show moved along (she at least moved to smiling as they kissed and holding on to him), but it was a bit cringey most of the time and unfortunate because with him there was the potential of some EPIC kisses to be had.

Imaniakhizar
Feb 1, 2019
This is one of the first chinese dram that i have watched and its wast the beat choice to start with it.
The drama focusses over:
1.lead couple's cute and heart warmig romance.
2. Friendship.
3.university life
4. Gaming

Best thing about the drama:
1. Shows excelent mixture of gaming and real world
2. Light hearted with not much of the villains.
3. Actors are very pretty.
4. Best chemistry between the lead couple.
5. Mature male and female leads.
6.second leads are nice as well.

Comments:
1. Best drama to watch at the start
2. Stress relieving
3. Bestest option if you like the genre of romance and comedy

tinagao
Jan 4, 2019
YANG YANG
I have already watched this drama 5 whole times, from the beginning to the end, and still find it intriguing to watch it for the fourth and fifth and sixth time, I would definitely give this a 10 rating for "rewatch value." I love yang yang is so handsome and I love it he is the best actor and There is no other drama that has beaten this one yet, for me, so I absolutely LOVE this one! I might seem to be rating this drama really easy going, maybe in your guy's opinions, but trust me, I usually rate dramas pretty harshly, especially with their rewatch value, so this drama hits the spot for me!

Leonor Marcos
Jul 14, 2017
I loved this drama so much, it is probably my favorite chinese drama.

Story: The story was definitely a highlight in this drama. The fact that their love started in an online game was so sweet and different from the dramas I watched. It was pretty awesome that this drama focused in so many other points than the main couple. In fact we see so many details that are so important.

Acting/Cast: I actually prefer Zheng Shuang's Bei Wei Wei than Angelababy's Bei Wei Wei. Yes, the kiss in the movie was better and her body was more healthy but Zheng Shuang's acting is superior, like REALLY superior. Yang Yang...oh god he is so sexy. I loved Xiao Nai character, his love for Wei Wei is so sweet. It's funny the fact that he never dated and was new to relationships but he is probably the best boyfriend i saw on dramas. I usually watch dramas where the main character is a jerk. The kisses were a little bad but apart from that I loved it.

Music: I did not pay so much attention to the music but I would notice if it was not good.

Rewatch Value: I have already rewatch like 3 times, so I think that is a good sign.

Overall: You must see this AMAZING drama, you will not be disappointed.

SINBEAGLES
for real this drama was so good to watch but a little bit boring especially at the mid of drama. i skip when they into fantasy game life and just enjoy the story in world life. too much sweetness in this drama but it's TOO MUCH. i don't get it why this drama get high rate like seriously? both of lead have good visual but the acting look little bit awkward lol. if you read this review, i want to tell that skip to ep 10 if you don't want to get bored. ok that's all. overall this drama was so BORING
I AM
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks best drama I've ever watched.

Why:
It's not a complicated drama. It makes you smile almost evey time.
The story is exactly my style.
The cast is perfect.
The song was really fitting. It made you feel really excited.

The only thing that I don't really like is that they take the gaming VERY seriously. I'm not a passionate gamer so it depends on the person. But the gaming was one of the best things in the story really.
Pinocchio
Dec 11, 2017
Guys honestly even after like the hundredths time watching this it’s still amazing definitely a 10/10
Love how the main couple has so much trust in each other like yasss that’s how everyone should be lol they’re goals af even if it’s just a character
They’re both very smart and handle things well, there’s no dumb moments for the main couple
The music wasn’t the best didn’t bring out much emotions imo but it’s still good
There’s really no annoying or crazy character here or a third person/love triangle which is why I love it so so much
Literally there needs to be a season 2 with my yangshuang after their married life as a couple like I need to know if they’re going to have kids n how many things like that since I’m nosy af about my #1 otp

Jorcee
May 19, 2017
Honestly in my Top 5 Asian Dramas of All Time

There weren't a lot of angsty moments or miscommunications (of course it's a drama so there needs to be SOME, but not a lot thank God). It's honestly just a drama that you can just watch again and again - I find myself coming back to this drama no matter how many other shows I watch.

One thing that stood out for me was the friendships - the relationships between characters were done really well, and there was a lot of humour in the show. Lots of characters that were really sweet, cute or charismatic and made you love them ie. Bei Wei Wei (female lead) isn't some helpless girl - she's smart, funny, awesome at gaming and she has a great sense of humour. ALSO THERE IS AN EVENTUAL POSSIBLE BL COUPLE AND THEY'RE ADORABLE (just saying).

Seriously, watch this show! Each ep is 45 mins and they fly by! AND you can watch it on Youtube with Eng subs. It's also worth finding the English translation of the original books, because the author has written several short side stories that take place in the future, and give a sense of completion to their story that I don't think the series did.

generic_user00
Dec 30, 2018
Personally I really enjoyed this show. I like fluffy, mainly non dramatic shows. Slice of life is too mellow, but this was cute and interactive enough to keep me interested!

I read a few negative reviews and all I could think was; wow, these people really love drama. There wasn't much in the show, so they created some in the reviews! I had to laugh and make my own review.

Overall, this show was very predictable, with Mary-sue qualities, good-hearted "villians", and some great supporting cast (aside from the really annoying side girls who gossip a lot, but maybe I really didn't like them because they were shallow, honestly the only part I didn't like of the show) but the little interactions and very subtle or little actual acting was really refreshing! I've seen so many dramas where the acting is so dramatic and over the top I might as well watch an anime, it would flow better. This one had very soft and cute realistic acting! It helps that the mains are really easy on the eyes. I was addicted to the show, mainly because it included video games and a cute non-conflicting and healthy romance. I tire of the complicated, heart-wrenching typical stories out there nowadays. If they're comedy based instead, I usually find it too embarrassing or over the top. This one was a nice balance!

Honestly, overall I really liked this drama. It made me happy. For some it wasn't enough, and that's okay! But if you like fluffy, non-painful and happy stories I would definitely recommend this! If you're looking for painful, unpredictable, dramatic, or ridiculous reactions, this is not your pick. Hopefully you find what you're looking for, I certainly did!

venni
Sep 9, 2016
Love O2O is the perfect Chinese drama for anyone who wants to enjoy a no hassle, sweet romance, hot guys and just a tiny little bit of actual drama. On the other hand if you are looking for a complicated and thrilling storyline you might want to skip this one.

I'm not entirely sure if the story was great or if I was too busy looking at six packs to notice it was bad. What I am sure about is that the story is VERY simple and doesn't really offer you that much. That being said, this drama has a wonderfully relaxing mood throughout and should give you plenty of smiles and romance. Just don't expect a lot and you will be pleasantly surprised. Additional bonus goes to the writer for actually knowing something about MMORPGs and game development!

Acting/Cast:
The casting of the main characters is perfect. They are both beautiful and charismatic, yet they both portray people that have even more alluring qualities - intelligence and humour. As in all dramas, there are a few characters that aren't as good, but overall this drama will offer you all sorts of characters and most of them add to the experience positively.

The music does what it's supposed to - it creates the mood and doesn't subtract from the drama. I wish they had more songs to use though. Sometimes it feels repetitive.

Rewatch value:
I'm sure I will rewatch this when I'm a granny. Not for the exciting storyline, but for the romantic and sometimes even erotic moments ;)

Overall:
If you are feeling a bit blue and need some cheering up, this drama is perfect for you! I would say it's about 70% romance, 20% story development and 10% drama. Suitable for a moment when you are not looking for an epic revenge story or a multifaceted action melodrama. The only flaw of this drama is that it's fluffy and empty, but sometimes that's all you are looking for - no arguing, no pain - just some cheesy and cozy romance.

Hwa Young Min
Oct 2, 2016
This drama is not like every other drama. Why? Because it is not fast paced nor has it too much drama. For someone like me who used to binge watch dramas a long time, and then got sick of all the stuff, I would recommend it to everyone else who feels the same way. This drama is sweet and slow paced. And you like to watch it with passion and are not too much afraid of the drama.

Yang Yang does a superb work in his acting. And so does Zheng Shuang. We can see both of them have the chemistry and somehow are perfect for the roles.

Xiao Nai is kinda like the handsome, a bit stalkiative ;), clever and cold Student, you just yearn for!

Wei Wei is the sweet girl from next door who has a fire in her heart that can't be stopped by whatever is coming onto her.

You guys just gotta try this out! I recommend it so badly! Watched it two times already and have it as audio books to listen in the train (I have Chinese ancestry).