Part Time: The Series (2016) poster

• Ranked: #2000
  • Popularity: #2062

Silver_Sylphy
Dec 31, 2016
If you want a little realness then this is definitely the series for you!

From the opening scene you are drawn into the main protagonist's life and where he comes from. N' Ngern draws you in with the back story and total likability of his portrayal of Mong. The gritty realness of his moving from home and trying to make a new life is just simply portrayed perfectly.

As the story progresses you can't help but love the cast. As relationships develop the realness is felt. The daily struggles, the forged friendships, the problems balancing school and outside life, especially sleep! This is truly University life!

What's interesting is although Mong is the genesis he is not the only focus as the world expands. All the characters are given their fair share of development so you don't really feel boxed-in or linear. Kinda rare in dramas, especially with such a large cast.

The music score is more an upbeat, dreamy, and story-book-telling like. Adds quite an atmosphere to the series!

The directing is simply perfection! Camera angles, capturing faces, always on-point!

You don't feel like a spectator. You don't feel like you're intruding. You don't feel like you're spying. You don't feel like an outsider! You get to know the characters, their ambitions, their wants, their needs, their emotions! It just feels like you are there going through life with them!

All in all a wonderful drama that comes really close to mimicking true life as it could get! Thai television coming of age and really maturing in this genre!

iambulletproof
Mar 2, 2017
for someone (like me) who did part time while attending college, this gave me all the feels. the series is so close to reality #struggleisreal

my only issue with this series is too MANY characters. and each character has its own thing going own so sometimes its hard too keep up with their lives lol. when you are already invested/attached to a certain character then another episode will be spent for another story line, which is sometime frustrating since you cant follow the characters that you just wanted to see.

for the acting, i haven't seen a lot of thai dramas like this but to compare this to lovesick and make it right, the actors here are way way better.

gabriella
Jan 21, 2018
This series was absolutely amazing to watch. The characters were all very interesting and each episode just makes you want to find out more. The story itself carried meaning and was a great insight to what the life of a college kid may be like. The fact that there were a lot of characters but they were all very easy to follow is amazing in itself. I thought that it'd be difficult to keep up but the editors did a fantastic job keeping the audience entertained and intrigued. I found that with this series, there was not a boring episode. Usually, filler episodes are easy to pinpoint and brush off but it was less evident with this series, which I liked a lot. I enjoyed the finding out the relationships between the characters and how their lives didn't move at an extremely quick pace. Everything was planned and timed out nicely.

Surprisingly, the cast were all fantastic actors. I was expecting the odd one or two 'unable to expression emotions properly' characters, but they didn't come out! For that I am so thankful. The whole process of watching was a roller coaster of emotions and I'm genuinely a 100% satisfied watcher of the series.

Since I've watched it a lot later than the initial release, I don't know whether this series received the limelight it deserved but know that this series deserves so much love, the actors and actresses too!

The cinematography was great, the sound quality was practically 10/10 and the soundtrack was beautiful to listen to.

Overall, I think this series is definitely worth the watch. For me, it was superb. 10/10 ????

K3v1n
Apr 13, 2017
Surprising a very good series with mimic to reality of a college/ university student life, not only in Thailand, but I believe in other parts of the world.

Love the flow of the series and the storyline is well structured. As the story progress, viewers will able to form stronger bond with each of the main characters. I like the way of how each of the character was slowly mould. However, the series storyline can be improved if there is more episodes as it seem there are so many characters to develop. Even for few of the supporting roles, I would love to see further stories of them or as leading characters, e.g. Q, Om & Tee.

Wishing that there will be a new season 2 for this series. Highly recommended!

ninaachan
Oct 9, 2019
At first I didn't think I'd like it that much but I thought thath I just just start watching it and see how I end up. Now I finished it and I really got to say that it was one of the best Dramas I've watched so far. It's a good story and it's made realistic and relatable. I also love all the characters, you really get to know all their individual personalities quite fast.
There also is a bl couple in it, it's not 100% confirmed but when you've watched all the episodes you can probably already tell, that Ti and Hall belong together.

So if you are not sure if you should watch this one, I suggest you to give it a try and I'm pretty sure that you're going to like it^^

Xiewaz
Dec 6, 2018
This show is a mess. It's hard to understand who likes whom. But I liked it tho.
I specifically came for Hall and Ti 's relationship and I have to say I'm disappointed. And their ending scene wasn't clear at all. The ending overall was okay.
The things I hated: The rape, and abuse stuff. It was really bad. And the girl who got raped, Melon. She got over it quick. It was unreal for me. The second thing is, that Tong fell in love with Jin while helping him and his sister to get together.
Anyways..
Despite all the drama, cringe, and the ridiculously long, unnecessary scenes I enjoyed it so much. The actors/actresses were loveable and cute.

beatriz
Jun 27, 2018
( HEART )
^this means it's one of my absolute favorites

A little bit of background: I have to admit I started watching this because I saw a video on youtube about the best bl dramas and it mentioned two of the characters and I thought they were cute so I started watching it. I went into this drama knowing very little about the plot and also the culture, because this was the first Thai show I've ever watched. I ended up falling in love with every single character (uh... except maybe Melon) and I truly felt their struggles as if I was in their shoes. Thai language and culture is so beautiful; I can't wait to learn more about it (I'm literally going to buy a book about it- that's how much I loved it). This drama made me want to watch more Thai dramas so I'll start a new one today even though I've just finished this one.

The characters: As I've already said, I fell in love with the characters and the relationships between them. Specially the five main boys. Their friendship made me soft. I also loved the fact that the characters grew a lot throughout the episodes- they weren't perfect to begin with but they developed and matured, specially Jod, whose personality I wouldn't be able to handle in real life but who matured soooo much and made me proud. When *something* happened to *someone* (I DONT WANT TO SPOIL) you could clearly tell how close they had become. I just really love their friendship.
Ti and Hall did not disappoint me at all. Their friendship was a heathy one, because they helped each other out- Hall learned a lot from Ti (he became such an amazing friend, son and person in general) and Ti also learned to open up more thanks to Hall. I was disappointed at the end because their situation isn't clear but I'll talk more about that later.
Each character has their own opinions, personality, dreams and expectations. So even though there were quite a lot of things going on it wasn't that hard to follow the plot because it was all very different (I mean, the situations the characters were living).

The plot: I loved the whole idea of the drama: teenagers/new adults struggling to keep up with school and their part time jobs while bonding with others and growing up. I do think there were less necessary things in the plot that took too much screen time that could have been spent differently (I liked the scene where Jod's foster family visits him but two whole minutes of his foster mother singing him to sleep while the others watch is a /little/ too much. Some scenes just took too long. That "wasted time" could have been used to explore the characters even more because, since there were like 30 characters on the show, some things were rushed. I was surprised with how fast Melon got over what happened to her in one of the first 10 episodes (I dont want to include spoilers in this review but if you've watched it then you KNOW what I mean). And I know I'm being biased but more Ti & Hall moments wouldn't hurt a soul.
There are lots of characters so lots of things are going on at the same time but dont worry too much about it: as I've said, each one is dealing with their own problem and also each episode seems to focus more on one or two particular characters so it's not as overwhelming as it might seem.
One of my favorite episodes was the sea trip one. It warmed my heart (well... at least at first haha ^^'). It was just cute and fun and hfbdshrjfk. I really liked it.

Ending: I WILL BE TALKING A LITTLE ABOUT THE ENDING. I'LL TRY NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS BUT IF YOU HATE BEING 1% SPOILED THEN DON'T READ THIS PART ^^

Okay so: WHAT WAS THAT ENDING??? I liked Hall's friend too but I'd rather see him with Ti because long term friendships should stay as friendships 99% of the time, in my opinion. Some other storylines didn't have a clear ending either, for example, Jin, Tong and Nich's and also the three girls'. These are just the obvious examples- there are several other loose ends. This makes me hope for a second season hahaha. It isn't impossible, right? ... right? ): I dont think the drama was that popular so I doubt there will ever be a continuation. But oh well, the ending could be worse!

Conclusion: I loved it. I loved it so much. It made me discover a whole new world (A DAZZLING PLACE I NEVER KNEW- okay, it's time to stop) and it definitely taught me some important things. It contributed to my personal growth and isn't that enough to place it high on my favorites list?
ALSO I followed some of the actors on Instagram and stuff and I found out Hall/Kimmon and Tee are in a group??? Watch me stan.
Does anyone know if the actors were friends before the show? This is my first time watching a Thai drama so I have no idea of how it works. Did they promote it together? Are they good friends still? Has there ever been a reunion? Okay, I'm sorry, I'm a sensitive person. I like the friendships haha

Sorry about this review. I'm too overwhelmed to express myself cohesively. If you're considering watching it then do it! You won't regret it^^