The 100th Love With You

Jun 25, 2017
Stuck in time looping ...
Time travel is and will forever be a fantasy, physicists say. But fantasies can tell us more about human desires and dreams than discouraging facts.
This is what happens in "Kimi to 100 Kaime in Koi" the movie has no pseudoscience is totally without physical logic. The film expresses the common and eternally frustrated desire to turn back time as easily as restarting a clock, with a melodramatic script about to thrill.
In the same way the film has cinematic movements in height, its history faithfully reflects the unbearable truth that he (protagonist) must finally face, although he does not present this truth with much subtlety. And the types of literal mentality can disrupt the logical moments of the film's narrative, which is close to the "surreal" category but also clearly expresses the truth. Good movie!

ReikaBleu
Oct 11, 2017
This has a great plot, it's not something you haven't seen before but the way the story was told was just great. Painfully beautiful. I first used the term with A Beautiful Life (series) and this will just be the second time.
No matter how many times you go back in time to try to change things if it isn't meant to be that it will never be. Seems you really can't change what is bound to happen. You just have to accept the fact that whatever is meant to be will find its way eventually. Enjoy the moment and make the most put of it, keep those memories and make sure you tell those you love how much you love them.
Full review here: elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com

pekopoko
Sep 8, 2017
One of the best japanese movies I've watched and probably the best one I've watched from 2017, even though I don't really like miwa as an actress.
The story might seem a bit cliché, but I think it was carried out in a way that made it stand out from any other time-travel romance movie. It really hooks you in and my face flowed like a river of tears. It was just brilliant.

The acting was also pretty good, but I admit I might be biased since this had Sakaguchi Kentaro and Tanabe Seiichi.

The music was 10/10. Even though I don't really like miwa as an actress (but I guess she's also pretty new to it), I do admit is one hell of a singer. I was also surprised to hear Sakaguchi sing. There's really nothing to criticize about the song and, even though they're love songs like most other, they fit perfectly in the scenes they were inserted (they only made me cry more in the ending - just plain beautiful).

Rewatch value is low since I never rewatch anyhing.

Great movie! Recommend it to everyone!

TheVid
Mar 16, 2018
Not a perfect plot, but lovely nonetheless. Leaves you with a bittersweet feeling. The music was really good - not all the songs, but the background soundtracks were all well suited to each scene. Good enough that I'd buy the OST. My one complaint would be that the female lead's acting wasn't consistent and wasn't always natural, as opposed to the male lead. But perhaps, that's how the character was written. Overall, worth a watch. Wouldn't recommend watching it again as it might not convey the same feeling as the first time.
Andriette Erasmus
Mar 18, 2018
Film: By Andriette Erasmus Rating: ***** Released: 04/02/2017 Japan

The heart can sense the presence of time.

The painfully beautiful love of ‘The 100th love with you’ has all the right ingredients to leave you wanting more.

The 100th Love with you.
(Kimi to 100-kaime no koi) Directed by Shô Tsukikawa.

Riku Hasegawa (Kentaro Sakaguchi) is the time master, a tall, good-looking, effortlessly competent college student in this film who exemplifies perfection to Aoi Hinata (miwa), a classmate who has known him since childhood. The director Sho Tsukikawa created the perfect painfully beautiful love story in ‘The 100th Love with you’. It is the perfect chick-flick to get those emotions going and has all the right ingredients to make any girl fall in love with film.

Riku and Aoi are also bandmates preparing for a gig at a summer festival on July 31 2017- the band’s last since Aoi will soon leave for England to study abroad. Then another band member Naoya (Ryo Ryusei), who make a awkward confession of love in public to Aoi. But she has feelings for Riku, who has already put her in the ‘Friendzone’. Another secret love attraction is Rina (Erina Mano), Aoi’s honest best friend, who is secretly in love with Naoya. Just as the film is settling into a familiar romantic-drama groove, an accident happens after the performance, and Aoi finds herself back at the story’s beginning, a week earlier, as though it was just a dream. What happened? Riku lets her in on a secret: He can reverse time. His method: a mysterious record on a seemingly ordinary turntable.

This film really leaves you with a bittersweet feeling. My one complaint would be that the female lead's (Miwa) acting wasn't consistent and at time wasn’t the best actress, but maybe that’s how the director wanted her to play or how the character was written to be. As for the director of this film, Shô Tsukikawa, I have seen one of his other films and must say he is very good at capturing and creating those romantic moments and making us girls behind the screen want to be in that moment. He won and really deserved the Japan Academy Prize for Popularity Award - Most popular film for one of his other film works. I really hope he produces another teenage romance soon.

I would say liking this film is an understatement. I loved it! The share love between Riku and Aoi could be felt throughout the whole film. The best scene I would say which was really heartfelt was when Riku was writing in his notebook. ‘Try thing that’s never been done before’ at first I didn’t think much of this quote but later on in the film I released which made my heart not only break but left me in tears. I enjoyed every second of this film and give it 5 stars as it ticked all the boxes for me.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcjUHkzGQs

“Just enjoy this life” - Aoi Hinata
This quote really hits me hard and makes me release that what I am taking back from this story is that you only live once so live it to the fullest with who you love. I believe others would agree with me due to this amazing film. I recommend this film to all the hopeless romantics out there who are looking for another love story to put into their collection and teenage girls who are interested in Anime, drama’s and/or K-pop.

I believe you all can agree with me after seeing this film, it is beautiful. It makes you want to find ‘the one’ and never let go the way Riku tried too. It has all the right ingredients to make anyone fall in love with the story of Riku and Aoi, and the fantasy of being about to turn back time.

RATING ***** Andriette Erasmus

hardpliers
Jan 27, 2018
Time traveling? A story happening in Japan? I've heard of this somewhere before...

Actually, this story reminded me of that time I watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the Endless 8 episode cycle. Again, time traveling is nothing new or exciting to me. I really liked the fact that the directors decided not to loop the same scenes and show the same footage over and over again. Just like an anime, this was a beautiful summer romance story based in Japan at its most intriguing time - summer. However, the romance and the feelings between the main characters seemed very odd to me. I've been meaning to watch this movie for quite a long time since Kentaro Sakaguchi is in this, but I didn't enjoy his performance here. And the leads didn't have that strong of a chemistry. Since this is mainly a movie based on a musical story, I quite enjoyed the soundtrack and the live performances. Frankly, I don't know what to add. Probably that the story is lacking something more, a deeper meaning perhaps.

Anyway, it's a good movie. GOOD as in just regular, nothing too meaningful or unforgettable.

Dina Naibaho
Oct 20, 2017
I am so happy when i know kentaro will get main lead so i immediately watch it as soon as this movie eng sub out. But how disappointed i am when i saw how bad the actress act. Her acting was so uncomfortable and cringey that i even dropped this drama, my love for kentaro couldn't make me keep on watching this drama. It is not even a romantic comedy so bad acting is unforgivable for me.

Miwa would be in my black list.

As for the story, it is quite good. Nothing special really.

PotatoKawaii
Sep 8, 2017
Time travel and time looping have always been a fantasy to us but what this movie has done is it shows a beautiful yet sad side of this type of genre that can make us yearn about the past that we wish to change, let alone changing someone's fate.

I have not seen much time travelling movies but I believe this movie does not fall in the 'cliche type of movie' as this movie shows a 'realistic' side of the unrealistic/fantasy topic, highlighting that we must embrace the truth as some truths can be unbearable or hurtful.

As for the casts, I know many have been rooting for Sakaguchi Kentaro to take up a lead role and he definitely did not disappoint his fans (according to some fandom websites). For a novice like Miwa, it might be too heavy for her to take up a lead role but since the movie is focused (not heavily) on music, the casting director(s) made a neat job casting her as she is a wonderful singer, loved by all. Also, I could sense Sakaguchi Kentaro is very helpful in guiding her, perhaps the entire movie.

All the songs that are sung and played in this movie are absolutely heaven and I'd love to know all the song titles. It's almost like a musical especially the last song really stands out as it suits the scene, or even the entire story-lines. It really shows that the producers/directors thoroughly chose songs that strongly and similarly depict the story-lines of the movie.

Overall, I am very satisfied of the movie and recommend it :) [I did cry at the end because why, how can you not :) ]

sammy
Jul 29, 2018
Sabe aquela sensação de se deparar com algo quase ao acaso e, no caso de um filme, começar a ver bem despretensiosamente até se ver imerso na história e não querendo largá-la um só segundo? Foi mais ou menos assim que esse j-movie chegou na minha listinha de filmes por assistir até se tornar um verdadeiro favorito ao final, por uma série de fatores que me empolgaram e agradaram tanto que espero conseguir reunir as palavras certas para falar sobre à seguir.

Primeiramente, quem conhece meu amor pelos doramas e produções asiáticas, sabe que o que amo nessas histórias é o cuidado que eles muitas vezes tem ao abordar o romance na tela. Eu assumo que sou das antigas e, portanto, amo o enfoque no sentimento dos personagens, os gestos simples e meigos mas que transmitem igual amor e emoção pela telinha, como um beijo na bochecha ou na testa, mãos dadas, abraços por trás e afins, então por isso só o romance presente no filme me ganhou logo de cara! Junto ao clichê dos amigos de infância, acompanhamos breves cenas como a acima de Riku tocando violão e cantando para Aoi e vemos eventuais cenas em que o próprio usou da habilidade de voltar no tempo para surpreender a amiga e fazer coisas especiais em seus aniversários, então também parte de uma promessa de que ele fez à ela sobre comemorar cada data até seu centésimo ano.

Assim, mesmo por entre a faceta aparentemente distante de Riku nos primeiros minutos de filme contrastando com o jeito alegre e alto astral de Aoi, logo vemos eles se completando e sendo uma total harmonia, não apenas no âmbito musical - uma vez que, inclusive, ele a ajuda a compor as músicas da banda -, mas mais ainda numa explosão de companheirismo e respeito que muito me fez sorrir.

No entanto, a beleza do filme não para por aí porque nem só de romances se faz uma história - ainda mais uma com viagem no tempo no meio. Aliás, não é de hoje que gosto de histórias com esse pano de fundo e todo o questionamento de "e se pudéssemos voltar no tempo, o que mudaria?", então, junto ao romance, também paira entre o casal a questão sobre o dia 31 de Julho que logo voltará a chegar, e as coisas ficam ainda mais tensas quando em um desses vai e vem no tempo, o acidente acontece de fato e só é impedido de virar concreto pelo rapaz. Assim, dividido entre o romance e a fantasia, o filme também tem uma pegada intensa de drama sobre as incertezas do amanhã e que, quaisquer que seja o resultado, devemos aproveitar ao máximo o agora para que não restem arrependimentos mais tarde. É um pensamento aparentemente banal e que pode-se pensar que é algo automático e pronto, mas assistindo ao filme, mesmo que nele ganhe um sentido extra, a verdade é que é algo que continua a acontecer na realidade e que muitos acabam deixando passar por, ao só pensar no futuro, não lembrar de também dar atenção ao agora e principalmente a quem se ama, que também é uma das essências principais do amor como um todo.

E para fechar com chave de ouro, o filme ainda traz uma ótima carga musical e que, diferente do que eu pensava, não tem uma banda no contexto como mero detalhe, mas que, ao invés disso, realmente enche as cenas com músicas que não só falam o que os personagens sentem como, também, descreve a mensagem do filme praticamente de uma vez só. A começar pela música do início, com um toque animado e alegre, típico da protagonista, até se aproximar do final e trazer duas canções que me fizeram chorar como bebê e sorrir como criança ao mesmo tempo de tão lindas e cheias de significado dentro e fora da trama. A música abaixo é uma delas, chamada Aiokuri, e foi de longe a minha preferida no filme junto com a cena inteira por ser em plena apresentação do festival. É um conjunto tão lindo de cena, de momento que os personagens, cada um deles, está vivendo, e do amor ao redor do casal que é impossível ficar indiferente à cena.

Assim, faz-se um conjunto de fatores que culminaram num filme que, na minha humilde opinião, pode ser considerado uma obra de arte porque, mesmo com pouco, se diz e faz refletir sobre muito, e mesmo ao final do filme continuamos pensando sobre ele e sorrindo com os momentos lindos da trama, mesmo por entre o drama e as incertezas, mas, afinal, a vida é assim mesmo, não é? Então fiquem com essa recomendação de filme japonês que eu não esperava tanto, mas acabou sendo um muito e me conquistando demais. ??

exotic
Oct 24, 2017
I barely watch any japanese movies or dramas since I'm more of a kdrama person, but this movie stood out to me since the actors were great and the plot was interesting. Time looping and going back to time and facing the sadness behind the truth really made the drama beautiful in a realistic way. Get ready to  cry at the end :'( (sorry for spoilers!!) Overall I enjoyed this movie and I'm not sure if I am willing to rewatch it again since I already know what happens at the end but I certainly do recommend watching it.
ayume
Sep 3, 2017
Another time travel movie. I just have enough of those time travel themed movie and drama but this one is need a try. Let's put aside Kentaro despite I watch this one because of him.

Plot: (sorry I couldn't make a resume even I wanted to)
Interesting. Kinda different from other time travel movie. The absurdity of time travel themed movie is 'the way' / how they can go back in time. But what makes this movie interesting is how the characters solving their problem.
From the middle until the end of the movie, I was thinking that it wasn't Riku who saved Aoi from the accident but otherwise.

Acting:
It's kinda break my heart watching Kentaro Sakaguchi shed the tears :( Your acting has improved! Yeah, you know, he can convince me that he was truly sad, he tried desperately to turn back time again and again for 100 times (for real?) to spend more time with Aoi. To fall in love again and again with Aoi. (how sweet!)
As for Miwa, she's a novice when it comes to acting. Her singing skill save her from disaster hehe. Actually, Kentaro saves the day, I mean the entire movie :D As if he acts solely.
Aside from Miwa, the acting of the rest actors is good.

I must admit that this movie is created with good intention. :D The script is good and the cinematography is so good. Visually beautiful.
Only the promotional poster is so so -ordinary.

Worth to watch

Lisse
Jul 10, 2017
Já fazia algum tempo que não via um bom filme japonês e decidi apostar em Kimi to 100 Kaime No Koi simplesmente porque me senti atraida pela premissa de viagem no tempo.

Aoi junto com seus amigos Riku, Naoya, Rina e Tetsuta são parte de uma banda independente que tocam por prazer no meio tempo em que estudam na mesma faculdade. Eles estão se preparando para o festival de verão onde se apresentarão.

Só por aí já gostei muito, pois a capa não dá muitas informações se o enredo se passa numa escola ou não. Mas adorei ser um filme um pouco mais abrangente, dos protagonistas serem um pouco mais velhos e trazer temos como o que fazer da vida, intercâmbio e vida na universidade.

Logo nos primeiros minutos notamos romance não correspondido entre alguns desses amigos e uma pequena confusão se forma, levando ao ápice do incidente em que Aoi se envolve. No entanto, a jovem consegue acordar uma semana antes de tudo acontecer, a deixando bem transtornada.

E é a partir daí vemos que Riku esconde mais coisas do que imaginamos, e é uma grata surpresa. Estava muito apreensiva se essa parte da trama em voltar no tempo seria chata e maçante; mas não, muito pelo contrário. Satomi Oshima, que é o roteirista do filme, fez um ótimo trabalho . Mas também vale lembrar que Kimi to... é um live action baseado no mangá com mesmo nome escrito por Kumichi Yoshizuki com 3 volumes, então os créditos podem ser do autor do mangá.

Desse momento em que Aoi volta no tempo com ajuda do Riku há uma revelação de sentimentos muito embazadas no passado no casal e fica fácil de sentir que o romance esteve ali desde sempre. Então, Aoi e Riku decidem reviver o tempo como casal, e um amor muito bonito por sinal.

"Eu quero viver este momento com você. Vamos juntos por toda a vida."

Além disso, a produção cinematográfica merece muito elogios. Os locais escolhidos, a ótima fotografia, os closers. Acho tudo de muito bom gosto e passa um visual muito bonito para quem assiste. Além da trilha sonoro que é bem fofa, juvenil e romântica.

"O futuro sem você não tem significado para mim"

As duas últimas canções são muito bonitas, e transmite todos os sentimentos que a história inteira quis passar. Quero saber como os personagens não choraram porque eu simplesmente desabei. Lençol foi preciso! Além de mostrar as tradições da cultura asiática, como a comemoração de 100° dia para algumas coisas, seja relacionamento amoroso ou amizade, dando todo sentido ao título do filme. Posso amar mais por isso?