• Location: Philippines

ReikaBleu

Philippines
Blade of the Immortal
Nov 14, 2017
All the cast were great but of course (I am a Takuya Kimura fan through and through) Manji was the best. The fight scenes were fluid. It was bloody, very, but it was executed finely, I never had a look-away-it-is-gross moment. Miike did a great job of directing this, everything was just on point. And Takuya's voice was so manly, it was just how I imagine Manji would sound when I read the manga version. Takuya Kimura did an excellent job of portraying Manji, it is like he strips off his persona and wears this new person. You wouldn't even recognize him as his previous characters.

The over-all execution was really awesome, flawless, for me. The flow of the film from the black and white to the colored one was superb. I am not a big fan of bloody movies but I am glad I watched this. I am also very glad that they stuck to the manga as best as they can.

If there is one this I feel that is lacking, it is the musical scoring. I don't know if it was as intended but I felt like some scenes would have been more effective with a good background music.

Full review here: https://elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/blade-of-the-immortal/

The 100th Love With You
Oct 11, 2017
This has a great plot, it's not something you haven't seen before but the way the story was told was just great. Painfully beautiful. I first used the term with A Beautiful Life (series) and this will just be the second time.
No matter how many times you go back in time to try to change things if it isn't meant to be that it will never be. Seems you really can't change what is bound to happen. You just have to accept the fact that whatever is meant to be will find its way eventually. Enjoy the moment and make the most put of it, keep those memories and make sure you tell those you love how much you love them.
Full review here: elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com

BG: Personal Bodyguard
Apr 8, 2018
Let me start with this:
Wouldrecommend this drama?
My answer? HELL YEAH. DEFINITELY.

The story line is not perfect by any means but I am very happy with it as it is very close to reality. How the characters react to certain situations make it more realistic. I also like that there are action scenes, not much but enough for me, what made it even nicer is the fact that Takuya Kimura did not get any doubles for any of his scenes (of course I can be wrong).

Full review can be found here: https://elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com
Girls in the Dark
Jan 26, 2018
When I decided to watch this I had a very low expectation for it. But man, it was twists and turn until the very end. The plot was very good. Just when I though I figured out how it will end, something will happen that causes me to rethink things.

I liked it. For me, it was not something predictable and it was different.

You definitely should watch it. It may not be for everyone's taste though since the theme was dark.

I liked how the characters were played, very interesting.

I'm happy that I did not waste almost 2 hours of my life by watching this.

^_^

Kita Kita
Feb 22, 2018
If there's a movie that I would recommend to other Nationalities that I would not feel ashamed of, it is this movie.

Alessandra De Rossi and Empoy did a very good job with how they showed the emotions of their characters.

This movie will definitely make you cry, laugh and fall in love.

And Kz's version of Two Less Lonely People In the World was just awesome.

I rarely praise movies or TV series from my country Philippines,  this is definitely an exception.

If you want to watch something worth your time from the Philippines, this is the movie you should be watching.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Feb 21, 2018
First thing to notice is, was, the scenery. The cinematography was just awesome. I love how the colors makes the whole movie so anime-ish.

Second was the CG (computer graphics) used. It gave justice to how I imagined it would be. It may not be the best but it did the job for me. It was not half baked.

For me the characters portrayal was also on point. I was able to watch the anime and I felt that they tried their very best to stick to the soul of the anime. Until now I am astounded how they are able to make Al's character come alive. And the Nina chimera, it was heartbreaking but good. If you weren't touched, I don't know about you. I also liked how the villains are very close to how it was in the anime.

And just to clarify the WIG issue:
The hair is not a wig, it was an unruly hair extension.

Destined to be Yours
Feb 22, 2018
The story was good at first, very good actually. Then they decided to make it like how a usual Pinoy series would be like. They added a third party which really is not necessary. Actually 2 third parties. Talk about over kill.

I am a fan of the tandem, they're collectively called ALDUB, and they were supposed to be the leads of this series. But when the female third party was added it felt like she was the lead of the series. Imagine an episode where you do not see the leads interacting at all? Yeah, such happened a lot with this series.

So, am I disappointed as to how something really good turned out to be so bad? Hell yeah, super disappointed, hence the rating.

Akai Ito
Nov 6, 2017
Well, for starters I do not get the ending, AT ALL. And then I found out that there is a another version of this, a drama series, and that this is just like a summary of the series. I would PROBABLY watch the series just to see if it will be any different from the movie. Hopefully, it has a better ending.

Also, I felt like the actors are lacking something. A spark perhaps? I don’t feel that they are meant to be paired. It’s like the pairing was forced. No “kilig” factor or romantic excitement coming from them.

So, I’ve been telling you what I don’t like about it but there is actually one thing I like about this. And that is the fact that it is very realistic. The story is good, sad but good, and it’s something that you wouldn’t want to happen to you and your lover. It’s always a ‘so-near-yet-so-far” kind of ordeal. A “we’re-destined-but-we-can-never-be” kind of relationship. It’s very hard.

Love You 10000 Years
Sep 18, 2017
Ok, I honestly watched this just because of Vic. I love him, ok? Plus the story line intrigued me. How can a Japanese and a Taiwanese couple work out.

I really have a very low, low, like 2.5 (IMDB Rating) low expectation from this movie. But hey, it was actually ok. Not great but ok. It made me laugh every now and again.

I loved that Vic was laughing a lot here and showed his tender side. He's a great actor indeed. The Japanese girl, I have not seen her before. I don't have any other works where I can compare her acting. SO there.

I love the songs they used. I loved that I heard him sing again. Vic is a great singer as well.

It was worth a one time watch or if you really love Vic, you can go ahead and watch it again if you have nothing else to do.

Doctor X 4
Apr 14, 2017
I started watching this series because it reminds me of my favorite American MD, Dr. House. LOL. I came to love it as it is.

I love this season as they went deeper into Daimon's "relationships". I never though she'll love somebody this deep, aside from her love of Food, Surgery, and maybe Akira.

The ending will not surpass her being in the outer space, hahaha! How to top that, really?

Daimon's acting was superb, especially with the last two episodes.

Gotta watch!
April Fools
Jul 26, 2018
I wanted to watch something with Erika Toda and this is what I saw.

I thought it’s just something silly, light and I would just laugh through it. Well I did laugh here and there. But, God, I never though I’d be crying for this movie. I though wrong, so wrong.

I liked the part of the stubborn daughter and gangster father, but my favorite was the story of the old couple. Dang, I cannot stop crying when I knew their story. I was so touched!

Longer review with a little spoiler here: https://elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com/2018/07/08/april-fools-2015/

Destiny: Kamakura Monogatari
Jul 26, 2018
The story revolves around a couple living in Kamakura. A place where “supernatural” is normal, like dead people walking around, or having kappa’s walk around the area, or even having the God of Misery drop from your ceiling. LOL.

The story is unique itself and that is enough to get you to watch it. The story has a mixture comedy, fantasy, romance and mystery to it. It also talks a little about the concept of "destiny" and “forever” in a very subtle and relate-able manner.

I over all liked it.

8/10

Longer review with a little spoiler here: https://elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com/2018/07/16/destiny-the-tale-of-kamakura/

Love and Lies
Jul 26, 2018
I watched this as a part of the 2018 watch challenge, and because I was enticed by the plot.

Imagine a government choosing the person who you are supposed to be completely compatible with because of genetics, isn’t that cool?

Well of course you can always choose to follow your heart but what are the odds that you’d actually fall in love with the person chosen for you?

I loved how the story unfolded though I kind of cheated by jumping to the end of the story so I can see how it’s going to end. LOL. Some people do not like the ending while me on the other hand actually liked it. It was a peaceful and fulfilling ending for me. They left no opening for questions.

Longer review with a little spoiler at https://elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com/2018/07/14/love-and-lies/

My Korean Teacher
Apr 15, 2018
I never thought I'd enjoy this movie, honestly. I decided to watch it just wanting to know how they will attack the language part of the story.
I actually enjoyed this.
And I was happy how they played the "language" part quite well.

The actors may not be the best but for me they played their role well enough.
I also liked Ye Sung's singing voice (I'm not a fan of K-Pop so me saying he has a good voice -- I meant it).

Full review can be found at: elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com
My Rainy Days
Apr 15, 2018
A typical student - teacher love story? That's what I thought before I started watching this movie.But in actuality, it isn't.

It was somehow deep and you'd eventually care for the characters. They'd grow on you.

At first it doesn't look like much and I really did not expect anything but I am hoping it won't disappoint me. I'm glad, as it didn't.

You should definitely watch it. Your two hours will definitely not be wasted.

Full review at: elijahmaliksmom.wordpress.com