The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The Package

• Members: 3,848
Janey
Every episode flowed like a beautiful river. The drama was a mixture of romance, family, love, culture, and comedy. It's so light hearted yet leaves a strong impact on the viewers. The story follows 3 couples and a single man on a tour in France with their Korean tour guide. As the episodes unfold, we learn more about the individuals, their lives, and relationships. I usually never go for multi-couple dramas because it gets confusing and takes away the focus from a singular storyline but was TRULY amazed at how well-written and smooth this drama was. I feel like I've gone on a tour of France and a tour of these people's lives, all within 12 episodes. There's never a dull moment and within just 12 hours, you'll fall in love with the characters! It's slow but for good reason.

I've never watched a drama so refreshing and yet heartwarming as this one. It has a little bit of everything and defies the norms of Korean drama standards, going above and beyond to give viewers a realistic and yet magical experience. The drama really teaches you to stop judging and see things from alternate perspectives. Whenever you think something is "as is", it's not and theres no other way to explain it apart from you watching this drama.

You won't regret it!

Valerie
Upon reading the summary, I was a bit reluctant to start this drama, because the summary seemed a lot different from the usual kdramas. When dramas are different from the usual, I am hesitant to watch because most of the time, they are not really good. Korean dramas are more famous for the typical rom coms.

Looking at the ratings made me feel like this drama is seriously underrated. Currently at episode 10, and I'm loving it to bits! Episode 1 started a bit slow, but it was crucial to understand the different personalities of the tourists. By the way, I loved the ahjummas! Wish they were part of the tourists also, which would have made it more interesting and funny to watch.

The supporting characters' relationships seemed cliche at first glance, but as they delve deeper into their background stories, it made me realise that this drama is all about "Don't judge a book by its cover" and the different kind of relationships between the tourists.

I found the pace to be good. I loved how they focused on each pair for each episode. I loved the back stories and the progress of relationships so much! I loved the male lead's character here. It was so unique. I'm glad he wasn't a typical CEO or this good looking handsome guy with a narcissistic personality. His character was hilarious and so were his interactions with people in France. There were so many misunderstandings about him from the very start which I found to be funny. I loved his character so much!

And for the elderly couple, at first I really despised the ahjussi. He kept yelling at everyone and complaining about everything. I felt really sad for his wife. But once I saw the backstory, I kind of understood why he behaved in that manner. I could also tell that he changed slowly throughout the course of this drama, though not to a drastic extent, which seemed realistic enough for me.

For the young couple, I thought they would have a happy "honeymoon" dating period in France. But man was I not expecting a deep relationship with misunderstandings and communication problems. Their relationship changed a lot throughout this drama as well.

And for the main couple... I loved the progress of their relationship. The misunderstandings between the two of them were hilarious. And man, Jung Yong Hwa's kisses have gotten A LOT BETTER. I hated the fish kisses in "The heartstrings".

There were so many unexpected twists which I really loved. Overall, it was an awesome drama to watch!

For those ONLY looking for romance, don't start this drama because the main focus is not the romance but the growth of the characters and their relationships. It was a really good refreshing drama for me.

kingsqueen
This show certainly was a surprise hit for me. I was not expecting this show to have the depth it gave us. I loved the scenery, the music, and the characters. The characters are what really drives this story, and it just happens to all unfold as they are on a package vacation to France. There is a very relaxed feel to the show.

The cast was well chosen, and as the story flowed, we got to see a glimpse into each tourist in the Package Vacation. They started the trip as strangers, and somehow became friends. The relationships between the couples on the trip are highlighted in different episodes, showing why they took the vacation and a bit about their lives back home in Korea. They have some good adventures and grow closer in their travels.

The music was pretty and appropriate for our French vacationers.
I wouldn't mind watching this again one day.

manicmuse
This drama gave me a feeling like I was literally on a vacation. Not just because it was filmed in France, and made me feel like I was revisiting many of the places I got a chance to see while there, but because I loved getting to know these strangers on this package vacation, who felt like friends I didn't want to leave by the end.

If your'e a fan of dramas with a great ensemble cast, this one is a must watch. There are no real leads, because each character's story feels important. Lee Yun Hee may be the leader of the tour, but she doesn't really feel any more important than the other characters. I guess "The Package" would be classified as more of a slice of life drama, but because France is such a romantic place, and the characters are literally "coupled off", it definitely feels very romantic (including some surprisingly passionate moments that can be rare in kdramaland). However, I don't just mean literal romance, but more exploring different types of love, and stages of love, and even self love.  Part of the fun is getting to know about each relationship, so I won't say too much, only that things not always being as they seem is a major reoccurring theme.

The entire cast is excellent, but I did have my favorites, and not so favorites in the cast. First, I loved Jung Yong Hwa as Ma Roo, and the complete randomness of his character. It would have been so easy to make his character super annoying, but he's so charming that I had no choice but to like him. He's come a long way from his boyish charm in "You're Beautiful", and it was nice to see him as a more mature lead. I was less excited by Lee Yun Hee as So So, who's character did annoy me at times, but she definitely felt real and relatable. She also had to do double language duty, which I can't vouch for as far as accuracy, but if her french was really bad she faked it really well.  The rest of the cast is endearing, and felt like real people as well, but the MVPs in my opinion were the older couple, who were frustrating, heartbreaking, and the absolute cutest. I've been on a group vacation once, with mostly strangers, and it definitely captured that dynamic well. The non vacation characters were a lot less developed, and except for So So's boss and brother, they weren't as memorable, but they were all well played.

The story telling is well done, and kept me interested the entire time. At the same time the stories are filled with clichés, some predictable and not so predictable twists, silly humor, and a lot of what felt like manipulating the audience's emotions. Like I said, this drama is big on misunderstandings, so they purposely present some moments in a way that will make you likely to misunderstand them. After a while the obvious misunderstandings were becoming fun, just because I loved watching the character's reactions. Another cool thing was how certain locations were incorporated in the story, so France wasn't just an arbitrary location, but a big part of each character's experience.

Would I watch this again? Definitely. When it was over I had the same feeling I usually have with a good vacation... Although I knew it was a good time for it to be over (12 episodes seemed like the perfect length), I also didn't want it to end, so it left me longing to return.  Still, the ending was extremely satisfying, even with some major tropes in full effect, I loved it. It's also the perfect length to binge watch!

The soundtrack was great too, although I don't have any favorite songs, the music definitely added to the atmosphere of the show.

Overall, even with thoughtful themes of self discovery, and some moments that had me in serious tears, this was a mostly feel good drama that I needed. Expect to laugh, cry, and sigh deeply, and possibly want to book a trip to France. (I guess that Air France product placement was well spent). I wasn't sure what to expect when I started watching, but much like the characters signing up for this package vacation, I'm so glad that I decided to take the journey.

PearlF
Beautifully written story with characters that I can so easily identify with cos they are likely people that I may meet in my daily live. It may start off as like just a travelogue but actually the writer skillfully weaves the stories of all the packagers together and each back story is so real, sometimes funny, sometimes so sad. I love the main leads as they showed off great chemistry and their love story is so romantic. San Maru is such a hoot, a great character that is sometimes silly, sometimes manly but oh so romantic. Jung Yong Hwa was superb as San Maru. The fact that this drama was fully produced before it aired assured us good quality. It had beautiful cinematography, well written characters and story lines, very nice OST and a wonderful cast. The writer shows us that we should all reflect on our own lives and think whether this is how we want to live it.  My only complaint is that it is too short with just 12 episodes. Wish it was a little longer. This is definitely one of the most under rated drama in 2017 and even though I have finished watching it, I will re-watch it again cos I just love it so much.

lexandlove
What a lovely gem! Watched it without any expectations and finished it blown away by how much I've gotten attached with all of the characters. As soon as I read "Thank You for watching The Package" in the subs, I miss them already. I love that this drama stayed true to itself until the very end. No unrealistic villains, no unrealistic plot twists, no cliched conflicts, love triangles etc. that we more often than not see in Korean dramas. The balance between comedy, romance and angst to a certain extent was done brilliantly! All the characters are real people you can relate to. Here, you have a male and female lead that you can root for with or without the romance. Oftentimes, we wish for a happy ending because that can only be the saving grace for a drama but not in this drama. This drama did not need a saving grace at all. It's also quite amazing how both leads are uniquely charming in different ways yet both so relatable and realistic. I didn't know Jung Yonghwa can do comedy! What a pleasant surprise as well. And let's not forget those perfectly executed intimate scenes between Jung Yong Hwa and Lee Yeon Hee! 10/10

Roby
I really loved this drama and I really recommend it!!! It's different from other dramas! Since it takes place in France, there's a shock between French/European culture and Korean culture. The drama points out the problems and negative aspects of the Korean culture like the obsession with working, sex taboos, etc.
All the characters are enjoyable (not at first :p) and that is possible because throughout the espisodes, we learn about their personality and about their story! And also, the characters are well developed: we cry with them, we laugh with them, we change with them!
I'm sure I will rewatch it in the future (even though I've never rewatched a drama before)!

PaboSaeki
The Package is everything you want in a drama. It's really an eye-opener and the flavor of this drama is something you've never tasted before! From the first episode to the last, it was never a boring and dull moment! Each episode got better and progressed really well and it made you want to watch more.

Romance wasn't just the main focal point of this drama. The show had a lot to do with exploring the complexities of love and relationships. It also had a lot of amazing character progression and the way the stories of each character were portrayed was really well done. You'll know what I mean when you meet all the characters from the first episode, then you get to the last one. There was enough screen time for each and every supporting character, and I wouldn't even call these characters "supporting" characters as I felt like they were really lovable and well portrayed (in terms of acting and writing) to a point where they were all equally considered to be the main characters.

The setting and the music is REALLY what makes this drama special. The whole drama is set in the beautiful country of France, and they really do a good job with cinematography when filming the landscapes and have beautiful shots of the scenery in France! With the perfect music, it creates a beautiful atmosphere and ambiance. The main character also explains interesting background information  for each monument/building/city which is a really interesting add to the drama.

All in all, this show really sets itself apart from other dramas. As you progress through every episode, you'll really feel like you were part of the "family" and there are really heartwarming and wholesome moments in the drama that would make you love each and every character in this drama!

TLDR: Simple FEEL GOOD story, lots of different relationships and fun characters. You'll find yourself just like the characters found themselves while exploring France together!

Overall, 9.0/10! Très bon!!

AlphaGirl
If you ever wish to visit France, then watch The Package without fail because France is what this drama mostly is about. If you do not have plans to visit France then certainly watch this drama as you will get a tour of this breathtakingly beautiful city from the comfort of your home. Additionally, you also have CNBlue’s hottie lead singer, Jung Yong Hwa to keep you company. If that doesn’t lure you then let me add here that the director has added a shirtless scene of Yong Hwa pondering over some serious issue. How can a hot hero think with his shirt on? He has to take off his shirt to think clearly, right? The Package is a short drama with some interesting characters and lots of funny moments.
Since I have changed the look of this website, I have also tweaked the outlines and presentation of most of my posts. Hope you like it. :)

Good Weights
I enjoyed watching The Package because…
…the storylines depicting complications in different kinds of relationships seamlessly blended with the theme of the drama. Every character in the drama is at the crossroad of a certain relationship and this trip makes each one of them realise what he or she wants from the other person and from oneself. It is fun to see so many stories fall like puzzle pieces to form a larger picture at the end of the drama.
…the cast was really good. Actress Lee Yeon Hee who plays tour guide Yoon So So was totally into the character. She very easily adopts the tour guide tone and looks very convincing as a professional guide. I am sure Yeon Hee has put in a lot of hard work to get into the skin of her character. Similarly, every other cast member did a good job and played their parts well.
…of the brilliant cinematography and the beautiful foreign location. The director has spared no pains in capturing France in the most exotic frames. All the locations visited in the drama look amazing and this is the perfect way to promote tourism.
…it was funny. San Maa Roo encounters with So So’s stalker is hilarious. The way he dodges him and gets into scuffles with him made me roll on the floor with laughter. Do watch out the two men fight for So So’s attention. Even his initial encounters with So So are amusing.

Bad Weights
I did NOT like The Package because…
…it is a threat to my savings. Two episodes into the drama and I was yearning for a vacation. The drama reminded me that it has been years since my last long holiday. By the end of episode 4, I decided to go on a trip no matter what. I started to look up holiday plans online when suddenly I heard my bank passbook chuckle in a corner. I went to it and opened it to see what made it laugh so mirthfully. What I next saw brought tears to my eyes. I quietly returned to my laptop, this time equipped with 3D glasses, and clicked on the next episode because I had realised that it was going to be the only way I will be seeing France for at least another decade. Damn you poverty! Damn you!
…there is a dip in the story pace in episode 6 but the drama eventually picks up. The dip is justified as it is a point in the drama where characters explore the depths of their relationship. It shows how couples behave after they have spent a considerable amount of time together.
…Jung Yong Hwa was a little dull. There are several scenes where he could act a little more energetic and whimsical but his restrained (read limited) acting makes him look dull. He is a handsome guy but when it comes to acting, I think he can do better.

The Package has more of good weights which makes it a good watch. Its cast, story and location together make it a very enjoyable drama. If your bank account balance too mocks you the way mine does, then do not miss this drama as it is the cheapest way to have a trip to France.

I give The Package 3.5 out of 5 rating. The Package is an easy breezy drama. It throws some light on the complexities of different types of relationships against the backdrop of the breathtakingly beautiful France. Do watch this one when you want to watch a fun and light drama.

Originally posted on Alphagirl.in.

Mayar Tam
Watched this drama without much expectation but what a hidden gem it turned out to be.  This is a series where directing, cast, writing, script, bgm, and cinematography came together perfectly to create a beautiful series.  The writing and narration incorporated SK social issues into the travelers' lives and how they handle and resolve their personal situations in the worlds they live in.  How they touched other people's lives and how they themselves are influenced or touched by the people they are traveling with.  This drama is definitely more than just a travelogue on France, (which btw its cinematography was excellent) - it is rom-com at its best with tears, laughter,  comic scenes, love-dovey romantic scenes, passionate kisses, thought-provoking topics, and some heart-wrenching scenes and none of those draggy scene fillers.  The only gripe I have with this drama is that it ended too fast at 12 episodes but every episode is gold.

hanny
of course i started to watch this drama because of Jung Yong Hwa. And got amazed with his acting that increase so much. I totally felt in love with San Maroo and  other peoples on the group. We can learnt anything in every episode. About love, relationship, bromance, understanding, marriage, friendship, life etc. The story not only about love but the travel itself. Made me wanna go to France. The point is, The Package hook in my heart. You will regret if you not watch this drama. And please understand the satire of the story because it's comical drama :)
Fatin Nabilah Syazwani Ruslan
I have been looking for this piece since last year. Been looking for yonghwa comeback drama. Not even fan of actor  Jung Yonghwa but adore him as singer song writer. But The Package definitely turn me into actor Jung Yonghwa fan. People would say I might be biased but no. When it's comes to drama I even drop yh MHIYD . From summary alone I find nothing would appeal me aside France as their cinematography..  but guess what the first two episode already caught my attention with Maroo character.. Soso (LYH) whom had been said as bad actress.. I find her acting fine. And I even look others her works after TP. and definitely the prejudice they give to her not doing the justice. As story grow, every others characters grows too. Everyone have their turn to narrate and audience being direct to look at everyone perspective story. No such common second lead syndrome unrequited love and such. Even the main lead romance seem so relevance.. there's enough spices making this drama one the best drama I ever had in my kdrama plate. Chemistry all cast has been excellent. No such really protagonist character. Finally.  Writer nim doing excellent job in storyline so do the music director. Their ost goshhh. My favs of all times. I love how they highlight communication and trust is needed in building strong relationship.. be it family, spouse, friend and gf bf... this is such a healing drama with lil bit of humor and romance sparks in between. I've lots to say but it will take the whole space here. So, do watch ?