The Perfect Match

• Country: Taiwan
  • Aired: Mar 3, 2017 - Jul 28, 2017
  • Aired On: Friday
  • Network: SET TV
  • Duration: 1 hr. 30 min.
  • Genres: Food, Romance, Drama
  • Tags: Rich Male Lead
  • Rating: Not Yet Rated

tan
Jul 30, 2017
This show started off really well and I really loved it till episode 17 but after that the story lost focus and it ultimately limped to the finish line (the show was extended which really hurt its plot and pacing).
The best part of the show for me was Chris Wu who was awesome and such a treat to watch. His character Huo Ting En was smart, mature, thoughtful,a great mentor and respected the heroine's opinions and decisions. Also the female lead was intelligent and spunky and not annoying like most of the female leads in Taiwanese dramas.The chemistry between the leads was crackling and the bromance between Huo Ting En and Peng Xiao Bin was really fun. The second leads are also not irritating and there are no out and out villans in the drama. Not a bad show in any way but would have become a favorite had it ended a couple of episodes early.

hollywillow
Aug 8, 2017
Ah... Where do I begin? The fact that I couldn't agree more with people that said this drama is better off at the 17 episode. They should've done it nicely at episode 17, but they just decided to drag us more into a deeper hole making this drama becoming more boring and draggy.

I actually like the drama. Ivy Shao and Chris Wu chemistry is not too bad. But I still prefer Ivy Shao and Marcus Chang in Back To 1989 (to you guys who never watch this, please, watch it NOW). The beginning started off nicely, and how I love love LOVE Xiao Bin so much. He was like the LIGHT of this drama. He's funny, cute, and the fact he's so loyal, LOVED HIM!

For Chris Wu fans, I think despite the draggy story, you can watch this for his passionate kiss (damn that kiss tho), his sincere smile, his funny and cute act. And the fact Ivy Shao is so pretty and charming as usual.

I also love the fact that the villain in this drama is not very annoying. All of their acts turned out is for someone's sake or someone's goodness make it all of their actions are very reasonable.

Overall, to me they should've just stayed at their cooking theme instead of moving into rich people stuff that to me is soooo cliche. Do I still recommend you to watch it? Yes. Despite of the draggy story and cliches, if you love Chris Wu or Ivy Shao, you'll definitely give this a try. This drama also gave me lots of butterflies, and some tears too, and the fact it's so funny and so entertaining. So, if you need a light funny and cute dramas then maybe this is yours.

Will I rewatch this? Maybe I'll watch the first part. I surely very love the first part of the story where the couple first met and how they interact with each other, lovable!

tottochxn
Feb 6, 2018
I liked this drama.That would be an understatement.I loved this drama would be a more accurate statement.Firstly the female lead's character was a hit for me. Second, the male lead's character was a hit for me. Lastly, their relationship development was a hit for me. All in all I would like to appreciate the beautiful atmosphere set up the fellow by the rest of the characters, specially those who were part of the night market people. It had a hint of everything you'd wanna see bromance, romance, jealously, aesthetics, misunderstandings stc .My favourite part of this entire drama was that none of these aspects was overstated. People may complain that the pacing was too slow but I disagree. Pacing is merely based on expectations. If you're look for an intense drama with fast sequences this this might not be the one for you. But if you're wanting a drama which focuses on detailed developments of relationship not just of the main leads, but everyone else as well, then ...wohoo !You're at the right place

Starting of with the female lead.I don't think she couldn't get better.She was stubborn yet she knew when to be accepting of other people's views and learnt from them.She had this naive innocent side ( all male leads love their silly girls rit ) but she was mature at the same time.She was headstrong and not shy of skinship.I especially liked the part where she said no to the male lead because she was concerned about the second lead but the same line drew the line when the second lead said he liked her. Girls who know what they think and want are favourites for me. I really appreciate her character in this compared to her in 'Back to 1989' where she was barely tolerable.

Moving on to the male lead, I like to appreciate the fact that although he was shown to proud and confident, he didn't cross over to the line of arrogance. Yes he did push the female lead here to better heights but he knew when he should stop and understand her emotions. Their chemistry was wonderful, natural, silly and mature at the same time. I just couldnt't get enough of it.

The second leads though coulda sorta done better. The male second was just sappy. He had oppurtunities yet rather then using them he just to act lovesick and lament from the sidelines. Very annoying. And well y'all shold know theres not gonna be much second lead syndrome here. The female second lead here was so different from others. She knew she wanted the male lead yet she wasn't excessively pushy and didn't bitch too much. Her straightforwardness though, though really didn't add up much to the perception of a bitchy female lead which is sometimes (do not deny ... hehehe) satisfying.

Another major major major thing I appreciated here was the ending. See all taiwanese dramas will compulsarily have this period in the dramas where there are uncalled for misunderstanding and for a short period of time they remain estranged. This drama did not excessively drag that part, showed us a twist in an innovative way during that time and got us a good happy cliche ending. Satisfaction guaranteed!(Trust me you're gonna end up staying for the food visuals )

Cute Gnome
Jun 17, 2018
Characters:
(Rating: 10/10)
This is not my first time watching a Chinese Series so I am quite familiar of the actors and actresses in this series. I don't know them by name but I am quite sure I saw some of them somewhere ????. The chemistry between the two main characters was undeniably perfect, cute and charming. All characters gave justice on their roles. I believe you would agree with me if I would say that having the right person play a specific role makes the whole production good. Good not the best because that is just one recipe for a wonderful film or series.

Acting Skills:
(Rating: 9/10)
As a whole the performance was great. Given the fact that the series is a romantic comedy series, mistakes and errors are forgivable. There were scenes where characters were laughing as if they are not taping which makes the scene super genuine. I am referring to one of the scene where the Hou Family were having their "family meeting"? Hehehe sorry for the term though.

Cinematography/Editing/Music:
(Rating: 7/10)
I gave that rating because of some errors/mistakes/lapses or whatever. There are some scenes were editing was not properly done. Like for example, there was a scene where flashbacks were being played alternately with the present. Flashbacks were being shown in a black and white scale and there was an instance were the present scene was shown in a black and white scale as well ????. The music ???? ,the background music to be specific was being cut without notice when a different mood arises, you would understand what I am saying if you are quite observant of the background music because I am quite like that. You can also differentiate if one specific scene used computer ???? effects. BUT those mistakes were very much forgivable. WHY? Firstly because again this series is a romantic comedy kind of series. Secondly because this series was composed of 22 episodes with almost 1 hour viewing time per episode. That's roughly one day ? and one night ???? of viewing if you watched it continuously so think about the number of days consumed in filming, editing and polishing this series. Get it?

Storyline/Plot:
(Rating: 15/10)
Sorry for the rating it's just that I super loved how the story went and ended. The plot, the twist and the conflict. The story is quite predictable because obviously this is not the first series that I've watched. But its just so perfect for me.

Lessons:
1. How to VALUE RELATIONSHIPS specially FAMILY. Family in blood or not.
2. How simple MISUNDERSTANDINGS can be a boulder which will become heavier and heavier as the time goes by.
3. How important LOVE is. Whether it's one sided love, brotherly love, opposite sex kind of love, a love of a parent to her child. All sort of love.

As a whole I will give a 9.8/10 rating for this series. It's not perfect but perfection is not what I am looking for but entertainment and this series gave it to me. I was entertained, super duper entertained. You must watch it.

A Very / Perfect / Match

jia
Aug 14, 2017
This drama was very good in the beginning. I like the romance and cuteness in the drama but after the director dragged this drama a couple more episodes, it kind of started to get a little boring. This drama was suppose to end at 19 episodes but definitely watch this if you like cooking and comedy.
emily
Dec 17, 2017
The Perfect Match was a pretty decent drama. I gave it a try after watching the trailer and it seemed entertaining. The story though, it was kind of alright. At first, I liked the girl a lot. Throughout the whole drama, her character wasn't one of those annoying ones. I was lowkey hoping that she was going to end up with the dude that had a crush on her because of the age and maturity level they were on.
The characters were kind of well developed. The sad thing was the age level difference. As you watch this, you could see the difference in maturity. The guy was very manly and cute for his character, but getting them both together wasn't really my cup of tea. If you don't like dramas where the age gap is a little big, this wouldn't be your cup of tea. I would only say that because you CAN SEE and HEAR the difference. Other dramas, you couldn't really tell because of how well everything flowed, but this one you can definitely tell.
Overall, I wouldn't really watch this drama again. I wouldn't really recommend it to people either unless they were bored and needed something to watch to kill time.