The website is currently undergoing maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Strongest Deliveryman

• Members: 5,008
aimsat
Sep 29, 2017
Strongest Deliveryman focused on the depiction of the struggle of the youths who are hardheaded in building a better future for themselves. Through the four protagonists Choi Kang Soo, Lee Dan Ah, Oh Jin Gyu and Lee Ji Yoon a macro view of the condition of youth has been displayed which was quite endearing and enjoyable. Not always the life of young people are full of rainbows and spring flowers blooming everywhere. Life is full of trials and tribulations and this particular period of youth in one’s life when a person experiences sudden exposure of difficulties in love, work, family and establishing a good future, it can be overwhelming. Being undeterred in one’s resolution with strong confidence of moving forward can only bring positive results in the long run.

In human lifespan, the period of early adulthood considered to be the most crucial time in shaping up a person’s entire future. Either they can destroy it by their own hand or can flourish it with good deeds and extreme diligence. Choi Kang Soo was represented as a young adult who despite of having difficult familial and financial situation remained unfazed throughout. He had been shown as an epitome of magnanimity and a valiant character. No amount of pain or sufferings could reduce his self-respect, determination and devotion towards achieving his dreams. The character portrayed by him is simply a person with tenacity of doing well to others, spreading wellness and reciprocating them. As they say, what goes around comes around. This world always revolves with this simple logic. Kang Soo was a simple guy who firmly believed that if he helps people, if he wants the good in people or bring out the good characteristics from the people one day or the other he would definitely get the result. He neither fed his inner greed nor tried to meet his own selfish needs. Along with all his friends, he unitedly delved into an endeavor which faces turbulences though for a short moment of time he was frazzled of fighting with the imposters but he again rose and shone. He was always thoughtful of his nearer and dearer ones around him which subsequently brought glad tidings for all combined.

Secondly, Lee Dan Ah. Another strong character. A sagacious, salubrious and undaunted character. When she puts her heart and soul to something, she made sure to stick to it till the end. Her devotion towards achieving her dream was laudable.

Oh Jin Gyu and Lee Ji Yoon on the contrary are not the kids from humble background rather born with the silver spoon in their mouth. The former was being excruciatingly tortured and slandered by his own father tried to take his own life but was saved. He understood the worth of life, independence and standing on one’s own feet. He understood contentment lies when a person owns and earns all by himself. The starting can be insignificant but at the end of the day self-worth comes from one’s own hard work and sincerity. Besides Ji Yoon rebelled from being forced or directed her life by her mother. She broke free her comfortable shackle and fled from the castle to become independent and achieving her own dreams.

From another view point the story was also a sort of tribute to the delivery people who were in many ways or the other pretty much neglected by the society.
I like the perspective of the story tellers. They have shown young people from both affluent and destitute social strata. Having being born in a privilege class doesn’t necessarily bring happiness. The affluent young people can also fight for making a life of their own individual choices.
Keeping “delivery service” as a base two factors are highlighted: a) life of youth b) life of deliverymen. The integration or the interconnectedness of both the subject was intelligent. However, the dramatization was a lackluster.

Acting by the ensembles are absolutely remarkable. Go Kyung Pyu and Chae Soon Bin was perfect for their individual role. Nobody could have done better than them. Also Kim Sun Ho, though played his first main role but he did full justice to it. Lastly Go Won Hee was quite natural playing out Ji Yoon’s eccentricity. The group of young lads of the delivery team also gave excellent performance.

Having said so much, the main theme of the story is excellent but there was some problem with the portrayal. The first few episodes were riveting but gradually it was losing its luster and became boring. The story kind of revolved in one business idea, eventually, along the line losing the dynamic essence as the episodes progressed. Definitely this was a huge disappointment for me. With outstanding ensemble cast and such great story, it could have been marvelous. Something was lacking of great deal which I could not pinpoint perfectly.

In deduction a good story with an uninteresting dramatization resulting into my lower ratings.

My recommendation whether to watch it or not would be …..you can try it’s not that bad.

Nicki
Sep 24, 2017
Perhaps I feel differently than most because I'm 23 and feel a connection to most of the characters in this drama. For me personally, this drama really grew on me to the point where I was a little disappointed that the end came so quickly. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did.

The first few episodes were kinda meh to say the least, not terrible, but not amazing. However, I always had an affinity for slice of life dramas and I continued watching. I think the shift happened right around when they decided to become 'Strongest Deliveryman' and that's when it started to feel like I was watching a whole new and exciting show. I will have to disagree with the majority and say that i absolutely loved Kang Soo and Dan Ah's relationship more than I did the second leads. Don't get me wrong though, the second leads were lit and sooooo funny but the first leads were more impactful to me, because I wasn't sold on their compatibility as a couple initially. In the earlier episodes I never felt the chemistry, but as the episodes progressed I fell for how well it was portrayed as a realistic relationship.

What I really enjoyed in this drama was how it made me feel as young adult who often felt like the world and everything was against me. Dan Ah calling Korea hell resonated with me so much because I feel that everyday here in America. I'm not rich, I'm not even "comfortable" in that sense. I have student loans and car payments and rent and its hard to not feel discouraged at times. Kang Soo was relatable to me because I'm the type of person that would give the clothing off her own back if it meant someone else was comfortable. Min chan, I saw myself in the way he was trying to live up to his parent's expectations; i also saw my friends who have graduated from college, but still cab't secure a job. This drama really was like a breath of air and a word of encouragement for me (so corny, I know!).

I appreciated Kim Sunho's portrayal of Jin Gyu so much because brought such depth to his character that it was ridiculous to even think that he was supposed to be a "villain" earlier in the story. Honestly, Ji Yoon's character was comedic, but that's really the extent of it which wasn't bad in the least.

I'm kind of rambling now, but yeah, I really digged this one. And I'll definitely miss it.

SuchismitaTripathy
Sep 24, 2017
GO to the KYUNG to the PYO !!!!! How can you not fall in love with this cutie pie? I have had my eye on him for a long time.. Ever since his supporting role in Flower boy next door. I have followed almost all of his dramas especially adoring his side love story in reply 1988 (which i was rooting for more than the actual story). Finally in the lead role. I couldn't ask for more. A light rom-com with sweet side stories and strong female characters, this is a unique story about delivery boys. They could've used his acting with a better story which i believe he would've rocked in but somehow this story was a lost opportunity for him.

Genre : rom-com

Story : A common delivery boy's story of struggle and success in the world dominated by money and politics. It is a story that students and people struggling with daily life would connect to. The story especially is pretty sweet and it makes you happy and root for the regular characters you see everyday. Go Kyung Pyo is the epitome of nice-but-crazy-guy and stays up to his character with his cute smile.The side stories aren't developed well, it might be the writer's fault but the story was rushed up and too much happened too soon towards the end.The side-story that especially touched me is the character growth of the chaebol who disregards the struggles of common life which shows us that there is good in every one. It is funny, sweet and the story makes you happy and believe that may be there is good in this world after all.

Actors : If you're looking for strong female characters, this is the drama to go for. All the female characters are strong and if you don't believe me, the main female lead actually fights with guys. Chae soo bin convinces us that she's a strong character but at some point, the chemistry between the main leads is a hit and miss. You're patiently waiting for the cute antics of Go Kyung Pyo that you hoped they would've used but it never comes. Kim Sun Ho is really adorable and the development showed in his character is almost heart-touching and realistic. Go won hee's quirky character will make you smile.

Will i watch it again? No, (I will prefer other dramas of Go Kyung Pyo if i miss him)
Will i recommend it to anyone? May be if they're looking for a light and fluffy rom-com.

Meenakshixo
Sep 23, 2017
A really good drama for those that love heart ache, romance and cuteness! I would have given it a 10, but the female lead was so annoying.
evilhomer450
Sep 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this drama, it was fresh and had a unique story line. The characters were all pretty likable, all flawed people trying to find their way in a suffocating society. It was funny, sad and the romance isn't overblown against the main story. My only complaint, which affected my view of this drama a lot unfortunatly, was the ending. It felt extremely rushed, as if the writer ran out of ideas on how to end the series. The resolution of the story line is pretty shoe horned. I would still recommend this drama though, it was very fun to watch.
Senni
Sep 24, 2017
I really didn't expect to fall in love with this drama as much as I did. What really got me was the second lead couple, they were so entertaining and lovely. On the other note this story realisticaly presented youth problems without sugar-coating.
I deffietly recomend this drama, it is a emotional ride you won't get bored of.
OhSoEnthusiastic
Nov 3, 2017
I don't think it ended as strong as it started (it began to drag a bit in the last quarter, lost the darker edge it started out with, and certain plot points weren't given as much attention as they deserved), but I enjoyed it for what it was and what it aspired to be. Hell Joseon is a real place, and I felt the characters pain each time they tried, failed, then pulled themselves back up to try again. I ended up being more invested in the secondary couple than the main couple (cause they were just too dang cute), but I appreciated the main couple's struggles in their relationship and how they supported each other, held each other up when one was falling apart.

I wouldn't watch it again, but I'm glad I watched it at least once.

TaraLynch
Oct 26, 2017
Go Kyung Pyo, oh how I adore this man. I'm so pleased that he's finally gotten to be the lead. He plays Choi Kang Soo, a young man who has been moving from neighborhood to neighborhood in the city trying to find his birth mother. He spends two months in each neighborhood then moves on to the next. He makes friends everywhere he goes and generally works as a deliveryman. He moves into the neighborhood where Lee Dan Ah, played by Chae Soo Bin, lives. She's a young woman completely disenchanted by life in "Hell Joseon," where young people struggle and can't find jobs and competition for everything is fierce. Throw into the mix a spoiled party boy rich kid, Oh Jin Gyu, played by Kim Sun Ho and a handful of engaging secondary and tertiary characters and you end up with a delightful rag-tag bunch of young adults facing off against a corrupt corporation.

I was worried that this show would be the usual love triangle (rich boy versus boy boy for the plucky poor girl's favor), but was happily surprised when they veered sharply away from that dynamic after the first few episodes. What played out was a good balance of light cheer and sad drama for a show that ended up being really comforting to watch. I was a little disappointed in the chemistry between the two main leads - but I put a lot of that on the writing and less on the actors. Dan Ah spends so much time being bitter and angry that it can be off-putting at times. There were a couple of places where I felt like plot threads were brought in and then abruptly dropped. I would definitely watch this one again.

Did I mention that I love Go Kyung Pyo? I just want to carry him around in my pocket all the time.

2013started
Oct 12, 2017
Ep. 12 - it is beginning to drag...  this show you can watch with one eye close, it means you don't really have to pay  attention to what they are saying because the plot is so simple, some scenes are beginning to be corni and him being good two shoes and having a solution all the time.  It is not the type of drama that will keep you on your toes.  Side note: I cannot stand his curly hair in the first few episodes and i cannot stand the nose of the 2 leading ladies - CSB & GWH  it is both too fake (reminds me of Michael Jackson).  It is now beginning to be a chore to watch.

Oct 4, 2017
Though the story isn't something that you haven't seen before, it manages to deliver. It is quite enjoyable actually, with the romance actually pretty good, mainly because the couple had chemistry. The first episodes were a bit of a let down, with the story progressing slowly and some of the characters being very annoying. The story, fortunately, picked up. Even the final episode was quite interesting, which is quite rare for a K drama, as they usually sum up the story two episodes before the ending. Finally, the performances were okay from all the actors and the side stories were entertaining as well.