Suspicious Partner (2017) poster

Fluffy
2017 KDramas w/Best OST

KoreanNewbie
Feb 6, 2019
This is the second drama-starring-Ji Chang Wok that I’ve seen. And like the first time, I am very impressed on his acting skills.
This is one of the koreanovelas I have seen that I didn’t get irritated as I watch it. Like most, it’s one of those rich-guy-poor-girl story but what I like about this is that the girl character is not completely helpless (yey girlpower!) There is good flow of how the story is being unfold (I don’t have my usual “WTF how did that happen?” moment) and villains motive at the end of the series is not totally what I expect. I get that the villain was exposed early but it’s his reason for doing such things is what I am interested of.
I don’t really like on how they shot the fighting scenes, like there is a mirror effect or something. Doing it once is okay but doing it in most of the time gives me the impression that the acting is not good enough that’s why they’re using some kind of an effect.

Aminah Iqbal
May 28, 2019
My first ever kdrama
The actors did so well and I don't believe that the plot dragged because of the smaller cases between each episode. I believe that was done well and the comedy side was fantastic. The chemistry between the characters was great, not completely amazing like others but it was still fantastic! I do recommend this as a first time k-drama watch as it was for me.

The best point of this drama is seeing the office members interact with each other and how well they got on. Also their reaction to the main character's relationship was very interesting to watch!

The friendship between Ji Chang Wook and Choi Tae Joon was another killing part for me. And talking about killing the antagonist was fantastic and deserves more praise. He was truly chilling!

Krys
Jul 24, 2018
It's been a while since I watched this, but I remember enjoying it from beginning to end. But considering me favorite character was one of the bad guys, I can't say this was an all time favorite. The mystery was great, and the romance was better than average, I just think it was too long. If you are going to commit to over 20 hours of story, you better be ready to captivate the audience for every single one of those episodes. Otherwise, the filler episodes feel even more unnecessary and frustrating than in shorter dramas.

And while I like both of the lead actors and think they did a fine job in this drama, the chemistry wasn't as good as I was expecting. It wasn't bad chemistry, I just know what it looks like when they have great chemistry with other actors so it was a bit of a let down.

Harsh Vardhan
May 12, 2019
It started with cuteness and along the ride I experienced thriller , romance, comedy, action
everyone has done good acting especially i liked the female main lead and 2nd male lead more than anyone one else
One of the best thing I liked is the character development of the villain and the way his story is told without any rush.
Due to some of the cringe and bad scene I can't give it 10.

I completed it in 3 days with alot of laugh, a little tears and enjoyed it
In short a must watch if you like crime and law genre drama.
CharityAmis
Jul 17, 2017
Ji Chang Wook always seems to have this strangely fantastic chemistry with the main antagonistic characters. Some of my favorite scenes in this show were just of him talking to the antagonist. And he is such a great actor that he can make anything watchable.

For the most part, the show was pretty good. But I think the plot got lost somewhere in the middle. Great potential was just never fully realized, and I think this could have done with maybe a few more episodes.

But this drama did have some great kiss scenes, so there is that.
rqueen
Jan 19, 2018
I really like the first episode of this drama. It's fun to watch and made me want to watch the next episodes..
But I found the pace of the story was quite slow.. I like the story line, but 40 episodes are too much.
I think the plot will be more interesting if they shorten the lenght of the episodes.. I feel like some scenes were made just to prolong the story..
1. I like the story (if only it's shorten)
2. Good Acting perform by all leads involve (including the villian, he was really good)
I like mystery kind of drama, but I might not rewatch this drama again because it's too long. I fast forward some episodes while watching it.

Tata
Jun 22, 2017
I love this drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jinee
Jan 13, 2018

LONG REVIEW

Now that I have watched the whole drama (because of  Ji Chang Wook, let’s be honest) I understand the complaints. I’ll start with the good, move to the bad, and finish with the ugly.

The Good : When I started watching the show, I expected mainly comedy, based on the 1st episode (didn’t remember the synopsis). While it was fun to watch, it dealt with dark issues, and revealed a lot about man’s fragility and his natural tendency to be selfish and do evil, including when it comes to love. As predictable as the romance was, the criminal cases weren’t. I thought that making a drama about serious murder cases so digestible was not an easy task, and very well done. I also appreciated the fact that the female lead was not as gorgeous as the male lead. It's usually the other way around. She was not Ms Perfect, but just an everyday girl, and very opiniated. Ji Wook was generous and transparent, in real life he would make an awesome partner.

The bad (actors) : Very few actors can mix deep emotions with comedy. Ji Chang Wook can do it easy, but Nam Ji Hyun is not as good. She’s awesome to make you laugh, but when it comes to moving you to tears or making you angry, I couldn’t take her seriously. She’s not good at conveying deep emotions. She can’t cry to save her life. Well, at least Ji Chang Wook and Dong Ha (who was terrific) made up for her average skills.

The ugly (plot) : Some things were too unrealistic. Now I know this is entertainment but this is not a fantasy or sci-fi drama, this is a legal one. No woman in her right mind would move in where Bong Hee lived so fast. There's more to say but then I would have to spoil a lot. As for the characters, Yoo Jung was a pretty blend and irrelevant one. Self-centered, childish, unable to self-reflect. I never liked the situation between Eun Hyuk and Yoo Jung, and until the end I never liked those two.

In conclusion I enjoyed the drama at first but it went south by the 30th episode, now I get why it gets so much bad rap. It was too long (32 episodes of 30 minutes would have been more than enough), some circumstances were too unrealistic and the ending was beyond lackluster. Where were the fireworks ??? Way to frustrate an audience after 40 freaking episodes!!!!

Linus
Aug 14, 2017
I think that this drama had a lot going for it, but despite some really great things about it, it didn't quite do it for me.

I tried to start the show 3 times and each time something annoyed me in the story. Despite that, I kept watching to get to the good parts because of the high rankings the show received. I had a really hard time with the first 3-4 episodes. I found No Ji Wook and Eun Bong Hee's encounters to be rather awkward; not pleasant to watch at all. On top of that. I felt that there were way too many unlikable characters (evil killers, mean girls, cheating boyfriends, uncompromising DAs) and I didn't like the twist in which a girl suddenly became a suspect and there is literally nothing anybody saw or heard because of some ridiculous blackout. It was too unbelievable for me. However, it did eventually get to the good part.

--This part of the review can spoil parts of the show, so don't read it if you didn't watch the show. --

The criminal part of this story that pertains to the serial killer is its best part. The plot twists are surprising and interesting and I can't believe how amazing Dong Ha was in his role. Hyun Soo was probably the most interesting villain I've seen so far. He was scary, creepy and intriguing at the same time. His interactions with the people around were always tense and made things more interesting. I mean, Dong Ha really stole the show here. I felt like I feared him but was also curious about him. Just when I felt like I knew everything there was to know about him, it turns out that I was wrong all along. This was one of the best stories like that out there. However, I can't get over how unrealistic the lawyers' jobs were portrayed. I mean, this show was more of a police drama than lawyer drama. This is not what lawyers do! This really annoyed me throughout the show.

------ end of slight spoiler part -------

I think that the weakest part of the show was the romance. It started off kind of promising, but it quickly became bland and boring. They kept moving around in circles and almost no interaction between the two was interesting. I couldn't really see Ji Wook and Bong Hee as love interests and I don't think that I particularly liked Bong Hee's character. It's not that I disliked her; she was just very lukewarm to me and I don't want to feel this way about the main character. I also didn't feel much chemistry between the actors. I wonder if it was the writing or Nam Ji Hyun's acting. I mean, after watching Healer I can't get satisfied with the level of chemistry that I saw in Suspicious Partner.
I really liked how the relationships between the lawyers and other people developed and how natural the progression was. I regret that I didn't feel like that about the main couple.

All in all, I'm glad that I watched this show but it didn't make it into my all time favorites.

Irene
Aug 29, 2017
I really enjoyed the loveline in this drama, as it was very cute and swoon-worthy.

JCW's makeup was too much, but I enjoyed staring at him in this drama all the same. NJH was an adorable main lead and the progression of their romance was believable.

As many reviews said, I agree that the beginning was strong and steam dropped off as the writing focuses on resolution rather than storytelling,

Watch this one for the romance and not for the crime-solving. Also there are frustrating one-dimensional characters in the supporting cast such as the chief prosecutor and the 3rd female lead.

Sr Kenpachi
Oct 24, 2018
Plot bem conveniente, a história de todos os personagens estar conectada no final, o drama é bem enrolado e com momentos desnecessários, um vilão nada vilão é totalmente previsível, logo no primeiro ato dele, vc já sabia q ele era o culpado tudo, aquele sorriso dele só enganava trouxa, não curti tanto a moçinha, alguns personagens só estavam ali por conveniência de roteiro, serviram em um determinado momento ou para fazer peso na trama, de resto não eram nescessários, enfim, o drama poderia ter sido mais objetivo, assim sendo mais curto e teria sido bem melhor, mas geral foi um pouco acima de mediano.

Erinam
Apr 25, 2019
Suspicious Partner, que je viens de finir à l'instant c'est l'histoire d'une jeune femme et d'un jeune homme qui travaillent tous les deux dans le domaine pénal comme avocats ou comme procureurs. C'est le décor dans lequel se déroule l'ensemble du scénario. Au début il y a beaucoup de rebondissements et donc on est très vite pris dans l'histoire. Néanmoins je dois avouer que je n'ai pas tout regardé d'une seule traite. Il y a des moments ou il y a moins d'action et où l'histoire traine un peu. J'ai aimé le début et la fin mais c'était truc trainent en longueur, pas en ce qui concerne l'affaire de meurtres mais plutôt les intrigues amoureuses. Vers l'épisode 13 ou 14 ça devient un tout petit répétitif. Rien d'alarmant mais c'est dommage. Le début est très animé et jure avec la seconde partie du coup ...

Je n'ai pas énormément accroché avec les personnages au début mais on s'attache à eux quand même. J'ai même failli m'attacher au méchant de l'histoire qui est à mes yeux le personnage le plus complexe et le plus intéressant de l'histoire. Avec ce drama on a tendance à voir un peu les choses arriver. Je regrette un peu que l'une des intrigues secondaires n'ait pas pris la tournure que je souhaitais. L'intrigue entre les parents mériterait aussi d'avoir un peu plus de temps d'écran quitte à perdre des parties moins intéressantes comme certaines scènes à l'hôpital. J'aurais aimé que le changement de poste de No Ji-Uk soit plus profondi à la fin, qu'on parle plus de son ressenti. Idem pour le ressenti de l'héroïne vis à vis e son père, etc. Je trouve que les sentiments des personnages étaient prometteurs mais pas assez creusés.

Néanmoins la série s'appuie sur un plot solide avec des retournements de situation bien sentis la plupart du temps et appuyé sur des personnages iconiques. Le début avance vite et l'intrigue se tasse un peu sur la fin mais cette fin n'est pour une fois pas bâclée (je déteste quand toutes les intrigues se clôturent dans les 15 dernières minutes genre on avait plus le temps alors voilà, c'est très frustrant pour moi). Donc une vraie fin pour les intrigues principales et un peu moins pour les intrigues secondaires (c'est plus subjectif et laissé à l'appréciation des spectateurs). Ce drama se regarde facilement même s'il n'est pas exceptionnel dans son genre ça n'en fait pas moins un bon drama !