Suspicious Partner (2017) poster

Fluffy
2017 KDramas w/Best OST

amaya kitchen
Jun 22, 2018
I have rewatched this show multiple times and honestly fell in love with the WHOLE cast (serial killer included). It's such a interesting plot and I highly recommend it. This drama was so hard not to fall in love with so you need to give it a chance. From the very first episode it grabs and makes you laugh but the second episode DESTROYED ME. I was completely obsessed by then. Only thing I am mad about with this show is it does not have a second season!

The cast were amazing and the plot was close to perfect which is why I gave it a ten. I still think about it frequently even though I watched it a month ago

Dandelion
Mar 10, 2018
This drama start with a mystery and change into a cute and fluffy drama. I am not sure about Korean drama's trend these days or it is just because I happened to see a lot of drama with similar style (Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Healer, I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, etc). Suspense mixed with romance comedy drama with something either happen in the past or present. If you want a serious clever mystery plot like I Hear Your Voice, you wont find it here. I find the investigation part is really really slow (I mean, how slow they can be to investigate more of Hyun Soo's past??). This drama is strictly focused on the complex relationship between the characters , romance and fluffiness.

Although a lot of things in this drama can be cliche, all the elements works pretty well. I think the drama for 30 minutes for each episode works out well for me than the usual 1 hour length for 16 episodes or so. The pace of the romance is pretty reasonable. The fact that they start off with a wrong impression of each other and get to know each other step by step drawn me more. Ji Wook's trust issue (he was betrayed by his 2 most closest person after all), lost his beloved job, case with Jung Hyun Soo, and also the fire case which involve Ji Wook and Bong Hee parent brings a lot of turbulence into their relationship. And Love is all about timing. There are a lot of back and forth but love can only start with the right timing.

The story is pretty cute and fluffy. The main leads are not the only one who give out fluffiness. Tae Joon as Eun Hyuk is a total sugar candy. I nearly push him and Ji Wook as couple. They are adorable together. Another that is pretty interesting for me, somehow, I came to like the female love rival more than the female lead. Yes, Yoo Jung can be shameless (in term if betraying Ji Wook with his best friend and try to justify her act). But She is pretty cool too. I can see the reason why Ji Wook and Eun Hyuk fall for her. She is attractive and has a pretty cool personality. She does not scheme like the usual love rival. I find her pursuing Ji Wook is because she just being honest to herself. She knows she is wrong. But she cannot lie about her feelings. In addition, even though she was suspicious of Bong Hee (her love rival), she really put her 100% to the right job and investigate the case with professionalism. This remind me that not all people are 100% bad, but 100% good either. I find if both Bong Hee and Yoo Jung meet under different situation (without Ji Wook), they can be a pretty close friend.

Last note, I find Ji Chang Wook acts better here (He has more expression). He also has more chemistry here with the female lead than when he was with Park Min Young in Healer (Though story wise, Healer is way way a better drama.). I think this drama is a worthy watch for fluffy romance.

Lilly07
Apr 18, 2018
Personally, I had a hard time getting through this one. I stopped watching after about 18 episodes, and didn’t watch again after several months. I just could not get into it.
The story between the main characters is very romantic and funny and I had some moments where I swooned (who doesn’t love beautiful Ji Chang Wook), but it wasn’t that note worthy.
After is picked up the drama again and started watching the rest, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It wasn’t ground breaking, but entertaining and I was happy to watch the rest.
Kind of weird, maybe, but I totally fell for Dong Ha’s character! He is a great actor, he gave me chills and butterflies at the same time! His character was very well portrayed and had a lot of depth, I really enjoyed finding out why he did what he did and why. I will find more dramas with him in them, because I absolutely fell for his charms!

Lia
Dec 15, 2017
The year of 2017 was the year of law's and mystery's related drama, it was this year's trending and I'm not against it. "Suspicious Partner" was one of the many that came out this year and it started really strong, but throught out the whole forty episodes of half an hour, it started to got draggy and  look like it had some kind of identity crisis. But even with those bumps in the way I liked, it's not the best I have seen but it was entertain to watch.

To be honest it took me about three month to finish this drama. I don't know why, but I watched a bunch of episodes all together and then stoped because I get tired,but then, after a while away I would comeback for more, by the middle of the series I would find myself a bit bored from watching it and I would stop again. I think that the drama should had just 32 episodes, they stretched the story line to much so in the middle it just got bored. But at least the ending was quite good.

The premise for this drama is interesting. We follow the lovably and naive (and a bit crazy too) Eun Bong-Hee as she becames a trainee prosecutor under Noh Ji-Wook our other main character. As the story moves foward Bong-hee ends up becoming a suspect of a murder and it's when the mystery part of the show starts, as both Ji-Wook and Bong-Hee try to find the real culprit.

During the drama we have other small cases to fill the holes and a whole character's backstory wich makes everything connect or disconnect (when you watch the show you will understand). Something that made me a bit sad it's how poorly, in my opinion, the second couple story was handled and how they let to the very end to tie up everything, which made everyting look rushed. I really liked Eun-Hyuk and Yoo-Jung chemistry during the whole show and I think their story deserved better.

Hyun-Soo divide me, because I really hated him, but by the middle of the drama I was in love, I just wanted to know how everyting would turned out. In the end I think I felt a bit sad for him. I also loved all the support cast from Mr. Byun to Mr. Bang and his amazing personality, but the one I loved the most was Ji-Hae, she might not have a big role in the drama, but that girl is kinda of amazing, I love how sassy she is and the all love-hate relation she has with Bong-Hee, simply amazing. (But in the first half of the drama I hated her a lot, but she gets much better after that).

Cast / Acting: The acting was amazing, Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji-Hyun were amazing together, and I just loved the way Chang-Wook portrayed his character, I just fell in love. Nam Ji-Hyun did also a good job even though at some point in the middle of the drama I felt that her character was a bit to naive and to innocent for her age, but that's not the actress fault, it's more the writer fault. She did a great job despite that. Choi Tae Joon and Nara were great too even though I think the writers didn't do a good job with her character, Yoo-Jung was there, sometimes, not as much as I expect from a main role, but she was there doing her job, and I kinda liked her character more when she was drunk.

Dong-Ha, I don't have words to describe the mix of feelings for his character, like I said before I really hated his character but for some reason I also liked it a lot so I'm confuse. But overall his portrayed of Hyun-Soo was simply brilliant I really want to see more of him in the future.

The cast was brilliant and I really could feel the overall chemistry between them!

Now let's talk abou the whole romantic comedy mystery thing. I mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I think they weren't able to blend well the two genres together, so sometimes we had a lot of romance and lack of mystery, other times we had to much mystery a lack of romance. So it wasn't well balance principally by the beginning of the second half of the drama, the romance and the murder mystery were unbalenced which originated a regular romance and a regular mystery, it didn't outstanded and I felt a bit disappointed.

I liked the OST, was not the best ever, but it really suited the moments. I liked the cinematography, the light thing they did in the kiss scenes looked kinda pretty and it was like a sign that something romantic was about to happen.

Will I watch this drama again? Maybe, but like any other mystery or suspense drama, it is intriguing just the first time, because you don't know what to expect, but when you have already watched, it kinda lost the fun, but when I forget about the plot I'll maybe give it a shot again, maybe. I recommend this drama if you like cute couples being cute and brutal villains. It's not the best in this new trend of mixing romantic comedy and death but it's not the worst and definitely deserves a shot at least once.

Yo0osammy
Jan 12, 2019
God, bravo for this show, even though it did stray at some points, you’ll seriously be hooked at all points of this episode. There was what you call a black hole but there was so much drama and the chemistry between the two main characters was wonderful and the pull at my heart strings made it all worth it. Now the murder was a little gruesome but that’s fine because it really kept you going. But you watch it for the suspense and the fact that they’re all like one big happy family. You can’t help but laugh, cry, get angry and feel anxious all at the same time. Was not slow paced, I’m glad you find out about the killer and stuff as you go quickly. You barely question but question all at the same time. Kudos to the friendships and the side stories and the fact that the couple clicked so well in my world. I literally just wanted them to be together forever and a day. More than anything. What an experience with this show, I definitely recommended it because it flies by quickly but you’re addicted. Not boring at all to me. 40 episodes were so cake, I even wanted more.

CookiesCreed
Jan 1, 2018
I just finished this drama, so here comes my review right after:

Story: The beginning was really intense and I felt really hooked to keep watching it. Although later on it had some episodes which in my opinion weren't necessary because they only made some moments longer and actually quite boring. I really had trouble to motivate myself to keep watching it which is quite sad and a bit disappointing because the start was so strong. Towards the end it got better again.

Acting/Cast: I like the cast, they are all very unique charaters with their ups and downs. The introduction was very nice, also the introduction of the culprit was very strong and I actually like the character a lot.

Music: The Music was okay, some parts were really well underlined with a soundtrack, I especially liked the piano parts, I will have to look up the song later xD

Rewatch Value: As I mentioned before - the story got a bit loooong and slow and I almost couldn't bring myself to finish the drama, so I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Overall: Overall I liked the drama despise my own opinions above. It's a nice drama to watch on the side and not too complicated to understand.

Quitas
Jun 12, 2018
I have to be honest...I never loved a villain so much...the actor (Dong Ha) was simply amazing I will follow his work more for sure! He was supposed to play the main role in "I'm not a Robot", I kinda feel bad...I need a drama with him as main actor, NOW!
So..."Suspicious Partner" is very unrealistic, don't think it is a serious drama about Law and Thriller, it's actually more a RomCom. I love Ji Chang Wook (I miss him so badly TT) but I prefer seeing him in more "serious" or "action" roles, like "K2" or "Healer".
Nam Ji Hyun it's such a cutie, even her voice is cute!
The chemistry between these two was awesome and adorable.
Nara is pretty AF
The drama is very funny and enjoyable in every minute.

Desann David
Mar 16, 2019
Again i was not disappointed as i looked at ji chang wook drama...he is a really really really good good good actor...infact i rate him better than brad pitt so you can imagine...he needs to be awarded more though...He sings as well...i love to watch him sing....i can see he enjoys it thoroughly. I hate to see him cry though...he cries too real....nam ji hyun is great as well...she had me laughing so loud...the others actors were great as well...i cannot remember how many times i looked at this drama ... i am hoping ji chang wook finds a good woman and settle down before it is too late...life is so short for him not to date and get married...have kids...especially as he has no simblings...i am sure his mother want grand kids...lol

Winda Dewiyani
Dec 20, 2017
It's one of those rare romantic comedy who manage to create a strong memorable character to each cast.
Not only the main lead but almost all cast is strong, the Villain is freaking great, the friends, the colleagues, the Ex, the moms, even Mr Byun and Mr Bang is so strong
To add up to it, the soundtracks are amazing, love almost all of them, can't stop playing them on spotify
The chemistry between the main leads is so believable and beautiful ??????
Great job to all people behind it. Highly recommended
Soula
Jul 5, 2018
I really liked Suspicious Partner! The characters were all likable and the plot was very interesting to watch unfold. I really enjoyed the dynamics between Ji Chang Wook's character and the female MC, especially when they didn't get along so well. Ji Chang Wook is a very talented actor and I really appreciate how well he can capture and portray a variety of characters. The ending was great and all loose ends were tied up very well and satisfyingly. The only reason why there's half a star shaved off my rating is because there was a slightly awkward tone/atmosphere that you could barely notice, which threw me off occasionally - but not detrimentally because I still really enjoyed it! The grandfather was a hoot!

teriyakitofu
Jan 6, 2019
I'm going to be upfront here: It took me a year and a half to finish watching this. Let me explain...

I started watching Suspicious Partner live as it aired in 2017. As both a fan of Ji Chang Wook, and Choi Tae Joon, I had high expectations that I was going to love this.

But during the course of the show, something recurred which spoiled my enjoyment: The pizza product placement storyline. And I will call it a storyline, because the PPL in this is NOT subtle. This drama soon started feeling like one big long pizza commercial. By episode 29, I finally rage-quit in disgust.

However... Over the passage of time, I began to wish I'd stuck it out, because I heard that Dong Ha's acting continued to shine in his role to the very end. So this weekend, with episode recaps in hand to help me skip past the pizza scenes, I picked this drama back up again and finally finished it. And I'm so glad I did - Dong Ha's character is so marvelously yummy good (and evil, of course). A couple of the minor characters are mildly annoying, but not enough to irritate me too much. (Well.. except the pizza character - I swear I'll never buy that brand of pizza in my life if I can avoid it.)

In conclusion: Worth watching (But recommend you skip the pizza scenes).

Story 6.0 (points were deducted for the PPL storyline)
Acting/Cast 9.0 (point deducted for the pizza character)
Music 7.0 (sorry, I felt like the music didn't fit the scene at times)

llama
Nov 18, 2017
I have mixed feelings about this drama. I'm sure this applies to most people but I'm not really a fan of obvious plots. The main reason being it takes away the excitement of needing to know what happens next. And for me, that's the most thrilling part.

Don't get me wrong, I think this drama started off really well. But at some point, I felt as if they were only trying to complicate things to make the plot seem a little more interesting. Character growth is a little slow in as well, however, that can be overlooked. As far as endings go, though, I think they did an exceptional job at wrapping everything up and even leaving a nice bow on top of it all.

With a cast this talented, it's hard not to fall for this drama. But if you know me, you know that I've always appreciated a good villain. I even found myself sympathizing with the antagonist. Is that wrong? I mean, I just spent the last 40 episodes watching this dude dig himself a deeper and deeper hole. It's only natural that I would feel some type of way for him.

But I have to say, if there's one thing I love the most about this drama, it's their original soundtracks. I especially love it when the actors/actresses themselves take part in it as well because it gives the drama a much more significant meaning.

Overall, even though it wasn't a smooth ride from start to finish, I think this drama did enough right for it to earn the gift of being recommended. However, if we're talking about rewatch value, then that's a different story. Personally, I wouldn't rewatch it only because there was nothing that stood out to me or left me begging for more.

With that said,