Suspicious Partner (2017) poster

Fluffy
2017 KDramas w/Best OST

Sinasina
Mar 27, 2019
I enjoyed watching the first 1/3 A LOT, enjoyed the second 1/3 moderately & I found the last 1/3 (before the one hour long ending) boring & predictable. The truly amazing acting performances are semi ruined by the script. There isn't any writer's creativity here. It's like they took the procedural story from "I Can Hear Your Voice" & they added the plot twist from Healer, but unlike in Healer they tried their best to ruin all the good that they've built, milking the stupid twist to the max. Others have mentioned that they could only finish watching the show, because of the interesting villain figure, well I did not find him interesting at all, by the time I reached the later episodes I only continued watching to see the inevitable happy ending. The procedural parts weren't interesting, I did not feel very engaged with any of the miscellaneous cases. The mental problems of the villain just made me yawn.

Despite all the negatives I'm still giving it a 7.5, because the acting performances were really spot on, the romance despite the retarded separation was quite awesome. The humor deserves some praise as well, I did spit out my tea that one time.. I liked the ending double episode too, liked it a lot in fact. It's nice that there was no triangle, I really hate triangles.
I Can Hear Your Voice & Healer are MUCH MUCH MUCH better than this one, but nonetheless this is still entertaining enough & I felt that it was mostly worth my time.

Wisdom
Apr 22, 2019
Enjoy the show. Repeated second time after 7months of first watch.
Lead actor and actress made a perfect companion for their roles. Realised the effort on make up to show the actor has consistent insomnia.... Supporting roles have incredibly blend into the story to deliver a comedy part of the drama. The drama contained suspicion at the same time..jovious...happy...sad..the truth behind that will keep you chasing after the story ..worth watching the third time....bought the DVD to keep for future recap....????????????????????????????
Cheers! ????
Dramaaddicts
Oct 25, 2018
Initially I Felt Like This Drama Is Not Up To My Expections Or Else It Will Only A Usuall Ordinary Rom Com. But Throughout All Episode It Was Quite Intesting And All Lead Actors Done Their Job Perfectly. Everone Defenetly Fall In Love With That Female Lead Character Eun Bong Hee. she Was Just Very Cute And Extrodrinary Performance.

Yes There Is More Chance Of Feeling That It Is Not Everyone Cup Of Tea either. The Romance Between Ji Chang Wook And Nam ji Hyun Worked Out Really Well. So Cute And Cheerful To Watch. And Am Ok With 40 Episodes Because I Didn't Felt Like It Was Too Big Drama That Each Episode Contain Only Half An Hour So It Is Watchable For All Audience

There Was Some Mistry Hided In The Main Plot And Also A Serial killler Chasing. No Lag Or Boring Part At All .. This Is One Of The Best Watchable K Drama So Far .. Really Liked

dev1310
Apr 28, 2019
SP is one of the best dramas I've ever seen. The plot reels you in, the actors are perfect and the romance makes your heart sing. I love how mature the characters are and there is no annoying love triangle. It is equal parts humorous and sweet and the added element of suspense as they try to find the killer is the cherry on top.

The main antagonist gives a superb performance that is memorable and I really enjoyed that the drama would steer you in one direction and then suddenly swerve to deliver a great plot-twist.

The romance is very sweet and neither of the main characters are pushy or groan-worthy about it which was such a relief. Their development from friends to lovers was enjoyable to watch and Ji Chang Wook really is a treat for the soul.

There are many hilarious scenes and lines and all the credit should go to the actors and writers for their hard work.

It's been about a month or two since I first saw SP and it has still stuck with me- the hallmark of a great show. If I could, I'd want to watch it all over again like I'd never seen it before because it was really that good.

Catherine Hsu
Jun 3, 2019
Surprisingly, I found myself more emotionally invested in the murder plot than the ship. I'm not saying the ship wasn't cute, which it was—but it was also some back and forth wishy-washiness that kind of annoying after a while. I didn't really like how they kept keeping secrets from each other—this is always the most frustrating thing in dramas because you just know that realistically being honest would have made everything so much easier.

The actor for the murderer is honestly SO GOOD. That courthouse scene is one scene that I will definitely keep rewatching because of the small gestures and facial expressions, and just the raw emotion that comes across in that scene. Amazing. That guy deserves to be a main lead. Though I don't think I could ever see him as anything other than a murderer now because of this drama, haha.

ivoryblood
Nov 30, 2018
this could've been ten times more amazing. this drama had so much more potential. there are some big flaws and some minor flaws, and if these stupid things weren't even there, this would've been mind-blowing goodness. it would've been astounding and amazing and every thing else that counts as good stuff. but the biggest, biggest problem in the drama was its pacing and it's length, and judging from other reviews i've read of this drama, many other viewers would agree with me.

this was too slow-paced, and it was dragged out way too long. instead of making 40 episodes, even 32 episodes would've been better, with the shortened version of 16 running an hour long each. things went much too slow, and their portrayal of the lawyers and prosecuters had so much more potential too, and in certain scenes they were great (ji chang wook roasting the shit out of hyeong jyeong soo or the legendary criminal in court is literally to die for) until they weren't anymore. most of the drama was supposed to be about bong soo, and i remember being so happy watching the first episode and knowing it was going to be one hell of a ride, but you get to the last ten episodes, and everything's about no ji wook, no ji wook, no ji wook. don't get me wrong, i want my fill on ji chang wook just as much as any other fan, but the drama and plotline were supposed to be mostly centered around bong soo and her backstory, and in the end, we barely knew anything about her anymore. it was . . . the length of it ruined everything, and in it, a lot of important things got lost in it too. what happened to that man who could sometimes predict the future and predicted that two people in that room would die? he died. who else died? i don't think mr. bang died and came back to life.

it wasn't as if the entire drama was dull and lackluster. in fact, there were several scenes that almost rekindled the spark i felt at the first episode, and those scenes i found in episodes 38, 39, and 40 actually, though they were spread out towards several of the other episodes. but agh, the length of it bothered me so much. if it was paced faster, this could've been hella better, man. and speaking of rekindling sparks, let's talk bong soo and ji chang wook. damn, i hate it when the woman chases after the man and i felt embarrassed on bong soo's behalf when she literally dragged him after her, but it was still comical. but that aside, their romance. what happened? the length of the drama happened. i come back to the length every single time. their spark kindled, died out and you could barely see it (like did they even care about eachother anymore?) and then when it came again, it was literally just a small, tiny piece. it was . . . if the drama had fewer episodes, their romance could've been portrayed in its full beauty, because aside from the matter of the kindling on and off, when they were in the feels, they sure as hell were in the feels and put you in the feels too.

and the last and most important aspect of this drama: i loved jyeong hyeong soo up until we found out about his involvement in the rape. if there was one big twist, ji wook framing him as one of the rapists was definitely one of them. i got so attached to their killing treasure (well he did attempt to kill mr. bang but i tried to see him in the good light, he portrayed an amazing villain) and up until the part we find he was a loSER WHO SAT BACK AND WATCHED THE RAPE HAPPENED KILLED EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF MY VIBES. FOR HIM. so up until we find out that part, i loved that guy. the criminal part of the plotline was amazingly delivered though, and if it weren't for the pacing, it would've gone better. every bad things comes down to the pacing, period.

i'm not done yet. eun hyeok was an adorable treasure, and speaking of him, what really happened? did they actually cheat? did they not cheat? nara asks him whether he ever told ji wook the "truth" and that makes me wonder whether they actually slept together or just almost slept together. that got lost in the plot too, and i didn't see proper chemistry between her and eun hyeok. nara's character, on the other hand, was a sulking, brooding, pitiful, pathetic woman who. could've. been. portrayed. so. much. better. you see her in the first scene kicking butt, and you love her, and then you see her demanding ji wook take her back and being pitiful when he says no, and it makes you wonder what the hell happened to the wonderfully badass character we saw the first time. they did horribly on nara's character. she remained pitiful and pathetic through and through, with no meaning or actual backstory to support her at all. so much for the badass title of lawyer. we never even got to see her successfully win a trial either, and when she pursues anything because of the team, she's told off by her manager (is he her manager?) about what crap she is and she should just leave. her and the other girl (the one who helped bong's ex cheat on her) could've had better character development and intensity, but both were crappily done from somewhere in the beginning.

purtysunshine
Feb 24, 2019
This drama was on my radar for a long time as it comes from the same writer as Protect the Boss and also has Ji Chang Wook in it (swoon). But I think I had read some comments somewhere awhile back that made me hesitate. I’m so glad I decided to give it a chance anyway. I LOVED it!

While the overall serial killer arch wasn’t nearly as creepy as I Remember You (also by the same writer) there were some interesting twists I didn’t see coming and the plot still had enough suspension and tension to keep you pretty invested throughout.

This writer also has a knack for writing heartwarming second leads and supporting characters. I really did love the whole cast! Rather than filling in those spaces with the a-typical (for example) bitchy second female lead, the forlorn and depressing second guy, the rich overpowering and stubborn old man, and the evil, spoiled mother...these roles were instead filled with love-able people who might not have always been “good” necessarily, but you end up enjoying them more for all their flaws.

I ADORED Ji Eun-Hyuk and his never ending adoration for No Ji-Wook. He certainly did him wrong in the past, sure, but he lived his life every day trying to make up for it and their interactions together were just so hilarious and sweet.

Cha Yoo-Jung really grew on me as well. Even though she was positioned to be the cheating ex-girlfriend who comes back and tries to steal No Ji-Wook away..she was never really all that detestable. The writer managed to throw in enough humor and just “human moments” into her character that you can’t help but like her despite it all.

Same with Na Ji-Hae. She started out as a character I was worried that I would hate but both as an enemy and a friend to Eun Bong-Hee she became rather like-able in the end.

Eun Bong-Hee herself is probably the only character I really took issue with. While I liked her *most* of the time, she had moments that really put me off. I guess No Ji-Woo was just so damn perfect it was hard for her to match up to that. But still, there were a lot of situations where he was so understanding and reasonable while she just immaturely acted on her own under the shadow of “sacrificing herself for his sake” when really it was her just being selfish and cowardly.

I get her misgivings but while he was saying “okay, let’s think it through.” She wasn’t even willing to try. Ji-Wook didn’t take things at face value. He was always a voice of reason. But Bong-Hee always lost confidence, and this happened repeatedly...which was all the more frustrating because it was such a good opportunity for character growth and I don’t really think she ever really grew out of that tendency.

Having said that, even during the times she pissed me off the most, she was always quick to recover and make up for it...so I can’t really begrudge the drama too much for that. Overall it was really great, and I would highly recommend it!

Gabby
Jul 8, 2019
This is the first drama I watched in the half an hour format, and I felt it contributed to the repetitiveness of the story. The plot itself didn't seem to have enough for 40/20 episodes, and because they were only half an hour long, you could expect a rewind in the beginning of each. There were also A LOT flashbacks. It took me nearly a month to finish this drama, when I can easily get through them within a week.

I am a big Ji Chang Wook fan, and I didn't know any of the other actors in this, but they're good. I felt like the main female lead was a bit annoying, in the sense that she became completely dependent on the male lead through most of the story (in a financial, emotional and career related way). The romance was weak to me. It started off strong, but it became almost meaningless as the story progressed... which, in a way, was actually good, because the conflict was dragged for so long it would have been maddening if I had been anxiously waiting for those two to be together.

The two second leads were very likable, too, and I look forward to seeing them in other projects. I also enjoyed the soundtrack very much - the main theme isn't for me, but the love ballads in this are very beautiful.

Overall, this wasn't a bad drama, it just didn't really hold my interest.

Out of all
Apr 11, 2019
The female lead in here is really outstanding. She's only the one that could bring back home the awards out of all the nomination. She really deserves the award tho. I cry for every scenes that she portrayed in here. Eun bong hee is one of the character who was independent and tough girl in kdrama land. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Bali
May 6, 2019
This drama is a very good crime, romantic, and suspense thriller. There’s good chemistry among the lead couple and the remaining cast, and the antagonist did a great job also. The drama drags but it always comes back with a new twist. This drama offers tragedy, betrayal, camaraderie, a bit of comedic moments, and a nice romance to exert all kinds of emotions. Although Nam Ji Hyun (as Eun Bong Hee) did a good job, there were instances in which she could have done better, but having Ji Chang Wook as the male lead character (Noh Ji Wook) was the force that kept the romantic aura going. There’s also the flawless and great performance of the antagonist played by Kim Hyung Gyu (Dong Ha) as Jung Hyun Soo. This drama delivers entertainment! Enjoy it!

Chuidian
Dec 27, 2018
I watched a lot of trailers, I have read a lot of reviews, I did hesitate before I started watching this drama and I must say this drama is really amazing, it was superb!

The story, it was really great. The plot is so interesting. There was so much happening in this drama, it was just right, not a slow-paced nor fast-paced drama. I'm looking for more dramas like this one, so if you know a few, please recommend some for me. Thank you!

The actors are really good. My first drama of Ji Chang Wook and oh my goodness! He is super cool. We all need a man like him. He is so natural and indeed a perfection! The chemistry with Nam Ji Hyun is just great but I had to admit, Ji Hyun's acting sometimes gets too cute and it makes me cringe but no I loved her acting in this so much and I'm planning to watch Shopping King Louis and I hope I will not be disappointed.

The music, uhm.. I didn't get a chance to pay attention to the soundtracks because I'm really immersed by their acting so...

The rewatch value would be 9 and I will definitely watch this again if I have a chance!

If you like Romance, Thriller and Law, this is just for you!

nasimzhosein
May 27, 2019
I have watched 100's of Korean drama and it seems as though most of them can't end normally. This drama is no different. Too much flashbacks, too much music interruptions. Story started out very interesting but lost it from the middle onwards. Some key points, the mother's were given minimum air time, which mother doesn't visit their child in the hospital, took too long to identify the characters. In life when people break up for valid reasons they don't magically fall in love again. This drama tried to please the audience by creating a happy ending but it just doesn't fit the history between the two partners. Not worth watching. If writers need a hand to end a drama, I will gladly help out. Don't be fooled by who is acting in the dramas, as many do. the story is not believable from the midpoint. They should have made it more realistic, rather than a "fairly tale"