Kuragehime

hailightdramas
May 28, 2018
PLOT: A story about finding a better version of yourself without having to change drastically or forcing yourself into certain norms or standards that society makes you believe are necessary to have. I really enjoyed these important (!) aspects of this drama. Although it feels very manga/anime-like and can be a bit exhausting to watch (for me at least), it has so many important messages: gender neutrality, definition of "beauty" and "success", support of all kinds of body types and various forms of relationships. Well done!
CHARACTERS: A bit over the top for my tastes, but I think it's on purpose. However, great acting and authentic character development! (Plus, I loved Kuranosuke's fashion <3)
SCENERY: The Amamizukan is such a nice place to live, I would move there in an instant! Also, the whole jellyfish theme: so aesthetic!

Would recommend to someone who: likes jellyfish ('cause they are like everywhere haha) and fashion / wants to watch something that breaks a few cliches / feels kinda otaku / wants to learn something about life and how to survive in a healthy way

Bri
Apr 22, 2018
Normally I wouldn't rate a show I'm reviewing a 10/10 but there really isn't anything that I didn't like about this show! (other than not being able to find it very well online, and when I did it had poor sound quality, BUT that is not the show's fault) I watched the entire anime, several times, in fact, and I loved this drama! I feel like yes, the acting would be a bit over the top for someone who hasn't seen the anime or read the manga, HOWEVER, I thought it was right on point if not better. The characters were represented really well. Since I didn't finish reading the manga, I only had the anime to base the story on and I loved the continuation of the story. I've seen in the comments how people have their panties in a twist over the ending but coming from someone who watches mainly Kdramas, trust me, it could be a lot worse. I quite liked the ending, I got everything I wanted out of it. I would definitely watch this again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Taran
Mar 27, 2018
I started watching Kuragehime because of Seto Koji so I didn't know what kind of story this drama had.

I didn' t watch the anime or the movie so I'll just write what I felt about it.

First, the overall acting was just overreaction. I guess thats what I had to expect from a manga based drama but I'm not a fan of overreacting movements so I had a hard time stopping myself from cringing.
Second, Seto Koji dressing as a girl was surprisingly natural I was mad at myself whenever I saw the mirror. (I would really believe he is a girl if I only see his face.
Third, the end of the drama was trying to teach lessons so I was going "Ey I live as I want" but I guess some people who have no brains might learn some pretty OBVIOUS stuff.

Lastly people just watch this cuz Seto Koji was a complete precious boy here. (I mostly skipped him as a girl.. It made me test my gender

Skipping him as a girl was literally skipping the whole drama...... what am I even saying.....