Should We Kiss First?

Sunnie
May 1, 2018
This drama is so poignant and beautiful. It shows how to appreciate life and celebrate it. This drama is all about dying to live and living to die. We all die someday but learning how to live is what's important. That's what this drama stresses about. I don't know how many times I cried watching this. Till the end this made me cry not because it's sad but beautiful.

Started as a comedy it turned into pure melo. This is slow-paced yet beautifully done. Son Mu Han really grew on me.

Coming to the acting this is my first drama of Kam Woo Sung. He did exceptionally well. I'm going to check out his other works. Kim Sun Ah as always she nailed it. (I'm a fan of her.) Their chemistry is no joke. All portrayed their roles well.

Music is so good. No matter how good the drama is if there's no good music it won't be remembered well. This drama has many beautiful tracks. Totally loved the music.

Whenever I feel down will re-watch this for sure. It made me feel optimistic about life.

Beautiful story, beautiful acting, beautiful music and beautiful cinematography. That's what Should We Kiss First? is.

P. S: Loved the 'City Hall' references. The city hall station and the beauty pageant.

Yak
Apr 29, 2018
My Two Bits:

It's not a tragedy. It's a story on
how to laugh your way through pain;
how age does matter but then again So What!
how to celebrate being Alive

It's funny, it's sexy, it's painful and it's thoroughly Satisfying. I left the room with a Happy Sigh.

Married people Shud behave like This and I want to have friends Like That!!!!

The rest is just your personal preference after you've invested in at least 4 - 5 episodes of your life.

1 from my many many Favorite Bits.... lets me make it 2:
So Nagging Can Be Sexy too :D
Check for the keys 1st :D :D

Frann Anderson
Apr 6, 2019
While this drama focuses on a love story between the main characters Soon Jin and Moo Han the “love stories” go far beyond this couple. The story between Soon Jin and her best friend Mi Ra who is fiercely protective, fiercely loyal and fiercely committed to loving her friend through every heartbreak is incredibly powerful. You find the same deep compassion between Moo Han and his best friend who also happens to be Mi Ra’s husband. There are several “parent/child love stories” that eloquently portray parenting ‘s pains and joys.

The secondary story of Mi Ra going through menopause brings out the best in her marriage. While lashing out at her husband he remains loyal, kind, loving and committed to seeing her through to the other side.
Mi Ra has such depth an entire drama with her as the lead could easily be done.

This drama is about not giving up even when things look bleak and the fact that the characters are “mature” deepens the story and shows what mature love in all forms looks like. Well written, great acting (Kim Sun A and Ye Ji Won your best work to date) great directing— I can’t find one thing wrong with this drama.

Jordan Chalmers
Mar 21, 2019
Well I finally finished Should We Kiss First, what a beautiful drama. I will say it was not all roses though.

First it started off sort of like a romantic comedy, then different parts of the story were revealed that unfolded into a much deeper narrative. This drama was an emotional rollercoaster at times (well most of the time), in fact there was a period in the middle of the series where it was just painful to watch, I cried, laughed, got angry, fell in love with characters, hated characters, and was totally annoyed by some, but in time you came to realize there were reasons for most of it.

The backstory was amazing and just heartbreaking as well, but the real soul of the entire story was the love two people held for each other, the pain they felt and shared, the obstacles they had to overcome, the absolute unshakable love they eventually embraced. To live every day as if it’s your last for another person, just amazing.

I really like a few of the other characters as well. Soon Jin’s friend Mi Ra was hilarious and such a good friend to her, through thick and thin, an unbreakable bond. I Deun, Mu Han’s daughter was also a great character with so much emotion and sincerity in her acting, I was really impressed.

I actually was full of anxiety about the ending but when it eventually came I was pretty happy with the way they ended it, though the bastards kind of pulled a gotcha which made me crazy. The gag reel really helped as well to release some tension.

In the end it was just amazing. When it does start getting difficult fight your way through it and you will be rewarded with fond memories and peaceful thoughts on love and life.

Apr 29, 2018
What looked like a supposed comedy drama has become more of a melodrama, so it comes down to Should We Kiss First ?, two disillusioned adults who rekindle the flame of love in their broken hearts. Two middle-aged single people who are afraid to venture into marriage and still lonely enough to try to be in a relationship is not enough to be innovative, but the narrative was written intelligently, a drama that the more time passes the more mature the story stays, there is a very engaging character interpenetration that gives one something more. Tecnicamnete is flawed but supplies with the beautiful story, but I have to admit that I somehow lost my initial desire to watch this drama, but as the story unfolded I came back with the interest, the main criticism is the ending, which horrible end. Why not give them a happy ending to encourage mature people, that there are still many chances of a happy to make up for some things in previous life, unfortunate!