Three very different young men – Dong Goo, the bad luck incarnate who dreams of becoming a film director, Joon Ki, an eccentric actor who performs to make a living, and Doo Shik, a freelancer writer who fiddles around doing nothing most of the time - open a guest house named “Waikiki” in Itaewon where many foreigners come to stay. Although they have no clue how to run it, they’re eager to earn money to pay for the production of their upcoming film.
Joined by Dong Goo’s younger sister Seo Jin, who actually manages the household in Waikiki; single mother Yoon Ah, who has made an unexpected landing in the guest house with her mysterious baby; and Dong Goo’s ex-girlfriend Soo Ah, they all start living together in an uncomfortable and suspicious atmosphere.
Watch Eulachacha Waikiki Episodes Online
Cast & Credits
The first episode had some potential to keep me going. Weird and unusual moments, embarrassing moments, romantic moments, depressing moments, the story kept going on and on and every situation is so exciting to watch. As it progressed, it became more hilarious, more exciting on romance, and more tense (in some parts). You will jump and scream from romantic excitement because of the couples AHHH! I got to admit that in the last 2-3 episodes, just a pinch of scenarios didn't really rouse me but most parts did really made me laugh and excited. This is perfect for most of you (depends on your taste) especially for me since I get stressed most of the time, this is my stress reliever and you can't just watch this in the middle of the night because you might wake your whole family from laughing too hard (LOL!). Definitely a great light drama and it deserves more recognition indeed.
The cast did an amazing job as always. But the STAR of this drama is SOL! YES! GIVE HER AN AWARD! I got to admit Jun Ki's character was annoying to me during the start of the drama but as it progressed, his character became likable to me and I feel thankful for that. Other than that, the lead and supporting actors/actresses did a superb job on their acting. The chemistry of the couples is also amazing! And I love the bromance too. <3
I would REWATCH this in times of depression, anxiety and stress! The OST is amazing and I can't stop listening to it.
This is one of the dramas where you will feel like you are forgetting everything that surrounds you when you're watching this. For those who haven't watch this, PLEASE! WATCH THIS. THIS IS REALLY GOOD!
(SEASON 2 PLEASE!) T-T
I won't go for a long review, so here goes-
- The comedy element, in this drama, is definitely at its best. I mean, is there any other drama where we have seen a girl with beard issues? I wouldn't think so. (If there is though, do tell me!). And that's just one of the many hilarious things that never failed to make the viewers laugh.
- Aside from the comedy, the drama also had its emotional moments. Although they were never so many that I'd call this an emotional drama. But it certainly managed to make the viewers go from rotfl-ing to "awwww"
- Romance factor was also nicely done. This drama is one of the very good examples of rom-com. Although, if I were being honest, I'd say that the comedy surpassed the romance. But it never overshadowed the romance. The pairings were fun to watch.
- Same goes for all the main six characters. All were fun to watch. But if I had to choose a favorite, it would be Joon Ki. I loved him because he was hilarious, but I adored him because of his caring side. All those scenes where he was trying to cheer up Seo Jin were so so cute!
- And how can we not talk about Sol? That baby was the show-stealer! She was simply too adorable.
- One flaw though, that I just have to mention is Yoon Ah 's character. I felt like her character was simply too one dimensional. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked her character at first. But while all the other characters had some unique attribute that made them appeal to the viewers, it's like all Yoon Ah had going for her was the fact that she was a single mom. But after they stopped focusing on the single mom thing, it's like her character became somewhat...dull. That's one of the things I wish they had done better.
That's about it for the review! This is a wonderful drama and I really hope you give it a chance.