Ma Fuya(Ruby Lin) is a princess of the Chu state in 10th century China. In this time of warring kingdoms and political upheaval, Fuya's uncle usurps the throne, and brutally wipes out her family. Fuya bravely takes on the quest of avenging her family and restoring her kingdom, no matter the cost. Loved by both the Prince of Shu Meng Qiyou(Yan Quan) and the Prince of Northern Han Liu Liancheng (Wallace Huo), the exiled princess becomes entrenched in the Shu court succession struggle, and the battle between their contending states. Rising to power amid war, romance, and betrayal, what fate awaits Fuya, her people, and her love? Add Synopsis In Portuguese
Cast & Credits
Story - 8.0/10
The story in this was actually quite good, very entertaining but at times a bit unrealistic and far-fetched. It did keep me hooked right to the end. Down to the last minutes of the drama, I was wondering how on earth the conflict would resolve itself. The weakest parts for me were the final episodes since I almost didn't bother with finishing it and the ending felt weak. However, the majority of the storyline was highly entertaining so I'd give it a higher rating.
Acting/Cast - 7.5/10
I've never seen any of these actors before so I thought they were all good. The actors accomplished the characters' motives well - the villains most notably. When they were evil, boy they were evil. Unfortunately, the characters themselves didn't work for me. I can't think of one character I liked in this drama, which is unusual for me. But still, the actors played their parts well and there are some whose works I'll definitely follow up on.
Music - 7.5/10
I'm an OST kind of girl but sadly I couldn't find one song from this that I liked that much. The music was appropriate most times, just nothing memorable for me.
Rewatch Value - 4.5/10
At the end of the day, this drama feels too long for me to rewatch it. Give me a year or two and maybe then, but not the whole thing. There was just so much in this that I feel exhausted thinking about it.
OVERALL - 8.0/10
Definitely a good drama. Not great or magnificent but one worth watching. Just don't try to marathon it - you'll get exhausted quickly (because I know I did - I had to take several breaks in between!)
many people wrote the reviews already i am just adding some facts about this series :
1. this is Ruby Lin's first series as a producer. She is an investor as well and asking many other party to join the production including HunanTV which already bought this series before it filming (also as one of the inverstors)
2. Ruby is the one who keep asking Wallace Huo to acts in this series, she said she need asking 3 times to him till he accept it (according to Wallace in his interview he said that he only had 1 month to finish this series since he using his holiday time to accept ruby invitation). Ruby is keep say Wallace Huo is the one who fit in this character (although many other actors already in her waitlist to replace Wallace, but she keep asking to Wallace Huo until he accept it).
3. Liu Kuan is the first actor confirmed as man lead months before filming starts, he knows ruby from the other series which cooperate together.
4. HunanTv is the one who need to be blame of the ending parts. It keep changing the time schedule to this series. N suddenly HunanTV announce that this series airing right after Bu Bu Jing Xin (due to high rating of BBJX Hunantv take the chance to make this series had a good rating too). but the editing team dont have time to edit right away, with the 3 eps each day mon-fri, no time to do a good cutting for the last episodes.. thats why if u watch seriously, u will feel the different plot from the beginning and the ending, at beginning it quite slow introducing one and one characters, at the end kinda rushing to finish). PLUS, HunanTV also change the total episode (it just rumour that HunanTV is the one cutting those ending episodes from 48 to 42 ep so the original one is 48 episodes >.<)
5. this series makes Ruby Lin as Best Producer in TV Drama Award in China in that year.
6. Ruby was hurt by Wallace Huo's furry cloths, her eyes were allergic to furry so during filming she was go to doctor for few days to check her eyes.
7. this series is made from a high recommend online novel. about one woman who loved by 3 Kings but she can't be the Queen forever.
I know this series isnt perfect but i do know my idol, she doing her best to this series. i dont satisfied too much to this series, but i can understand why.
Many of actors(actress) who come this series because of her. Like Wang LIn (who played as Ruby Mom in other series) said she thanks to Ruby who give her a chance to play her character so she can change her image and do have change to act with Kara Hui (both are well known actress)