Liar Game 2

Jeaniessi
Oct 31, 2011
This review is going to be shorter than the first for obvious reasons.

Liar Game 2 is a continuation of the first and all the same elements of the 1st Liar Game are in play in this second installment.

The premise is the same but the games are different. I liked that for Nao, the stakes are higher. She gets involved with the games for a purpose and her over the top hope for finding the truth and honesty in humanity becomes a real part of the plot. Again, the relationship between her and Akiyama further solidifies as the games go on. There is character development. Not just for the leads but other character/s as well.

I actually liked the games in this one better; higher stakes, bigger losses, twistier games. All good things!

If you like Liar Game than Liar Game 2 is a natural progression. Why stop at the first when you get a chance to re-enter this strange world? I highly recommend this sequel.

clearlywatching
Jul 30, 2012
I watched this right after finishing the first season. And wow. This one had more complex puzzles..but didn’t have enough new ones. :/ I might just be being picky..But still the show was amazing. Characters were played awesomely. Deception is really big in the drama and always keeps you guessing at everyones real intentions. Actors were fantastic. This season was about flaws in every character and each actor did their part to making the show come alive. And wow…I will totally watch again. Didn’t like the way it ended though… =/
sakurahain
May 29, 2012
The continuation of the first season. This season was very entertaining, just as good as the first season. The characters were just as colorful and briliant as before. The way they explained everything kept it so I could understand what was going on. The show had some good twists and turns. Again I could hardly predict what was going to happen. If you want a good puzzle then I recommend this show.
Xuro
May 11, 2012
Great series, watched from the first season all the way through. Kept me interested and on my toes. Although having to sit through explanations of the "sure win" strategy that never work got to me a little, the fast pace, creative characters and overall setting kept me enticed. The psychological factor in this movie played a huge role in my decision to watch, and I am glad to say I was not dissapointed one single bit.

Akiyama, and his "enemies" all were very appealing but once again sitting through Kanzaki Nao's failures that made the "sure win plan" fail was painful. With Akiyama's quick and creative responses the pain was only short lived. A top 5 for sure.

prinny157
Apr 13, 2016
Although the second season got a slightly higher rating, I actually was more excited by the first. Perhaps this is because Liar Game is a tournament, therefore although the games are different, it can get a bit redundant... especially with the acting. I realize that millions of dollars are at stake here, but too many overdramatic characters just annoys me to no end.

Speaking of Akiyama, with each episode he seems to get more and more arrogant. I roll my eyes at the fact that Akiyama always has to one-up everyone, like his grudge against Katsuragi Ryou. I actually kind of felt bad for her. Also, right when I thought Nao finally beat Akiyama to an insight, Akiyama had, of course, "already thought of that." Fine, don't praise her for finally thinking for herself. Which brings me to my next point: if Akiyama is getting more and more cocky with every episode, Nao is getting less and less annoying/stupid/naive. She finally becomes a stronger player, which makes her goodwill even more endearing.

The games were as risky as usual, and the psychological battles even more intense. No longer is the game obviously Akiyama's. Oh, no... he has a competent rival - the only person ever to defeat him, Katsuragi Ryou. One thing I loved were the touching stories! Although I had quite a few complaints, it was overall a great sequel.

I do recommend this after watching the first season, but please don't stop here as the movie is a must-see! I also highly recommend the manga, which differs a bit from the drama in an intriguing way.

khjfan01
Sep 3, 2014
I like Liar Game 2 as much as I did the first one. Again, it was enjoyable.

Things I liked: Matsuda Shota, Nao got smarter, Fukunaga,

Things I didn't like: making Nao out to seem like some kind of savior, Nao's stupid smile after she's "saved" her rivals, the false notion that this drama is smart when it's actually not, the stupid cop with the gold tooth.

Did I say how much I liked Matsuda Shota? I LOVED him okay! Honestly, he makes the whole drama for me. Plot is pretty much same. Not much different, except I will say I like the three games at the beginning more than the games in the first drama. Not much to say, but I wanted to leave a review since I just finished it a couple days ago. Doesn't wrap up at the end, u'd have to watch the movie for that. Again, wouldn't recommend if ur looking for something smart, but if u saw the first one, I'd say go ahead and watch this one. Didn't disappoint me.

Jenn
Sep 4, 2016
An incredible 9 episodes that will leave you wanting more, yet leave you feeling extremely satisfied with the results. I wasn't such a huge fan of LIAR GAME but I decided to give LIAR GAME 2 a shot since I was curious on how the story will end up. This time around, I'm seriously obsessed with this show.

While only 2 rounds were played throughout this drama, they were both extremely riveting and interesting. I'm not sure if they themselves were intriguing or perhaps it was how it was played out by the characters.

I love seeing Nao, Akiyama and Fukunagi return, stronger than ever. While the stay true to their character, you can really see how much they've grown within the 2 year gap period. Not only was the character development great, but their relationship as the three musketeers (or you can say the amazing duo and the funny sidekick). Their bond was unbreakable despite all the risk. They brought such amazing qualities to the plate that made the drama felt complete. Gold tooth guy and mysterious worker girl were mysterious and creepy as ever, but they added the tension to the story that kept me intrigued. We're also introduced to new characters that don't seem to make an appearance in the Final Stage, but I loved their stories equally as much.

I read a review previously about how much they loved the music so I started paying more attention to it this time around. I can honestly say that the OST is the most unique but underrated thing you can find. it's thrilling, sort of like video game music. It makes the game more lively and spontaneities and adds a sense of "what the heck?" to the drama, which is what you're supposed to feel when watching.

All in all, LIAR GAME 2 was hella epic and one of my new favourites. I cannot wait to see how The Final Stage ties it all together.

XiaoMei
Aug 16, 2011
I honestly say that Liar Game 2 Season2 isn't worse then the first part. Both are on good level. Unpredictability, tension, misterious rival Shinichi and Fukunaga without a sense of style.

Nao gives me a headache again. I though she learnt life a little if she started cheating too, but nooo....

I miss Yokoya... he was such a curious human. Katsuragi Ryou can't replace him. In my point of view, the confrontation between her and Shinichi was just unfair, because the main character was using the BRAIN, but she was winning only thanks to MONEY. I know - Liar Game, however, she could be lost without cash.

Hmm.. this season is strangely divided. There aren't the final stage, but we need to watch the movie. Really, they could make just one story.