Perfect Proposal (2015) poster

Noona Romance
Watched 2017

apxril
Jun 21, 2015
It was sooo goooood. I enjoyed watching the movie so much!!!! First half was just chill.. but not boring. Half way through the movie I was just frozen because of the intense scenes. I was so scared of Sungyeol... his character reminds me of Jitae in Werewolf Boy. I am reminded again of why Yoo Yeon Seok is my favorite actor. Even with that fact, this review is not biased. He and Im Su Jeong did an amazing job at acting. So sexy of the two of them in swimming suits. Dohee too! The story was good. The Cinderella concept was portrayed well. It will make you really focus on the details. Although some people might find it predictable. (I kind of did, but doubted haha) Didn't really gave so much attention on the music cause I was too focused on the story. It was mostly just sound effects. I guess it wasn't a problem. Actually that is a nice thing, they managed to make a movie that's not boring despite having mostly just sound effects. The filmography was nice too. Overall, I really liked it. This has been added to my favorites and I'd surely rewatch it again (specially the yacht scenes!!! *swoon* ) I recommend it to people who wants to feel the adrenaline rush~ and see the sexiness of YYS! lol now that comment is biased hahaha

LeejLicious
Sep 4, 2015
I loved this movie!!
The story is unique and they exectued it perfectly. It has suspense, romance, drama and it offers you so much more. The setting is actually realy simple but all the details made it great! I felt all kinds of emotions and I so freaking love plot-twists and this movie just has it all for me!
The actors were so convincing. I loved the main leads but also every single supportive role. They lived up their role and I've never doubted them once in this movie.
The music gives you the right vibes with every scene, they fitted nicely in the scenes.
I would rewatch this movie! It has just all the themes that I like and they did is quite perfectly.

Watch this if you like suspense, drama, romance and plot twists.
Don't skip this movie, I think it really is a must watch.

Mitta
Jan 3, 2016
A departure from my usual genre, I decided to take a turn into the dark side with the thriller Perfect Proposal. It is one of those movies that is not spectacular but it is also not a dud. It’s got enough suspenseful moments and tingling clues to make me want to continue watching. It’s less about whodunnit but more about how will it end kinda suspense.

A university graduate who fell on hard times and accepted the “perfect proposal” with a catch. The over-analytical in me questions the plausibility of Ji Yeon even considering such a proposal. She doesn’t come across as the silly, money grabbing airhead with a killer bod or pretty face. She’s rather ordinary but this is where the show departs from the usual stock character of a femme fatale. She’s smart but vulnerable. She is charming and attractive without being seductive, the exact qualities the antagonist Lee Seong Yeol sought her for; the winning combination to carry out his carefully designed plan against his father,

Overall, the story, unlike its namesake, is not a perfect movie but it is entertaining and offers sufficient twists and subplots to keep me guessing. When I thought I’d it figured out, it still manages to surprise me almost all the way to the end. I like the use of the cinderella concept in this context, but with its own interpretation and outcome.

The three big names, Yoo Yeon Seok, Im Soo Jung and Lee Kyeong Yeong’s acting is rock solid, giving us powerful emotions with their eyes and facial expressions. Soo Jung as Ji Yeon is fragile in front of Seong Yeol but controlled and restrained when she has to be in front of Seok Goo. Rising star Yeon Seok is perfect as the ambitious and confident bad boy Seong Yeol while Kyeong Yeong is more than convincing as the foul tempered, terrorizing father and boss, Seok Goo.

Sexual tension without the sex. Even the kiss is subtle. Yeon Seok and Soo Jung burn our screen with enough chemistry to spark the romantic in all of us.

The rest of the multi-ethnic cast fit right in but not too memorable except maybe for Do Hee and the adorable chihuahua.

The ending is expected and yet also unexpected. A nice mix of creepy moments, a twist of the forbidden love, and some unexpected turns. Overall a nice filler if you are looking for a thought provoking thriller but not over the top angst.

Don't recall the music and is it a re-watch? A Maybe for me.

Ivana M
Mar 1, 2018
To sum this movie up in one word is.......... INTENSE! Don't let the title fool you! I watched this film without reading what is was about and I was expecting a really romantic film, but that's obviously not what I got and I'm glad that's not what I got. I do highly recommend to watch this even if you're not a drama thriller kind of watcher, but trust me I'm not into these films either but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. So to sum up this review just watch it, it will blow your mind!
Linus
Aug 20, 2017
I can't say that I liked the movie. It seems like it consists of two completely different movies strung into one. It didn't seem right to me. If you like dark, suspenseful movies then the first half was way too long. On the other hand, if you got interested in the family drama, it got cut way too quickly. I guess that the twist in the middle surprised me in a way, but it was put exactly in the middle of the film that I don't think it was a good idea. I watched the first half of the movie and got kind of interested in where the story is going and then after the twist just quickly fast forwarded to see how it ended. Despite really good acting, I wouldn't recommend it.

Avid24Fan
Jun 23, 2016
This movie lives up to its expectation (at least for me). I was satisfied with the whole plot, and that twist in the middle. I did not expect that to happen, though.

I've always loved Yoo Yeon Sok's acting, he brings the character to life and I was quite intimidated by him at some points. Im Soojung is great as usual, she has this innocent air around her, but I like the variety of emotions she brought to the table.

The genre is exactly romance & thriller. The first half you will get YYS courting her, then after an hour, the exciting parts kicks in. The pacing of this movie is perfect, not too fast, and not too slow. Overall, it is a satisfying movie to watch. But it's not a movie I would watch again though.

Sakarya
This movie was exceptionally terrible and I feel completely hoodwinked by the 7.5 rating as well as the glowing reviews. Thank god I found a free version because if I ended up renting it through YouTube, I would have felt robbed.

Where do I even being with how horrible of a let down this once? The plot is nothing grand or fresh, but it definitely had potential. about half way in, I'd already come up with about 7 different possible storylines for where the movie could go and let me tell where, none of them were even close to how it actually panned out. And that's not in a good way.

You know what? This movie did well in having such predictable and corny plot twists, it became a plot twist in itself!

Either way, this was the corniest, most painful Korean movie I feel I've watched ever. What the hell was that ending? I really cannot believe how much of a copy cat it was of certain plot points in classic American movie. On that note, this story read like an amalgamation of overvalued action/suspense movies that somehow remain popular within the culture.

Do yourself a favor and do not spend your time watching this insipid "movie," I really thought i choose a good one but boy was I dead wrong

WonByungHoon
Oct 23, 2017
Wow that was some movie. The temptation and  mystery around it made u glues to the screen. I've always loved im soo jung ever since i saw her in a tale of two sisters. Shes one of the best actresses in korea so i def had to watch . yoo yun suk was good in reply 94 but hes alright. She innocently gets caught up in a simple deal that would eatn her enough money to pay off her debts from the loan sharkers but it went south. The ending was great and satisfactory. I would love to see a part 2 so we find out their lives afterwards
DsFred
Oct 5, 2016
Un film bien écrit. Une fin surprenante auquel on ne s'attend pas une minute avant d'y être plongé.
Dans l'ensemble j'ai pas mal aimé ..
Les acteurs jouent bien.