Mimi

• Country: South Korea
  • Aired: Feb 21, 2014 - Mar 14, 2014
  • Aired On: Friday
  • Network: Mnet
  • Duration: 1 hr. 10 min.
  • Genres: Mystery, Romance
  • Tags: Time Travel
  • Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

Jo-hannah
Mar 21, 2014
Well, I just finished this drama and there are good things and bad things about it

1) the idea is good: I mean the story itself is really good and in the first episode it began really strong and with that mystery that hooked me up since the beginning, but since episode 2 and so on, it became a little weak, and not that well executed to me... it somehow lacked the mystery of the 1st episode and the story lost emotion... That's why I think that it is a good idea, it's a good story, but how they told the story wasn't that awesome.

2) Photography was Daebak!: That's what I loved the most about this drama, it was extremely well executed in that aspect, the camera work, the colors, the feeling that the visual aspect gives, was great.

3)Acting: Well I must say that Changmin did a really good job and to me was almost flawless, but Ga Young didn't do such a great acting, I mean it wasn't a bad one, but it wasn't that good. It just felt a little fake sometimes. But in general her and everybody else's acting was good.

4) Music: I loved the music used in this drama, each song fit so well with the entire feeling of the drama in general.

purplenette
Mar 16, 2014
This story isn't new and I have seen it done better. First of all, for a drama that is only four episodes long, I really was tired of rewatching the same scenes over and over. The premise is good, but the actual show is kind of boring. If you like this type of drama, then I recommend Nine: Nine Times Time Travel. It was much better.

The young Moon Ga Young is totally adorable as Mimi. Chang Min does well as the really cute and tormented Min Woo. No amount of good acting could make this short drama good though.

The music is pretty good.

I won't rewatch this, but I think it is rewatchable considering it is only 4 episodes.

It is only 4 hours of your time and you may like it more than me. However, I don't necessarily recommend it.

waterbird12
Mar 16, 2014
This is such a sweet, beautiful story. The mystery element to the plot is quite well done but even having finished it I think I will like this show more and more after rewatching.

The soundtrack is excellent and matches the moods of the story well. There are of course ballads but I especially liked the instrumental bits that reminded me of Joe Hisaishi at times.

The acting is not half bad. Moon Ga Young especially impressed me, she has matured quite a bit since I saw her in Heartstrings.

The best part for me is how visually aesthetic this drama is. Every scene drew me in and uses scenery and setting to communicate a lot.

Not too long, not too short, bittersweet in a perfect melding of happiness and heartbreak, this is perfect for a rainy afternoon. Mimi is going right next to Pride and Prejudice on my list of things to watch when I'm sick in bed and just want to relax in front of some lovely cinematography with a majestic soundtrack and touching dialogue.

shinypher
Mar 21, 2014
I read that there are a lot of good and bad reviews for this drama.
In my opinion it is just that you have to be a little bit in the mood to watch it, and not hoping for something too happy.
It is a dramatic drama, and the main topic is not the girl; "is she died or is she still alive?" is not the main question, the main question is "what happened to HIM? how will HIM fight the situation?"
That's all.
I think people misunderstands since the plot is full of mistery, so they focus on the wrong elements.
The story is nothing much, just a lack of memory and then the main guy who can remember again. It is good because is filled with mistery, good characters and places (the Lupin thing is just "OMG this place and this thing is so good!"). It is enjoyable but I have to say to me it is more like an introspective view in the difficult life of someone who is living without knowing an important part of himself.
Speaking of the casting, I liked it.
I remember Changmin in Paradise Ranch, and I have to say he improved a lot. In this drama he was very "pokerface", but it was so much in his character. His expression, even though it was the same all the time, was full of feelings. When he cried I felt like crying too.
He wasn't fake at all. He was just in his character.
The same thing for Mimi. The actress made a good job with her character, because from the beginning till the end you could see the differences between them and the importance of her personality in his life.
A thing I liked but not so much, was the music. Even though it was good, it wasn't the best for the drama.
But it is only my opinion.
Overall, I think it is a good drama, good to watch if you feel like "oh, I have nothing to do and I am in the mood for something depressing."

gwenp29
May 28, 2014
I finished the drama. I guess I'm not as picky as some of the previous viewers. I actually liked this one. I kinda knew the ending before I watched but it still didn't stop me from wishing it could've been different. I'm kinda surprised a lot of people were confused with the plot. I think it was good. The intro before each episode could've been shorter and there were some scenes that made me go whaaat? But overall I liked it. And the songs, I'm so inlove with all of them. This is the first drama I've watched with Changmin in it so I can't really say if he's better or not. I do like him. And Ga Young, she wasn't that bad. I thought she was cute following him around. I would definitely re-watch it later on.

Jim
Jul 16, 2014
Well.... Mimi was in my opinion a pretty decent drama, i must admit that when i firstly started watching it, i was like "Wtf is happening?" namely i was really confused as far as story and what happens was concerned, but this all changed once i got the hang of the story and what was happening, near the ending everything got clear and you could watch it with ease without wondering, i must say that it had one of the greatest endings, and one of the BEST stories ever, it was not your typical "Boy meets girl, boy has rich girl but doesnt like rich girl and falls for the poor girl" story, but a very deep story that cant be grasped easily from the beginning of the drama, DEFINETELY SUGGESTED FOR EVERYONE!
The only downside is that i fould its Rewatch Value really low, but that shouldnt discourage from anyone to watch it!
Jal - gah - sae - yo!

Feb 23, 2017
Mimi was more to mimimimi, without salt, lacking seasoning in this drama, history half confused and badly elaborates, does not excite, does not convince, only thing that was just worth the main role being played by Mun Ka-Young but she was not in his best form.
Overall a medium, good drama to pass the time and get rid of boredom.