Glorious Day

Nijura
Oct 6, 2014
Firstly, I want to say this: I loved this drama! This drama was amazingly warm-hearted and it always made you smile.

To be honest, I started to watch this drama because of Park Se Young. I wasn't really aware of the other actors (except for Kim Mi Sook and Jung Man Shik).

This drama is presented as a family drama and this description suits it very well. Everything in this drama is about family and I liked it that way.

I was a bit worried to watch Glorious Day, because 50-ep dramas usually scare me off but then I gave it a chance and I made a really good decisions. Unlike other long dramas, this drama was fast-paced and every problem got resolved very quickly (max. 2-3 episodes)

I was really addicted to this drama at the beginning. I even watched SBS live, so I could see the episodes as soon as possible. Then my addiction dropped, but this drama still became a drama I was looking forward to watch, because it always made me smile.

STORY
I loved the story in the beginning. It was fast-paced and gripping, then somewhere in the middle it lost its spark for a while but regained it very quickly in the last episodes. Unfortunately, this drama was cut down to 44 episodes in the end (because of the ratings in Korea) and honestly, I don't think that this drama deserved it. However, despite that, the writers did a great job with the ending. I was smiling like crazy. I could compare this ending to It's Okay, That's Love. I think this ending was just perfect for this drama.

ACTING
As for acting, most of the actors did a great job, but I could have seen many flaws in their acting. However, because of the storyline and chemistry between the actors, I just didn't pay so much attention to it. By the way, I loved the chemistry between Park Se Young and Lee Sang Woo. If I should pick an actor who did the best job, then it would be Kim Hyung Kyu, in my opinion. He is so young, and he did an amazing job! Really talented!

MUSIC
The music was kind of so-so. But the original songs were perfect for the story. I loved how they used trot songs.

If you are looking for a heart-warming drama, with a great chemistry between actors and you have a free time to watch it, then, please, don't hesitate and watch it! It's worth your time!

DreamingKoreanBallad
Oct 7, 2014
I loved every minute of this drama, it has made it to my top 5 Family dramas (of this length) ! Best family drama of 2014 so far!

Story: a divorced mother of 3 girls ends up moving next door to her "oppa" and when families meet sparks fly (good and bad) lol, we see the process of her daughters falling in love and there's someone for the mother too ;) anyone who likes family dramas, this is one you aren't going to want to miss!!!

Cast: Jae U (LSW) my personal favorite and probably the "main main" male lead - his characters never fail to make me fall for them - he was a true sweetheart <3 Da Jeong the second eldest daughter and my favorite female lead. In U who is a bit childish but funny at some points, sometimes I was a little annoyed but most of the time he'd pull a smile from my face with his childish ways - especially around his brother ;) Da Ae a pharmacist who comes to love a man with a teenager, she was nice but I hated the way she'd cry. Da In the youngest daughter a photographer and finds love along the way too - hers was shown the least but it was cute when it was shown. Seo Lee, a lot of people didn't like her - but I liked her since the first time we get to see her, she was always nice although a bit materialistic at first (I knew that would change). Then we have the grandparents - I loved them!!! Whenever they'd sing "what about my age" I'd sing along with a smile on my face :D Min Shik a very nice warm-hearted father (love it when this actor plays a good decent guy). the only people I never really liked was Shin Ae - aggravating through almost the entire show (although it never ruined the drama for me b/c all the rest of the characters wouldn't give in to her) & Ho Jang (the girls despicable father). Hee Joo a mysterious man a first, I always wondered why he was always with Da In but after a while I kind of figured it out and then things were revealed - I liked him for the most part. Ji Ho - he was cute, especially when his father came one time and we find out he takes after his daddy hehe ;) the only complaint I had about Song Jeong is her clothing!! it looked like she was in rags for most of the drama. Goong Young, I liked him "uncle" he was very persistent but never annoying - he was special.

Music: most enduring song: What About My Age by Hong Jin Young - I love that song so much!!!!

Re-watch value: 10/10 I will definitely find time to re-watch this drama someday :D

Nelly
Nov 13, 2014
OVERALL
Good filler drama to watch when you have nothing else to watch or need a break from action-packed, overly-emotional or melodramatic shows. It won’t make you pull your hair out in frustration, but you won’t feel too much for it either. Just don’t watch if there’s anything better within your grasp.

THE STORY
Typical boy-meets-girl, boy-loves-girl, girl-gets-tortured-by-crazy-mother-in-law main plot that is 100% predictable, and accompanied by some of those clichéd elements that are absolutely hateful, such as the very old big-and-terrible-illness. On the other hand, this is a story with no meddling, so-annoying-that-you-could-kill-them third wheels in couples. It is light, bright and significantly more drama-free than others. The prejudiced ends up being prejudiced against, which was ironic. Also, despite all the clichés, it is a show that seems more “modern” or open-minded than most, because things that make crazy melodrama and meet controversy in other shows due to being unacceptable in Korean society (eg. marrying a single parent, dating a minor, loving a divorcee with kids, etc.) are ultimately displayed as perfectly fine in this show.

THE ACTING
This is not a show in which you’ll feel convinced by the love stories. There was zero chemistry between the main protagonists (or in other couples, for that matter); the romantic scenes could only make you smile – not because you are entertained or touched by the love of the characters, oh no, but because you feel how fake the scenes are and wonder how awkward it was for the actors to film them. I can’t say that individually, the cast did not perform well. Especially the senior actors, they were quite good. I also can't say that siblings didn't feel like siblings, or parents, like parents. But since a lot of the show is about the different love lines that develop, I need to feel something when I watch them, and that was mostly not the case in this show.

THE MUSIC
Not much for my interests. It was funny and quite cool that there were old-fashioned songs (I’m not going to say trot songs because I’m not sure it was trot) in the main soundtrack of the show – that is, because I like old-fashioned songs. It was not as funny or cool that the characters were singing one of them all the time though – joke got old, really fast.

REWATCH VALUE
Mm….I’m sure I’ll always have something better to rewatch when I get bored.

ChaEunJoo
Oct 21, 2014
This Drama is one I was really hoping to watch and I was so disappointed. I really love Park Se Young as an actress so I watched this for her. The story started out really well but episodes along the way just got more plain. I felt like I have seen this done before in many other kdramas. The main couple was a snore and I got more interested in the minor couples than them. The cast was spot on I just wish the story wasn't so predictable Kdrama! I have seen this all dont before. I found myself skipping parts because of how boring it is. There were no intense main villains or cliff hangers. The ending was so rushed that I just didn't like it at all.

I only cried like a few times. This drama is not worth the 40 episodes even for Hongbin of Vixx. Park Se Young did a great job but I needed more angst between the main couple not just like 3 episodes. If you are a fan of her you should watch it other than that I wouldn't spend my time.

venni
Dec 1, 2014
Glorious days is a family drama about two families and their relationships with each other. Whether you like or dislike this show is all up to whether you enjoy seeing every drama cliché in the book infused into one series.

Recommended :
- IF you like to see dramas where there are many couples and you see how they end up together.
- IF you care more about drama and romance instead of an interesting story.
- IF you are not bothered by low budgets.
- IF you want to watch a drama with many different age groups in it.
- IF you haven't tired of people &quot;accidentally&quot; falling on top of others...

Glorious days is very similar to other family dramas I've seen. The story is okay, but it repeats many themes you've already seen before if you have watched family dramas. They could've done so much more. The worst part of the storyline is that it is VERY predictable. As I said before, if you like predictable and cliché things you will enjoy this drama greatly. It caters you with lots of cheesy romance and it will tell you the story of multiple different couples of different ages and situations.

Acting/cast:
The cast was okay, but there were a few weak links that make the drama feel a bit flat and forced. I also had trouble relating and caring about some of the characters. This might be the writer's fault, but an actor should be able to make you care about their character even when the character is flawed in many ways. The cast also suffered from typecasting issues - you had too many actors you've already seen so many times portraying the EXACT same character.

The music was absolutely awful at some points. They even had a song that was almost ripped straight from the Super Mario soundtrack. There was no uniting theme to the music styles used and I don't remember hearing a single song with lyrics in it. All-in-all it seemed to be very low budget.

Rewatch Value:
I can't see myself ever watching this drama again. There were no super dramatic or super romantic scenes I would want to go back for.

Overall:
I was quite disappointed with this drama. A lot of people said it was good, but for me I was cringing throughout the series at the story and acting. I wanted to enjoy it, but there were a few characters that made it almost unbearable to watch. It's difficult to watch a family drama if you like some characters and hate others, because everyone gets their share of screen time. Another thing that added to the suffering was the stereotypical and really conservative story and characters. I feel that this drama was probably designed for Korean ahjummas who have very old fashioned values.

If you like dramas like this please instead of this one watch: Ojakgyo brothers or King's family. They are a lot better in so many ways.

ParkChohwa
Oct 7, 2014
And they lived happily ever after!!
I'm crying still. How will I miss this drama! I got attached to every single character and they almost feel like my family now. Well-written and well-acted. The best family drama I've ever watched. Portraying the hardships of life while keeping that ray of hope in the horizon.
Hazel
Aug 3, 2017
This is such a lovely family drama, so many wonderful characters. Some of my favourites below:

Grandmother and Grandfather - These two were definitely my favourites. They were so cute together and the love between them. Especially in the later episodes when he looks after her. Also him asking her to sing for him. Grandfather was also one of the best Grandfathers in kdrama world, he was so wise and smart, made great decisions most of the time and stood by right and wrong.

The Uncle - Oh how much I disliked him at the start! But grew to love this character. So thoughtful. How did he stay single and unmarried for so long. Mum and Uncle