@Aramintai This is like the literal doomsday ending. Right after episode 20, where she was mind-controlled into killing a bunch of innocent people and even her future husband, she attempts suicide and Jin Mu brings her back again to turn her into a more powerful version of a mindless terminator at his disposal. If Bu-Yeon’s soul couldn’t stop the bell in her own body, she 100% can’t stop the bell in Naksu’s body. Naksu continues to assassinate high-ranking people unconsciously, meanwhile Jang Uk trains to near-Hwansu level with the help of Master Lee and the ice stone and hunts down soul-shifters. I guess Jang Uk will one day encounter the mindless version of Naksu again and this time it’s a full-scale all-out fight where Jang Uk comes out on top slightly and unmasks the mysterious assassin. Judging from her techniques and fight patterns he suspects her to be Naksu, his former master, and takes her far away for further investigation, then maybe he discovers the soul ejector’s curse on her soul and cures her, and finally we have an actual reunion between master and apprentice, however bittersweet it may be.

But you know why they won’t write it like this? There are so many problems with this approach. Number 1, the unbelievably cruel treatment of the FL already made a ton of people extremely upset and this theory is like episode 20 on steroids. Number 2, Jin Mu has almost 0 soul ejectors left, he doesn’t know how to make new soul ejectors and even if he does, he doesn’t have the ice stone. The whole point of Jang Uk’s sacrifice in episode 19 is to end the ice stone crisis, so it is close to impossible for Jin Mu to perform AOS. Number 3, Naksu’s soul returning to her own body ( +Bu-Yeon ) again runs into the risk of petrifying. Unless you say Jin Mu orders her to not only kill people, but feel free to absorb the energy of innocent people to stay alive. At that point you’re just pissing the whole world off by creating a completely irredeemable FL that will most likely end her own life as soon as she regains consciousness, it’s a vicious cycle. This is not good storytelling this is just sadistic for the sake of it. That’s not what the Hong Sisters are into. Therefore, even if it requires some magical mumble jumble or divine power mumble jumble, they would absolutely not go with this “Jin Mu wins again and Naksu is under his control again” route. There’s just no way.

ShinHyeSunFan6021023:
At that point you’re just pissing the whole world off by creating a completely irredeemable FL that will most likely end her own life as soon as she regains consciousness, it’s a vicious cycle. This is not good storytelling this is just sadistic for the sake of it. That’s not what the Hong Sisters are into. Therefore, even if it requires some magical mumble jumble or divine power mumble jumble, they would absolutely not go with this “Jin Mu wins again and Naksu is under his control again” route. There’s just no way.

After what they've already pulled off and today's news I'm not holding my breath that they'll treat FL with any respect anymore. They sure as hell didn't with Mu-Deok by nonchalantly wrecking her happy ending, making her an irredeemable criminal and sending her to her death after making her witness killing her lover with her own hands. If that wasn't cruel and sadistic already I don't know what is. And today's news said JSM is not returning in part 2, meaning Bu-Yeon, the innocent victim of this all, will not even get a resolution and just be ditched.

In any case, it's just a crazy theory in a thread about crazy theories. But I think it's less crazy than some extraordinary divine intervention that creates bodies out of nothing.

@Aramintai Actually…the whole Jin Mu putting her back into her own body route can kinda be done in a tasteful manner but it requires a super sci-fi / Marvel-esque approach. This requires a conversation and complete cooperation between Jin Bu-Yeon and Naksu in the soul realm. Let’s say that time passes much slower in the soul realm, doesn’t seem to be too far-fetched of a mechanic to add. As time is running short, Jin Bu-Yeon straight up tells Naksu who she is and says, “Ok, last time he caught me off guard. I wasn’t sure what sorcery he used therefore I wasn’t able to stop it, and then we messed up. Killed a lot of people, we can’t afford to mess up again. Upon closer inspection of the soul-ejector powder, I realize that they added something really insidious into the mix and I think I can neutralize it this time because I now know what I should look for. You (Naksu) need to do your part by making an escape ASAP, I’ll lend you some of my powers if you have to fight off Jin Mu for a short period of time, but don’t over-exert yourself otherwise we petrify again. I’ll now go deep into the soul realm, find the curse and destroy it with all my might, get ready. 1,2,3, go.” As the soul ejectors do the work, Jin Bu-Yeon uses her divine powers and her innate ability to sense energy to locate the Choi family curse within the soul realm. With incredible difficulty, she managed to destroy the curse just in time before the curse reaches Naksu’s soul. As a result, Naksu wakes up and immediately runs for the exit. Jin Mu tries to use the bell but it doesn’t work, so he attempts to use brute force and actually wounds Naksu. Naksu then uses an amplified version of the ice wall in episode 1 to stop Jin Mu for a short period of time and then successfully escapes Cheonbugwan. The 2 souls discuss where to go next to get help, Songrim is a major “nope” as Park Jin would kill her, Sejukwon is an uncertainty, Jinyowon however is a decent choice, as Bu-Yeon’s soul can take over and ask for help. If Bu-Yeon asks for help, there’s no way Jin Ho-Kyung would refuse. Thus they entered Jinyowon premise seeking help and…we see the scene presented in the trailer, Go Yoon-Jung Naksu / Bu-Yeon showing up in Jinyowon. This probably doesn’t work if Jung So-Min doesn’t appear in part 2 at all, the soul realm scene straight up can’t be filmed given this constraint, but if JSM can appear for 1 scene, this can work. Later on, they can say “soul takes the shape of the body”, as we can see Naksu’s soul looks like Mudeok instead of GYJ-Naksu back in episode 5, so the later scenes in the soul realm can be filmed with a blindfolded version of GYJ. This can actually work I think.

Conservative_Torch:

Let's continue the legacy of Alchemy of Souls part 1 forum.

Post all your wild theories on AoS part 2 here.

1. Will Jung So Min be a part of part 2?
  2. Why is Jang Uk using Naksu's sword?
  3. Who rescued Mu Deok?
  4. How does Go Yoon Jung appear again when her body was burned?
  5. And any other wild theories are always welcomed 

A MUST WATCH FOR AoS FANS

https://youtu.be/ut8l_mlDY2Y

An edit by Felicity Queen

I've much more questions !

1. Who's Jin Bo-Yeon's father?
2. What happened to Shaman Choi?
3. Why this time Bo-Yeon couldn't help Mu Deok  to prevent herself from getting wild? because Teacher Lee  told that there's celestial power in Mu Deok's body that can control the other soul(Naksu's soul).

and more questions about the stories of Jang Kang and Jo Choong (Naksu's father) and Jin Mu . 

Zeinab Sadat R:

I've much more questions !

1. Who's Jin Bo-Yeon's father?
2. What happened to Shaman Choi?
3. Why this time Bo-Yeon couldn't help Mu Deok  to prevent herself from getting wild? because Teacher Lee  told that there's celestial power in Mu Deok's body that can control the other soul(Naksu's soul).

and more questions about the stories of Jang Kang and Jo Choong (Naksu's father) and Jin Mu . 

1. It's actually papa Jin, he got fooled by Jin Mu that it wasn't him.

2. She got killed by Park Jin's spell while inside the queen's body.

3. Maybe it had something to do with soul curse sorceries being just as powerful. Or a plot hole.

I have some questions. Please.

1. Does Jang Uk know now that he was born with the King's star energy just like Master Seo Gyeong?

2. In EP 19, Uk's Powers were gone, till the end of part 1. How will he get his powers back in part 2?

3. How could Jang Kang still get petrified after many years since his soul-shift with the former King?

4. We saw Naksu's body burned. How could she get back her body back? Would it be the same way as Uk at the ending?

madison:

I have some questions. Please.

1. Does Jang Uk know now that he was born with the King's star energy just like Master Seo Gyeong?

2. In EP 19, Uk's Powers were gone, till the end of part 1. How will he get his powers back in part 2?

3. How could Jang Kang still get petrified after many years since his soul-shift with the former King?

4. We saw Naksu's body burned. How could she get back her body back? Would it be the same way as Uk at the ending?

1. Now, maybe. Before his rebirth, I don’t think he knows. After his rebirth he might start to piece things together and figure that out, but even then he might think the rebirth was thanks to the ice stone in his body. He’ll find out soon enough in part 2.

2. Probably by training with the help of Master Lee. Remember, he is the chosen one ( the king’s star ) and now that he’s got even the ice stone inside his body, he will get a massive power-up in part 2, way more powerful than he was back in part 1.

3. After switching back with the King, Jang Gang is still a soul-shifter. The passing of time does not change that. As you can see from episode 8, Gil-Ju’s alchemy of souls failed and his soul went back to his body, yet he went wild regardless. Same with Jang Gang. Even though his soul went back to his body, he is still a soul shifter prone to petrifying, he spent like 20 years living with a wounded body and soul, it’s honestly a miracle that he survived for this long. He petrified in episode 19 because he redirected Shaman Choi’s final AOS to himself and absorbed the full power of AOS using his body, severely injuring himself, thus his body couldn’t handle it anymore.

4. As for how Naksu’s body comes back in part 2, uh no one knows. Legit no one knows. Everyone’s theorizing online, some say it will be rebuilt using Jinyowon relics, some say Jin Mu didn’t burn her body (for some reason), some say Bu-Yeon will change her body’s appearance using divine powers (or something like that), some say Jang Uk will use the ice stone to recreate her body (press x to doubt because he was…well…dead.), some say that it’s just a stranger that looks like Naksu (the laziest way of explaining it). No one knows until part 2 presents a definitive answer. All we know is that for some reason Jung So-Min won’t show up in part 2 apparently, not even as Bu-Yeon which makes explaining this much more difficult.

I really hope that both the father and the daughter doesn't have the same fate because of the same sorcery.

Jin Mu and Shaman Choi did the same thing to both Cho Chang and Cho Yeong. You can't repeat the same thing again and again in a drama.

jin ho-gyeong will get revenge on naksu because she stole buyeon's body

1. Will Jung So Min be a part of part 2?

I believe and hope so. She's been rescued in the end of part 1, and we've seen what they've done to Master Kang (in the different body), so maybe we can see them do the same to Mudeok's body? Also it would be a waste to just discard her character like that knowing that the ice stone still wasn't destroyed. She could be a great help for Jang Uk, but then again, Mudeok and Uk already had a talk about it and he already understood its powers even before acquiring it, so we don't know, plus there's still Master Lee.

2. Why is Jang Uk using Naksu's sword?

Jang Gang already 'disowned' him when he sacrificed himself, and Uk was to be stripped of his rights to be the next Gwanju, hence he cannot anymore own Jang Gang's sword. Naksu's sword is only what's left for him, and he probably asked for it when he rose from the dead. He's the only one who was able to see her upclose and he knew she was not herself when she was attacking people. He'd use the sword to find her as "the sword knows its owner" though I'm not really sure as that didn't seem to happen when Jang Uk met Jang Gang.

3. Who rescued Mu Deok?

Definitely Jinyowon people, based on the clothes. I wonder though how they found her in the lake? Unless it's common knowledge for everyone that it's the graveyard for soul shifters then maybe that's it.

4. How does Go Yoon Jung appear again when her body was burned?

This is also a very big question for me, but then again, I guess there are endless possibilities with their magic. They've also shown us how they could prevent a soul shifter's body to completely turn into ashes. They also kept on mentioning about the ice stone bringing back the soul of the dead though they really haven't mentioned if it can also bring an already non-existent body back to life. So I guess it's either her body really didn't turn into ashes, or the ice stone can actually bring a body back to life.

5. I've a question about who sits on the throne before the entertainers in the preview. Looked a bit like the queen/shaman?

I've been rewatching this particular scene to also figure out who it was. At first I thought it might have been Go Won but it most certainly looked like a woman. So yeah, I think it's the queen in shaman Choi's body.

6. Also, with So-i still alive will she be in part 2 and have a redemption arc? Maybe even relationship with Yul?

I think she'd still be there, and maybe at one point she'd cross paths with Jin Mu again where he'd try to use his magic to kill her through the blood parasite and be surprised that she's not affected. And that is what I'm scared of for Yul. Also, I don't think So-i would have a relationship with Yul though....... most likely, if there'd be someone, maybe it would be Yun-ok?  

7. What about Yul and that nasty worm? What will happen to him?

Yeah I've mentioned this above, and I don't know. He might be affected once Jin Mu does his thing, but at the same time, it feels like he wouldn't. I just hope he won't. Ah, for So-i's part, maybe she'd actually tell him about the blood parasite. I hope she does.

8. Will CP turn to the dark side?

Oof, this one's hard. I surely hope not, but we never know. Yeah, he's smart and he's already seen first hand how Jin Mu works, but I'd still totally get it if he ended up turning to the dark side. When part 1 ended, we could already see his frustrations balling up into anger. Jin Mu saw the opportunity and he's taking his chance yet again. We've also seen it when Won suddenly went on a rampage when Jang Uk unsheathed his sword in front of him. He was already that mad when he felt mocked back then, so what more now?

9. Do you think the 1 episode of part 2 is going to start immediately after the end of part 1 or will ther be a time skipp?

Hmmm, they most likely will show a little bit of a continuation from the end of part 1 and then proceed to a time skip. They might as well do what they've done in the first part regarding Buyeon's character, slowly showing and unfolding what has happened these past years as the show progresses. I just hope that they'd execute the timing well, and leave no questions unanswered in the end given that part 2 would just be for 10 episodes.

10. Is Jang Uk searching for and killing all other soul shifter as a penance or is He only searching for Naksu? 

He'd probably figure out somewhere that Jin Mu was the one behind the controlling thing, and so he just ended up finding every soul shifter he'd hear maybe to find Naksu, or to maybe avenge her death if he were to hear Mudeok dying. At that point, he's already considered a criminal for letting an assassin go and so maybe he ended up staying in Danhyanggok, living in the shadows, just like Naksu. It's like coming to a full circle if that happened. Jang Uk using THE shadow assassin Naksu's sword to kill off soul shifters just like what Naksu used to do, but this time instead of being asked by Jin Mu, he's doing it to fight off Jin Mu. 

Do you think Uk already mastered Hwansu in the part 2 preview?

madison:

Do you think Uk already mastered Hwansu in the part 2 preview? 

I just rewatch ep 19&20! Master Lee and Jin Mu said that he is granted the power of the sky. In the ep 19 when Uk and Mu Deok talk about giving the energy away to the sky, they say that power of the sky is beyond the power of the Ice Stone.  I dont know about hwansu, but you will see bad ass Uk(you can see how effortless he is when fighting in trailer for part 2, like when master lee fought him in the early ep)

RickRoss:

I just rewatch ep 19&20! Master Lee and Jin Mu said that he is granted the power of the sky. In the ep 19 when Uk and Mu Deok talk about giving the energy away to the sky, they say that power of the sky is beyond the power of the Ice Stone.  I dont know about hwansu, but you will see bad ass Uk(you can see how effortless he is when fighting in trailer for part 2, like when master lee fought him in the early ep)

I also think Uk power is more advanced now than before. 

madison:

I also think Uk power is more advanced now than before. 

To answer your question about hwansu. We know so far that hwnasu is soul shifter ability(refer to Master Lee). I dont think Uk is gonna shift he soul to an other body…

RickRoss:

To answer your question about hwansu. We know so far that hwnasu is soul shifter ability(refer to Master Lee). I dont think Uk is gonna shift he soul to an other body…

Hwansu is not really the ability to soul shift. Hwansu is just level 4, the highest level of power that a mage can attain.

Jipsu -> Ryusu -> Chisu -> Hwansu

Master Lee is Hwansu level. The ability to soul shift without consequences is a bonus of attaining Hwansu level.