Interesting, it's time for my boy finally master Hwansu level. 

Zeinab Sadat R:
1. Who's Jin Bo-Yeon's father?
2. What happened to Shaman Choi?
3. Why this time Bo-Yeon couldn't help Mu Deok  to prevent herself from getting wild? because Teacher Lee  told that there's celestial power in Mu Deok's body that can control the other soul(Naksu's soul).

1.  I'm not convinced it  is Woo-tak.  Woo-tak said to Jin Mu: "Thanks to that girl, a good-for-nothing man like me was able to marry the daughter of the Jin family."  The implication is that JBY was either born or on the way before he married Mama Jin.

2.  Shaman Choi supposedly died when she occupied the Queen's body.

3.  With regard to the divine power of Bu-yeon's body, the answer will be:  mumbo-jumbo. or, abracadabra. or, hocus-pocus.  In other words, whatever new rule the Hong Sisters come up with, if they even both to do so.  The "story" required Naksu to run wild and therefor she did.  No other explanation necessary.  

Kathryn_51:

1.  I'm not convinced it  is Woo-tak.  Woo-tak said to Jin Mu: "Thanks to that girl, a good-for-nothing man like me was able to marry the daughter of the Jin family."  The implication is that JBY was either born or on the way before he married Mama Jin.

3.  With regard to the divine power of Bu-yeon's body, the answer will be:  mumbo-jumbo. or, abracadabra. or, hocus-pocus.  In other words, whatever new rule the Hong Sisters come up with, if they even both to do so.  The "story" required Naksu to run wild and therefor she did.  No other explanation necessary.  

1. No it was Jin Mu's lies. And mama Jin reprimanded papa Jin while he was in Sejukwon about it. Bu-Yeon really was his daughter.

2. Yea, supposedly. The queen's body sure is dead though, otherwise the queen'd have soul shifted back into it.

3. This is the biggest problem they'll have to solve convincingly in part 2 besides convincing the distraught audience that it was a good call to do this plot twist.

Aramintai:
1. No it was Jin Mu's lies. And mama Jin reprimanded papa Jin while he was in Sejukwon about it. Bu-Yeon really was his daughter.

We will need to agree to disagree on this one.  If Woo-tak is biological father to both Bu-yeon and Cho-yeon, then why doesn't Cho-yeon manifest the same amazing divine powers?  Bu-yeon's father may be a descendant of the original Choi family, but I'm still betting it wasn't Woo-tak.  He clearly cared about her but he stated from the beginning that he wasn't her biological father - because (my theory)  Mama Jin was already pregnant.  Jin Mu suggested the biological father was Jang Kang to feed his insecurity.

Mama Jin said that once she fell for Woo-tak, she never loved anyone else.  Hinting that there had been someone before.

Kathryn_51:

We will need to agree to disagree on this one.  If Woo-tak is biological father to both Bu-yeon and Cho-yeon, then why doesn't Cho-yeon manifest the same amazing divine powers?  Bu-yeon's father may be a descendant of the original Choi family, but I'm still betting it wasn't Woo-tak.  He clearly cared about her but he stated from the beginning that he wasn't her biological father - because (my theory)  Mama Jin was already pregnant.  Jin Mu suggested the biological father was Jang Kang to feed his insecurity.

Mama Jin said that once she fell for Woo-tak, she never loved anyone else.  Hinting that there had been someone before.

Isn't it obvious already? It's because Bu-Yeon was born with the help of the ice stone. Who knows what's up with her? Also, not every family member has to be a superb specimen, it rarely happens irl as well.

And no, it was mentioned that Jin Mu played on papa Jin's insecurities. He lies like he breathes.

And if you couldn't gather what mama Jin was saying to papa Jin and indeed how big of a punishment for him these news were along with his reaction I don't know what to say anymore. But keep denying it if you want.

Kathryn_51:

Mama Jin doesn’t have those powers either. It seems they are only a once in a generation or even rarer thing and likely related to the ice stone. Otherwise Mama Jin and Cho-Yeon would both be like Bu Yeon. Not Just ChoYeon.

ii really think that scene was included to show WT justification for why he was ok sacrificing her but it was clear from Jin Mu’s narration and Mama Jin’s “do you see what you did to our daughter why I’ve never loved anyone else but you” that BY was his. With the help of the ice stone

1. yes. Bcz it's unclear why bu yeon didn't resist the bells. I think it's bcz she's also a result of ice stone. Practically she's alive thanks to alchemy of souls.

2. Either he's possessed by naksu/ He was stabbed with naksu's sword. Maybe there's some connection as he literally came back from dead/ he doesn't have another sword as jang gang's sword is in songrim and he has no ownership to it as he lost his rightful ownership to gwangju position.

3.This is not my theory. I saw it in a video. Jin Cho Yeon and a maid from jinyowon/Jin ho gyeong. I was thinking it would be bu yeon's and jin seol ran's souls (as they said bu yeon may be seol ran's reincarnation/ her powers transfered to her ) /naksu and bu yeon's souls (bcz they both has an immense energy) or just simply the heavens. Naksu got her power back when she was inside the lake. Only this time she didn't really want to live as she just stabbed jang uk to death. So the lake had to do it in order to save naksu / bu yeon./ According to Bu yeon ice stone gives much more than you ask for. Right before Jang Uk died he holds mu deok's hand to symbolize what he said to her about their hand lock being the one and only ring for him. It showed his love for her even though she's the one who stabbed him.  So maybe when he was reincarnated the ice stone's power brings her back. We see the both of them coming back to life in the same time as the ice stone's and king star's powers are shown. 

4.Jin ho gyeong has naksu's ashes and uses the ice stone with Jang Uk's help or by some other way / Jin mu didn't burn her body. He just used some magic trick to show as naksu's body was burning and hid it somewhere maybe in the lake./ Jang Uk's desire for mu deok to not to run wild and pertified. He didn't want her to run wild but to be safe. Bcz the ice stone gives much more than it asked for, maybe naksu's body was able to bring back. Bcz the only way that naksu won't run wild and have her powers is going to her own body. 

https://mydramalist.com/profile/nogeron

9. I think there will be a time gap as they were all so different. 

10. I don't think Uk can think straight. I think he's just fulfilling his destiny. Master Lee said there should be someone who can end the chaos in the world. World is in chaos due to soul shifters so he's getting rid of them.

But if he's thinking clearly most probably he's in search of Naksu. 

shhkarma:

1. Yes

2. After being alive, the first thing Uk would do is look for Mu Doek so he probably finds the sword during his search and uses it. He is able to use it because he has ice stone powers lol

3. I am guessing either the medic granddaughter and her friend OR someone sent by Jin Mu bc he was the only one who knew for sure where she would be.

4. Priestess magic maybe

3. I completely forgot Yun Ok. Yeah maybe that's her. Maybe she got the order from master lee. He always said mu deok doesn't have any malice.

Ahead:

Is it because of the curse that JBY can’t protect Naksu’s soul?

Soul ejectors were cursed by Shaman Choi & JBY is a really powerful priestess so she should be able to protect MD/Naksu from any spells but she can’t protect Naksu’s soul from inner spells. I think she can only protect Naksu from outer spells. Or she just can’t protect if something has been cursed.

Also, JBY hands must be full with stopping her body (MD) from running wild or petrifying completely after Jin Mu forced the power out of MD. I hope Jin Mu lost his mage power cos he said that he will make sure Naksu get her power back even if he must use all his power.

Well, that’s the only solution I can think of for now.

Or maybe Bu Yeon cannot go against it as she was also revived by ice stone powers. She's a soul shifter too. Her soul was revived after being dead in the mother's womb.

Kathryn_51:

3.  With regard to the divine power of Bu-yeon's body, the answer will be:  mumbo-jumbo. or, abracadabra. or, hocus-pocus.  In other words, whatever new rule the Hong Sisters come up with, if they even both to do so.  The "story" required Naksu to run wild and therefor she did.  No other explanation necessary.  

1. I think Woo tak is her father. Maybe he and jin ho yeong met before and probably jinyowon was against the marriage. he thinks she's not his daughter bcz of jin mu. 

Kathryn_51:

Jin cho yeon also has her own powers. But bu yeon is much more stronger as she was revived with ice stone and there's a possiblity that she's the reincarnation of jin seol ran the founder of jinyowon and the one who helped master seo gyeong. 

So indeed she would be more powerful.

I began this two weeks ago but got distracted but here are my Wild Crazy Predictions for Part 2, I’ve given up on “theorizing” because the writers don’t hesitate to change the (i) ice stone “rules/description/power” and (ii) Jin Bu-yeon’s status (dead/shared soul/WTF???) so these focus on characters.  Oh, and ChoDang. Rules.   

I absolutely reserve the right to change at any time, however, the benefit of the "Discussion" page is that it is easy to show edits.  I'll keep track of my wins/losses.  Enjoy. :-)

1. “A really powerful priestess can control people’s souls and trap them to be helpless.  If the priestess traps their powers, even the most powerful mage is helpless.”  Cho-yeon, Ep. _16, Mark 34_)

WILD Prediction:    After recovering the partially petrified body of Jin Bu-yeon, Mama Jin will attempt to extract/shift the soul of “Naksu” from the body and trap it in an inanimate object. 

• Side note:  after calling Jin Bu-yeon (or perhaps Jin Seo -ran) a “relic” of Jinyowon, this would be the ultimate karma for Naksu. 

2. "They say whoever breaks the yin-and-yang jade will never have a long-lasting relationship.  If you break the yin-and-yang jade, they say the person you love will never love you back.”  Mu-deok to Cho-yeon, Ep. 7, Mark 23.

Prediction?  at beginning of AoS Part 2, Jin Cho-yeon and Park Dan-gu are married but estranged.  (According to a tweet from Arin, Jin Cho-yeon and Park Dang-gu ARE officially married.).   Jin Mu will conspire to marry her off to the Crown Prince.  One way or another, the jade eggs will bring them together and the adorable ChoDang couple will reconcile. By Episode 30, Cho-yeon will be pregnant with twins – one boy and one girl. {My personal note:  my two kids are boy/girl twins - I'm biased!  and VERY blessed.]

3.  In July, many cast members traveled to Daegu (??) to film in a new location.

Prediction (?):  The celebration shown in the Part 2 preview will be at Seoho Fortress honoring a visit of Queen Seo Ha-sun and this is when we will meet Yul’s uncle Seo Yoon Oh.   This will occur early in Part 2.  Hopefully Part 2 doesn’t begin there -  we need some transition.

4.  My Wildest, Craziest Prediction:  When the body of “Naksu” is "revived", her first words will be: “Hello.  My name Mu-deok, I’m from Sari Village and I was sold to Chwisenoru.”

Is she Cho Yeong?  Jin Bu-yeon?  I have no idea.  But my guess is that we won't have answers for several episodes while the entire MDL fandom goes stark raving crazy over  WHEN-will-Jang Uk-and-"Naksu"-meet???

Posted:  September 13, 2022

I feel like the reunion scene in part 2 will be quite epic, Jang Uk will either recognize Naksu by her technique and use of Tansu, or, it will be a poetic parallel with episode 1 where he recognizes her by her eyes ( preferably with his sword on her neck just like in episode 17 with Jang Gang ). Not too far-fetched or unrealistic of a prediction.

Now let's talk about a somewhat far-fetched prediction / idea. Someone on Facebook theorized that Part 2 might be about Bu-Yeon in Naksu's body, basically the situation in part 1 but reversed. That got me thinking. Is it possible for Naksu to gain some of Bu-Yeon's memories during the process of getting a new body so that she can pretend to be Bu-Yeon for a short period of time? Imagine if Naksu meets Jang Uk again, she remembers what she did that day and feels very guilty, therefore as a sort of coping mechanism, even after the reunion with Jang Uk, she keeps her distance and pretends to be a different person ( i.e. Bu-Yeon )? Kinda like the somewhat cliche "it's best if I stay away from him to protect him from me" trope. Given that the title for part 2 is literally "Light and Shadow", there's no way it is not about Cho-Yeong (Naksu). What if, at the very beginning we would be tricked into thinking "Bu-Yeon's back" but turns out it was Naksu all along? Maybe we get an interesting parallel with episode 18 where Jang Uk gets into massive trouble, forcing Naksu to drop her act and use her full power to save him, and then Jang Uk confronts "Bu-Yeon" about her act and reveals he knew she was Cho-Yeong the entire time due to small and insignificant habits and micro-expressions ( that most people would overlook, but not Jang Uk since he lived with her and knew everything about her far too well? ) This would be the REAL reunion scene of Jang Uk and Naksu. Maybe this is a bit too predictable and overused in Kdramas? lol. Still, kinda interesting to think about. Hopefully, they release a poster soon because there's only so much you can analyze in a 40-second trailer XD

ShinHyeSunFan6021023:
I feel like the reunion scene in part 2 will be quite epic, Jang Uk will either recognize Naksu by her technique and use of Tansu, or, it will be a poetic parallel with episode 1 where he recognizes her by her eyes ( preferably with his sword on her neck just like in episode 17 with Jang Gang ). Not too far-fetched or unrealistic of a prediction

i can't wait for this