Right now, I am finding myself in a dilemma too. I am torn between kdramas and anime and am trying to catch up on both at the same time but I don't think a single human can do that.

Lol just alternate days like I do

I think I can relate with you. I feel old for it.

I used to love when I was 8-12... then watched a few years ago, felt so nostalgic. Now I just feel dramas are much better. The last animation I liked was Your Name and SAO. Inuyasha was still my favorite ever, but I feel to old to star watching new animes. 

But I guess is just personal preferences. The style changed and also did us. But there's nothing wrong in still liking it.

I FEEL THE SAME!! Now I'm in my 20s, the anime series coming out just don't hook me like they used to. Although, the movies (Your Name, Silent Voice etc) these days are really leaving me in tears and  bring back those feelings I had when I watched all the early 2000 anime. The CG and soundtracks have really advanced and I can appreciate that even if I'm not as obsessed as I used to be. Also, I think its just nice to watch real live people every now and then as you get older? I couldn't stand dramas as a teen!

@SillyIlly if you know  any movies, could you share? I loved Your Name and I also liked Silent Voice... but I couldn't find anymore of this kind :(

I'm in my 20's too... is it a 20's syndrome? lol

userbmc:

@SillyIlly if you know  any movies, could you share? I loved Your Name and I also liked Silent Voice... but I couldn't find anymore of this kind :(

Try everything Shinkai Makoto has worked on. All of his works are simply stunning.

Here are a few:

5 Centimeters Per Second

Garden of Words

The Place Promised In Our Early Days

SarahEm:

Try everything Shinkai Makoto has worked on. All of his works are simply stunning.

Here are a few:

5 Centimeters Per Second

Garden of Words

The Place Promised In Our Early Days

Thank you!!

I'll definitely check out some of the movies mentioned here, am a big fan of Makoto Shinkai but "Your Name" does not give the same vibe as some of his older movies, it seems happier than usual? but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I've been told it's highly rated partly because it's non-controversial and appeals to every type of audience, something that can't be said about his other movies.

So I'm seeing a lot of replies that mention getting older being the main reason for lack of enjoyment from anime.

While I completely agree with that, and I can see that anime is more targeted towards the younger audience, I want to bring to our attention that anime from our childhood is not necessarily the same as anime nowadays (that's what this thread is about), maybe older anime wasn't always targeted at younger audience? who knows, that's what I'm trying to figure it, if at all possible.

userbmc:

If you try Shinkai's other movies, be especially careful of 5 centimeters per second, it's my favorite but not for the lighthearted, same could be said for many of his other works. I would start with Garden of Words, for the amazing art if anything.

Something more similar to "Your Name" might be:

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Summer Wars
Hayao Miyazaki/Ghibli movies

Jay:

If you try Shinkai's other movies, be especially careful of 5 centimeters per second, it's my favorite but not for the lighthearted, same could be said for many of his other works. I would start with Garden of Words, for the amazing art if anything.

Something more similar to "Your Name" might be:

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Summer Wars
Hayao Miyazaki/Ghibli movies

I watched Summer Wars and liked very much!! Thank you for your tips!

Sorry, I think I didn't express myself well. I indeed lost a bit of interest as a got old, but I still watch it, but not often. But as I got to know dramas and live actions, I got more interest in it. I think is just a personal preference. My sister is one year older, loves animes but hates dramas. 

I sure agree that not all animes are for the younger audience. When I watched a few later I could see that the humor not for kids, at all!!

For me, what definitely changed is that I used to like action animes before. As I got old, I tried a few of this gender, but couldn't pass 1 or 2, so I think this made me "give up" of this gender. Now that I am older, I just watch drama/ romance/ slice of life. Yet, I'll just look for it if I don't have any new drama and a lot of free time. 

One thing I think is that the drawing are much more softer now. I personally like the new style more than older ones. But maybe for older anime fans, the art style was a signature.

I loved anime from 6th grade to the start of 8th grade, and its been  awhile but honestly now I just feel like something is missing from  anime. It doesn't have the same feeling as watching something live  action rather than animated. I feel that dramas have more life to them,  and honestly I just enjoy them more too. I took a long break from anime  as I discovered dramas, and now I just feel like I cannot go back to  watching anime.  

Irusu:

I loved anime from 6th grade to the start of 8th grade, and its been  awhile but honestly now I just feel like something is missing from  anime. It doesn't have the same feeling as watching something live  action rather than animated. I feel that dramas have more life to them,  and honestly I just enjoy them more too. I took a long break from anime  as I discovered dramas, and now I just feel like I cannot go back to  watching anime.  

"more life" is an interesting way to look at it, but I agree, I also feel that drama has more life to them, which is sad because I used to find anime to have more life than drama.

I feel like anime nowadays lack passion. Too many adaptations compare to original ones. With original projects, one can see dreams and passion being poured into it by the creators/show-runners. But even original projects nowadays feel half-baked, like they're not being funded enough, and just generally not trusted to be a success unless they got some popular name in the staffs list. At best, either they end up heavily relying on its pandering quality, or copying elements from other already popular shows and become a hybrid instead of an original.

Can't blame them though, original works are risky and I heard the industry is struggling and animators are paid with peanuts.  Also, is it just me or has the number of anime released each season been increasing compare to 10 years ago? Maybe that's one of the factor too, like over-saturation.

What the latest anime I can watch anime. I need some series like Death Note. Though I searched websites but didn't get on any. Even tubitv didn't have the series.