Anyone else watching season 2 of it currently?
Have you seen the first season?
i've seen the half of the first season...

but soon i will continue watching it again straight after waiting for 2nd season to finish airing
I loved the ending of the first season and i was disappointed that it wasn't made into the movie.
im keeping myself away in that movie adaption.. especially when i found out that Fujiwara is the main lead.....(love him in Battle Royale) , I hate him in death note Live.... (i love the anime) , in the anime... the main lead looks like he has 200 IQ, but in the movie (Fujiwara is the Main)... he makes Light Yagami's IQ looks only 90
Lol I agree. I dont think i ever FINISHED the Kaiji movie. I think ill finish it one of these days though. The anime is AMAZING though.
I've been considering watching this. Would you say it's worth it?
qlqlqlqlql wrote: I've been considering watching this. Would you say it's worth it?

Ditto! I'm curious as well.

For those who are curious:

Season 1:

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Synopsis:
Itou Kaiji is a bum who steals car emblems and slashes tires on what seems to be a regular basis. This routine changes one day when he is paid a visit by a man in a trench-coat. Once the two get talking, it seems that the visitor (Calling himself Endou) is a debt collector. The reason for his visit is an unpaid loan which Kaiji had previously co-signed for a work-mate (Furuhata Takeshi). The original loan was 300,000 yen and once Takeshi had disappeared, the loan then fell on Kaiji.

Kaiji is then told of a way to clear the interest compounded debt (which stood at 3,850,000 yen), which involved getting on a boat with others in his position. Once on the boat the debtors would then have to gamble with loaned money, which would end with a few winning, and others getting into deeper debt and having to work to pay of their debts. After some coercion Kaiji accepts a position on the boat, in order to clear his debt and make a bit of money as well...

Season 2:

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku Hen

Synopsis:

After the events at the Starside Hotel, Kaiji Itou finds himself living his miserable lifestyle once again. Captured by the Teiai group to which he owns a lot of money, he is thrown into an underground forced labor camp where he must pay off his debt by doing harsh manual work. Kaiji becomes desperate as it is expected that he lives in this hellhole for the next 15 years.