Aramintai:

You guys are just grasping here. Rings such as these were common counterweights in swords, especially in Asia.

Ahahah, We're just overthinking over small details. Please take this with a grain of salt.

Aramintai:

You guys are just grasping here. Rings such as these were common counterweights in swords, especially in Asia.

But is exactly what we are doing here. Just having fun creating theories. ? 

However i really think based in the things i posted about the swords that it has some meaning. Especially being in the openign sequence. Naksu´s sword is important and we dont know yet why Uk will use it . Why he will not use his father´s sword for example? 

Cau:

However i really think based in the things i posted about the swords that it has some meaning. Especially being in the openign sequence. Naksu´s sword is important and we dont know yet why Uk will use it . Why he will not use his father´s sword for example? 

It may simply mean he will help her unsheathe it - he will help her regain her power. It is the initial deal that they made as teacher and pupil - he will be her source of energy once he becomes a powerful mage and she will use it to use her sword. And also this picture means he will protect her, which he does.

Aramintai:
Kathryn_51  

You re into something here. Could be, could really be.

I'm not sure how my name got attached to that  quote, but it wasn't me!  I'm not paying much attention to the stones or swords  because we have very little facts at this point.  ?

Cau:

Yeah, the camera language seems to suggest so too. We can see the camera zooming out from Naksu performing a spell. It changed into the water in a circular motion, then panning out to ring on the sword, and cut to the full body of the sword floating inside one of Songrim's chambers. Only Naksu's sword got emphasis, not even Jang Uk's sword. There was only one shot of Jang Uk holding it in the first few scenes. So far, we don't see any sword with a ring on it yet too. Therefore, her sword is definitely an important thing to look out for.

Kathryn_51:

I'm not sure how my name got attached to that  quote, but it wasn't me!  I'm not paying much attention to the stones or swords  because we have very little facts at this point.  ?

@Cau seemed to mention you.

Yes, we still lack a lot of info to be sure.

Fujihara Tomomi:
WHO IS MASTER LEE!!! Ughhh you told some random kids about it and not the main characters DX *wheezed*

Very few scenes on this show are random.  I think we'll see the kids again - if nothing else, it's a way to convey history in an amusing - and revealing (Master Lee crushing the evil artifact) manner.  Plus, the CGI for that lovely boat scene was expensive - too expensive to only show once.  

Kathryn_51:

I'm not sure how my name got attached to that  quote, but it wasn't me!  I'm not paying much attention to the stones or swords  because we have very little facts at this point.  ?

LOL.

youre the one who said that:

"When you mentioned that something clicked in my head lol!! What if that sword's ring hole can be used to put the Ice Stone into it?!?! WOAH!! Mindblowing!!! Then Naksu can use her power again combining it with Mu Deok's power from the Ice Stone!!!! Ahh, my god!!  "

that´s why he/she questioned our theory. 

Cau:
"When you mentioned that something clicked in my head lol!! What if that sword's ring hole can be used to put the Ice Stone into it?!?! WOAH!! Mindblowing!!! Then Naksu can use her power again combining it with Mu Deok's power from the Ice Stone!!!! Ahh, my god!!  "

Perhaps someone else  may have done a cut-and-paste that grabbed my name because that is absolutely NOT the way i talk or write.  I'm not going to worry about it - I enjoy reading your theories and thoughts., Cau.   

Kathryn_51:

Very few scenes on this show are random.  I think we'll see the kids again - if nothing else, it's a way to convey history in an amusing - and revealing (Master Lee crushing the evil artifact) manner.  Plus, the CGI for that lovely boat scene was expensive - too expensive to only show once.  

i dont think too much about these kids and i dont know if they would put them so ramdomly, but since you re talking about i noticed that the little boy is using two ribbon lace that could be a reference to the one Uk uses.  

(also in the 9 preview i noticed that both Uk and Mudeok change their hair styles. Its a new phase) .

Cau:

LOL.

youre the one who said that:

that´s why he/she questioned our theory. 

I think you have mistaken my profile as him/her lol. You can check it again to avoid confusion lol.

Kathryn_51:

Maybe we might get to know more about Former Master Seo and the Blind Priestess.

Kathryn_51:

Perhaps someone else  may have done a cut-and-paste that grabbed my name because that is absolutely NOT the way i talk or write.  I'm not going to worry about it - I enjoy reading your theories and thoughts., Cau.   ???

Omg. Im so sorry. i ws the one who cut and paste in a wrong way. I misread it. sorry, sorry. 

It was Fujihara Tomomi .  Sorry as well Tomomi.  

Cau:

Omg. Im so sorry. i ws the one who cut and paste in a wrong way. I misread it. sorry, sorry. 

It was Fujihara Tomomi .  Sorry as well Tomomi.  

Aahah, it's okay. The long quote comments confused me sometimes too. I hope Kathryn_51 isn't confused anymore.

Ohh right, I was about to ask about sth. If the Ice Stone can bring the dead back to life, then the Queen can use it to bring Gil Ju back too right? though he needs to absorb energy to survive.

Fujihara Tomomi:

Aahah, it's okay. The long quote comments confused me sometimes too. I hope Kathryn_51 isn't confused anymore.

Ohh right, I was about to ask about sth. If the Ice Stone can bring the dead back to life, then the Queen can use it to bring Gil Ju back too right? though he needs to absorb energy to survive.

It looked like the souls of the dead can inhabit living bodies in all the scenes. Not ressurection of dead bodies and souls inside them.

Based on what the show has already shown us.

spoiler alert

Master Lee is very old. He's a student of the founder or Songrim. He is very powerful and knowledgeable. And he could open the Jinyonwon, so he is more likely a Jin.

now, with Mudeok we also have a strong hint that she is a Jin. Probably the lost daughter. But that's the most obvious plot twist. Anyway, its still questionable why the current leader /mother of the Jin clan doesnt recognize her if she is the lost daughter. What's clear is that this lost daughter, Bu Yeon is very important that they didnt give up in finding her and cannot be replaced as the next leader of their clan when there is supposed to be another daughter Cho Yeon. 

the theory is that, Bu Yeon has some sort of important magic at birthright. And she is destined for something which another hint might involve the Songrim clan.

Now in ep 7. We are given more look into the origin of the Alchemy of Souls. Its revealed that there was a drought and it was stopped by magic, a woman blindfold, was dancing. She looks like what Mudeok looks like now. This girl is probably a Jin clan ancestor. Now, my theory is that her eyes was offered as a sacrifice. As part of the ritual. In return, the Ice stone was created. Another theory, the Jin clan and the leader is the protector of the ice stone. This was the reason, they have so many items in the jinyonwon. Some powerful some evil items that they were locked in the vault/cave. In ep 7 Master Lee explains to some kids (aladdin/ arabian-nights style) this legend, and that the relics at the Jinyonwon were created by the Ice Stone. It was also shown that the one who ended the war, Songrim founder but not alone, he was with a woman. The blindfolder Jin ancestor. Now, master lee knows a lot. He has firsthand knowledge. And it would be enough to say he knows these because he is the Songrim founder's student. But it maybe be more than that. And strongly, because he is a Jin descendant since he could open the jinyonwon. What if he's the son of the two founders of Songrim and Jinyonwon, that's why he is so powerful and he didnt age. But he doesnt have children because he drinks chaste tea. Hahaha. So he's just a really old master. 

Now, another connection. We find that he recognizes the soul in Mudeoks body. It maybe Naksu, but what if it was actually Mudeok. It's been hinted so much that Mudeok is a Jin. Mudeok is related to the Ice stone. Naksu didnt go wild. Because, what prevents a soul shifter to not go wild, is the Ice Stone. So Naksu living in the body of Mudeok she is safe. Now, another theory - Mudeok didnt leave her body. Because when they woke up after Naksu's soul shifting, the supposed to be mudeok didnt wake up in naksus body. 

In the show, there has been 2 soul shifting incidents that didnt go as expected. 1 is Naksu, she did not expect to wake up in Mudeok's body, 2 is Jang Uk, when the bad guy tried to shift into his body. This was very peculiar because the bad guy wasnt successful. And we were shown that Jang Uk saw Mudeok in the realm, it looks as if Mudeoks spirit held him put. And Master Lee even said that Jang Uk would not be harmed by the soul shifter, because Mudeok would protect him. Ah huh.. thats very telling right? Only 2 unsucessful soul shifting so far. And both, involving Mudeok the real mudeok.