Nina, did you start this one yet? What are your thoughts on it?
Sleepninja wrote: Nina, did you start this one yet? What are your thoughts on it?

you read my comment above? ... Absolutely Sucks ^^
Nah I have not started this one yet, so I cant really say that. But anything I started with whats her name clownish face, was not of my liking. So... I prefer to avoid her dramas. It seems like I might be right, because none of her stuff gets good comments. Although I did completed one drama she was in, The King and I. But that was because my Man Suk was in it, and Im a sucker for underdogs, so whatever he does I must try before refusing to watch it, no matter how much I dislike the lead actress. :)
NinaJade82 wrote: you read my comment above? ... Absolutely Sucks ^^
Nah I have not started this one yet, so I cant really say that. But anything I started with whats her name clownish face, was not of my liking. So... I prefer to avoid her dramas. It seems like I might be right, because none of her stuff gets good comments. Although I did completed one drama she was in, The King and I. But that was because my Man Suk was in it, and Im a sucker for underdogs, so whatever he does I must try before refusing to watch it, no matter how much I dislike the lead actress. :)

lol Ok, I guess we both will have to try it. :)
PinkDiamond wrote:
And though I haven't seen it yet, I'm sure there are so many other things to discuss about this drama other than nit picking over the title...I'm just sayin'...

I know pinky, lets talk about... err... hmm... I think Ill rather not discuss it. LOL. I first saw this actress in which drama Im trying to think?? I cant remember. But I do know I watched The King and I in which she is the main lead, and it was NOT because of her, but Man Suk. ;) ... oh I think it was the one with Eric and that was a disaster too.
PinkDiamond wrote: Hmmm....you guys are making me ify about watching this one....Jiro may not be worth it after all...and what's her name...I haven't watched anything with her in it since BOF...and that may not change.

And though I haven't seen it yet, I'm sure there are so many other things to discuss about this drama other than nit picking over the title...I'm just sayin'...

I love Jiro...but I can't seem to find the want to even start the second episode :/ Koo Hye Sun turned me off in the first episode. I might pick it up later but it's going to remain on hold for a while....I just can't get past those faces she makes and her reactions...and the dubbing makes it worse =___= It's a good drama....just if they had picked someone other than Koo Hye Sun. She ruins it for me.
Has it finished airing yet?
I am not saying it is a great drama but it doesn't absolutely suck. It has some cute situations..half the reason I am watching it is because it loads easy and the other half is I just like looking a Jiro :D
Crazy4You wrote: I love Jiro...but I can't seem to find the want to even start the second episode :/ Koo Hye Sun turned me off in the first episode. I might pick it up later but it's going to remain on hold for a while....I just can't get past those faces she makes and her reactions...and the dubbing makes it worse =___= It's a good drama....just if they had picked someone other than Koo Hye Sun. She ruins it for me.

I can understand that. Even though I'm sticking this series through to the end (because of the male leads) Koo Hye Sun drives me bananas. I just don't get her--her mannerisms are off for the situation; half the time she looks like she smelled something foul, the other half she smiles in the wrong places. She doesn't play 'awkward' well, either because she's too 'awkward'. It's one of the reasons I'm having trouble watching BOF too. The last two eps have been better, but not because of her, that's for certain.
Crazy4You wrote: It's not really even a big deal. Absolute Boyfriend or Absolute Darling, same difference really.

Anyways...

I've yet to get past episode 1. I love Jiro but Koo Hye Sun is just terrible and I'm really tempted to just drop it. I have no motivation to watch the next episode at all. So it might just remain in my On Hold list for a while until I actually drop it.

That's y I mentioned that it was ok to leave it as it is. It's only a forum thread anyway. And most importantly I dont really like the drama anyway so I see no need it to pay it particular respect.
yankumicho wrote: I can understand that. Even though I'm sticking this series through to the end (because of the male leads) Koo Hye Sun drives me bananas. I just don't get her--her mannerisms are off for the situation; half the time she looks like she smelled something foul, the other half she smiles in the wrong places. She doesn't play 'awkward' well, either because she's too 'awkward'. It's one of the reasons I'm having trouble watching BOF too. The last two eps have been better, but not because of her, that's for certain.

I do like both male leads a lot. But yes exactly! She doesn't fit the situations given and she gives cheesy and corny a whole new meaning. I really do want to watch this drama, but she makes it too difficult to find motivation to watch anymore episodes =__=
In BOF I somehow managed to handle her - it was my second Kdrama. But there's a lot of things I didn't really care for in that drama, and her version of Tsukushi was not very good...and her yelling was really annoying
goldenseal50 wrote: on Viki it is titled absolute darling...to distinguish it from the korean absolute boyfriend that will be coming out this year :)...someone should actually change the title of the mdl page to absolute darling...if you watch this drama that is what they call their product (robot)

I should remain silent about the rest of your comment...........but come on it's a comedy..give me a break they are supposed to be stupid. what were you expecting?

one more thing...Raine sucks at acting too....and neither Kingone or mike ever looked as good as Jiro stripped down lolololol

Nope. If anything this thread SHOULD be edited to reflect the official name of the drama.
However like I said for the reasons mentioned above that I don't mind it remaining as it is.

Perhaps my google search threw up the wrong finding with regards to Viki. But all other and MOST importantly official sources from Taiwan and Singapore both refer to the drama as Absolute Boyfriend.

The robot is also not named Darling. NAITE (Night) is his name. And whether he is called Darlin or not should have zero implications as to what the official name of the drama is. And why do you feel that Absolute Boyfriend should be conferred and unofficial name because there is another replica being made in Korea. Give both dramas their due respect.

Your opinion on Rainie is COMPLETELY unsupported (polite way to say wrong). However it is your opinion and you are free to air it. The amount of awards in showbiz that Rainie has won, including Golden Bell for best actress, is more than ample evidence. According to your standards, every single actress accordin to the showbiz industry must suck.

I did mention that this show was the show JIRO show. It really has no substance to it otherwise.

As for comedy. There is wit. And there is stupidity. Often those like our lead actress here are unable to distinguish them. Just like how Nightly was built, sometimes for intelligence only 3 out of 5 is selected.

On topic: Hopefully Zhongshi and Meijia gets more airtime. I could have downloaded the episode already but I decided to stick to my source and wait a couple more days for the Channel U rip which plays fine for me!
goldenseal50 wrote: "gasp" viki changed the title from absolute darling to absolute boyfriend..I SWEAR it said absolute darling before lololol....

Guess my googlin didn't fail me actually huh?
Crazy4You wrote: I do like both male leads a lot. But yes exactly! She doesn't fit the situations given and she gives cheesy and corny a whole new meaning. I really do want to watch this drama, but she makes it too difficult to find motivation to watch anymore episodes =__=
In BOF I somehow managed to handle her - it was my second Kdrama. But there's a lot of things I didn't really care for in that drama, and her version of Tsukushi was not very good...and her yelling was really annoying

haha Agreed.
NinaJade82 wrote: Whats the big deal with the names. The Korean version of Hana Yori Dango, although it uses Boys Over Flowers, also uses Boys Before Flowers. The Taiwanese version is Meteor Garden, that is completely changed. But trully, it doesnt matter because:
1. Its a new version, therefore they can name it whatever they want.
2. Its basically the same thing. Absolute Boyfriend, Absolute Darling, or Absolutely Sucks.

The discussion revolves around the official name of the drama.

On the second point, yes absolutely disgraceful show as of currently.