http://mydramalist.com/taiwanese-drama/141/meteor-garden

Plot
A poor teenage girl named Shan Cai attends Ying De University, a private school established exclusively for rich students. The university is dominated by a gang of handsome but arrogant students known as F4. Dai Ming is the F4 leader and the other members are Hua Ze Lei, Xi Men, and Mei Zuo - all of whom are heirs to the richest families in Taiwan.
Shan Cai then becomes the target of F4's Dao Ming's contempt. In the past no other students stood up to the F4, but Shan Cai does so. This in turn piques the interest of Dao Ming enough that he soon finds himself falling for Shan Cai. Meanwhile Shan Cai finds herself falling for another F4 member, the gentle Hua Ze Lei ...

Cast

Dao Ming Si played by Yan Jerry
Mei Zuo played by Wu Vanness
Shan Cai played by Hsu Barbie
Hua Ze Lei played by Zhou Vic
Xi Men played by Zhu Ken
Chen Qing He played by Ou Edward
what have people thought about this drama either watching it atm or people who have completed it :)
I liked it. Both seasons. Objectively, it looks a lot cheaper than its Japanese and Korean counterparts, the outfits are a horror, there'a a lot of shouting going on, cinematography can't even be compared, BUT:
- the plot is solid and consistent
- the chemistry between Shan Cai and Dao Min Si is, in my opinion, the most believable and strong among the 3 versions. This was the last version I watched and the first one where I didn't root for the second male lead.
- Shan Cai did stretch my patience at the beginning, but she grew on me and in the end I truly wanted to see her happy
- I definitely prefer Jerry Yan to Lee Min Ho (sorry, matter of taste). I thought he was convincing as an arrogant bully turned into a besotted lover.
- The kisses were nice (as shallow as it sounds, it is a factor in my romantic book).
- The other F4's personal stories are better developed than elsewhere.

So, all in all I still think Hana Yori Dango is the best one, then comes Meteor Garden and finally BoF.

:)
really? well this is the 2nd version ive watched. The first one i actually watched was boys over flowers korean version. Thou atm i do like boys over flowers version I am liking this version alot more then boys over flowers. I am only 4 episodes in thou. So far it is so much different to boys over flowers. I like the chemistry between shan chai and ze lei but i also like the hate relationship going on between shan chai and mian si oddly it is alot more funnier then boys over flowers. The scenes was alot more approchable then boys over flowers and I cant wait to see what happens between each character. also liking the kinda war going on between mian Si and Ze lei i wonder if they will be friends again
I guess I am not the most unbiased of judges when it comes to boys before flowers because I think it is a lame drama very badly acted - saving grace Kim Hyun Joong's smile.

I see you haven't completed Meteor Garden yet, so I won't spoil the fun. However, I too found it a lot funnier than bof, and sweeter too on a romantic level.
I know many hated the second season, but I liked that one too. The story is completely different from any other version and I enjoyed it: I thought it had an extra depth which is lacking in the others. :)
amrita828 wrote: I guess I am not the most unbiased of judges when it comes to boys before flowers because I think it is a lame drama very badly acted - saving grace Kim Hyun Joong's smile.

I see you haven't completed Meteor Garden yet, so I won't spoil the fun. However, I too found it a lot funnier than bof, and sweeter too on a romantic level.
I know many hated the second season, but I liked that one too. The story is completely different from any other version and I enjoyed it: I thought it had an extra depth which is lacking in the others. :)

I didnt think i was that bad i still loved boys over flowers thou watching it the first time it was hard for me to get into it. watching it for a 2nd time i enjoyed it. omg i especially loved kim hyun joong *dies*

No atm i am on episode 4 and enjoying it very much. I agree it is very different from boys over flowers and tbh im liking this version alot better then boys over flowers strangly that is not like me to like another version more then the 1st version ive watched. So far i also feel it has alot more depth and i think thats why i was able to get into it more then i ever did in boys over flowers
Well someone else said that season 2 wasnt as good as the 1st season but I will still give it a try after watching this season :P
When you do watch the second season, I'm curious to know what you think of it. :)
This is my favorite version of the story. It's just a completely sweeter telling of the story and everyone's motives are much easier to understand. but Meteor Garden 2 is pretty darn boring..I skipped whole chunks of it. I know Jerry is the lead but like BOF I couldn't help rooting for Vic:)
oh defently ;) ill let you know what i think :P was there a certain character you liked out of this seris ? what was the reason you liked them
Hmmm. I like Dao Min Si because he is believable. He has a true development throughout both seasons, a veritable growth as a person, and I like Shan Cai too for the same reason. She isn't by far a perfect character: she starts as obnoxious, albeit brave, and learns to be a gentler person, but she also stays consistent to her character, a fighter. Like goldenseal writes, their love story is sweeter - and I would add more passionate - than elsewhere. I ended up liking them as a couple, and this is why I didn't root for Vic's character: not because he isn't likable, on the contrary, but simply because he wasn't a good match for Shan Cai, in my opinion.
This said, even the interaction between the 4 friends is better explored here. I may be mixing a little the 2 seasons now, since I watched both a couple of years ago, but I grew very fond of Vanness's character too, and his love story (something which is completely missing in any other version).

In conclusion, my favourite characters would be the main couple. I also loved how they "fight" against Dao Min Si's mother - enough said! ;)
Seems to me like Meteor Garden fell into your taste range.. I Can't blame you.. the drama is awesome..
Love Meteor Garden, It stands out in the series.. I do however prefere the first season over the 2nd...
Me aswell as many other fans, Feel like they actually messed up the 2nd season quite a bit..
It could have been so much better if they just let the storyline go into another direction..

The first season is so romantic.. I did however have a major 2nd lead syndrome here.. Vic Zhou is so cute as Hau Ze Lei <3
yeh i agree with you both im currently im episode 5 and well so far i defently agree its alot more gentler and more depth into it. I don't think i have a fav character in particular atm. tbh i like them all in different ways they all contribute to the story and thats what i like. in boys over flowers it felt that some of it was leading different lives thou this isnt really a bad thing I felt it kinda made the story slightly jumpy and felt like peices was missing. I am actually really enjoying this version alot more thne BOF
MonjaElisa wrote: Seems to me like Meteor Garden fell into your taste range.. I Can't blame you.. the drama is awesome..
Love Meteor Garden, It stands out in the series.. I do however prefere the first season over the 2nd...
Me aswell as many other fans, Feel like they actually messed up the 2nd season quite a bit..
It could have been so much better if they just let the storyline go into another direction..

The first season is so romantic.. I did however have a major 2nd lead syndrome here.. Vic Zhou is so cute as Hau Ze Lei <3

yeh i dont know why i hadnt thought bout watching the other versions before :D I really like this one and thats actually unusual for me to like any other versions other then the one i watched. its a good surpise thou and i can't wait to see what happens im very curious xD
This is my favorite version! I loved it so much. :D This version probably stayed the closest to the manga, but there were still enough differences to make it unique. They were definitely the best representations of the characters and I loved that is took things a step further and let you understand their personalities. Also, the pacing of the romance was more realistic as well. :D I have not seen the second season or the side story, but they are on my list.
Sleepninja wrote: This is my favorite version! I loved it so much. :D This version probably stayed the closest to the manga, but there were still enough differences to make it unique. They were definitely the best representations of the characters and I loved that is took things a step further and let you understand their personalities. Also, the pacing of the romance was more realistic as well. :D I have not seen the second season or the side story, but they are on my list.

Yeh it isn't straight off, the romance is more paced thou we can tell ming si liked her from the 2nd episode but also i think his confused and jealous. I don't think his quite figured out his feelings for her yet.
But I agree it is unique and respsents the characters alot better then the korean version.