People here already mentioned a lot of good modern dramas.
Out of all tho, I would recommend 
Boss & Me
My Sunshine
Love O2O

Really, they're great! <3
@Gee

Regarding Love me if you Dare
Is the novel translated in English? Where can I find it?

Surgeons, The First Half of My Life would fit you.

this seems to be an old-ish thread but 

1. The First Half of My Life (my personal fav drama of 2017, based on the famous book by Yi Shu but the book is a bit more heavy/serious/different) 
  2. assuming you watched Ode to Joy, Ode to Joy 2 was pretty great this year too. Ode to Joy is actually based on a book series too!!
  3. Surgeons (loved this too, not based on a book, but an official novel version was written for the drama afterwards with some differences from the drama.....if that makes sense lol)
  4. Love O2O ---assuming you haven't seen it already since it's one of the most popular modern cdramas here on MDL (personally didn't like it but majority do)
  5. I see people recommending My Sunshine and I just wanna say that the book is tons better so you should watch the drama version first if you haven't already, like the original novel is probably my favorite Chinese novel haha (also idk if you know but Gu Man is the author of the novels for My Sunshine, Boss&Me, and Love O2O)
  6. A Love So Beautiful (very popular cutesy, youth drama that just finished airing, I haven't seen it but seems like everyone loves it +based on a novel)
  7. When a Snail Falls in Love (adapted from a novel written by Ding Mo, author of Love Me If You Dare novel)
  8. Rush to the Dead Summer (adapted from novel of the same name by Guo Jingming, who is the author of Tiny Times series, Ice Fantasy) I think most people have mixed views on this but I liked it and the drama ending was honestly better than the novel ending LOL 
  9. Because of You --- Chinese version of Come! Jang Bo Ri, full of makjang and drama, unrealistic as hell but entertaining haha

And that's about all I can squeeze from my brain haha I feel like China specializes more in historical dramas than in modern dramas tbh

I cannot hug you- just 30 mins per episode.. its a recemt drama that hasnt finished airing and ive watched first few and its really good.. and its adapted from manhwa

And i second, love so beautiful

definitely boss and me (one of my favorite drama)

suddenly seventeen (movie)

miss in kiss (remake of itazura na kiss)

a love so beautiful

The fow summer. It's à modern drama. I find it interesting. I don't watch a lot of C drama but I really enjoyed to watch this one.

Sorry if my english is bad. I'm French and I'm only 14 ^^