If you recommend me Love Me If You Dare, just don't. Watched it and loved it (I may be biased bc I read the novel heuheu)

Currently watching Whirlwind Girl. (Actually, just trying to. I find everything so common and cliched.)

Just recommend me anything as long as it's modern (bc I can't understand anything historical).

Would prefer if

• -would give me a lot of feels
  • -can't help myself from going to another episode.

Bonus if it was adapted from a book ^_^

Thanks <3

I just checked your list so I would recommend you to watch :

Ode to Joy which is really addictive and I so love that the story is realistic and the writing is excellent as well.
Boss & Me : if you're looking for a cute and fluffy romance
Fifteen Year to Wait for Migratory Birds, this drama really impressed me a lot and all the characters are so mature and lovely just it's not an addictive drama in my opinion.
Back in Time : Very enjoyable especially for those who love stories set in the 90's but I need to warn you, the main couple is so boring and uninteresting but the rest pretty well done.

I don't watch much Chinese Modern Dramas as there are only a few that look interesting to me but those I mentioned above are definitely worth a watch.

Hope it helps ;)
My Sunshine is pretty nice to watch, I might be biased since i like the novel
@Dounie: Everything you recommended sounds interesting. Thank you :)! Still hesitating about Boss & Me tho bc of the mixed reviews. As for Back In Time, I still don't know where to watch it lmao.

@meli: The main guy is interesting, but I'm pretty hesitant. Thanks btw! :/
Are the 1940s modern enough or would that still be too historical? It doesn't have any dynasties or Emperors or anything like that....

Battle of Changsha is SO WELL done. It also has the lead guy from Love Me If You Dare (which you said you liked). 
@Gee I watched Back in Time there and it's fully subbed if you want : https://www.viki.com/tv/26259c-back-in-time
I understand why you're hesitating about Boss & Me, I personally loved but I know some people found it boring and didn't like much the main guy anyway I hope you'll give it a chance :p
Thinking of You
Sealed With a Kiss
Jenius
I recommend Ode to Joy. It's a lovely, addicitve drama and I don't dislike one single thing about it so far, halfway through. 

My Amazing Boyfriend 
My Sunshine 
The interpreter - it is currently airing in China now and so far it is really good. 
@ViolinGal Yup. What I meant by historical was actually the dynasties and emperors stuff :)

Anyway, it's a late reply, but thank you guys for all the recs! I'll be checking them out soon
It seems I cant recommend you anything as I havent seen enough Chinese Drama , Sorry about that.
Anyway I prepared this little competition, there are many good Chinese drama on the list which you can use as a reference (mostly are modern) .

I hope you all take a look and if possible vote against your least favorite drama there.

Masterpiece of Asian Dramas
Just one smile is very alluring
-- Ode to Joy
-- Fifteen Year to Wait for Migratory Birds
-- Battle of Changsha  --- 1930's, little romance but excellent
-- Too Late to Say I Love You ---1930's,  Lot more romance, lot less history/war ... Intense, rollercoaster, feels, complex Anti-hero, he's not perfect, based on a book.
-- Sealed with a Kiss ---- Really, really dark hero, but actor makes him sympathetic .... Intense emotions, sensitive subject matter, based on a book.
-- My Sunshine --- has its good parts, mainly 1st half .... I absolutely adore the actor Wallace Chung, he knows how to show the nuances of the hero's emotions... The lead actress played it weak ... the writing got a bit repetitive at the end ... annoying 2nd male lead.... But a great love story (especially for the male lead!) ... Based on a book (I believe same author as Boss & Me, but my memory could be wrong)
-- Best Time --- I would watch just for the perfect most appealing male lead character and how he was perfectly portrayed by Wallace Chung ... Great chemistry! ... A romance built up realistically, their attracted as they get to know each other....Witty banter ...  She's smart and vivacious (except for her stupidity towards her 1st love) .... Real good story, if you can ignore the heroine's stupidity in 2nd half ... Ends well, tho, she come back to her senses. ... based on a stupid book, that would make her obsessed w/ her even more stupid 1st love.