It's driving me nuts! I can remember scenes so clearly but have absolutely no idea what it was called. It was a quiet, slice of life/found family type drama. I seem to recall the main character setting up a stall for himself (in a bookshop??) where he gave out life advice to anyone who was struggling. He reconnected with a male friend from childhood, who was from a rich family and was in love with him, although I think they cut the scenes where this was made explicit (think there was a confession scene in the last ep, maybe on a train? but it was cut), but it was very obvious anyway. There's one scene where a geeky girl who reads bl imagines the two of them kissing. The female lead ends up moving in with the male lead due to circumstance but they spend most of the show bickering. (Female lead possibly works as a maid in a hotel or something??) At one point the best friend had organised this elaborate b-day thing for the male lead but for some reason it fell through, and I remember he sees male lead celebrating with his 'found family' instead and it's super sad because he's left out plus unrequited love!

If anyone could help me put a name to it, I'd be forever grateful!

ooooo i think this is a japanese drama for sure because wayyy back i feel like i read the drama plot similar to this but i have no idea what the name of the drama is :(( im so sorry can't help you there i don't really watch bl :v but im sure someone else might be able to help you ^^