Not a single editor supports the rule against articles about non-straight shows, and I sincerely doubt that anyone used children as an argument against LGBTQ+ articles. This rule precedes all active editors and we don't have any more info than any of you. 

This is an MDL-wide problem and not an article section-specific problem so I will stay out of the fights and further discussions, but please know that us editors are wholeheartedly on the "please don't discriminate against and please do allow LGBTQ+ content" side.

I, being gay myself, find it painful to enforce the anti-gay article rule and avoid doing so at all cost, something the admins are aware of - and this is why the only answer I will ever give on the subject is to please complain to them directly. I will certainly not try to justify having the rule and/or think of reasons why it may have been created.

Burcu:
So that's why I feel that when the admins didn't even tell the reason themselves. Who are we to judge that if they are homophobic or not? I took this personally because of this reason.

The admins have been discriminating against LGBT people for years, and every time someone asks about it, they refuse to respond. It's only natural to assume that the admins are homophobic.

How would you feel if the admins banned articles about women, and refused to explain why? Would you say "Maybe they're not really sexist, we should give them the benefit of the doubt"?

devitto:
and this is why the only answer I will ever give on the subject is to please complain to them directly

Is there a better way to contact the admins? They don't respond to PMs, and they don't respond to my forum posts.

mjf314:

The admins have been discriminating against LGBT people for years, and every time someone asks about it, they refuse to respond. It's only natural to assume that the admins are homophobic.

How would you feel if the admins banned articles about women, and refused to explain why? Would you say "Maybe they're not really sexist, we should give them the benefit of the doubt"?

Is there a better way to contact the admins? They don't respond to PMs, and they don't respond to my forum posts.

I explained myself that I faced something horrible and that's why I don't want anyone else to face it. I'm really sorry that whatever I said, might hurt you. But I don't wanna talk about this anymore. I regret expressing my thoughts now. I'm sorry, I don't wanna be involved with this issue anymore.

devitto:
You can claim an idea here (or message me). :)

Hey devitto, just wanted to let you and other editors know that Suckerforhappyendings and I completed and submitted our editorial article "Date A Drama: Melody Edition". Oh and sorry for the trouble, but my user name changed from LunaNoir to JulyMoon (really sorry for causing you more work, but I promise this name will stay). Thank you! 

Hello.

Can I ask if anyone here knows how to incorporate your whole pfp into an article so it wouldn't just be merely your name that'll link to your profile?

Thanks in advance.

JulyMoon:

Hey devitto, just wanted to let you and other editors know that Suckerforhappyendings and I completed and submitted our editorial article "Date A Drama: Melody Edition". Oh and sorry for the trouble, but my user name changed from LunaNoir to JulyMoon (really sorry for causing you more work, but I promise this name will stay). Thank you! 

No worries, that's why we note the user's url and the draft number. :D

chase_kayden:

Hello.

Can I ask if anyone here knows how to incorporate your whole pfp into an article so it wouldn't just be merely your name that'll link to your profile?

Thanks in advance.

There's no automatic function for that, you need to insert your profile picture as a normal image and link it to your profile.

devitto:
There's no automatic function for that, you need to insert your profile picture as a normal image and link it to your profile.

I realized that now, that you have to manually do it.

One last question, tho, how do you make images/gif in a circle shape or any shape? Thank you ~

chase_kayden:

One last question, tho, how do you make images/gif in a circle shape or any shape? Thank you ~

In the MDL editor, you can only change the borders to be rounded. If you want your image in a circle shape, you need to do that in an image editing program (app? website? I'm old haha) before uploading/linking to MDL. :D

chase_kayden:

You can use this website to turn images into a circle shape: https://crop-circle.imageonline.co/

Mon:

You can use this website to turn images into a circle shape: https://crop-circle.imageonline.co/

Oh, thank you!~

How about gif? Do you know?

chase_kayden:

Oh, thank you!~

How about gif? Do you know?

Try this website: https://onlinegiftools.com/crop-gif

Can I do an article on upcoming dramas on Nefltix and how to pick the right story for you 

how to make article?

darcyfan:

how to make article?

Seeing that you haven't written an article before, you need a co-author to write one with you. 

Here's the thing, there has been an issue with articles for around 2 years now if I'm not mistaken, where the editors are unfortunately not able to send article drafts to users who haven't written their own article before the issue started. Due to this, you need an author who did write an article of their own before the issue who will receive the article draft and then you can co-write with them.

I suggest you write your article idea here and ask see if anyone is free to co-write with you :)

which actor and actress did you see on screen lot in 2023

[good one right?]  anyone wanna help me write one