Yuanwei:

As the guidelines state, articles that focus only on BL/YAOI/LGBTQ+ topics (just like the ones focusing only on Nudity and Gore) are banned unfortunately for various reasons. 

If you or anyone else have complaints regarding the ban, please file a formal complaint to: [email protected] .

As an user, personally, I don't agree with the ban, but as volunteer editors we have to uphold the guidelines in place. 

So it would be nice if you or anyone else would stop attacking or criticizing the volunteer editors as it is out of our hands just like what kind of articles and when they are published is too. Thank you! 

I didn't criticize any of the editors, I just said that I would like to receive a reply from them. I understand that bl/yaoi is mentioned in the guidelines but since I saw that permission was granted for a cw article on "A tale of 1000 stars", (I also found it in the spreadsheet on published articles), I wondered whether the ban had been removed.

Thank you for your reply. And I apologise if you were in any way affronted by my replies because that was absolutely not my intention. I recognize how much work editors put in for this website.

If possible (and if you are free to share it), could you disclose the 'various reasons' why lgbt+ topics are banned in mdl articles. Thank you again.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Chiha_fishUpontheSky:
I saw that permission was granted for a cw article on "A tale of 1000 stars"

Could you please link the article? I looked for it and couldn't find it. As far as I know, there is/was only one article focused on a BL drama a year or more ago, and that was because the admins were testing something. What? I'm not sure. 

Chiha_fishUpontheSky:
I wondered whether the ban had been removed.

Editors will be the first to let everyone know if the ban is lifted. As I said, editors are not happy about the ban either, especially when we have to refuse writers every other day.

Chiha_fishUpontheSky:
And I apologise if you were in any way affronted by my replies

No need to apologise since I wasn't. My reply (which is probably seen as too direct and harsh) is a reaction to everything that has been going on in the past weeks. I have nothing personal with you. I should have been more clear.

Chiha_fishUpontheSky:
If possible (and if you are free to share it), could you disclose the 'various reasons' why lgbt+ topics are banned in mdl articles.

I'm pretty sure you have seen a few floating around. Not going to go into them. There are probably some that the volunteer editors don't know either since we are not part of what goes behind the site.

One that was probably not mentioned (this is just based on my research on sites) is: MDL is free to be accessed in all countries (with a few exceptions like North Korea), but LGBTQ+ content is still heavily regulated on the Internet in some of those countries, either banned or forced to be marked as 18+. Having the topics on the front page and in plain view will have MDL banned in those countries or have MDL be forced to mark them all with the 18+ rating, or raise the registration age to 18+ instead of the current 13+. Not sure if you heard about Tiktok being banned in India, Pakistan, etc. for vulgar, obscene and immoral content along with other sites.

There's a lot to talk about this, but in the end, it's out of our hands. :(

Hope this has somehow clarified some things. Thank you for understanding!

Okay guys, I see that editors did their best to clarify everything regarding the lgbtq issue, so please stop that discussion now. If you have any further questions contact the admins and let the thread function for what I made it in the first place.

I saw 1000 Stars on page 21 of this thread (and also in a spreadsheet which I can't find, I'm pretty much lost in this web of discussions XD)

The last point made so much sense. Considering I myself live in India (where everything China is banned, I'd probably be removed from the country if the PM knew about my obsession with cdramas) I understand that there are countries which ban lgbt content and apps which exhibit related pages. Thank you so much, it makes me feel much better about his situation.

I sympathize with editors who have to turn down the users. Thanks again.

Hey hey :) Is someone already writing something for "Mad For Each Other"?

And I wanted to ask whats the difference between CW and Recap, in relation to content and style etc ><

Tine:

Hey hey :) Is someone already writing something for "Mad For Each Other"?

And I wanted to ask whats the difference between CW and Recap, in relation to content and style etc ><

You can "have" it!

CW are -obviously- about airing dramas. They should not contain major spoilers. Otherwise, you're free to treat it as a recap of what you've seen before, as a "Why You Should Watch", as a highlight reel, whatever you want! ;)

devitto:

You can "have" it!

CW are -obviously- about airing dramas. They should not contain major spoilers. Otherwise, you're free to treat it as a recap of what you've seen before, as a "Why You Should Watch", as a highlight reel, whatever you want! ;)

Alright, since "Mad For Each Other" is finished next week I'll give it a try as a recap >< Thank you :) <3  I'll be back if I have more questions ;D

cassiopeiastars:

If no one has claimed "My Dear Guardian," is it possible to claim it for a CW article? It finishes airing on July 7th. 

Yes, you can write it!

Hey hey! Can I write a drama recommendation/recap article for the miniseries "The other half of me and you" once it finished airing on YouTube? It's a parody and portrays/criticizes the inequality of men and women in a funny way. Is this ok? Does someone else already have this drama? 

Tine:

Hey hey! Can I write a drama recommendation/recap article for the miniseries "The other half of me and you" once it finished airing on YouTube? It's a parody and portrays/criticizes the inequality of men and women in a funny way. Is this ok? Does someone else already have this drama? 

Yes, you can write it as a recap, just not as a CW. :)

I Havnt received an answer to my question so I’ll write again. Where can I write a review on Korean series I’ve watched?

SandyMee:

I Havnt received an answer to my question so I’ll write again. Where can I write a review on Korean series I’ve watched?

You can do so on each of the respective drama's page, there's a section to write reviews about them :)

Underneath the section of ''Photos'' you'll find the ''Reviews'' on the top right corner there'll be a button for ''Write a review''. I hope that helps!

Hello I'd like to do a article about Keun Rak Salab Chata or is someone already writing about it?

Moonlight:

Hello I'd like to do a article about Keun Rak Salab Chata or is someone already writing about it?

You can "have" it! :)