OniBro:
And that is exactly why part of me dies inside whenever I see a comment on the main page praising the world building. I'm just stuck here like, "I don't think they know what world building is....?"

This so reminds me of the fulgent praise I see of nearly every single Kdrama's "cinematography".  It's as if every one of them is Oscar-worthy XD.  Blade Runner, Lawrence of Arabia, 2001...RIP.  I mean yeah, the Koreans do make pretty productions.  But imo the majority are so artificially shot (esp the awkward colored lighting) it removes all the naturalness of moment.

OniBro:
And yes, believe it or not, the whole rebirth/isekai genre is extremely popular. The world isn't a pretty place across the globe, and people like this genre because it is literally escapism.  

Sorry for the long one boys.

why i love reading and watching stuff. it's an escape. reading this genre, i feel like my existence has meaning

up till this point after seeing countless praise and how there low budget (personal attack up ahead cuz its his fault) why would you accept a work anyways when u dont think they put enough money in and then ur just gonna put a half hearted attitude in?? And why would u do that?? Isn't what you do what u enjoy?? If not then why u just quit being a screenwriter?? 

so they didnt pay u enough, then why agree to work for them?? Just say no!! This person reminds me of the sims cc creator maysim

Euphoria:
then San Ge came along in my life and omg dear heaven, how refreshing. Why WHY?? did that f*cker change that part i love about him into another typical anime protagonist

like that composure! that calm and cool personality! yo that's my lao da!! Tang San is the key figure in me getting into Chinese novels

I am passionately recommended you to read Emperor Domination. The MC is literally the god of all MC in xuanhuan genre. Just like the title, that is what the MC done: dominated his enemies. It is so so so cooool! I just cannot go back to whiny MC, bullied MC after I get my hand on this novel. You can find the translation in novelupdates. But, this novel is very long, in thousands chapters.

OniBro:
It's not about the cultivation story completely per say. It's about the cultivation system, the "power system." These systems can be defined in two ways: hard or soft.

Thank you for your lengthy post. You put words to what I have in mind. Fantasy is my favorite genre will all its magic. First time I ventured to xuanhuan which is Douluo Dalu, it was like my brain finally found an oasis. That was the "logic" story that I searched all those time. Every power up was explained as if that was a science.

For those people who praise this drama world building to the sky, I think they are just not familiar this kind of hard power system as you put it. They are just casual drama viewers, mixed with actor fans who are hell bent in praising this drama whatever happen. One who are blind form the start, will never know the beauty of seeing. But because we as original fans have "seen", thus become "blinded" is a torture. 

If anything, since hard power system story is more or less grounded in logic more than in emotional line, this kind of story is more popular in male population than female. And the one who comments in this kind of forum is usually female. So..... you can do the math.

Xien_Rue:
I am passionately recommended you to read Emperor Domination. The MC is literally the god of all MC in xuanhuan genre. Just like the title, that is what the MC done: dominated his enemies. It is so so so cooool! I just cannot go back to whiny MC, bullied MC after I get my hand on this novel. You can find the translation in novelupdates. But, this novel is very long, in thousands chapters.

great! i like novels like that ^^ i'll check that out right now.

also, have u read Spirit Realm? Altho the last few chapters are pretty half hearted, the other parts are pretty hyped. It's a great read (at least in my opinion) just dont watch the drama adaption.... it suffered a worst fate than DD almost...

Euphoria:
also, have u read Spirit Realm?

I heard about that, but haven't tried it yet. Is it good? Well, I guess no xuanhuan genre adaptation ends up good. We need a scriptwriter that truly love this genre I think.

Emperor Domination just make unable to see any weak MC, even though he will get stronger later on. This is a normal reaction as I have seen there are people who thinks like me in the comment section of the translation website, hahahaha. This novel is not for someone who are new to this genre. But I think it will be very suitable for you!

Currently, I am in the pit of Lost Tomb series thanks to Ultimate Note. Sigh ...... It is actually that drama fault that I become so critical toward Douluo Continent fighting scenes. What can I do? I cannot unsee those amazing fighting scenes in Ultimate Note.

The strength of Douluo Dalu is in its friendship which gives us the amazing team battle in tournament arc. The romance is actually a meh (honestly, I hate Xiao Wu in the second half because she has become a damsel in distress) and too many deux ex machina for MC. But, the drama just force fed me with sob story and pitiful character.

shao the bad witch:

Hi guys. I'm not the only one who think drama Tang San gives off SL2 Huo Yuhao vibe, am I? It feels like watching Yuhao but with Tang San script

no no, how could u compare that creature to Hao Ge? that's just cruel. that guy's good natured while our hao Ge is very vengeful. 

Xien_Rue:
I heard about that, but haven't tried it yet. Is it good? Well, I guess no xuanhuan genre adaptation ends up good. We need a scriptwriter that truly love this genre I think.

Emperor Domination just make unable to see any weak MC, even though he will get stronger later on. This is a normal reaction as I have seen there are people who thinks like me in the comment section of the translation website, hahahaha. This novel is not for someone who are new to this genre. But I think it will be very suitable for you!

Spirit Realm gives that vibe too. Also, I also think that u, probably why I unofficially dropped anime (might still watch some if theres something rlly good but generally dropped it) and why drama Tang San turns me off so much. I actually watch the dongman version of Spirit Realm than read the novel which is a 100x better. One thing I like about the mc is that unlike countless anime mc, he's very uncooperative towards ppl outside his sociable circle unless it's beneficial and has a general lack of trust.

Euphoria:
Spirit Realm gives that vibe too. Also, I also think that u, probably why I unofficially dropped anime (might still watch some if theres something rlly good but generally dropped it) and why drama Tang San turns me off so much. I actually watch the dongman version of Spirit Realm than read the novel which is a 100x better. One thing I like about the mc is that unlike countless anime mc, he's very uncooperative towards ppl outside his sociable circle unless it's beneficial and has a general lack of trust.

Wah! Sounds interesting. I love OP character. Will check it. Thank you for the recommendation!!

These past 5 years, there were lots of xuanhuan IP get adapted. But I saw that the current crops of scriptwriter were not someone who enjoy this genre, thus the failed adaptation after failed adaptation. I hope the producer know when to stop and trying to discern the problem first before trying for more.

Xien_Rue:
Wah! Sounds interesting. I love OP character. Will check it. Thank you for the recommendation!!

These past 5 years, there were lots of xuanhuan IP get adapted. But I saw that the current crops of scriptwriter were not someone who enjoy this genre, thus the failed adaptation after failed adaptation. I hope the producer know when to stop and trying to discern the problem first before trying for more.

I couldn't agree more

wow drama fans are harsh and rude lol.... they called the lead actress Zheng Shuang 2.0

Euphoria:

wow drama fans are harsh and rude lol.... they called the lead actress Zheng Shuang 2.0

Umm, what? Where did you read this? I thought the drama fans praising this drama to the sky??

Xien_Rue:

Umm, what? Where did you read this? I thought the drama fans praising this drama to the sky??

watched this on YouTube. (it's a Chinese video)  apparently ppl say her acting like Xiao Wu reminds them of Zheng Shuang "feng feng diang diang" characteristic/personality

u know how ppl felt her Xiao Wu is too childish and stuff? i guess some are more harsh then the other

Xien_Rue:

Actually, her acting and in general, Xiao Wu, is the second most criticised thing when it comes to complaints. Of course the issue with Xiao Wu is for the most part Wang Juan's fault as he is the one responsible for her character. The trouble is all that he added for her is not utilised by her as she doesn't know how. She is very one note and what passed in a first few episodes has turned into major annoyance. 

About 35 - this is where the romance comes in and I was laughing at how awkward it is. Xiao Zhan does his part really well but my gosh, she is just a lost cause. There is nothing to be done to save this. The writing itself is not good but even then, two good actors with good chemistry can make even cringe work. But not with her. Hell, Tang San and Bibi spark way better. 

In this drama the 6 yr old XW never grew up--even more childish the novel ffs.  And when you translate to live-action it always accentuates those things.  I'm watching her with my hand covering my face, peering through fingers.  I mute it too since the BGM is a disaster..