Shiro:
Block 8.5 - A remake/adaptation that has been remade/adapted again by the original country. Do I have to watch the adaptation? Can't I watch the original?
You may watch the original 

Thank you Shiro! I was definitely overthinking the leap flowers XD. 

About the tags, I'll add them. I was thinking about adding them but I was unsure if it would be reiterative when there is already a similar tag. But you gave me the push I needed :D

Thanks again!

JulyMoon:

This rises a question for me. Theoretically we would get our first badge once we watch 3 titles for 2 blocks 3x2 = 6 titles. Is that right? So when I watch one prompt per block (26 titles total ) it doesn't qualify me for a level but the Bouquet Badge? 

Let's say I want to reach Level Lotus - Round 2 which requires 35 Blocks. Is it correct that I need to watch 3 titles per block (26 blocks total) and then one more title for 9 blocks, so I reach 35 blocks? Can I choose the blocks from any season, let's say block 1, 5, 7, 10, 20-24? That wouldn't give me a butterfly though, because that would require 4 completed titles for every of the 26 blocks, right? 

I wonder if I got that right or lost myself in the blocks... xD 

I hope I understand or your question correctly. First level badge requiers 6 Completed titles (unless you moe the lawn) 

The easiest badge to get is probably the Vintage badge as it only requiers one title.  

For round 2 you need to watch an additional 4 titles per block. So to reach Lotus level 4 with 1 Butterfly You need to watch at least 110 titles (unless you mow the lawn...)  (3×26 + 4×8) 

katherine197:

thank you ^^

yes, whoever is putting together the challenge here on MDL always does a great job! Every year I'm impressed by the complexity ?

Ha ha thank you it really is a team effort to try to piece together the community and teams ideas trying to make it fun for both previous and new participants this is the third time I have been part of the team and we do put quite a lot of thought in to it... but also have a lot of fun working on it. 

u_oui:

Thank you Shiro! I was definitely overthinking the leap flowers XD. 

About the tags, I'll add them. I was thinking about adding them but I was unsure if it would be reiterative when there is already a similar tag. But you gave me the push I needed :D

Thanks again!

Can't promise they will let them though but, you can keep it as a rule of thumb... if it could have been a tag it is okay to use. 

Can I use the same drama in more than one section (block?) Or in more than one line of a block (aside from lawn mower). Also for kissing under a plant does a tree count?

Webdrama:

Can I use the same drama in more than one section (block?) Or in more than one line of a block (aside from lawn mower). Also for kissing under a plant does a tree count?

Tree counts as a plant. 

No you may not use the same title for more than one block. And not more than one line of a block (aside from the lawn mower). 

Shiro:
For round 2 you need to watch an additional 4 titles per block. So to reach Lotus level 4 with 1 Butterfly You need to watch at least 110 titles (unless you mow the lawn...)  (3×26 + 4×8) 

Sorry I try to be more clear. My first question is how we get the butterfly. When we completed round 1? How many titles does this require? 

I don't get it. 26 blocks + 8 blocks = 34 blocks but it says we need 35 blocks to complete Lotus Round 2. So I assume you meant 9 blocks, not 8. 

If I have already watched 3 titles per block for all 26 blocks (=78 titles), you say I need 4 additional titles in each of the 9 blocks? Because that would mean I have to watch 7 titles for some blocks (the 3 I already completed + 4 more), but the blocks (except for one) only have 5 prompts. That would mean I have to fulfil some prompts twice. 

If I don't aim for the butterfly would it require less titles to reach Lotus Round 2?

JulyMoon:

Sorry I try to be more clear. My first question is how we get the butterfly. When we completed round 1? How many titles does this require? 

I don't get it. 26 blocks + 8 blocks = 34 blocks but it says we need 35 blocks to complete Lotus Round 2. So I assume you meant 9 blocks, not 8. 

If I have already watched 3 titles per block for all 26 blocks (=78 titles), you say I need 4 additional titles in each of the 9 blocks? Because that would mean I have to watch 7 titles for some blocks, but the blocks (except for one) only have 5 prompts. That would mean I have to fulfil some prompts twice. 

Yes 9 blocks not 8, I just remembered it was the 4th level forgot it needed 9 my bad. 

Yes once you are done you get to start over, and re do the same prompts in the blocks, you may chose the same ones + 1 or 2 new ones + 2 of the old ones.  But indeed that means you complete the sam prompts twice. 

A butterfly is added to the badge once you have completed a level in round 2. So basically once you reach Sampaguita. 28 blocks  26x3 + 2x4 = 86 titles 

I have now edited the part about Butterflies as well as the levels to make things more clear I hope it helps... 

Shiro:
Yes once you are done you get to start over, and re do the same prompts in the blocks, you may chose the same ones + 1 or 2 new ones + 2 of the old ones.  But indeed that means you complete the sam prompts twice.

A butterfly is added to the badge once you have completed a level in round 2. So basically once you reach Sampaguita. 28 blocks  26x3 + 2x4 = 86 titles 

Thank you so much for your patience. Now I get it and the edited parts make it easier too. :) 

I hope you don't mind but I have more questions. 

For the prompt "Flower in hair" does a floral wreath on the head or a fake flower (made of metal or fabric) count? Something like in the pictures? Or does it have to be a real flower? 

For the prompt "Flower in nature" would it count if flowers are growing naturally somewhere even if its in the city (for example the slope next to a river or a park in the city)or does it need to be in some sort of rural setting? 

And for the prompt "Starting with the same letter as your username" only username or also display name and can "A" or "The" at the beginning of a title be ignored? 

Shiro:

Tree counts as a plant. 

No you may not use the same title for more than one block. And not more than one line of a block (aside from the lawn mower). 

Tyvm

skaah:

I reckon best bet for this is Block 16 In the same vase. I'm thinking many youth/school dramas can fit all 5 prompts. The "School" K-drama series comes to mind, specifically School 2017.  Been a while since I saw this series, but I think it fits all prompts. FL's family covers the Parent-Child and Siblings prompts, Teachers as colleagues, High School setting covers Student-Teacher, and Bromance between the 2 MLs

Yes, I believe I know a show that would match that but it's on-going so let's see. But it's good to know that School 2017 also fits. Other good bets are block 2 - Greenhouse, block 17 - weeds (eg. The Glory),  and possibly block 6 - Fallow Ground, if you get lucky with a great cast and crew.

JulyMoon:
Same for me. I remember diaries in two of the dramas I watched but not if there was a pressed plant in them... ? So far I have not found any title that would fit all 5 prompt. Well except for Block 2 that is, but that's not hard. I also like to plan ahead, but this time I think it's gonna be hard. xD

High five for us planners. :D And yes! I remember a book that had a pressed flower but I can't remember anything else about the show or the significance of it. I have watched too many dramas so it has all blended together. That's why I'm listing all the prompts I can find for each drama because there is no way I can remember so many details.

Just discovered that The Story of Park's Marriage Contract has a pressed flower in ep 12.

JulyMoon:
I got a recommendation for the drama "Meet Yourself (2023)" today and that looks really promising. I think it can fulfill quite some prompts as well, maybe even 5?

On the photos on MDL I've already noticed Flower in a pot, Plant farm/garden/agriculture, Flower in nature, Flower pattern on clothes, Flower on the cover, Flower in an art piece, Watering a plant, Tea and probably Kissing under some kind of plant as well if you look at this photo. There might be even more. 

You're so cool for this! Thank you! I'll add that in my PTW to look out for. The Story of Park's Marriage Contract  also matches so many plant prompts including healing plant but not all 5 unless we get a bit of leeway for "accidental kiss".

Question: I want to know if kissing while drunk and forgetting and then getting embarrassed counts as "Accidental Kiss". If yes then this is great for Block 25.

ColourMePurple:
High five for us planners. :D And yes! I remember a book that had a pressed flower but I can't remember anything else about the show or the significance of it. I have watched too many dramas so it has all blended together. That's why I'm listing all the prompts I can find for each drama because there is no way I can remember so many details.

That's a good plan. Right now I'm trying to recall if a drama I have watched at least 3 times does have a pressed plant in the diary...I never paid attention to that to be honest. Maybe I re-watch again... 

Do you want to use it in your challenge? I would watch it for you, I don't mind. It's one of my favorites anyway. I know it fulfils a couple prompts, such as LGBTQ+, Character Development, Same-Sex Relationship, Flowers to honor the deceased, agriculture, Adapted from a novel. 

My pleasure. It was quite a surprise for me to see what a treasure it is so I thought I share it. :) 

I already have Park's Marriage Contract on my list this year. Same with My Man is Cupid, My Demon and Welcome to Samdal-ri. ^^

JulyMoon:
That's a good plan. Right now I'm trying to recall if a drama I have watched at least 3 times does have a pressed plant in the diary...I never paid attention to that to be honest. Maybe I re-watch again... 

Do you want to use it in your challenge? I would watch it for you, I don't mind. It's one of my favorites anyway. I know it fulfils a couple prompts, such as LGBTQ+, Character Development, Same-Sex Relationship, Flowers to honor the deceased, agriculture, Adapted from a novel. 

Since The Story of Park's Marriage Contract is on your watchlist, I discovered that it has a pressed plant (flowers) in episode 12. I rewatched the earlier episodes but didn't find the potted plant and flower in food. I could have missed those though but both official custom lists have mentioned them so I think this show is perfect for block 11 to use as a lawnmower.

My Man is Cupid and My Demon both have lots of plant prompts although not as many of Park's Marriage Contract.

Question: Can we use a donated drama/title for lawnmower?

It's so sweet of you to offer though. I feel like asking someone for a title this early in the year is unfair. Can I get back to you on that?