Hey I have some questions . 

Can I use a Short Film as a Movie ? or is there a time limit for it to be counted as a Movie ? For reference the one I watched was 22 min long .

Secondly, is there a list or a tag for Dramas or Movies that are set in a different country to the one in which it was aired, because I'm having a really hard time searching for them.

Lehmi:

Can I use a Short Film as a Movie ? or is there a time limit for it to be counted as a Movie ? For reference the one I watched was 22 min long .

Secondly, is there a list or a tag for Dramas or Movies that are set in a different country to the one in which it was aired, because I'm having a really hard time searching for them.

I can't answer the first question but you can watch The Package (Korean drama). If you want more recommendations I highly suggest posting your question here https://mydramalist.com/discussions/recommendation-forum and on the Feeds. 

Lehmi:

If It is listed as movie in the database..its movie.  Dont overcomplicate it.
"Filmed Abroad" is a tag I just discovered the other day but I do not know how many things are tagged.

I have not made a list yet, if someone makes one We will link it.

NightTraveller:

I can't answer the first question but you can watch The Package (Korean drama). If you want more recommendations I highly suggest posting your question here https://mydramalist.com/discussions/recommendation-forum and on the Feeds. 

Thanks for the recommendation

OldAnimeLady:

If It is listed as movie in the database..its movie.  Dont overcomplicate it.
"Filmed Abroad" is a tag I just discovered the other day but I do not know how many things are tagged.

I have not made a list yet, if someone makes one We will link it.

Ok thank you. I will go through that tag ^^

Lehmi:

In regards to your drama filmed abroad: I put out a plea on this as well.  I was told about The Package.  It is set almost entirely in France. I really enjoyed it. :)  

Don't make the same mistake I did.  It's only for a drama, not movie.  I watched The Last Princess movie and upon doing a double-check realized only dramas count on that requirement.  

Schmetterling:

In regards to your drama filmed abroad: I put out a plea on this as well.  I was told about The Package.  It is set almost entirely in France. I really enjoyed it. :)  

Don't make the same mistake I did.  It's only for a drama, not movie.  I watched The Last Princess movie and upon doing a double-check realized only dramas count on that requirement.  

Actually its dramas AND movies for ALL requirements except the time specific ones

OldAnimeLady:

Actually its dramas AND movies for ALL requirements except the time specific ones

OldAnimeLady:

That's why I warned her---( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  

This specifically did not mention movie, just drama.  

Schmetterling:

That's why I warned her---( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  

This specifically did not mention movie, just drama.  

• ( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  
  • ( ) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.  

These two categories specifically mention Dramas only, but maybe it was an omission?

Estelll:
  • ( ) Watch a drama set in a different country to the one in which it was aired.  
  • ( ) Watch a drama that was added to a popular voted list in the list index.  

These two categories specifically mention Dramas only, but maybe it was an omission?

I wasn't sure but I followed the letter of the law on both of them.  They both mentioned only drama so that's what I watched. :)

Schmetterling:

I wasn't sure but I followed the letter of the law on both of them.  They both mentioned only drama so that's what I watched. :)

We had a weeks notice hessa wasnt doing it this year , so we copy pasted an scrambled to make changes so It wasnt exactly the same as last year. While writing ne question we forgot "/movie" on a few questions.

This year we will have more time and will most likeley start working on it in November.

OldAnimeLady:

We had a weeks notice hessa wasnt doing it this year , so we copy pasted an scrambled to make changes so It wasnt exactly the same as last year. While writing ne question we forgot "/movie" on a few questions.

This year we will have more time and will most likeley start working on it in November.

I didn’t even know about the challenge last year so I had nothing to compare it to. Looks good to me.  I appreciate  how quickly you all put this together for this year. :)

I’ve just been trying to follow the guidelines as written. 

so does The Last Princess counts as "set in a different country to the one in which it was aired"?

XingBack :

so does The Last Princess counts as "set in a different country to the one in which it was aired"?

https://mydramalist.com/search?adv=titles&th=139&so=relevance counts 

Of the three items for "The Last Princess" that I found none were filmed out site the country it is from.
For example A Japanese language movie filmed in Hong Kong

this is the one I mean https://mydramalist.com/12174-the-last-princess

basically it's a korean movie set in japan. 

I guess the challenge is more "filmed abroad" than "set in another country"

the tag kinda is not 100% accurate though? like Money Game had maybe one or two scenes in the US. but I don't think it was announced that they actually filmed in the US..

would Chocolate count? I don't know how much was filmed in another country?