hayaka:

Wow, we burned through that topic in about an hour. I had no idea the sibling thing is such a common trope in Chinese dramas. 

I just realized most of these are Cdramas

I just watched Cutie Pie, so if you'll allow BL: 

2- Cutie Pie: Kruea (the young  cute) just claimed the oldest severe one in front of some girls. 

3- tharntype 2 : Same, but this was also in front of the other ML. 

mahiba:

I just watched Cutie Pie, so if you'll allow BL: 

2- Cutie Pie: Kruea (the young  cute) just claimed the oldest severe one in front of some girls. 

3- tharntype 2 : Same, but this was also in front of the other ML. 

We are now on 4

5. My Fated Boy - ML tells 2ML to stop contacting FL so much as she is now his and doesn't need his confusing attention (or something like that).

6. Kiss The Series - He said he's possessive over FL when 2ML ask FL "if I want to get close to you, so I have to go through Thada?" At that time, Thada already fall in love with her but never showed it lol. The words from him picturing his feelings towards her. 

Such a long explanation 555

7. HIStory4: Close to You

8. My Lovely Sam Soon

9. Well-Intended Love

10. Something About 1%

10 dramas where one of the leads had a particularly unique name and what it was or why it was unique, if not obvious.

Argh, my brain automatically went to a few different series but it can't recall the details clearly enough to find the names and thus for me to add them here. I shall have to go search my watchlist.

1. Mr. Sunshine:  The ML was born in Korea as Yu Jin, but goes by his American name, Eugene, as he is now a US consul in Korea. 

2.  I'm Not A Robot:  The FL's name is AG-3 for most of the drama, or at least the ML thinks so. . 

Bonus:

The Secret Life of My Secretary:  The 2FL calls herself "Veronica Park", and her name, and the way she says it, ("Veronica  [big pause]  Park") is a running joke in the show. 

3. Vincenzo - The ML's name is Vincenzo Cassano and it's unique for Koreans that all of the characters except for 2ML misheard and/or mispronounced it. 

4. Memorist - ML name is Dong Baek. It was because he was found passed out in Dong Baek Railway station. It's a unique name

5. Bring It On, Ghost - ML's name is Park Bong Pal. The Viki TN says "very old-fashioned name, like grandpa generation". I think if it was Pal Bong it would mean something like dog poo or farts or something, I think that also pops up in the Viki TN but I cannot find it so I wouldn't take that as a certain.

On a completely side note that has nothing to do with Asian dramas, Robin Hood: Men In Tights is full of odd names. Blinkin, Achoo, Asneeze, Latrine and Filthy Luca. VERY funny movie (though if you get offended easily by old movies where PC doesn't exist, don't watch it).

not sure if movies count as well but

6. My Love (2021) - FL’s name is You Yong Ci, which sounds similar to "swimming pool / 游泳池" in Mandarin. Her name is one of the reasons why ML, who’s a swimmer, fell for her and thought they were meant-to-be.