emaureeng:

I could recommend some movies but haven't watched any SE Asian dramas not included on MDL. Also, why ask "where you watched them" - most drama-watching takes place at home.

I think that “where you watched them” is asking about  what platform or website you can find those shows

The latest question is very vague. I can recommend quite a number of titles from my country and they can all be found on Netflix, but I doubt it's for all regions. OP might need to rephrase or change the question.

Wow, sorry. Didn't realise this would turn out this way. So I was thinking about countries like Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Mongolia, Singapore. I'd even take Nepal and Bhutan. Please avoid India (that's would be way too easy and is a whole thing in and of itself). Sorry if my definitions of regional areas was off. Thanks @emi, yes. What platform did you watch them on? Netflx, Youtube, OnDemandVietnam and so on.

1. Smart Girls - Khmer (Cambodia) - YouTube.

2. To Handsome to Handle (Indonesia- it's on Netflix - typical teen romance)

*I can't say I highly recommend it, but it's just something to watch when you feel like watching a corny movie.

3. The Oath - Singapore - Netflix: Two doctors with opposite approaches (Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine) to treating patients clash on the job and must learn to trust each other's expertise, allowing love to bloom

Elle0807:

2. To Handsome to Handle (Indonesia- it's on Netflix - typical teen romance)

I just looked it up. Looks like it will be hilarious, and rather daft.

Wish Upon A Star:

3. The Oath - Singapore - Netflix: Two doctors with opposite approaches (Western Medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine) to treating patients clash on the job and must learn to trust each other's expertise, allowing love to bloom

This one looks good. Thanks for the mention.

More to add to my watchlist.

I remember liking it, but I don't know if it was to the extent of "highly recommend."

4. My Brother (Vietnam) - CiF TV YouTube - it has an open end though, I think it was cancelled or something.

5. The Little Nyonya (Singapore) - Netflix 

6. Legend of the Eight Immortals (Singapore) - Netflix 

While I haven’t personally watch The Little Nonya, it’s one of Singapore’s highly rated series. As for Legend of the Eight Immortals, it’s a remake of the classic Journey to the West. Unfortunately, the cgi (is that even cgi yeesh!) is horrible since it’s a 90’s show, but it’s dear to me coz I watched it in my teens and have loved it since then :’)

Just started a topic on "Dramas from Singapore" for fellow MDL users who are keen on dramas from Singapore, to recommend and discuss Singaporean dramas. Do hop on there to engage on Singaporean dramas.

Cool. This discussion board is about Vietnam.

7. Jibril - Viu 

8. Munafik {Hypocrite} - Netflix  

Both of this are from Malaysia. Jibril is a drama adaptation from Mock Trial UiTM, but with fresher version. Munafik is a supernatural horror movie.

9. Stage of Love - Vietnam but i cant remember where i watched it

10.  Against the Tide - Singapore, Netflix

10 dramas better than the original piece of media they were adapted from. 

*In the case of it being adapted from a manga or book you haven't been able to read, it is also okay if you just think it was better than the other adaptations

1. Go Princess Go(Mr. Queen)

2. Word of honor- I haven't read the book but it is widely said that the drama was better than the book despite it's obvious flaws and budget constraints.

Stage of Love was released on YouTube, that's where I watched it.