Farah wrote: I'm not addicted to Bollywood movies as I'm to J\kdramas.However,there are some Bollywood movies worthy of being labelled as masterpieces.My fav actors would be SRK and Amir.Some recommendations for new Bollywood fans from among my favorite Bollywood list-
1.3 Idiots-Extremely funny with a significant message *highly recommended*
2.Tarree Zameen Par-lovely and thought-provoking *highly recommended*
3.Barfi-very sweet love story about people with disabilities *recommended*
4.Jane Tu Yaa Janee Na-cute story.A perfect choice for rom-com lovers *recommended*
5.Rang De Basanti-Story about youth and patriotism *recommended*
6.Kal Ho na Ho-One of the best yet intense love-stories I've seen so far in a Bollywood movie *highly recommended*
7.Raajneeti-Political movie.Intense and thought-provoking.You may discover ur new fav actor in this one ;) *recommended*
8.Tum Bin-A bit old compared to the others.A sweet love story with classic OST *recommended*
9.Lage Raho Munna Bhai-sequel of Munna Bhai MBBS.Very funny. *Highly recommended*
10.Jaab We Met-Another sweet rom-com *recommended*

These are great choices to start with Bollywood.

If you don't know what to watch then start with any SRK or Amir movie!!
Farah wrote: Raajneeti-Political movie.Intense and thought-provoking.You may discover ur new fav actor in this one ;) *recommended*

Ha...ha...right......rising star :)
RK of new generation :D
Haha seriously! RK is such a talented actor! His excellent acting skill never fails to amaze me.He rocked it once again in Barfi :)
I personally love Imram Khan! He's becoming a great actor and never fails to make me laugh and suffer with him. His best, of course, is Jaane Tu
what other bollywood with the same league as 3 idiots?
bokami wrote: what other bollywood with the same league as 3 idiots?

lol I think 3 idiots is quite unique, most are rom-coms, so I can't think of one right now
bokami wrote: what other bollywood with the same league as 3 idiots?

Right now two movies came in my mind which are in same league as 3 Idiots.

Dil Chahta Hai
Munnabhai MBBS
Pyeon-Eun-Jeong wrote: Right now two movies came in my mind which are in same league as 3 Idiots.

Dil Chahta Hai
Munnabhai MBBS

ive seen MBBS...almost 3 idiotish too ^^
i have Dil Chahta Hai...but didnt watch it throughly...but i plan to see it again in the right time...

my 2nd fave bollywood was Lagaan

...almost all bollywood films i watch3d was great....due to research b4 watch ^^
bokami wrote: ive seen MBBS...almost 3 idiotish too ^^
i have Dil Chahta Hai...but didnt watch it throughly...but i plan to see it again in the right time...

my 2nd fave bollywood was Lagaan

...almost all bollywood films i watch3d was great....due to research b4 watch ^^

Watch it you'll like it :)

Lagaan is also a great movie also :)

That's not true for me because I've prepare research papers for others :P
Pyeon-Eun-Jeong wrote: Watch it you'll like it :)

Lagaan is also a great movie also :)

That's not true for me because I've prepare research papers for others :P

give me your top10 so i can ptw them for reserve

...hard for me to track bollywoods unlike hollywood or asians.....i just became craze with some of them when ive seen 3 idiots...showed by my professor in class...and i ve watched it 5 times already back in 2009/10 forgot ^^ then the rest is history (is slumdog consider bollywood?)
beca256 wrote: I personally love Imram Khan! He's becoming a great actor and never fails to make me laugh and suffer with him. His best, of course, is Jaane Tu

That's the actor from Mere Brother, right? I love him. :D
bokami wrote: give me your top10 so i can ptw them for reserve

...hard for me to track bollywoods unlike hollywood or asians.....i just became craze with some of them when ive seen 3 idiots...showed by my professor in class...and i ve watched it 5 times already back in 2009/10 forgot ^^ then the rest is history (is slumdog consider bollywood?)

Slumdog is a Hollywood movie with Indian actors and background.

Its hard to choose 10 so I'll give you more :)

Tere Bin Laden
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Chak De India
Swades
Veer Zaara
Munnabhai (Both movies)
Herapheri (Both)
3 Idiots
Rang De Basanti
Lagaan
A Wednesday
Taare Zameen Par
Dil Chahta Hai
Udaan
Pyeon-Eun-Jeong wrote: Slumdog is a Hollywood movie with Indian actors and background.

Its hard to choose 10 so I'll give you more :)

Tere Bin Laden
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Chak De India
Swades
Veer Zaara
Munnabhai (Both movies)
Herapheri (Both)
3 Idiots
Rang De Basanti
Lagaan
A Wednesday
Taare Zameen Par
Dil Chahta Hai
Udaan

Tere Bin Laden --- never heard
Kal Ho Naa Ho ---- never heard
Chak De India ---- never heard
Swades ----- gotcha
Veer Zaara ---- never heard
Munnabhai (Both movies) ----- mbbs - 9 , lage - 8
Herapheri (Both) ------ neverheard
3 Idiots ---- 10
Rang De Basanti ----- gotcha
Lagaan ------- 9
A Wednesday -- didnt work for me
Taare Zameen Par - 9
Dil Chahta Hai -------- gotcha
Udaan ------- gotcha

i will look for the neverheard one
Watch 'Tere Bin Laden' first....this is a great movie....a real comedy and actor who played role of duplicate of Bin Laden is just incredible.
Bollywood is Khan !! <3