I recommend xBBBlue to watch My Only Love Song. It’s such a silly little parody with great chemistry that has quickly become my favorite guilty pleasure watch. I looked through your completed and ptw, so I hope you‘ll find it funny too. I couldn’t find "River Where The Moon Rises" on any of your lists but in case you know the drama, MOLS is basically a parody of that :)

I accept _Choa_ 's recommendation to watch Reset . Been meaning to watch that forever but it never made it onto my ptw… thank you!

Overall I had a good time & liked it but I binged it within 24hrs and maybe that's why I found it was too long, even at just 15 episodes. Time loop is great in movies or mini dramas but since it was always 100% focused on the loop and since they never once tried to just continue their day or not care about what will happen, it got repetitive and it took them entire episodes to pick up clues the audience knew 2 episodes prior....also I got questions about the time loop itself. 

OfficerJiang was a moody-cutie tho, lol

I recommend Sugar Crown to watch Reset. Sorry I haven't watched too many non korean dramas yet so I don't have too many to recommend from. I know it is a bit different from what you usually watch but it is a very enjoyable and interesting watch! The mystery and thriller aspects are well done and engaging and there is a bit of romance also ;) Hopefully you enjoy it! 

1st Challenge Completed - From Now On, Showtime!

I recommend _Choa_ to watch Love Me If You Dare .  As you seem to like thrillers, I made the recommendation accordingly. 

Accepted jenn's recommendation - Weak Hero Class 1

Status - Completed - (8.5/10) - I liked it.

1st Challenge |

I recommend @SKYLINE to watch Weak Hero Class 1. It is one of my ultimate favorites. I did not see it on your PTW or Completed, so I recommended it.

I accept @Michelles_Musings  recommendation to watch Lost Romance. I had to look it up on Viki and its the kind of Webtoons I read so I will check it out.

Started: 1.08.24

Completed: 20/20 on 1.10.24

Rate: 8

I enjoyed it! It did feel a bit dragged out between episodes 13-16 but it was still interesting enough to continue and finish it within 3 days. I am unsure if I would watch something with a similar plot since it is a bit complicated and can get confusing, However, this show did an amazing job executing such a plot. 

Completed Cant Help Falling in Love 

I recommend Jenn  to watch Lost Romance. This is a 20 part drama from Taiwan and based on your completed list we have a few in common so I hope you like this one. as much as I do. I have re-watched multiple times.

I accept JulyMoon's recommendation to watch Love Between Fairy and Devil this is I want to watch more Wuxia so this is perfect. 

I finished my last challenge from 2023. You can find my edited post here: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/forum-games/83729-we-watch-challenge-2023?pid=2909423&page=14#p2909423

@Michelles_Musings 

It's hard to guess your taste based on your Completed list. There are a couple dramas we loved both and others you seemed to enjoy that were not my cup of tea, haha. 

I'll make a wild guess and recommend you a Wuxia C-Drama because I have seen you haven't watched many yet and I think you might enjoy this one because the main leads give off really sweet vibes. 

I recommend Love Between Fairy and Devil to you.

I accept SKYLINE's recommendation The Hows of Us

The end had me in tears, it was such a great movie. Amazing cast, good story, I love it. Thank you so much for recommending it to me, SKYLINE! 💕

Rating: 10 

2nd Challenge completed - Weak Hero Class 1

I recommend JulyMoon to watch The Hows of Us. I go around recommending this to every third person I talk about dramas/movies😅😅, that's how much I liked it😊. I hope you enjoy it as much I did. If you wish to replace message me I'll recommend something else.

Accepted Cam recommendation - Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

Status - Completed - (7.5/10)

If you consider it as only rom-com it pass of as a fairly good drama but it also had sports genre to it which got lost somewhere. So, I'll take it as light tone to sports genre, and it is still a decent watch with good acting and great chemistry among cast members. I had my share of laughs and also butterfly moments.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Hi! I'm excited to try out this challenge! It's my first time and it looks like a lot of fun! 

I recommend SKYLINE to watch Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. This is one of my all time favorite dramas! It is a cute romantic comedy! If it is not something you're interested in I can recommend something else! I did not find this one in your PTW.

I would prefer to have something from my PTW list as I am trying to clean it out, but if there's anything not on that list I'm down to watch it too! I really like titles from South Korea, Thailand, and a little bit from China. I am not a huge fan of historical dramas unless they're Korean. 

I accept jenn's recommendation of Sweet Home!

Rating: unknown

4/30 EDIT: so sorry i have not had time to watch this!

1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge:

Hi Cam, I looked through your PTW and I recommend Sweet Home. Song Kang is amazing in it and honestly, it surprised me with how much I enjoyed it when I first saw it. I hope you enjoy it.

I accept @ElBee's recommendation for Mystery to Iunakare.  Must admit, I have seen this occasionally on my scrolls for new shows and always ignore it since it just didn't appeal to me. Glad to have a reason to start it now.

Started: 1.11.24
Finished: 1.12.24

Rate: 9
I freaking loved it! I did not think I would enjoy it so much. Honestly, it was so refreshing. I adored  Totono, Garo, and Raika san, they were my favorite characters and I loved their interactions with Totono. That ending tho!! omg. I loved Totono's quirky mannerisms and those moments when he just rambles on in his apartment with curry. Poor thing just wanted to eat his curry in peace. 

I am back for our second year of this great challenge!

For jenn I am recommending quirky little Jdrama Mystery to Iunakare. I decided not to go with something very dark or deeply saddening since at least here the weather is already cold and dark! It is a bit of a gamble because you either love the thoughtful smart fluffball lead or you don’t, but I hope you find him and the stories he finds himself thrown into as charming as I did!

Open for recs! No dubbing is my only requirement, and feel free to completely ignore my PTW which is just a “pay attention to/look at this later” mess and less indicative of my taste than my completed list/ratings. :) 

I accept jenn’s recommendation of About Youth! I haven’t heard of it and am happy to be exposed to new shows! :) Really glad you loved Totono & his unusual friendships! (I saw it in your 24 recs post when I was making one which made me happy, especially with over half the month left!)   There is a special that is a modified version of ep 1 (for ppl who hadn’t seen the drama or to recap who was who after a while apart) plus a new adventure… and a movie that I am “patiently” waiting for (Suda Masaki is one of my top 3 Japanese actors, though).  

Status: 9/10 I adored this! My only real complaint is that it is way too short (and they are all rookies so there is no deep diving into earlier works, too)! They were so ridiculously adorable, teen awkwardness and all! I felt a suitable amount of embarrassment and felt my face wrinkling and toes curling watching the second couple kiss like inexperienced high schoolers-it is like watching awkward baby ducks struggling with their first efforts at navigation, but I don’t have memories of my waddle and flip over stage of life, so I just giggle at the ducks instead of repressing my teen romance era😆. I love that they cast actual 18-19 year olds to play teens instead of me having to get past the noticeable gap in actor and character age for quite a lot of shows. I want another 4 hours, though, of them with a pair of possibly reluctant supportive parents (mama bears want their cubs happy&wi wipe papa out if they mess with their babies! I realllly love the ML musician’s mom. Such a great, natural fit!).

I totally get why you rewatch it! I rewatch almost nothing, but my weakness for puppy faces might shoot me down the next time I have a few hours of lull. I would love a movie version that removes all but one of the kinda long intros and behind the scenes they can throw together at the very end to just hit play and let it go for 3ish hours without occasionally fast forwarding (esp at the beginning when I didn’t want the story spoiled-I prefer short, spoiler-free intros that only show what has been shown already [I do sometimes watch them for shows where they take highlight scenes from the past eps to trigger memories and jump right in, but most don’t do it since it is a labor of love]).

Thank you for such a great rec! ❤️

1st Challenge | 2nd Challenge | 3rd Challenge: 

Hi ElBee, I looked through your completed list and it seems like you have not seen About Youth. I recommend you to watch About You, it is a cute short Taiwanese series. I noticed you do not have many Taiwanese dramas watched so decided to go with this one. It is a favorite rewatch for me and I am obsessed with the OST. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

[P.S. Thank you for your recommendation! I loved it!]

Open for recommendations and as always no horror please and for now something no longer than 20 eps. I cannot continue binging these recommendations LOL. Short series is preferred at the moment :)

Hi SelmaS, I accept your recommendation for 17.3 About a Sex and I will prioritize Would You Like a Cup of Coffee? on my PTW so I can watch it after 17.3. I have heard that this was a little sad (i.e. 17.3) so I was a little scared to start it due to some tags but I will give it a shot and let you know. thank you
Also, I know I have a long PTW so it's okay if you didn't even go through all of it LOL.

Started: 1.13.24
Finished: 1.13.24

Rate: 8.5
I truly enjoyed it and I wanted to give it a 9 so badly cause I felt that the topics discussed were so important. However, I did feel like some of the major issues were kinda left for interpretation or there was no real follow-up. I understand that it is hard to do all that in 25-30-minute episodes, especially when there are only 9 episodes but I felt like it needed more IMO. For instance, regarding the  STD episode, I kind of wanted to see how the character would communicate that with her partner after brazenly assuming he wanted sex with her and having him get tested in a clinic. Also wanted to see how she would deal with informing her parents cause its difficult to believe that a 17-year-old would be all happy and rainbows immediately after finding out she has an STD and go on with living her life. I just found it hard to see how she was not more emotionally conflicted about it. Not saying I wanted her sad the entire time but more of a realistic reaction from a 17-year-old girl. The show did well in portraying the common concerns of young adults in high school. Big fan. Thank you for the rec. I loved it. [8.5 is still good haha I am just so picky when it comes to shows discussing topics such as these]

Hi jenn, you have some really good dramas on your PTW list so I had a lot of trouble choosing something. Since you want something short how about https://mydramalist.com/69669-17-3-about-a-sex? It is short and funny and serious at the same time, really surprising, unexpected!

NB. It is the first drama on your list but I promise, I checked out the whole list!LOL (I was torn between this one and the korean https://mydramalist.com/700277-shall-i-have-a-cup-of-coffee!)

EDIT: Do not worry jenn neither one of these dramas is a sad one, just slice of life! I never watch sad dramas!;-)

I am happy to see that this challenge is getting to be more and more popular! I am open to recommendations! Only one genre is to be avoided, please, and that is horror; so no gore, cannibals, zombies, killer viruses and endings of the World! Pretty please! Everything else is a go! Thanks!

EDIT Thank you JulyMoon! I was going to watch it one day, sometimes in the uncertain future, probably never so thank you for geting it out of the limbo for me! Currently watching: One Day Off (https://mydramalist.com/738123-park-ha-kyung-travel-diary)!

EDIT 2: Well I finished this short drama: it was beautifully filmed, optimistic with some interesting and quirky characters: the episodes were a mixed lot and I liked some better(Jeju island) than the others. Very often I had a feeling it was a mash up of genres (documentary, ad and slice of life)! Thank you JulyMoon!

Very nice watch. 8/10.

Completed my first recommendation this year and I'm ready for the next one. 

To SelmaS, I recommend you the drama "One Day Off", which I found on your PTW list. It's a nice "escape from daily routine" drama with beautiful scenery and more. 

I'm open to recommendations. Please check my profile for genres/tags I prefer to avoid. It would be great if you find something on my Plan to Watch list but if not that's fine too. Thanks! :)

I accept arthvmis' recommendation for Who Rules The World. :) I'm still watching the equally long C-Drama The Legend of Anle but once I finish that, I'll go for it. 

Rating: 8/10

Review: Solid drama that (for the most part) was a joy to watch. I especially appreciated the witty female lead character, that can fight and outsmart others on her own. The characters are very well written, they have relatable motives behind their actions and there is character development. The cast and OST were amazing.
On the other hand the slow burn romance was really too slow here imo. I rooted for Lanxi and Xiyun and enjoyed their sweet moments, wishing for more. 

Towards the end, the pacing was messed up and the drama got rushed. The end itself was too heartbreaking for me, I cannot consider it as happy ever after.

Hi! It's my first time participating in this challenge and it looks so fun! 

To JulyMoon, I want to recommend Who Rules The World. I finished it year and a half ago but to this day I can't stop thinking about this drama. I hope you'll be as obsessed as I am once you finish watching! ♥ What I love the most are main characters, they are both strong and incredibly smart, their banter is so fun but they also have deep mutual understanding and respect for each other. They made my heart flutter many times! The director and screenwriter found great balance between comedic parts and more serious parts of the plot. It's also on your PTW list so I'm hoping you'll like it!

I've been in the worst drama slump for quite some time so I'm waiting for a recommendation that will make me fall in love with dramas again! Lately nothing is holding my attention, I'm skipping a lot but still I can't finish anything :(  

Thank you ElBee for recommendation! ♥ I saw many people enjoying Twinkling Watermelon so I hope I'll love it too.

1st challenge of 2024 complete!

Slumps are tough, so I considered quite a lot of titles before deciding. For arthvmisI am going to recommend Twinkling Watermelon which was one of my favorites last year! It is high energy and has a lot of heart with characters ones you can’t help but root for, especially how authentic the “teen experience” felt to me as I laughed at, sometimes with, them, had my heart ache for them immensely at times, and felt really satisfied with the development and end (and the time travel didn’t become a hurdle to overcome or ignore since they kept it clean and straightforward and didn’t overcomplicate it). The use of sign language throughout was deeply touching to me and was powerfully delivered. 

I hope you get a little bit of drama fever back in you!

Open for recs! No dubbing is my only requirement, and feel free to completely ignore my PTW which is just a “pay attention to/look at this later” mess! My completed list/ratings are a better way to figure my tastes out! :)

I accept jenns recommendation for Like in the Movies! I haven’t gotten through much Filipino content mostly because 95% of the stuff I have been exposed to (what airs on Filipino cable and satellite network stations) was totally not my kind of show (think scandal-rich, violent, sensationalist, sex-filled soap operas but without me understanding the dialogue, the stuff Filipino aunties watched and trash talked about the characters and gossiped while watching). Happy to explore another kind of show to enjoy and not groan at (my body may be quite old, but I don’t have a soapy soul yet and my brain may just not be built for that kind of content). :) 

P.S. Thanks for the playlist link! :) 

Status: Done in a flash (now I have slept and can rate it). This one gets a 9.5 from me. I loved the leads and really appreciated the authenticity of the story. I am not very fond of the flavor of BL (I wouldn’t really classify this as such) that essentially fetishize gay men for mostly female viewers, so I really felt irked for a bit by the sister until she was given backstory. I especially appreciate its self-awareness in that respect. I still wouldn’t like her much in real life, but she means well even if she is clumsy at something really simple. She does, though, do the right thing in saying, “don’t make him hide.” The last two episodes really spiked the rating of this for me. It was cute and angsty, real enough, early on, and their friendship forged with his uncle’s words to pay it forward and help someone in need of it was really lovely… that it became a love story was predictable from the first glance, but it was better that they ended it without some saccharin fluffy ending. It resonated far more because coming out of the closet is rarely a quick process. I really appreciate the tiny little revelations like the boy who was nice to him at age 6 and how happy it made him before he had any understanding of sexuality but gravitated toward boys then (there is a slight bit of confusion, though, as if the writer had already decided in the blame story when at age 6, most boys gravitate toward other boys anyway so it could’ve used more careful execution to say exactly when they decided he was “to blame” since it seems really unusual to expect a 6-turned-7 year old to gravitate towards girls when boys are more familiar. Sure, plenty of kids explore other kids, but it is very equal, girl:girl, boy:boy, boy:girl , all about who they have access to at all. That is a detail I remember from uni era research dives, a consistent one across over 30 years of sexuality in kids being researched, random but something that made complete sense to me having both known enough kids and learned enough about development to have it seem like common sense for curious kiddos, regardless of what they feel later in life about other people.

Thank you for the great rec again! :)