So a lot of times I ask myself how the heck is the drama rated ex. 7.00, when it hasn't even aired or is currently airing. Which brings me to the question how or when do you rate dramas/movies? I for example rate the drama until I complete it. I don't like rating dramas when they aren't even finished, but that's my personal opinion. So what about you.
I might rate something when I get about halfway through the series and I may or may not change the rating after I've completed the series.
I rate episodes and then the series after completion.
I rate when the spirit moves me :) usually 5-7 episodes in. And I change it whenever I want...it's mydramalist. lol
I rate by the acting and how they are able to show their feelings. I hate rating before they even finished too but its hard to continue one that doesnt have a good plot or anything.
I rate it after I finish it and if I drop it, depending on how far along I got, I rate it or not. For example if I dropped a drama at episode 2 I don't rate it but if I dropped it at episode 10 I do rate it. And I hate when people rate dramas before they start airing, I think it's silly
Sometimes I rate dramas temporarily based on how I'm enjoying them at that time, but usually I just wait until the end. I typically come up with one solid rating based primarily on how entertaining I think the drama or movie is.
Mostly at the end... Feeling/emotions + attachment with characters and story + background music + actor/actress + mood + some random = My rating!! Simple!! :D It looks like an equation but its not. These are factors and I rate it based on how I feel about them, I don't think about rating, number just come out and I rate it.
I like to rate when i'm done with the whole drama, i would say i'm a slighter high rater except i rarely give 10. Majority of my rating falls bwt 9-7. I believe what plays the biggest part for me is how much the drama kept me interest and how good the ending was. If the drama got me bored in any single moment it drops down a rating and if the ending was bad it would drop down too :x so even tho city hunter was one of my favorite drama, i couldnt give it a 10 since i disliked the end ;c
95 % of the time I rate a drama after completing it. There are a few exceptions, though - Dramas I had to put on hold but still liked a lot and rated 9 for example. :)
I usually rate after I finish watching it...even if sometimes, when I really love the drama, I might already give a rate halfway...eventually changing it afterwards. I may seem too "generous" in rating...(I give so many 10..). Maybe I'm too affected by the emotions, giving a rate right after the ending, I'm still absorbed in the drama's atmosphere... ^^'' but I hardly ever change my mind thinking about it later... My rates are mostly related to the feelings the drama/movie gave me...not often to objective characteristics... ^^''
Nice question! I wanted to answer this hours ago when I saw it. This could get interesting and maybe we could learn from each other.

I usually rate the whole drama after I watch it and I rate from the top down. I mean, everything's a ten and then I start deducting points based on two main categories: the story and the acting.

If you tell me a good story--well laid out and something that I could lose myself into, it's a 10. Usually I like resolved endings than open-ended ones--those can be frustrating especially when the writers makes you want it so bad but then they leave you in the air.

And second, there must be a good build up. A good story has development--I think Japanese dramas best portray this point. When they introduce a character, they usually do it casually and flash the new face on focus for a bit, make the new character and the protagonist talk or meet, briefly at first and then they focus at him or her at the next episode.

On acting -- Actors really play a crucial role in a drama because they give life to it--but they cannot do if their faces are half-dead or they just bear the same kind of expression for ALL feelings. :\

Also, there has to be character development. The supporting cast is there for a reason. And if a drama incorporates its characters for the enhancement of its story, no matter how small or big their roles maybe, it's a 10 for me.

I've recently tried averaging a drama's overall rating from the episode ratings with the same guides above. ^_^ They're helpful but when you rate the whole drama, and weigh whether the things that I dislike about it are merit enough to deduct a point or not. I try asking: Was the acting was really bothersome that it affected the mood? And the female lead needs to leave him because...? What's the story's point? Do I agree with that? And so on... :D
bokami wrote: I rolll a dice

lmao sounds like a good idea :P
BlackVivian wrote: I usually rate after I finish watching it...even if sometimes, when I really love the drama, I might already give a rate halfway...eventually changing it afterwards.

I may seem too "generous" in rating...(I give so many 10..). Maybe I'm too affected by the emotions, giving a rate right after the ending, I'm still absorbed in the drama's atmosphere... ^^'' but I hardly ever change my mind thinking about it later...
My rates are mostly related to the feelings the drama/movie gave me...not often to objective characteristics... ^^''

haha yeah i give a lot of 10's too.