Dear Friends of the MDL realm!

Yahoo! It’s been 10 years! I was a drama newbie in 2008 and it’s now 2018. Even though I was at an international school 2005, I was still stuck in my old ways of only watching animes from Japan. Sigh. My world was so limited. Then I chanced upon the anime Oseam which brought me to Korean and other country dramas and, well, the rest is history. Bless the site mysoju because it was the first site I ventured on for my dose of drama highs and lows. Seriously, during a time of illness, these dramas were my constant companion. Reminiscing on those days, I’m curious to know who was watching  dramas then. What sites were you using and what were your favourite dramas? I’m also curious to know who was watching before the 2000s and how you acquired your dramas.

Your Truly,

Fellow Drama Lover

Congratulations on reaching a milestone!

Ah, mysoju. Those were the days. I remember using dramacrazy, where each episodes were split into parts, the video quality was abysmal, and buffering took forever but who cares as long I got my drama fix :D.

On another note, I watched Japanese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong dramas on television since 1990s, but that's simply because I'm from Southeast Asia and dramas from those countries were big in my part of the world.

In the early 2000s, when fansubbing started to take off but Internet connection was not as widespread (or as good) as it is now, people at my college were downloading dramas (and anime) from our school computers and burned them on CDs, which we circulated among ourselves. I remember the first dramas that I watched using this (dubious) method. For Kdrama, it was Full House, and for Jdrama it was Motokare. Gosh, now I'm feeling old!

Sounds so interestin!

I started watching Asian dramas in 2013 when I discovered the Viki and Dramafever channels on my Roku when I was recovering from a foot injury and couldn't work for 5 months.... My first drama was Fated to Love You woth Jang Hyuk and I fell in love with Jang Hyuk and kdramas after that...... I then ventured into Taiwanese with Murphy's Law of Romance and  Just You and became fans of Danson Tang, Aaron Yan and Jolin Chien  dramas and music..... I watched several Japanese crime shows and live action anime movies and started following Kento Yamazaki, Kento Nakajima, Haruma Muira, Tomohisa Yamashita and Narita Ryo... I discovered Wallace Huo and Wang Kai in Love Me if You Dare and then watched several  of their dramas and luckily a lot of them used their real voices (not dubbed)....I only watched about 5 Thai movies but I enjoyed them and found Mike D'Angelo, Mario Mauer, Ananda Everingham, Sukrit Wisedkaew  and Thassapak Hsu

I  enjoy finding new dramas/movies to watch so  I search mydramalist for new shows or look at the actors bio page