kYuBin:
I just don't like cast changes, even if the actors aren't the best or if I like the new one better than the original. I stopped watching "River Where the Moon Rises"  when they changed the actor playing On Dal, even though I liked the drama. ^^ 

Yeah I get how you feel about cast changes, though I think I'm less bothered by them than you. It will inevitably create some discontinuity in the storyline that will decrease the overall quality of the watching experience. I continued with River Where the Moon Rises after the actor switch an ended up being kinda happy about it since I thought Na In Woo was way better than Ji Soo, but I think you may have done yourself a big favor by bailing … I’ve rarely be more angry with a drama’s ending ...

kYuBin:
Same ! This historical period and events have all the potential for the epic stories I want to see and watch. And I feel like this one might be a very good surprise for me, based on the first trailer. I kinda have the feeling of 2000/2010 sageuk with this one, with the increased quality production, so I hope it will not disappoint.

Exactly! I feel like the vast majority of historical dramas focus on scheming court politics, and of course I do love some of those dramas, but I always look forward to things that seems more momentous or epic. Also anything pre-Joseon tends to peak my interest, since we get so many Joseon dramas.

kYuBin:
I don't see which one it is the time travel one you mentioned though. I may have missed it, or just ignored it because it's a time travel one. ^^

I found it, it's called The Moon that Rises in the Day. Based on the description it kinda seems like it might be mostly set in the present? But MDL has tagged it as Historical and Historical Fiction ... then again sometimes MDL assigns genres bizarrely, so I don't really know? Anyway, I'm not expecting much ...

park chaeyoung:

so will you merry me or not dude 

Please stay on topic! This is a forum about historical dramas.

I didn't know this forum existed! Historical is in like, my top 2 favorite genres. I've subscribed :) 

nitzy:

I didn't know this forum existed! Historical is in like, my top 2 favorite genres. I've subscribed :) 

Welcome!! ^_^

I’m currently watching I Feel You Linger In The Air, which just started last week. So far so good, and really looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow. 

Also watching Love You Seven Times (although that’s not historical). Interesting, but hoping it doesn’t start to get repetitive.

ok ok ill stay on topic mom

LuvdaKDrama44:

I’m currently watching I Feel You Linger In The Air, which just started last week. So far so good, and really looking forward to episode 2 tomorrow. 

Also watching Love You Seven Times (although that’s not historical). Interesting, but hoping it doesn’t start to get repetitive.

Linger........titlez making me tempt to watch

Just to let admin know that Egg and Stone started airing on August 31st

awkward potato:

Just to let admin know that Egg and Stone started airing on August 31st

Thanks! ^_^ 

I just updated the list, added some other dramas, too: 

Historical Dramas Club - Currently Airing 

Hi Estelll, sorry to disturb you again ^^’

My Journey to You dropped in unannounced on iQiyi today. First three eps have already aired~

Also, Love You Seven Times finished airing on August 30

awkward potato:
My Journey to You dropped in unannounced on iQiyi today. First three eps have already aired~

ooh!  thanks for the info =)

Egg and Stone looks like a comedy wuxia ...

will someone please merry me