Estelll:
A warm Welcome to all the new members, @I_M, @Grouchy, @nathsketch (and anyone else I may have missed, know it's not intentional & you of course are welcome)! ^_^

Thank you Estelll! ♥️

nathsketch:

Hello Potato!! How you've been?

Doing well and floating about, helping out Estell here and there with my mediocre knowledge of historical dramas :’)

awkward potato:

Probably, My Journey to You is the current wuxia that can be recommended to your friend since it’s only 24 eps long and it boasts a lovely cinematography and fight sequences. Not mentioning the plethora of beautiful men and women XD The down side to this drama is that it can be slow at times and, well, questionable characters ^^”

thank you! 24 eps sound okay! and pretty people! I seen it mention but I was kind of worried is it draggy.

questionable characters loool. Kind of curious what are those characters now that you say it.

awkward potato:

Doing well and floating about, helping out Estell here and there with my mediocre knowledge of historical dramas :’)

Good! Mediocre? Nah, you guys are Yodas of dramas. I want to absorb your knowledge!

I love those historical dramas. LOVE them. Haven't watched a single thing with people speaking English for almost a year lol

Grouchy:

thank you! 24 eps sound okay! and pretty people! I seen it mention but I was kind of worried is it draggy.

questionable characters loool. Kind of curious what are those characters now that you say it.

Go for it, Grouchy! My Journey to You is a feast for the eyes. The cinematography is stunning and the plot is mind-blowing.

Grouchy:

To avoid the feeling of dragging, this drama isn’t a good one to binge watch coz one episode is about an hour long. And then the characters talk in slow, hushed whispers as well XD Questionable, because you’ll be wondering why does this character behaves like that, what makes him think this idea is good, etc…

Estelll:
A warm Welcome to all the new members, @I_M, @Grouchy, @nathsketch (and anyone else I may have missed, know it's not intentional & you of course are welcome)! ^_^

I'm so new, I didn't know can do @ at people 😳😳

To be honest, I would love for them to watch(re-watch) Love and Redemption with me. But I wasn't sure about it as a first thing to watch. I heard Ashes of Love is described as it's deeper/more angst?

I was thinking would Eternal Love be good idea. I didn't watch the whole thing somehow. So I was thinking of watching one of the suggested xianxia/wuxia with them. I mean I could explain things in chat I guess hahaha.

The story and pace matters more I think. CGI is fun, but if the story is flat or some character(s) are too annoying (gosh i want to complain about one or few), I don't think I can recommend to people :o

Chinese Paladin is maybe less cgi, but my friend is very accepting of older content 😀😀😀😀

Blood of Youth sounds a maybe too! Now that I think about it, I usually watch wuxia more like "The Wolf".

Thanks for all suggestions ❤❤❤❤❤

nathsketch:

Go for it, Grouchy! My Journey to You is a feast for the eyes. The cinematography is stunning and the plot is mind-blowing. 

yay my name is called! i need to try for at least the cinematography 🤭

okay added to PTW 😸!

awkward potato:

To avoid the feeling of dragging, this drama isn’t a good one to binge watch coz one episode is about an hour long. And then the characters talk in slow, hushed whispers as well XD Questionable, because you’ll be wondering why does this character behaves like that, what makes him think this idea is good, etc…

ah they rarely can binge anything. we might go for slowly working on it. 24 is doable i think!

dramas just need one of those questionable ppl i suppose! even if they are...questionable and probably will drag down the main leads later 🤭🤭😹😹😹

Grouchy:
yay my name is called! i need to try for at least the cinematography 🤭

Lol, it's a nice name! I like saying Grouchy! It's crunchy hahaha

Yes, I think you won't be disappointed!

Grouchy:
ah they rarely can binge anything. we might go for slowly working on it. 24 is doable i think!

The story is filled with details, so maybe watching it carefully and slowly is better. Too much information to binge it all.

Grouchy:
dramas just need one of those questionable ppl i suppose!

Questionable, yes. There'll be some of those guys! 😅

nathsketch:
Lol, it's a nice name! I like saying Grouchy! It's crunchy hahaha

😸thank ! 🥰🥰

nathsketch:
The story is filled with details, so maybe watching it carefully and slowly is better. Too much information to binge it all.

I am pretty guilty of hitting the skip 10 sec button sometimes ! ok gonna resist so wont miss info 🤗

Grouchy:

😸thank ! 🥰🥰

I am pretty guilty of hitting the skip 10 sec button sometimes ! ok gonna resist so wont miss info 🤗

Yes, it’s better to resist that temptation! Let me know if you have any questions about the characters, plot etc. I have a pdf with all the relevant information 😅

nathsketch:

Yes, it’s better to resist that temptation! Let me know if you have any questions about the characters, plot etc. I have a pdf with all the relevant information ?

ok will ask when has question ~ thanks Nath 🤗

Grouchy:

ok will ask when has question ~ thanks Nath 🤗

You’re welcome!

@Grouchy

I forgot to mention a couple of mini costumed dramas with high quality cinematography and good storyline. They’re considered low-budget dramas, but you won’t believe they are with how they’re wonderfully made.

• A Familiar Stranger
  • The Killer is Also Romantic
  • Butterflied Lover
 LucianYaz:

It's worth all the talk. I couldn't buy the 6 FastTrack episodes on WeTV (stupid geographic restrictions again *eye roll*) but I peaked at them on Dramacool and I know some pivotal stuff is coming up for our main leads and I'm eagerly waiting for Monday :D

I'm thinking of Word of Honor for my next drama - how is it so far?

i dropped word of honor after 4 episodes, it s a gay ML stalking another ML it s painful to watch for me. the casting is awesome though