Melusinefandedrama:

i dropped word of honor after 4 episodes, it s a gay ML stalking another ML it s painful to watch for me. the casting is awesome though

Never heard Word of Honor summarised in such a way ? Yes, it's BL, but heavily censored, so no explicit scenes. I'm not really into BL but liked Word of Honor anyway. It's about revenge, friendship and loyalty and self-sacrifice. Personally, I'd say give it a try. But of course tastes differ.

jumala:

Never heard Word of Honor summarised in such a way ? Yes, it's BL, but heavily censored, so no explicit scenes. I'm not really into BL but liked Word of Honor anyway. It's about revenge, friendship and loyalty and self-sacrifice. Personally, I'd say give it a try. But of course tastes differ.

i prefer when there is a ML/FL romance like in 'empress ki' or "the king's affection" or of course "ashes of love" !

Melusinefandedrama:

i prefer when there is a ML/FL romance like in 'empress ki' or "the king's affection" or of course "ashes of love" !

Me too, when looking for romance ? I didn't like the FL in "Ashes of Love" (sorry). But recently I really enjoyed "Who Rules the World". If you manage to ignore the FL's high voice, "Love Between Fairy and Devil" was great.

I haven't seen "The King's Affection", would you recommend it?

jumala:

Me too, when looking for romance ? I didn't like the FL in "Ashes of Love" (sorry). But recently I really enjoyed "Who Rules the World". If you manage to ignore the FL's high voice, "Love Between Fairy and Devil" was great.

I haven't seen "The King's Affection", would you recommend it?

the king'affection is one of the best sageuk  ! i also recommend Korean "100 days my prince", "love in the moonlight", "hwarang" and the  "crowned clown" ! in Cdrama i loved also "novoland pearl eclipse" , "A Female Student Arrives at the Imperial College" and "eternal love"

Melusinefandedrama:

the king'affection is one of the best sageuk  ! i also recommend Korean "100 days my prince", "love in the moonlight", "hwarang" and the  "crowned clown" ! in Cdrama i loved also "novoland pearl eclipse" , "A Female Student Arrives at the Imperial College" and "eternal love"

Oh yes !!! I also recommend Moon Embracing the Sun and The Red sleeve. 
My first wuxia was The Untamed, if the story is good and the acting is great, 50 episodes is nothing.... :)
 kahahaha:
Oh yes !!! I also recommend Moon Embracing the Sun and The Red sleeve. 
My first wuxia was The Untamed, if the story is good and the acting is great, 50 episodes is nothing.... :)

I heard the red sleeve has a very sad ending, i wont wacht it for that ! but i ll follow you advice,  and watch the untamed

The red sleeve is an emotional rollercoaster, but Lee jun Ho's role makes up for everything  :)

Melusinefandedrama:
watch the untamed

I just finished The Untamed two weeks ago, and it was incredible. Lots of great action scenes. Xiao Zhan and Wang Yi Bo were fantastic as the leads.

Melusinefandedrama:

"Love in the Moonlight" was my very first historical Asian drama (my 3rd or 4th Asian drama in total, I think) and I was hooked from then on :D I also liked "100 Days my Prince". "Hwarang" - not quite my sense of humour and that incestuous undercurrent was mildly disturbing. "Crowned Clown is on my watchlist, so I should probably start it soon (however, that list has grown beyond all reason, don't know how that happened...). And "Eternal Love" was my first cdrama. It has its weaknesses, but I still loved it. I don't know the other two (yet).

And "The Untamed"... Well... I watched it - more than once. In fact, I haven't quite emerged from my Untamed hole even after so many months, it's still in the background and I watch a couple of episodes every now and then. It's censored BL too, so you might not like it as much, but there's no stalking by any leads and Wei Wuxian was an amazingly likeable character!

i forgot the very good cdrama "ashes of love" and the best sageuk empress ki

Some of the best historical dramas so far this fall have been comedy / wuxia / romance mixes. Among them are: 

• Egg and Stone
  • Hilarious Family
  • Romance on the Farm [currently airing]
  • Legend of the Undercover Chef

I'm also looking forward to starting Ripe Town when I have a moment. This is a mystery/suspense historical set in Ming Dynasty China that just started airing on 13 Oct.

Korea-Khitan War has aired its first 4 episodes and I'm hooked. Korean dramas typically play heavy on romance in historicals but this one is all business so far. I wouldn't mind a bit of romance down the road but the idea of two countries on the path to war and what that's like is making for good TV for me so far.

I'm surprised no one here is talking about Story of Kunning Palace ... 

CdramaMaven4762:

I'm surprised no one here is talking about Story of Kunning Palace ... 

It's on my list to watch. Is it good?