American Fan:
How would you guys rate the romance in Blossoms of Adversity?

Barely there, some romance here and there or def part of the story?  :-)

They start out as friends, but he does things for her without taking credit for it. I thought it was really sweet. Later, they do open up to each other.  If you have watched Love Like the Galaxy: Part 1 , the ML was similar, just quietly supporting the FL in his own (sometimes brutal) way. 

To me, the main focus is how the family dynamics change after every challenge the Hua family undergoes (there's a lot) and how they overcome each of these challenges. But it's also about found family. Then, there's this overarching plot about palace intrigue, past and present. For me, this drama worked because it has all the elements I like in a drama: strong & smart female lead, found family, palace intrigue. Not sure how you feel about those.

Ari:
I was the same! I flew through those Bingchang scenes because I could already predict how this character was going to meddle ? 

Same! The first time she appeared on screen I was like "she's not half as innocent and purehearted as she might look". lol 

Yes, almost midway 18/40. I'll share my final rating/thoughts here. Try to be as spoiler-free as possible. If I have any spoilers I'll either DM them or mark them as such here. ^^

American Fan:
Ohhh, okay. Not boring is a plus. lol 

Absolutely! xD There's enough happening so it's not boring. I just wish I'd come to a point in the drama where I catch fire, but there's barely a spark yet. xD 

Ari:

Great question! I’m only on about episode 16 so Angelviki might be able to speak to this more than I can but so far it seems like sort of a slow burn but there’s obvious attraction and chemistry between the two there. They are friends currently where I am in the story but it’s heading towards something more with how protective he is of her and how she’s starting to recognize her own feelings. 

That sounds promising!

angeliviki2022:

They start out as friends, but he does things for her without taking credit for it. I thought it was really sweet. Later, they do open up to each other.  If you have watched Love Like the Galaxy: Part 1 , the ML was similar, just quietly supporting the FL in his own (sometimes brutal) way. 

To me, the main focus is how the family dynamics change after every challenge the Hua family undergoes (there's a lot) and how they overcome each of these challenges. But it's also about found family. Then, there's this overarching plot about palace intrigue, past and present. For me, this drama worked because it has all the elements I like in a drama: strong & smart female lead, found family, palace intrigue. Not sure how you feel about those.

It all sounds pretty good to me.  Challenges can make a drama more interesting, I just don't like dramas that focus too much on business and not enough on romance or other things.

I really liked LLTG!

American Fan:

It all sounds pretty good to me.  Challenges can make a drama more interesting, I just don't like dramas that focus too much on business and not enough on romance or other things.

I really liked LLTG!

I’m the same way but with Politics. I love a good historical but if there’s more politics than romance I start losing some interest. I feel like Blossoms of Adversity has a good blend of it. LLTG was a slow burn so I think if you liked that one (I loved it too) then you’ll like this one! 

angeliviki2022:

The LLTG reference to Bu Yi was spot on! I think that’s why I like the male lead so much haha

angeliviki2022:

I really like  "Love Like the Galaxy". I have a feeling this is gonna be a drama for me. I'm in the middle of The Double and finishing Wonderland of Love, then I'm gonna watch Blossoms of Adversity.

Hello I'd like to join please, mainly to discuss and discover new drama's to watch. Ever since i watched Jewel in the palace, I have been addicted to historical drama's. My favorite ones are story of minglan, legend of concubine Zhen Huan and nothing gold can stay.  

kahahaha:
I'm in the middle of The Double

MoritzMytem:
nothing gold can stay. 

Never heard of these titles but both sound great! On my PTW list. 

Ari:

I’m the same way but with Politics. I love a good historical but if there’s more politics than romance I start losing some interest. I feel like Blossoms of Adversity has a good blend of it. LLTG was a slow burn so I think if you liked that one (I loved it too) then you’ll like this one! 

Yep, I feel the same about politics. tbh both business & politics are on my "least favorite" pfp list. 

Right now I'm halfway through with Princess and the Werewolf. It's not bad. It doesn't take itself too seriously for sure, and that makes it lighter and fun. I wish the makeup and wig for the werewolf was more dramatic and better looking, but overall I'm enjoying the drama so far.

MoritzMytem:

Hello I'd like to join please, mainly to discuss and discover new drama's to watch. Ever since i watched Jewel in the palace, I have been addicted to historical drama's. My favorite ones are story of minglan, legend of concubine Zhen Huan and nothing gold can stay.  

One of my all-time favorites is Empress Ki. It's got a legendary cast and great writing.

American Fan:

Never heard of these titles but both sound great! On my PTW list. 

Yep, I feel the same about politics. tbh both business & politics are on my "least favorite" pfp list. 

Right now I'm halfway through with Princess and the Werewolf. It's not bad. It doesn't take itself too seriously for sure, and that makes it lighter and fun. I wish the makeup and wig for the werewolf was more dramatic and better looking, but overall I'm enjoying the drama so far.

Its so funny because I just finished Princess and The Werewolf about maybe two dramas ago. It’s definitely a drama that you can’t take too seriously for sure. I can see how it would be lighter and fun, I loved the ML in other projects so I thought I’d like this one but the costuming -and CGI amongst other things made me not like it as much 😅

MoritzMytem:

Welcome! 

Ari:

Its so funny because I just finished Princess and The Werewolf about maybe two dramas ago. It’s definitely a drama that you can’t take too seriously for sure. I can see how it would be lighter and fun, I loved the ML in other projects so I thought I’d like this one but the costuming -and CGI amongst other things made me not like it as much ?

Let me know how you end up rating it though, AmericanFan! 

I don't really know why I made a banner for TTEOTM but here it is, because the photo of the main leads inspired me. On a side note: episode 19 was the best so far. Cute and funny scenes between the main leads. Can I please have more of that?! xD

JulyMoon:

I don't really know why I made a banner for TTEOTM but here it is, because the photo of the main leads inspired me. On a side note: episode 19 was the best so far. Cute and funny scenes between the main leads. Can I please have more of that?! xD

This banner looks so good Moon!