Ari:

Its so funny because I just finished Princess and The Werewolf about maybe two dramas ago. It’s definitely a drama that you can’t take too seriously for sure. I can see how it would be lighter and fun, I loved the ML in other projects so I thought I’d like this one but the costuming -and CGI amongst other things made me not like it as much ?

I can see why you feel that way. I'm not sure how I will feel by the end. I'm a dropping drama queen so if I get through the whole thing that says something, haha.

Ari:

Let me know how you end up rating it though, AmericanFan! 

For sure!

JulyMoon:
I don't really know why I made a banner for TTEOTM but here it is,

So pretty!!

Dramatic Debra:
One of my all-time favorites is Empress Ki

I have not gotten around to watching it yet.

Ari:
This banner looks so good Moon! 

Thanks, dear! ^.^

American Fan:
So pretty!!

Thank you! I guess the last couple episodes inspired me because finally we see the love grow between them. <3

Ari:

Welcome! 

American Fan:

Never heard of these titles but both sound great! On my PTW list. 

Yep, I feel the same about politics. tbh both business & politics are on my "least favorite" pfp list. 

Right now I'm halfway through with Princess and the Werewolf. It's not bad. It doesn't take itself too seriously for sure, and that makes it lighter and fun. I wish the makeup and wig for the werewolf was more dramatic and better looking, but overall I'm enjoying the drama so far.

Nothing gold can stay has romance in it, but it's also about business and politics (schemes) so maybe you won't like it. It's a story based on the life of Zhou ying , a famous businesswoman in the late Qing dynasty. 

The double is also on my ptw list, seems very promising with one of my favorite actress Wu Jin Yan.

Dramatic Debra:

One of my all-time favorites is Empress Ki. It's got a legendary cast and great writing.

Thank you for the recs, definitely put it on my ptw list. 

Ari:

Welcome! 

Thanks!

MoritzMytem:
Nothing gold can stay has romance in it, but it's also about business and politics (schemes) so maybe you won't like it. It's a story based on the life of Zhou ying , a famous businesswoman in the late Qing dynasty. 

Ohhh, you could be right...but I'll give it a go anyways! :-) 

After I get a few others finished first. And I can always drop it with no guilty feelings. 

American Fan:

Ohhh, you could be right...but I'll give it a go anyways! :-) 

After I get a few others finished first. And I can always drop it with no guilty feelings. 

Off course you can :) So what are your favorite tropes in the historical drama genre?  I personally love cunning FL,Ml who outsmart the villains, palace (harem) drama's, schemes and politics, revenge plot, family dynamics and slow burn romance like the sword and the brocade. 

MoritzMytem:

Off course you can :) So what are your favorite tropes in the historical drama genre?  I personally love cunning FL,Ml who outsmart the villains, palace (harem) drama's, schemes and politics, revenge plot, family dynamics and slow burn romance like the sword and the brocade. 

Thank you for asking. :-)

Hmm, my top favs have to be martial arts FL, clever/smart FL, powerful/badass FL and/or ML, hidden identity/cross-dressing, enemy-to-lover, eccentric lead, time travel, marriage contract and opposites attract. 

I absolutely love a combo of comedy & action too. One that comes to mind that covers quite a few on my list is Knight Flower and Mr. Queen. I have a short list of historical/fantasy favs on my pfp.  

Is historical and fantasy dramas usually grouped together or are they considered different altogether?

American Fan:

Thank you for asking. :-)

Hmm, my top favs have to be martial arts FL, clever/smart FL, powerful/badass FL and/or ML, hidden identity/cross-dressing, enemy-to-lover, eccentric lead, time travel, marriage contract and opposites attract. 

I absolutely love a combo of comedy & action too. One that comes to mind that covers quite a few on my list is Knight Flower and Mr. Queen. I have a short list of historical/fantasy favs on my pfp.  

Is historical and fantasy dramas usually grouped together or are they considered different altogether?

Yes! Love Strong, smart and bad ass FL 

Sorry, I only watched Korean Historical dramas. Some of my favorites:

Edited: 

Mr. Sunshine 

My Dearest

Under the Queen's Umbrella 

The King's Affection

Alchemy of Soul - Is this historical / fantasy or Fantasy?

Knight Flower

The Tale of Nokdu 

River Where the Moon Rises 

Our Blooming Youth 

Just finished Blossoms of Adversity.

The only upsetting thing about the story was Yanxi's undying loyalty to a king that uses him solely as a weapon. Despite this, I enjoyed it till the very end. 9.5 from me and worthy of a recommendation. ^^

Now I don't know what to watch next after that lol, this is the first drama I've rated above an 8.5 this year. 

MajesticConfidence36:

My Dearest

Mr. Sunshine

The King's Affection

Knight Flower

The Tale of Nokdu 

Our Blooming Youth 

Mr. Sunshine is fabulous!

Ari:

Let me know how you end up rating it though, AmericanFan! 

I've decided, after finishing 19 eps. that it was time to drop it. I was tired of the same repeated actions throughout most of the first half. I pretty much have the same opinion as you had. It's just not doing anything for me.  :-( 

After the first 17 eps I skipped to last 2 eps, and even then needed to fast forward through some of it. I rated it 6/10. Ah well, that's how it goes sometimes!

MajesticConfidence36:

Edited: 

Mr. Sunshine 

My Dearest

The King's Affection

Knight Flower

The Tale of Nokdu 

Our Blooming Youth 

I've watched Knight Flower, Our Blooming Youth and The King's Affection from your list. All were rated high by me. I tried to watch the first three on your list but couldn't get past the first few eps. Same for Alchemy of Soul. 

I feel so picky sometimes, lol. 

American Fan:

I'm torn, do I keep watching or not, haha. I kinda felt the same as you, JulyMoon, with the dragging, now that I think about it. Nothing is worse than feeling bored or impatient when watching a drama!

I completed TTEOTM and can only recommend to keep it dropped. lol It was not worth it in my opinion. The back and forth in their relationship is there until the end. It kept dragging on and I just speed watched the rest without even paying much attention because I didn't care anymore. 

Here's my review, if you want to read it