Yes, i meant accurate. Sorry, I will edit the original post lol. And thank you so much for the recommendations! I will check them out as soon as possible. :) 

Vitalia:

Yes, i meant accurate. Sorry, I will edit the original post lol. And thank you so much for the recommendations! I will check them out as soon as possible. :) 

Fair warning, there are tons of other historical dramas out there that may, depending on the person & their tastes, be more enjoyable from these & be relatively historically accurate, set in a specific historical period, and have no fantasy elements. 

But these are some I could think of, that their creators actually made an effort to be as historically accurate as possible, in their re-establishment/portrayal of the era they're set in, with all the customs, the people, the costumes, the mannerisms, the language they use, the historical figures and/or events, and/or separating the real historical characters from their myth.

I'm pretty sure there are others, other members will be able to answer to that better! :)

Estelll:
To @WandereR and the others, thank you for the great OST lists!!! 

Here's some more that (I think) haven't been mentioned (in random order):

You're welcome and thanks so much for your additions!  I'm gonna include them in the list too, they're awesome :)

Estelll:

Club Members

(Coming Soon)

I got the banner of @Luna Skylar on my profile installed a couple weeks ago with a link attachment to this thread but I was insecure to join or ask for membership myself.

Well here I'm and like to take the step to join even though I probable will post or comment a little in the beginning until I'm confident enough to talk throughout :)

Shenmi:

I got the banner of @Luna Skylar on my profile installed a couple weeks ago with a link attachment to this thread but I was insecure to join or ask for membership myself.

Well here I'm and like to take the step to join even though I probable will post or comment a little in the beginning until I'm confident enough to talk throughout :)

Welcome, my dear friend!

Please feel free to talk or share about anything related to historicals or even ask questions :)

WandereR:
Welcome, my dear friend!

Please feel free to talk or share about anything related to historicals or even ask questions :)

Thank you WandeRing friend :D

There is a topic I like to talk about but I'm not sure how to put it into writing, yet! Also I want to compliment you on the fashion topic of the Dynasties. I found it quite interesting 

Shenmi:

Thank you WandeRing friend :D

There is a topic I like to talk about but I'm not sure how to put it into writing, yet! Also I want to compliment you on the fashion topic of the Dynasties. I found it quite interesting 

Thank you :)

That's the beauty of costume dramas - the costumes! 

Looking forward to your discussion topic  :D  

Shenmi:

Hey there and welcome to our company!! 

You don't necessarily have to ask for membership, it's not like we approve or disapprove anyone (unless they start attacking other members or something, that would be the only exception, thankfully nothing of the sort is happening here :)), and I know many people are shy or don't feel comfortable enough to talk, but are just subscribed to the topic!

So anyway, everyone is friendly here, so feel free to ask or post about anything you like!! ^_^

And to @everyone, feel free to introduce yourself, ask questions, ask for recommendations, send feedback, suggest any improvements, additions, and/or club related activities, and of course post about anything historical/costume drama related!!! ^.^

Estelll:
Hey there and welcome to our company!! 

I appreciate that, thank you Estelll . I remember you making this thread and I subscribed instantly and due to that I read almost every post and loving it :)

I'm not very good at making a very presentable posts so I will just post little things that comes to my mind 

So one of the aspects I really love about Historical dramas are the background music ...and not just any background music ...I'm talking about the flute playing in the background which is usually shown in Chinese Historicals ....I personally really like the sound of flute among other music instruments ... I particularly find it very calming that's why I really love those scene when the scene is slo-mo and flute playing in the background

Ps . I'm sharing this not because I liked Wei wuxia flute playing but I just wanted to grab attention (ㆁωㆁ)

Sam:

I'm not very good at making a very presentable posts so I will just post little things that comes to my mind 

So one of the aspects I really love about Historical dramas are the background music ...and not just any background music ...I'm talking about the flute playing in the background which is usually shown in Chinese Historicals ....I personally really like the sound of flute among other music instruments ... I particularly find it very calming that's why I really love those scene when the scene is slo-mo and flute playing in the background

Ps . I'm sharing this not because I liked Wei wuxia flute playing but I just wanted to grab attention (ㆁωㆁ)

I also love background music, especially when it's done to compliment the drama, with a more traditional feel, with traditional musical instruments, like flute or qin in Chinese dramas!! 

And since you mentioned Wei Wuxian, and because we were talking about OSTs a few days ago, please allow me to share some of my favourite instrumental tracks from The Untamed!

In no particular order:

Music By: Lin Hai [林海]

Sam:

Thanks for sharing, Sam  :)

The Untamed has great music overall incorporated and apart from Wei Wuxian's flute (called "dizi"), I also like listening to Lan Zhan playing the guqin.  Historical dramas in all forms wouldn't be the same without elements of traditional music infused into the BGM and the theme music.

Estelll:
And since you mentioned Wei Wuxian, and because we were talking about OSTs a few days ago, please allow me to share some of my favourite instrumental tracks from The Untamed!

Love it, Estelll!  Thanks for sharing those really great instrumental tracks.  The composer is truly exceptional.  He's been involved in so many dramas, even the currently airing Word of Honor.  

I like the flute and the guqin, also the harp.

I do wish they don't make close-up shots of the actors/actrices playing, though, because their hand movements never match the tunes. ^.^ 

I wonder why Asian dramas never have attention for details like that. The same case with scenes underwater shots with green screen, where the hair doesn't move or no bubbles come out of the mouth. In "Under The Power", there's even a scene where the FL is swimming in the ocean, and at one point she makes no movement at all, lol. I was like, huh? Where/when did she find something to stand upon?

The Untamed is one of my favorite C-Drama OSTs because of the instruments and music and I always look for such traditional infused songs in an OST. 

Vya van Velaris:
The same case with scenes underwater shots with green screen, where the hair doesn't move or no bubbles come out of the mouth.

That's something that bothers me as well because it's so obviously fake. You cannot pretend to be underwater with a green screen and wind machines. >.<'

Hallo! I would like to ask if anyone knows about period Thai dramas not focused solely on romance, something mixed with action or revenge or even better investigation. Are there some good recs?